the Rift

Food for the wolves [Open]

Otz Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

And all I ever wanted...

He made it, steam rolled from his nostrils in smokey puffs against the morning sunlight with each exhausted breath. The sun melted around his form contrasting him as a dark silhouette against the yellows and greens in the blaring light. A deceptively bright and beautiful day yet cold enough to see your breath.

Otz took a pause for a moment in his tracks to lift his head and warily look about his surroundings. To where exactly did he find himself? The trees were still, it's too early in the morning yet for the wind to blow. His ears perked standing atop his skull like sentinels on alert, but the forest was deafeningly quiet. With a calm sigh Otz moves on, carving a path through the trees. He wanted to keep moving and make his stops brief, he didn't know if he was still being followed or not. Though he did doubt Kaldora would send soldiers after him this far from home.
Brushing too close to a tree Otz grunts in pain as the deep lacerate across his chest is re-opened and drops of blood sprinkle to the ground. Otz snorted in agitation, he's left several trails of blood behind him and he'll be forced to eat something sugary if he doesn't stop bleeding all over the damn forest. Cuts and lacerates marked all over his body, he was in good health but he'd clearly been in a fight with something before entering Helovia. Still his footsteps remained strong, though some of them he had to force. Climbing down a small slope took little effort though, his cloven hooves cut into the soil like toes and his feet almost seemed to cling to the unsteady ground.

A gap in the trees caught his eye and pasted a smile on his face in pleasure of his luck. Like one of those convenient miracles the trees opened up to a small clearing with an apple tree on the edge. Otz couldn't help but chuckle, I mean honestly how often does this happen? Only in fantasy lands I'm sure.
Never the less Otz cautiously approached the tree, though his posture was beyond strange. His head low, he picked up his feet almost hunching his shoulders slightly as he entered the clearing. He almost looked like a deer ready to spring into flight at any sign of trouble. Stopping at the base of the tree he looked up into the dying branches, most of the apples had been eaten off by other creatures or had fallen to the ground in a rotten sticky mess below him. Only a few apples that weren't eaten away by insects or time remain tantalizingly out of reach in the tops of the tree.
But a lower healthy looking apple caught Otz's eye, still with his short stature it was barely out of reach. Undejected Otz positioned himself directly under the apple, and using his tail for balance he rears up under the apple, his feet tip-toeing in a dance for steadiness. With a quick swing of his head his horn smacks the apple out of the tree and it falls to the ground and rolls to a stop. With a proud smile Otz reaches down to take the apple in his teeth, now... where to from here?

Was rest.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa was still on a battle-high from when she had sparred with Storm. She had to give credit, the girl knew how to leave a mark. She limped a little as she walked towards the threshold. The bruise on her left shoulder was visible on her pale skin, the blue-ish purple mark was not only there, but in spots along her back as well where Storm tried to kick her to pieces in the air. She rotated her wings a little, stretching out the stiff muscles.

She came across a couple droplets of blood on the ground, only noticeable because she had almost ingested the new crusty, rusty droplets. She followed them to a clearing... so cliche, and saw, not far off, a very cute looking unicorn. Well, not cute, but... different. She tilted her head, the long reams of white/blue hair falling across her shoulders in a billowy mess. He seemed to be trying for an apple.

She walked over, laughing ever so slightly. He was so short compared to her, it was actually quite adorable. She had even forgot all about the blood spots she had followed here. He was munching on an apple, and she decided she wanted some too. Being a little more endowed, she gently lifted off the ground with her big wings on the opposite side of the tree, reaching a very delicious ripe apple at the top, she brought it down. As she landed, she moved around the tree to be more revealed to the unicorn. She noticed a laceration across his chest, and she knew he needed to refreshing crispness of apples more than she did. She folded her wings tight against her and carefully placed the apple on the ground and rolled it gently over to him, before quickly lifting her head in case he was a hostile creature.

"Talking"

Elsa

Unregistered

And all I ever wanted...

As Otz gnawed into his rightly earned sugary treat with loud crunches filling the air, but his noisy munching was soon drowned out by a strange sound. A humming whoosh whoosh, a sound that Otz could only recognize as the fierce beating of giant wings. His eyes widened in alarm and he quickly took battle stance as his eyes searched the trees that sheltered whatever it was that was coming his direction. His body tense and his legs poised for action, ready to slice or stab at the unexpected with his horn. In his home land the sound of wing beats that loud could only mean the presence of a dragon, those are dangerous to tackle as an army, impossible to kill alone if they're big enough. The apple tree that loomed over him shook under the heavy gusts of wind that bared down on it, then just as he prepared to strike the foe came into view.
Not a dragon! No, not a dragon at all. Instead a fine white creature in front of him holding a deep red apple in her teeth. Otz gave a look of awe and confusion. I mean first off, she's huge, she towered over him like a mother over her foal. But second, she's winged! Now size is one thing, but Otz has never encountered a winged unicorn before. Wait, no she's not even a unicorn; this girl has no horn.
The tip of his thick tail twitched in a sort of cat-like fashion, the long hairs jingling with the subtle movement. At first he wondered what this little filly wanted, she only stood there staring back at him with an apple in her mouth. Did he eat from her tree perhaps? He could only guess. As the silence between them continued to build Otz finally broke the barrier with parted lips. "Hail, my lady?" He watched her with anticipation, she continued to say nothing to him, but instead dropped the apple she had picked at his feet then looked up at him in silence.
"Oh my" Otz thought to himself, "She is feeding me." His ears rotated to face his rear and he arched his brows with mixture of embarrassment and curiosity. "Oh, well, thank you miss. You didn't have to." Otz said politely like the gentleman he is. Though he didn't take the apple immediately, holding true to his manners. "Is this your tree? I am sorry for encroaching on your territory, I won't stay for long." He paused in his talking allowing the lady a chance to reply. Goodness he hopes she isn't hostile, he'd rather not have to deal with fighting a horse that flies right now, especially one of her size.

Was rest.

He was polite. Almost too polite. As he finished, Elsa laughed out loud. Her girlish chuckle going on for a little bit. Maybe a little to long to be polite, Elsa had issues with that since she had left. She never used to be this impolite. A frown crossed her face, but then she looked back to the stallion and offered a smile. "Oh no, you're fine. You're in the Threshold. A neutral land where most of the newcomers end up finding themselves. So, I guess I'm able to assume you're new here." She bowed a little in respect towards the horned stallion. "I'm Elsa, and eat up, I know how fatigued you can get from a battle." She said nodding to his chest before motioning to the large bruise on her shoulder. It wasn't nearly as large or as menacing as Otz's, but she was trying to relate, trying to understand. "So are you looking for anything in particular while you're in Helovia?" She asked, hoping he was. She wanted to recruit for the Asylum, although he seemed pretty normal, she was hoping they would allow more "normals" in too. He seemed like a warrior, someone the Asylum could use. If not, his unique coloring would sure catch a girls eye who would probably not hesitate to bring him to a more "established" herd land.

She took a moment to more... take in his figure. She couldn't stop from gawking. Colorings like this had never existed in her homeland, or from anyone she had met here in Helovia. Well, she had only met Oxy.. but still. They were so... primitive. It was kind of adorable. She was actually kind of jealous. Her eyes quickly jolted back to meet his, hopefully not substantially creeping him out.

[ooc;// sorry i'm replying so quickly. xD I just have nothing to do today.]

"Talking"

Elsa

Valhalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Fate happened to bring her back into the forest that she was recently lost in not too long ago. Looming trees surrounded her, increasing irritation, trapped within this darkness. Valhalia yearned the frigid embrace of the cold air, the vast plains where one could be spotted from miles away. On a leisure stroll, Valhalia sought escape from the stupid cave that sheltered them from beastly wraiths. Hatred ran deep in her veins for those stupid creatures, zombies that the mare yearned to crush with her hoof.

But throughout the course of her walk, smells wafted into her nose, and turning her petite bodice towards the scent, voices floated into pricked audits. Approaching silently, Valhalia was covered by the thick trunks of trees, observing quietly a scene between a unicorn stallion and a winged mare. Gritting teeth in even more anger, it pissed her off seeing filth speak to one of her own kind in such a disrespectful manner.

"Don't accept that rubbish from that pegasus", hissing voice, over loading with hostility, the tawny unicorn emerged from the trees hiding her from view. The winged mare sparked up a conversation, trying to recruit a supreme being such as him to the filth of whatever herd she resided from. Valhalia sought to recruit the man to the safety of the Basin, where only unicorns resided. Strong and wounded, the looming stallion would make formidable warrior. "You Sir, must be an honorable warrior, and must be exhausted", dipping her crowned cranium in respect, the stunning mare gazed only at him with silver orbs.

"During the dark times of Helovia, I offer you a home with our kind, unicorns. We would value you, that is if our respectable leaders, Deimos and Illynx accept you...which I'm sure they will", a flirtatious laugh erupted from her petite figure as she completely ignored the ivory woman. She pissed her off. Deimos was one of the Basin leaders, yet ironically she had not met him yet. But that day would come soon. For now, she had to earn the respect of the herd by first trying to increase their numbers, and saving them from hornless filth such as this mare before her.

Unregistered

And all I ever wanted...

Otz smiled as he finally got breath from the fair lady, no wait she isn't fair, she is about as cut up as he is. In fact now that Otz has adjusted his eyes to seeing a winged horse upon further inspection he noticed her own set of bleeding gashes and swollen patches of missing fur. Judging from the type of injuries she had he could guess that she'd gotten into a fight with another horse. Wolves would leave bite marks and unicorns would leave lacerations, cuts, and stab holes such as what covered Otz himself. This made him wonder what kind of land he'd crossed into, though this girl seemed friendly enough, he still had reason for concern.
"A neutral territory, eh?" He breathed easier knowing he hadn't trespassed on claimed or contested territory, if anything this might even be the perfect place to rest. The trees would provide excellent cover should his pursuers come looking for him.
Otz smiled as the white creature bowed before him, this, at least he was familiar with. Following her example Otz knelt down on one knee, allowing his muzzle and mane dip to the ground to bare his forehead and horn to the lady. "Otz, son of Mordoro." He relied, though now he was unsure if it was proper to use that title after his betrayal. He wasn't sure if his father would be proud or disown him as a son.
"Thank-" His words were interrupted suddenly by the screaming of yet another mare who had burst from the trees as if she were trying to stop a wedding in the climax. Otz recoiled more in startled shock than anything, though she was horned and short her high energy level paired with her open personality and aggressive nature brought Otz no comfort. Startled as the new mare had made her he recollected himself and kept his calm, assertive composure. Keeping his chin up so not to appear as intimidated. Truthfully though both mares now intimidated him, how does a man resolve this? He has two girls eying him... though he had to admit to himself he feared the white winged lady a lot less. "Please, let's not behave like wolves." Otz tried to cool the tension between the girls. Clearly there is more to this land than he'd first let on, he hadn't planned on getting mixed into more conflicts, but never the less, here he is.
"I am looking for work, if there is any around." He answered both the girls.

[[EDIT: Edit complete, post now includes Valhalia]]

Was rest.

She smiled knowing that he seemed to cool down a bit knowing he had not broke the rules. That was relieving. The last thing she wanted to do was scare the heebie-jeebies out of him. As he gave his name she couldn't help but smile a little wider. Otz. It was the most awesome name she had ever heard. Honestly, it was so unique and creative. Much better than Elsa or Ana. It described him so well, unique and short and not in a bad way. He was just about to speak again when a mare arrive from behind, she too was a unicorn, but short and nasty. Like a vicious dwarf. She called her speaking rubbish, well she hadn't offered anything really, besides an apple, which obviously was not poisoned or rotten, because she had picked it and was planning on almost eating it herself. Her ears were against her skull, and her wings fluttered nervously. Never had she been met with such hostility, even as a princess, and as a princess, people were vying to kill you. Otz was the first to speak as the flamboyant mare finished, trying to calm them. Elsa honestly hoped it work, because she didn't want to be drug into an actual fight. She loved sparring, but full blown fights always resulted in worse consequences.

Ignoring the other unicorn mare, she respectfully turned her attention back to Otz. "Well, Otz, I can probably help you." She said with a smile, and knowing the next few lines would probably only exhibit laughs from the pegasus mare. "I do not reside within a herd-land, but with an outcast group called the Asylum." She paused a moment, almost expecting on of them to laugh, but mostly the unicorn mare. "We are a group that gives those who may not otherwise be accepted a home. We usually live in a borderland called the Deep Forest, but mysterious things are going on within Helovia right now, but i'm not quite sure..." She trailed off, looking around as if an answer would pop out. "Anyways Otz, I've talked to only one member thus far before spars took most of my time. I met a stallion named Oxy, who knows a lot about what goes on within the Asylum. I could take you to him and I am sure we could find you work. I, am aiming to become a diplomat. I know we have warrior jobs and sneak jobs along with diplomat, so i'm sure you would be free to choose based on your skill set." She smiled and added- "Which seems to be a warrior, but you never know. Fate changes quickly. I don't know much about the Basin other than they only accept unicorns, but if only being with unicorns is your thing, you should go with them. Asylum has equines, pegs and unicorns as far as I know." She said with a sheepish smile, allowing the unicorn mare to finish whatever she was doing, and hopefully not getting killed in the process.

"Talking"

Elsa

Valhalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
A smug smile playfully formed upon her maw. This honorable unicorn, the stallion deserved much better than a small band of crazy horses, so the rumors have told her. A horrible way to enter a conversation, Valhalia reverted back to normal, controlling the dull anger coursing within her veins. Diplomatically speaking, she still ignored that! That chicken feather coward! "Ah sir, please excuse my entrance", standing straight with confidence, her petite bodice did not subside an extroverted personality--wasn't it that the smaller ones are usually the ones striving for power? Bowing a crowned cranium once more in her form of a warrior gesture: one of respect in honor, she straightened up once more.

Keeping quiet as ivory chicken continued speaking, the rigid warrior kept still, eyeing her with what seemed like hatred. Those hornless bastards had ruined her home. Destroyed her life, converting her into a machine, her only purpose to fight and lead her herd to war. If it weren't for them...she would probably be a loving mare, spreading the kindred joy of the world to others. But here she was, gritting her teeth at a stranger that she didn't even know. Snorting with defiance, Elsa proved her point of them not having an established herd land. But in the end during these times of darkness who did? In the end of it all, if Otz chose to come along with her, they would have a home to return to.

"If you're looking for work, the Aurora Basin offers it for we are in need of honorable, able bodied unicorns. We are a family that strictly protects each other no matter what", smirking at this ivory woman, her rage calmed somewhat. She was nothing more than a lowly pegasus, "The herd is strictly unicorns, located in Northern lands. We accept unicorns that both like and dislike equine and Pegasi", forcing herself to say this, she remembered the Basin was open to those who had their own personal beliefs...but those who were crowned. "We also have a variety of ranks, such as diplomats, warriors, weavers and our force of intelligence. There are even more that I shouldn't even bother going through right now..to absolutely bore you", chuckling with a pleasant laugh, silver orbs were only for the stallion and his thoughts/decisions.

Unregistered

And all I ever wanted...

The words of the mares bore down on Otz's shoulders like a ball of gravity. Truthfully he wished to appease both of the girls, but unfortunately he cannot be in two places at once. Otz figured accepting the invitation of one would create and enemy from the other. It was only logical after all.
But who to side with...

The sweet alluring white flower who had offered Otz the fresh fruit, or the sassy seductive mistress in the form of a glossy black snake coiled up in a rose bush.
Here's the kicker. Which if the two needed Otz the most? They both offered him a chance at soldier work, something he was use to. But Otz had only just left behind a home founded on unicorns that looked much like himself, a home where his defiance marked him a traitor and forced him into exile. Who's to say this won't happen again? The Basin sounded a lot like his old home, but then again the idea that the unicorns there up-held the same code of honor appealed to Otz. Like choosing between a castle and a village, who's to say this smaller herd isn't filled with nut jobs? Or they could also be one of those close-nit families.

Otz pondered his thoughts, weighing his options. He could also very easily simply reject both offers and carry on his marry way. But nah. He decided on this:

"You ladies have told me everything about your land and what your harem is about. Let me tell you about me..." Otz spoke, he didn't want to drag the girls on in this tense confrontation, but he also didn't plan on changing his beliefs in favor of a higher-up. "I am Otz, a warrior of Kaldora. I live to up hold my honor." He briefly looked to the dappled mare, "I am not racist." Then looked to the white mare, "I am not a butcher. I do not kill with injustice. I fight for what is right." He looked to the unicorn girl again, perhaps the familiarity or being around his own kind had a grip on him. Or maybe it was her more assertive attitude. "Your offer beckons me, soldier. But if I do go with you, you must do this for me." Otz looked into the eyes of the black mare, and a sheepish smirk tugged at the corners of his lips as the thoughts of what he was preparing to ask her echoed in his mind. And he asked her in a smooth, deep tone, "If I go with you, you are to bow to this young lady," He gestured to the white mare, "with respect and honor. This is the only task I ask of you. If you cannot do it, fear not. You may look the other way, and I shall do the same."

Otz hadn't planned to make a pest of himself or make a game out of this encounter, really he hadn't. But to him, you can be violent and still have respect, he wanted to see how much truth he could pull from the black uni. He felt asking her to do this simple gesture commanded a lot from the haughty mare.

Was rest.

Unregistered

And all I ever wanted...

OOC: Sorry Valhalia, but Elsa and I have been waiting for a while, we're going to move on]]

The gentleman watched and waited for the black viper to give her answer, but his words seemed to fall on deaf ears. Otz inhaled calmly and exhaled into one large sigh. It seemed either she was not as honorable as she claimed to be or perhaps she'd lost interest. "Very well, my lady." Otz dipped his head to the black uni and with a hint of disappointment he bid her farewell. Turning on a dime he looked to the white maiden who had been so patient the whole conversation. "Well, miss, it seems we're unwelcome here. Shall we move on to your harem?" He asked her in the same smooth, cool tone. Stepping to her side he looked into her eyes, queuing her that he was ready to leave these trees behind.

[[OOC: My response is a bit short since it's basically an extension of my last post]]

Was rest.

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Sorry, I have gone through a move and I've had no internet for a while. >.< Did Otz go along with Elsa? Sorry I'm pretty hasty right now. ^^"

Unregistered
Ya, he went ahead and joined as an outcast. It's np, we just wanted to get the story moving