the Rift

[PRIVATE] nothing left of me.

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
He had left the lands earlier in the year, when seasons were just beginning to shift. He regretted leaving her, the reason he lived was in lands far away. He kept going, despite the pain and torture he went through. Around his neck was a line where his thick coat had been worn thin, the skin raw. A metal chain jingles as he strides through the caverns, searching for her familiar figure. Maw is gaping, nostrils flaring as he attempts to sniff her out. She could not hide from him for long, because he would find her sooner or later. Rounded ears twitch with every sound, even if its the faint whisper of wind breezing through the caverns, or a droplet hitting the floor yards away. He heard it all.

Solid black hooves click against stone, large feathered legs carrying the beast about. Thick tail swipes at the air, showing aggravation. He's still plagued by nightmares of what took place while he was gone. The horrific memories attach to his mind, feeding on his fear, using it to bring back the sickening memories. He sees a dark cave, his body sore from the long journey. A leather whip is cracked in the air, causing him to jump. A larger stallion bites at him, showing him discipline. The beast had rebelled against his 'Master' showing him a darker side that not many have seen. He had lost half his left horn in the process, but he didn't mind. As long as he made it out with his life, he was pleased. The other stallion, could not say the same. He was broken, demolished, mutilated. Something deep within the tiger hybrid had been sparked, causing him to pour all his rage out into the attacks.

He had fled after the rage left him be, suddenly fearing he could never return to that land. So he fled back to Helovia in search of comfort, but only found horrors. Shadows swallowed the realm, causing horses to flee. He had found that many were tucked away in underground caverns, and that is where he went. He could smell her faintly, her sweet, delicate scent is drifting in the musky air. So many other scents collide with hers, but it is easy to pick them apart for it is only hers he is familiar with. A smile spreads across his dark lips as he thinks of her, smirk fading as her image is tattered and faded. He has not eaten her appearance in so long, it makes him want her more than ever. He licks his lips, pink tongue slipping from its cavern where it has been banished to see the light only once in a while. He settles into a secluded corner, finding it pleasant to stand in the shadows. He awaits her arrival, no matter how long it may take.

Come to me, my little lamb.
"Talk talk talk"
Tingal

image credits
table by whit

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

Seasons ago, Tingal had left her side. At first she was relieved, to be free of the guilt that came with his presence, the reminder that she could not easily return the love he had for her. Then she realized, as time went on, just how alone she truly was. Wasn't that what she'd wanted, though? To be alone? It's why she'd disowned her family and fled the Foothills, why she'd tried time and again to send Tingal away. Then she'd realized how she was hopeless at making friends. It wasn't her style. Raeden was the likable one, Hotaru was the shadow that hid in her twin's brilliance. Hotaru was coarse and defensive, terrified of letting someone close where they could hurt her, rip her apart from the inside out like everyone else had. Hotaru was an actress, putting out a tough front when in reality her actions were all put into play to protect herself. She was just a frightened maiden, emotionally. Pain of any physical sort she could handle. Battle was hers for the taking. But emotionally...she was weak, and broken, and only Tingal had looked into those fucked up depths and still stayed. She wished for more friends like him, but knew it was selfish of her to think anybody else would stay. Tingal had only stayed because he'd met her when she was still hiding behind her hair. Still innocent.

Sighing, she turned bicolored eyes to look around the cavern as she walked in solitude. Of course, she was always alone, but that was beside the point. She worried over if her family had made it to the Sanctuary, secretly, even though she cursed herself for still having emotional attachments to the ones who had wronged her. At least she had found out, though she could hardly recall how. Not that she cared in any way, despite her innate fear of the shadow creatures that stalked the land above. All that mattered was that she'd arrived. It was just as lonely as the rest of the places she'd roamed, but it's not like she had the right to complain. It was nice, most of the time, and she would revel in the solitude she'd placed herself in. Quite like isolation from the world. Days like this one, she began to regret.

A flash of silver catches her eye, and she shifts her gaze to look in that direction. It's some sort of metal, swinging in the tiny bits of light that reach out towards the shadowed corners of the cave. Frowning, unable to see much past the outline of the equine's figure, she weaves elegantly through the milling crowd around her, curiosity drawing her in. All she can see is the metal chain and the eerie feline glow of emerald eyes. She sucks in a breath, feeling like prey beneath a predator's gaze, but dares to move forward towards the shadowed figure anyways. The closer she gets, the easier it is to see them, but as she nears she still can't quite discern just who it is. Does she even know them?

Uncertainly, voice wavering a little under the stare that makes her shiver, she calls out.

"Hello?"

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

dark
His lamb has fallen into his trap, caught in his web. He watches her approach, unable to tell who he is. Her innocent whisper makes him melt, the sweet word befalling his dark ears. Lips twitch as he manages a devious smile, staring at her with feline orbs. He does not speak as he steps forward, towering over her small frame. He presses close to her, if she allows. She had the option to move from him, to stray from his arms. Leaning close to her left ear, he snickers before whispering faint words, words with passion behind them. He was eaten away by lust and fear, still afraid she may turn down his offers of love, of a warm body beside her each moment of her life. "Hotaru," he steps even closer, waiting for that moment for their skin to touch. The chains around his neck clink against the box and the amulet, making an echoing tink in the caves. "I've missed you," he draws back to gaze into her eyes, her beautiful, opulent pearls. "Have you missed me?" His voice is held lower than it once was, gruff and worn from the seasons of slavery. He had worn out his voice screaming for the first few weeks, crying out in his quarters almost every night.

He begins to circle her, examining her with his needy gaze. He is a predator, a lion that prepares for the lunge. She is the lamb who wandered too far, the little lamb who fell victim to the Beast. He inhales her, hungrily devouring her delicious scent. He has missed her so, finding himself so alone without her. She had changed since he last saw her, she had gone farther into the territory of being a woman, now leaving foalhood behind her. She was gaining curves, delicate and divine. Now that she had grown she appeared more... appealing to the primitive brute.

Something inside told him to be cautious of what grounds he treads, for where he walks with Ru is an icy field, filled with traps to avoid. The Beast ignores this, leaning close to press his muzzle to her cheek. His whiskers twitch, anticipating to touch her coat. His skin tingles where her warm skin should touch, eager to collide with something warm and familiar to him. "I see you've grown... so have I." He whispers to her, taking a step back to look at her as a whole once more. He does a perimeter sweep, checking her curvature once again, outlining her feminine bodice. She had gained muscle, meaning she was likely going to be stronger than before. This is good. He comments, eyes hungrily devouring her precious figurine before drawing to her face, her soft features and innocent eyes.
"Talk talk talk"
Tingal

image credits
table by whit

i am a king

Slowly the figure moves closer, and like a scared rabbit she is frozen, staring up at the features that are slowly being revealed the closer he comes. It takes only a few seconds before she realizes just who it is. Her suspicions upon seeing his eyes had been correct. Tingal? She can't help but stare up at the taller equine, eyes wide and startled at seeing him for the first time in seasons. He has not even spoken, and the change in him is so drastic that she doesn't know how to act towards him. His maw opens, and she feels like a mouse beneath the cat's paw as his eyes pin her in place. Instead of pausing, as he might have before he disappeared, he presses closer and closer until she is lifting her head up and back, not trusting herself to move. The predatory look in his eyes is foreign, and she's confused on what to do. Deciding to wait for him to make the decisions, she remains still, shuddering all throughout her body when he moved to murmur her name into her ear. The metal chains around his neck clink eerily in the cave, and she feels weak and small beneath his gaze. What had happened to her Tingal?

"I...of course I did." It's a lame answer, far too squeaky in her opinion. But how is she supposed to react? This isn't the Tingal she knows, or at least the one she thought she knew. She is even more conflicted on what to do when he moves, circling her like a hawk. He is close enough to touch, in fact if she even so much as twitched she would likely end up brushing against him somehow. She is barely able to breathe, not sure if she should even attempt it. Unwillingly she flinches away from his touch when he moves to brush against her cheek. She feels a little ashamed, but she's been starved of touch for seasons now, and she is no longer used to it. There's no use in murmuring an apology, she doesn't even know how this new version of Tingal will take it.

At last he takes a step back, commenting on their simultaneous growth. She shifts to face him better, feeling a bit steadier now that she isn't feeling so cornered. "Of course I grew, you disappeared for seasons on end!" It is a sibilant hiss of anger, bubbling up beneath the shock and surprise. He could not intimidate her with his changes forever, at least. "You can't just appear out of nowhere and expect me to welcome you back as if I forgot about that!" Her ears turn back towards her cranium, teeth bared in anger as her plum whips against her hocks. How dare he?! Coming back out of nowhere and pretending like nothing happened!

Image Credits

Plot with me here!

dark
She's trapped in his sight, frozen beneath his icy gaze. Silence has befallen them, rounded lobes flickering upon his crown. He can sense the tenseness emitting from her tri-colored frame, see the way her muscles twitch in a familiar manner. As he closes the gap between them, she tosses her head up, pressing her crown back. "Do you not like my company anymore?" He sticks his lower lip out slightly, brows curving to add to his pout. He understands that it must be strange for her to see him after all these seasons, but as he dances around her, he finds this problem fading from his mind.

She responds to him, words small, delicate. She is a mouse, and he is the cat that stalks her. He's prepared to pounce, powerful muscles tensed as he gazes at the little mouse. She admits that she has missed him, and a devious smile crawls across his kissers. It was pleasing to know that she missed him, seeing as it was only fair to him. He had missed her, he had dreamed of returning to her every night he was gone. He wanted to tell her this, to show her he cared for her, and he would do anything he could to keep her safe. They're so close, their heat colliding in the thin gap between them. He notices she's holding her breath, sides still as he reaches towards her cheek. Ears lay flat when his lamb avoids his touch, a surge of frustration entering his brutish structure.

Rage.

Anger bubbles and brews in her words as she spits at him, ears laying flat upon her skull. Something within him withers, his pride, his crown beginning to slide from its place at her words. Her tail lashes against her thigh as she finishes her words, pale auds left to lay along her neck. A dim glimmer of his old self flickers through his eyes, his shoulders dropping as he looks at her. "Ru..." he murmurs, swallowing the guilt that dares to enter the world. "I-I never meant to hurt you. I'm so sorry I left you for so long." Words are soft, foreign on his tongue. He presses onward, lips trembling gently as he talks. "I didn't mean to leave for so long. I-I just wanted to visit my old home.." A long pause, a deep inhale. "Every night.. every moment I was away I thought about returning to you." The brute advances forward, offering his warm touch, his reassurance. "I'm here for you now, and this time I won't leave." Inside he forces himself to stay true to his word, this time he would not break his promise.
"Talk talk talk"
Tingal

image credits
table by whit

i am a king

Even surprising rain cannot keep a fire smoldering for long, and as Tingal let his lips form an exaggerated pout, Hotaru felt the disbelief well inside like a tidal wave. How dare he?! The flames inside her burst forth in a display of anger well-hidden in both her dam and sire, passed on to her to boil inside like a reminder that she is still imperfect and always will be. "Considering I have been without it for seasons, I doubt you can possibly dare to speak to me in such a way!" Fierceness snaps in her heterochromatic gaze, ears falling to halfmast, regally lifting her head from the shocked and submissive position it had been in. She will not be talked down to, or intimidated, merely because Tingal had gone off on some crackpot spiritual journey and had returned with some actual balls. His frown is nothing to her as she jerks away, but the snapping of her lyrics seem to crumble whatever false bravado he held. It only angers her more, that he would fake and act his way through their reunion. Had it all been a lie?

Instead of redeeming himself he stutters and fumbles over his words and her ears fall fully, the pale cloud of her mane concealing the pink aurals easily. She hisses, wounded that he dare call her by such comfortable terms. "Don't call me that! You abandoned me! Sorry changes nothing. I watched people get eaten, I watched them wither away and turn into awful mutilated creatures! I watched their faces melt, and their organs show, and heard words they would never have spoken come from their tongues!" It is a sibilant hiss, a viper ready to strike, daring him to make one wrong move. Anger is better, easier to manage, than distress. So she falls to it automatically. It is her shield, one Tingal has never managed to bypass before.

Snorting, she hides the hurt in her eyes with a narrowed gaze. "And how do I know you won't lie again? I was fine on my own while you were gone, I learned to live and care for myself. Because of you being gone. Well, now I don't need anyone." She whirls around, a soft click of pale hooves on stone, and stalks away. It's likely he'll follow her, tail whipping against her hocks in a fury as she tries to escape him. Let him follow. She has nothing more to say to him. Hotaru had lost all trust in those around her, and the one she'd placed the most in had abandoned her, and broken the rest of the innocence nested in her heart.

Image Credits

Plot with me here!