the Rift

[OPEN] Lend me your eyes

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The waters of the fountain begin to slowly churn. Bubbles that would normally just drift to the top, now rocketed upwards, ricocheting against the rocky bowl, and splashing onto the floor. The cause seemed to come deep within, for a great rumbling sound could be heard - as if the earth deep down below was actually churning. The sound of rocks thundering against one another could be distinctly picked out, as well as the sound of air rushing upwards; likely the cause of all the bubbles.

More and more water began to froth from the fountain - sloshing onto the ground and covering the rock with a glistening sheen. As this occurred, the air seemed to...to change. It felt heavier, if that was possible, and yet there was no humidity. A pleasant sent seemed to permeate from the water upwards - somewhere between the scent of green tea and lilac. It smelled refreshing, and cleansing.

In the center of the fountain, an image began to form. This should strike you as odd, given that this wasn't a reflection, nor was there anything in the water causing the image - it simply seemed as though certain droplets had decided to display a certain colour, making up a familiar bearded, horned face.

While the God of the Earth could not fully come through this fountain, he could do something much better. He could show them how to heal.

"These waters-" He announced, ancient and weathered voice seeming to echo throughout the caves, -carry my blessing. All those who drink them will be purified of the darkness that permeates their souls. But we wary - they will not come quickly, for darkness seeks the solace of its shadow, and recedes from the light. "

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I’d started coming into this chamber often, the other occupants seemed interested in various parts of yon cavern and thus this section of our hovel was rather calm usually. Me and Fina would stand by for many long minutes, praying and studying the traces left behind by my ancestors—and the gods. Featureless silhouettes danced along the shimmering walls; they retold old legends of our fathers, who had long since vanished from this generation. The markings are strangely beautiful, mysterious, and though I wasn’t of a scholars mind to decipher their true meanings; it was a boon to come walk along the crystal like walls all the same. A moment of quiet, without the rotten odors and damp memories of loved ones that had been consumed.

As I gingerly touched the granite bottom, a trembling began beneath—growing steady more powerful with each quiet heartbeat that quickly turned to racing. The rushing cry of water from yon center fountain began to crest its breast and overfull upon the stones below. I held my ground, and shut my dangling lips together as the face of my lord emerged from the center. Unadorned crown lowered with the most revered and humblest of respect; ears knowingly pricked to hear what might be uttered to a loyal child of earth. When he finished I dared a glance up, a fierce new hope dawning past the shadows under my eyes, “I say thankee father, thankee.” He offered us a chance, a light at the end of a tunnel that had thus far little relief.

MIDAS the GALLANT
The blood’s run stale
I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
image credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over
when i'm wiser and i'm older</style>

Meg didn’t usually like staying still, but after her long journey to the threshold and back she took advantage of the quiet room to rest before venturing out again. She lay quietly listening to the quiet trickle of the fountain. The water of this spring had been like nothing she’d tasted before, as refreshing and clear as the open air when she flew.

Suddenly the water began to churn and bubble, breaking the calming hum in the cavern and Meg’s dark head spun around towards the spout. When the sounds of the earth rumbling filled her ears, she jumped to her feet in panic, stumbling in her haste before finding her feet. She stared wide-eyed as the fountain spewed more and more water, overflowing on to the floor. She had to run, had to get everyone out of the caves, surely this was the warning sign of a collapse coming. Shifting earth and spewing water never boded well for those underground. But wait!! What’s that?

A face had appeared in the flowing water, strong and bearded, with great curling horns. Not a face Meg had seen before, but she had heard of the God of Earth from others. She gave a shout of surprise, and instead of running from the room, she moved back towards the water. When the rippling figure spoke, its voice echoed through her head as well as in the cavern. A CURE!!! Elation and excitement sent a jolt through the mare as the voice boomed out this miraculous revelation. If Meg had doubted the Gods of Helovia, she would never make that mistake again. The mare turned on her heels about to race to find her sultans but she was brought up short for one was already there. "MIDAS!"Excitement shone on her features and it took a moment before she remember the courtesies owed to her leader. She tried to rearrange her face into a respectful expression but as she dipped her head to Midas, it was hard to keep a jubilant laugh caged. "My lord, did you hear?" she glanced at the fountain and back again, unable to contain herself."Did you see? We have to go! We have to capture the wraiths and bring then here! We can save them!"

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
The lack of the lovely sun had driven the ivory stallion to venture further within the recesses of the haven. This cave bore the marks of the gods, their bodies painted on the stony canvas. It was truly an incredible place, one that made Arrane think back to the times where he had traveled to the veins to request something from the Earth god. His call was never answered, but it didn't primarily bother him, for Arrane knew that such a celestial being had more on his mind. But speak of the devil, an ethreal voice full of power boomed through the cave walls. It was amazing, awe enthralling. Arrane stopped momentarily, his jaw slightly agaped and cyan orbs caught in a trance.

The Earth god was here, watching over them after all. Listening, silent with anticipation, his heart began to beat faster. There was a cure. There was a cure! Arrane felt giddy within, a happiness bursting and blosoming within his chest. An overjoyed grin spread upon his maw, rearing up on his hind legs, he let out a whinny of gratefulness. Eyes closed and head cocked back, Arrane yelled out into the caverns. "There is a cure to this madness!" Yelling out with bright tones, he ran towards the god's voice. "Thank you god of Earth! You have heard our pleas for help! You have blessed us! Thank you!" Running to a fountain of water, two forms of other horses stood before him, gazing downwards.

"I am at your service", he called to the excited mare, glancing at the leader of the Dragon's Throat, Midas. Dipping his head in respect, bowing for a few moments, he brought his eyes upon Midas and the mare. "Good day, Sir Midas", bowing once more, Arrane didn't know how to title him, for he wasn't his leader. He hoped that he wasn't being disrespectful. "She is right! We must recruit those infected back here to be cured", calming his voice, the warrior stood, awaiting directions even though Midas wasn't his leader, feeling a laugh rumble out of his chest.

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
A heart carved from adversity shown in the brilliance, the chords, in light and luminescence even as the world dimmed around them. Ethereal air, instead of fear, instead of fright, instead of anxiety, there was power brimming beyond the daunting flow of toxins, gilded croons and exalted tunes, determination, resolution, perseverance enlightened again and again, renewed and prosperous. Though she’d wandered, pulsed and pulled across the flow of midnight tresses and irreverent scales, embarked upon stones of murky decibels and the haunting, poignant remains of laments and dirges, she’d also crossed over wires of earth and rubble to cast aside the gloom, the murk, the deceit and poison. Even now, in the halls of their destined sanctuary, where she glowed and its walls shimmered back, she searched for divine truth, for an essence, for a sign, for an entity flowing through her veins, for information to prolong mending, assuaging, tending to the needs of the world around her. The songbird and kitsune had been blessed, not taken into the threads, the grasp, the strands of venom and its scraping aspirations, and they grew ever more committed to plucking away the chords of damnation from the scarred, from the taken. So they followed the runes, the paintings, the tapestries, the canvases of the unknown, reaching towards the fathoms and seeking the stars, when the fountains, brewing, bubbling, foaming in their elegant mirth, in their whimsical turns (for what did they have to fear, crystalline springs sought by renegades), announced proclamations. Lena, uttered a light gasp, before taking in the other creatures (of the winged and desert, she yearned to avoid their eyes) twisting and conversing in the midst, and she struggled to listen to the formations of the God immersed in the brooding depths. A manifestation of the earth, a deity murmuring truths, knowledge, information to pass towards her kin? These waters carry my blessing. All those who drink them will be purified…, and while her song had restored Kahlua, the nature of the cursings, of the distortions, she had no idea if it could mend each and every somber soul. This wonderful divinity, however, seemed urgent to provide them with an alternative means – one she intended to use, assist, and proclaim towards those she passed. Roaming closer, she dipped her head towards the rippling form within the cascading labyrinth, posturing arias and strains for his gallant acts. “Thank you.” She bowed, invoked and appealed, then backed away, in awe, in reverence, of the possibilities and gifts granted in the time of sin and nefarious whims.

her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Power attracted power, and it was no surprise that others had been lingering in the shadows of this dark room. I’d paid little attention to the innerworks during the moments the water rippled to reveal a precious secret—one of my dusty soldiers was hidden by the breast of our fountain. I started when she popped out from behind the marble, “M-Megaera?” I stammered out, my ears adrift to the rear, golden eyes widened in alarm and concern as the wayward warrior shouted my name; though worry is quickly replaced with smiles and nods as she doubled back and retold her version of what just happened from behind the fountain.

“Best to share this information with the council and warlords first, devise a plan of attack.” We’d need to learn more about how to trap our enemy, rushing out blindly would only destroy those that we were trying to earnestly to protect. Another figure crunched his way in, a stallion from Foothills ranks. He had witnessed the emergence of Earth as well. I glanced back and saluted his nod with a soldiers mark by touching my chin to breast sharply, “Report this to Apollo or Lakota, brother, all that have taken ill within our ranks should drink from this pool as a precaution.” Another mare came down, pushing her way past and thrusting muzzle toward the water in quiet worship of thanksgiving. I glanced toward the dark unicorn, my eyes softening by the tenderness in her touch and hope sparking within those unfamiliar eyes. Finally. Some news worth sharing.

MIDAS the GALLANT
The blood’s run stale
I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
image credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Rigidly still, expectant for orders, the ivory stallion stood with lips curved into a grin. A soft voice from the stony corridors rang, but the elusive mare emerged into the light. Hope was present in those mysterious orbs of hers, craning down to lightly touch the water. Turning quickly, the dark mare disappeared in the tunnels from where she came from. Eyes brimming with joy, Midas seemed somewhat stunned by the jovial tones of the taut mare. Megaera was her name?

Dipping his nose to a wide chest, Arrane returned the gesture to the man, and even though it wasn't familiar, the ivory stallion knew it was of importance. "Yes Sir", Arrane replied, hearing out the orders given to him. It was a chance of reaching out to help, and to rid Helovia of these wretched creatures. This was what the ivory man yearned for, to be freed of darkness within and outside.

Troubled times they were, and Arrane turned quickly, ready to share the news with those from the Foothills. Following the scent of those clustered in the cave, Arrane leg a whinny ring. This was the time to emerge back into the brightness.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over
when i'm wiser and i'm older</style>

Suddenly it seemed, there were more than only two souls in the room, others had been there to witness the miracle as well. Meg’s head swiveled around to take in the grey stallion as he called to her. His pale blue eyes were alight with the same excitement and determination, but when he spoke again, his voice was calm, and it helped to ease her racing heart. Midas, too, spoke with a calm sort of command that eased her strung nerves. They had a monstrous task before them. Is had seemed so simple when she had first heard the Earth God’s words, but now the gravity of what must be done, and what might still be lost, started to sink in.

A fourth voice murmured in the cavern and Meg turned to see another mare, like her but wings swapped for a horn, giving her show of thanks at the news. Midas’ second string of words had her returning her attention to the sultan. “I’ll seek out Gaucho, and tell any others pledged to W.A.R. of what we have learned. I know there was talk of using the crafters to capture the wraiths, they must be rallied as well.”

There was so much to be done; as Midas sent the grey stallion to alert the leaders of the foothills, Meg wondered if even this new weapon would be enough to slay the darkness. How far had it spread though the land, and would curing the wraith be the key? ”Sultan, do you believe we can defeat this darkness? Even if we cure the wraiths, what will become of the lands it has swallowed, and the Throat?” She tried not to betray herself in her tone, but the surge of energy had fled somewhat in the worry for her home.

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      bite me

The beast hears voices, black ears perking as many souls crowd into one room. He searches for them, finding them surrounding a fountain and gawking in awe. Stepping into the crowded room to see what they're gawking about, he sees the God of Earth, who was just the deity he was looking for. He steps forth, slipping through an opening in the crowd. He stares into the fountain, seeing the God of the Earth's reflection in the water, constantly rippling. Water was sloshing about beneath his hooves, overflowing from the fountain as he moves towards it, gaze unwavering as he advances forward.

The beast opens his dark lips to speak to the Earth God, wanting to tell him of his change of heart, how he no longer wanted the magic Father Earth granted him a quest for. "Change of heart, my Lord. I no longer desire the magic you granted me a quest for." He inhales, a weight lifted from his shoulders as his sentence is finished. "Please forgive me." He murmurs, trying to show respect to the deity despite his change of attitude, his turn of heart. His gruff voice softens for those last three words, this tone would never be heard by another soul, unless it is his Lamb he speaks to. He spins on his heels water splashing about as he does so, tail swiping as he leaves the others to their devices. He doesn't care what else they do, it doesn't interest him in the slightest. Hotaru is not here, so there is no reason to stay.

Slinking away into the shadows, away from the noisy crowd, the beast decides to take a nap. He's grown to be more cat-like, to sleep during the day and prowl at night, to bask in the warm sunlight (which can't happen at the time). He finds a secluded corner to rest, jaw opening wide as a yawn escapes his lips. Curling up in the dark spot, he lets sleep take hold of his body, already prepared for the nightmares that will torture him in his dreams.

"Talk"
[really short post just to make it official that Tingal has decided not to complete his quest because he no longer desires this magic. hope it's okay that he does it here <3]
MoonsongStock | table by Tay

i am a king
and the world is beneath me