the Rift

You can keep me company (Open)

Moniz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
M O N I Z

Fuck this. The muddy ground sloshed and sucked unpleasantly against Moniz’s cupped hooves. Her dark coat was thickening as the temperatures had begun sinking, and now the longer hairs were matting into ugly clumps. She had traveled all her life, but the monotony of solitary existence bored her. There was a certain romance others always attatched to a life of wanderlust, but it failed to allure this pony. There was nothing mysterious about it. It was dull.

It was late afternoon, and the light filtering through the tree tops had faded from the white-gray overcast of high noon to the dark-gray overcast of almost sunset. The trail Moniz had followed was well worn, and the smells assaulting her nostrils made it abundantly clear that she would find some company here soon enough. Poor bastards.

Beholden to no one and with nothing of great interest to do, Moniz dragged her thick body to a halt. Her small, black-tipped ears flicked back disinterestedly and she cocked a hind leg, swishing her tail with idle irritation. She knew the drill when it came to entering new lands: find the meeting grounds, catch someone’s interest, banter and get out. It was a formality, and not one Moniz had a great deal of patience for, but she knew that if she wanted to end the terrible boredom of being her own sole source of amusement, it would be necessary.

She sighed, already weary with the process before it had begun. "Come and find me, then." She spoke clearly into the darkness of the woods surrounding her, her voice an unamused monotone. "I don’t bite." Not with teeth, at least.

--------------------

OOC: *waves* I'm Vail, and I'm a new kid here. Unlike Moniz, I actually really don't bite. I'll get brave and chat in the cbox soon, but if you want to talk to me about anything please feel free to send a message. I was on Isilme back in the day so some of you might know me from there. :)

I only smile in the dark
My only comfort is the night gone black
I didn't accidentally tell you that
I'm only happy when it rains

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
The girl had been walking when she had heard a voice. It was daring and quite cunning, striking fear into her young soul. But comfort was soon found in her ghostly mother, Harmony. Her MeMe reached out to touch her shoulder, probably sensing her fear. With the collusion of living and dead, a series of sparks were spit up and an aura of mist an eerie blue light. No worries my child... , the ghostly figure of Harmony spoke, the outlined bodice pressed against the living. The scene of the touch is one of beauty, but only visible to the skilled orbs of Abishia and of course, her deascesed loved ones. A sigh escaped the girl, the touch and the words instantly calmed her. With a renewed mood, she walked on, now safely curious of the creature tht had spoken so daringly.

The painted princess walked on a narrow deer path, her dainty cloppers pattering lightly on the damp soil. In the cloak of darkness, she moved swiftly throughout the wood, stumbling upon the newcomer sooner than she had expected. Just behind this thick tree was a short mare, the one who had said that chilling phrase. Abishia smiled wide, why, who would be afraid of something so small? The girl kept her rude thoughts to herself, and replaced the smug curls with a friendly one. She stepped out from behind her cover, and came before the mare. Abishia towered over her, but still payed her respects. She dipped her dome to her, but her orbs were lit with a frantic light. Quickly, she retained her upright composure and locked orbs with the older fae. " I welcome you to Helovia miss. I am Abishia, don't worry about wasting time to share your name now. " The princess flicked her lobes impatiently, fright causing her to act in such a way, she felt as if she didn't even know herself. She shook her dome. " I'm sorry to say, but your timing isn't very great. Helovia is under the iron fist of a much... Well, higher evil. Blood thirsty beasts are among the innocent. They infect ruthelessly and will not hesitate to infect you also. The filly sighed, her ribcage expanding. She flicked her maw in the direction of the Sanctuary, and tried to lighten the mood with a small smile. " I encourage you to follow me to a serious of caves and caverns we call the Sanctuary. Here you will be safe and among some others. You can chose where you will rest your dome from then on. But now, I must bring you to safety miss." She urgently finished her sentence, turning on her heel and strting at a swift trot. She looked back quickly and added, " Come with me, and spare your life. Follow me quickly, miss. "

@[Moniz]

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Moniz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
M O N I Z

As she had expected, Moniz was joined quickly. What she had not expected was to be discovered by one so young. The pretty painted filly exuded an innocence that was absolutely delicious. The cogs of Moniz’s mind leapt into action, filling her with fantastic thoughts of corruption and cruelty.

The taller filly bowed. How precious. Moniz did nothing to return the gesture – she didn’t even bother to show the respect of bringing her legs squarely under herself. Instead, she stared up challengingly into the young one’s eyes, daring her to call her out on her rudeness.

Like the distressed paint’s young age, her frantic tone was also unusual. Higher evil? Bloodthirsty beasts? Oh, that she should be so lucky. The residents of Helovia must be going absolutely mad with terror. What fun!

Moniz wanted to stay and play with the sweet toy that had stumbled upon her, but the filly was trotting off before the pony could get a word out. Well, the darker mare could trot and talk at the same time, unfortunately for her would-be rescue mission. “Aren’t you a little young to be playing my heroine, Abishia?” Moniz called ahead as she shuffled along after her, drawing out each word with agonizing lethargy, letting her droll voice counter the frenzied anxiety of the well-intentioned girl. Her hooves dragged noisily through the rotting underbrush. “ Goodness, for one who claims time is of the essence, you certainly talk a lot.” Her voice turned sweet for the first time, but it was not a friendly sweetness. The saccharine sounds were full of patronizing condescension, as was the chuckle that rumbled out from somewhere deep in her lungs.

Moniz churned her short legs into a faster gait, cantering forward to keep pace with the taller horse. Her breathing became labored and despite the cool temperature, small patches of sweat beaded up to the surface of her hide. We better not be going far, she thought irritably. Then she consoled herself with another thought: this Helovian chaos will be oh so much fun.

--------------------

OOC: If you want to move to the sanctuary, I'll follow. She can become an outcast if she needs a rank to move on. :)

I only smile in the dark
My only comfort is the night gone black
I didn't accidentally tell you that
I'm only happy when it rains