the Rift

[OPEN] Let's Not Be Sultry

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
my stories are very somber..

A crisp ringing echoes off the glowing cave walls as she walks in, a blissful transition from stone to soft mossy grasses. She lets a small nicker of delight roll off her tongue as she enters the cavern, a place she now calls home. The girl has been lonely lately, her ghostly friends that usually flank her are beginning to fade away into nothing. The only one that remains is Antheia, but she keeps her trap shut, and just looks on. For all of Helovia, these are dark times. The girl has found it extremely hard to keep her spirits in tact, and to remain her boisterous, happy, and loud self. She feels that she might just be fading away with the figures... Tonka, now Harmony... Was there pieces of her flying off with them into sweet nothing? Just a tree swaying in the wind, or maybe the gathering mists at dawn? The filly seemed to be not even half of what she used to be... Her mind was slowly being ate away by the sadness, her fit body was becoming malnourished, fur falling from her, exposing a large scar at her wither, and burn marks along one side. She was almost a different horse, but she still managed to be swift and graceful, and yet she was still a perfect image of true beauty.... Just not as beautiful as she was before you could say...

The patchwork girl with white straps on her shoulders walks across the room, and reaches the beautiful, indigo waters. As she always does, she extends her maw so her lips can collide with the cool liquid, and she can gulp. She gulps loudly for a few moments, letting the precious treasure slip down her throat, and the fresh taste linger on her tongue. When she raises her head, water drops off her pale kissers and falls back into the shallow pool, causing a plopping sound to echo around her. Pleased, she turns slowly and walks to the far right of the room, where she finds her favorite glowing tree. This special tree is the thickest of them all, and is decorated with even more of those odd glowing-mushroom-things. Abishia admires the tree, and it's eerie beauty. The fae loves how it glows in the darkness, lit by a light that is unknown. The wonder of the light grabs her and pulls her in every time she visits this fluorescent tree. Tilting her head up, she lets her long wavy forelock fall behind her harks so she can look around freely without the annoying hair encroaching on her view. She leas against the moss laden trunk, and looks around with a smug smile, impressed with the place that she now calls home.

{ A thread for @[Africa] and Abishia to meet. All other's are welcome <3 }

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Slaiter Posts: 30
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 13
Shoikan

Dark twisted fantasy turned to reality

There is a sort of peace here for the ghoul, a quietness that mimics his old home in the swamp. True, this place is not filled with stagnant water and old corpses, does not reek of decay, is not illuminated only by the pale, inconsistent light of foxfire, but it is alien in its own way. The oddly glowing plants seem to unnerve others, keep them away from his little corner of the cavern, and so he stays, tucked away and forgotten.

He prefers it this way.

However, there are a few horses who venture into his temporary home, and one comes today, stepping past his hiding spot and continuing to the water. She drinks for a moment, then turns. He hopes she will leave, but she does not, instead stopping beneath the largest, brightest tree to rest. He dithers for a moment, as he normally does, before cautiously stepping forward. The girl seems familiar somehow, though he cannot quite place her, and curiosity has always been his weakness.

Still, he is ever wary, and does not come fully into the glow, hesitating just outside the gleaming canopy of branches and vines. This way, if necessary, he can still flee into the dimmer places, remain unknown. He has been hurt by far too many would-be monster hunters to reveal his darkened eyes and rot colored pelt to strangers.

"Hello," he offers finally, hoping his oddly deep voice will not give away his corpse-son nature. "I think we've met?" Maybe she will know why he faintly recognizes her, will explain who and what she is so that he can stop guessing and doubting.

Kissing death and losing my breath

Slaiter

Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic and/or physical violence on Slaiter, as long as he is not killed.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
For a week or more, the dappled figure of the Oracle had lingered in the depths of subterranean shadows, unwilling to delve into the social responsibilities which snapped so insatiably at her heals. It seemed that the darkness had not only the ability to spread physical sickness throughout the mortal beings of this realm; the wraiths hunting incessantly across the crust above, pulled from life by the noxious cloud. Minds were souring beneath it, untouched apparently to the naked eye; but tension and discontent among the cave-dwelling population was ripe and insatiable. Africa had not been spared the wrath; claustrophobia had never been a prevalent feature in her character, but here where dark stone corridors wound only deeper into the pits of despair, she was crumbling beneath the weight of introspection.

She had abandoned the mysticism of the wall above; the wonderful depictions of this world’s creation, and the closeness she felt to her Lord there, for seclusion and solitude. Windwalker had tarnished the respite they offered. She had left for the stark quiet that seemed always suspended through the vast underground jungle’s eerie midst, and the heavy shadows cast there where the delicate mushroom-lamps and shimmery canopy could not always light. No other place in the cave network could offer her the same opportunity to hide from society- and there she had lingered alone, for a long time, in sullen silence.

Other’s came by frequently- The Glowing Room harboured their only food source, but Africa shied from the prospect of company; friendly smiles, whenever sharp eyes cornered her, were met with retreat as she turned and withdrew still further from their reach. Likewise, a mare she had met only once neared the waterfall, uncomfortably close to the smooth moist wall which usually sheltered her. Long lean ears responded immediately, burying backwards beneath the quite unkempt shreds of her dull, oily mane; the crimson square feather tethered tightly behind the left, and its black star-spangled neighbour, quivered beneath the pressure of her unhappiness. Though the strange mare (Africa could not remember her name, if it had been shared at all previously) held probably the purest of intentions, the one-winged creature favoured not the thought of her intrusion and slid her wingless side along the cold surface of rock, out of proximity.

A stallion that she had seen often moved forward as she slipped away, and Africa paused, one ear swivelling with sudden intrigue.

She knew not that their paths had crossed already; amnesia had nulled that terror from her memory. He was quiet (menacing), she had determined over the course of whatever time had been spent in the same room; preferring the company of himself, like her, and never had they sought to cross the invisible boundaries securing each other’s privacy. Africa was curious now only because he had chosen to approach the two-toned mare- one visitor, among many who had come to sip from the waterfall before her. She watched with narrow eyes as the Unicorn hesitated; continued, and the sound of his guttural voice expelled the reason.

Africa

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

I think it's nice not to think. I mean, I do think, but not as much as I used to and not in the same way. I don't use enormous amounts of energy to figure out what I would do in a situation that will never happen. Instead, I have found a new hobby; to be the biggest pain in the ass to everyone I see. This is quite fun, once you get the hang of it, so I frequently stop by the Glowing Room to see if I can spot new targets.

And today was my lucky day. Not only were the mare from the ocean there, but a stallion too. A smell lingered in the moist air, a smell I had dreamed about too often. Africa. So, she finally decided to join the living and be of use. Good for her.

I put on a smile as I entered the dim light and my feet almost danced across the moss as I went towards the little group. The light betrayed me quickly, but to be honest, it did wonders when it showed off my newly gained muscles. Yes, I've been training. Now focuse. "So, we meet again!" The words carried laughter as they left my throat, for I was in a good mood. Finally something happened!

When I came to the young mare, I did not stop my dancing, but took a round to see how she had progressed (and to keep the other stallion at bay)."Wow, you have grown! Let me look at you, girl." I smiled while knowing that Africa could hear every word. I wanted her to see how much I have changed, so that she can be even more sorry for lying to me. And flirting with another mare is the best way to do it.

My round was finished and that's when I offered the stallion a look. "Who are you? I've never seen you before." It may come off as a little bit harsh, but what the hell. From the way the stood, it looked like he did not have balls anyway. "Are you stalking this poor, innocent mare? Huh? Are you hiding, so when I leave, you can have your way with her?"

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Hidden Account
Wild.

She wasn't alone for long, for soon the feeling that someone was lurking made her delicate lobes twitch. Almost everyone can feel when they are being watched. Abishia flexed her lean shoulder muscles, they didn't amount to much, but she knew she was strong. Her lean bodice was one of utter beauty, not strength, but there still was a little muscle weaved into the beauty. In the glow, her chestnut coat shone pleasantly, and her green-rimmed orbs sparkled, the light reflecting in them. She turned, and soon a Stallion made his way into the glow produced by the odd vegetation. She offered him a glamorous smile, harks erect and ready to absorb his words. When he spoke, she knew that she recognized the deep tone, but had not remembered where. She let her orbs bore deep into him before speaking. Blinking slowly, she coked her head to the right a bit. "Greetings sir," She dipped her dome to her knees, then returned it to it's usual position, she played another one of her sow-stopping smiles on her velvets as she continued. A sudden remembrance told her where she had met him before. The threshold..." Why, it's such a pleasure to see you again. It's been long since our visit in the Threshold. You went with my dear friend, Tangere, correct? With the basin now?" She giggled brightly, her voluminous forelock bouncing around a bit, multi colored locks being thrown in all directions. She extended her neck upward a bit, flicking her maw towards the mists just around her. A creepy feeling had set on her, like once again someone was watching. Turning her head, she stared into the thinning mist, wondering what was stirring about, when she was interrupted.

As she turned, a handsome ebony stallion appeared before her. She remembered him well, but now he was heavily muscled and carried himself in a confident way. He strode before her, and she couldn't help but be attracted to him and his fine physique. Flashing him a beautiful smile, and suppressing a small, admirable giggle. "Wow, you have grown! Let me look at you, girl." Flattered, she flicked her maw to him, and smiled even wider. The boy was quite handsome, and complementing her? She was very surprised by the way he seemed to round her up and pull her in. His aura was poisonous, and ready to leak into Abishia. " Such a pleasure to see you again, Windwalker." She laughed a bit, her soft voice ringing through the air. She stepped back so the attractive boy in black could see her better. She reached her maw out daringly to touch his.

She couldn't help but laugh a little when his tone turned harsh and her turned to the other Stallion, and approached him with many questions. He had finished prancing around her, and was now locked in with the lion-tailed brute. Abishia stepped forward and caressed her maw along his spine; daring again, but frankly, she didn't give a shit. She hadn't even bother to notice the other Stallion's horn. Now at Windwalker's side, she muttered quietly to him. "I have met him before in the Threshold. " She then let her orbs dance over the other boy's figure, and she wasn't impressed, much more interested in the midnight brute beside her. She then spoke up, her words directed toward the Stallion with the lion tail. "I never caught your name..."

{ Hehe flirty Abi :D This is ganna be a fun mixture! @[Windwalker], @[Africa], @[Slaiter] }

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Shoikan

The painted girl smiles briefly, then stares, and Slaiter once again remembers harsh words, merciless attacks. They had all stared too, shocked by his appearance or behavior. He almost flees, hooves moving nervously beneath him, ready to race away into the dim jungle of vines and trees. He is taller, with longer legs and a frame better suited for speed. He could outrun her, disappear from view and stay that way until she gives up the hunt. It would be easy, he thinks, so very easy. His curiosity is not deep enough to risk harm and hatred.

She speaks then, the sound startling him as it breaks the uncomfortable silence that had stretched between them. He flinches away instinctively, body reacting before the words sink in, carrying him several steps away. But his mind processes what has been said, and black eyes watch as her head dips down, perhaps in some sort of submissive gesture. She called me 'sir', his thoughts whisper in childish delight, and slowly he stills his restless feet. No one has called him sir before, and surely this means she doesn't want to harm him? Another smile and continued speech settle him further, prompting him to simply listen as she reminds him of their previous meeting. The Threshold, and he remembers now, she had come through the storm and spoken to the rain-born fae he had chosen to follow home. Somehow, they must have separated on their way to the caves, depriving him of the chance to know her.

"Yes," he simply states, answering her questions without knowing why they were asked. If she remembers enough of the encounter to speak them, why seek answers she already knows? Is this one of those odd social things mother had always tried to teach him of? Mentally he shrugs, disregarding such things. She is entitled to phrase her words however she pleases, after all. If she wishes to issue queries, who is he to judge?

Suddenly there is another, a large black creature who barges into the conversation as if such actions are the most natural thing in the world. Their is mirth in his voice, at least, even if his mere presence and attitude unnerve the monster-son. Resisting the urge to slink away, Slaiter simply steps back further, tail beginning to twitch in agitation. One small, semi-familiar mare is something he can handle, but this bold, muscled beast is another thing entirely. Meekly, the unicorn watches as the newcomer strides to Abishia like he owns her, circling possessively, predatory, around her form. She seems comfortable with the attention, he notices, greeting him fondly, even reaching out to touch the stranger. Does this mean that the other stallion is also a non-threat?

Perhaps not. After his inspection of the girl, he immediately rounds on the ghoul. tones cold, words accusing. Black-rimmed ears flatten at the sudden turn of events. He had done nothing wrong, simply spoken to the paint. It was the stranger, this Windwalker, who had decided to start trouble, chosen to turn a peaceful encounter hostile. What did he even mean by 'having his way with her'? Completely ignorant of such matters, Slaiter can only assume that the wingless pegasus has taken him for a monster who wishes to eat the mare. Confused, annoyed, and somewhat unnerved by the directness of the other stallion, Slaiter can only shake his head in a vehement denial of the claims. Again, he skitters away, retreating further in case the black male lashes out.

Slaiter

Image Credit

(OOC: Riven, I promise I'm not ignoring you! I just wasn't quite sure where Africa was and figured Slaiter would be too distracted with Abishia and Windwalker to notice her unless she walks up to the group or speaks.)
Permission granted to use magic and/or physical violence on Slaiter, as long as he is not killed.

Deceased
The mare, obnoxiously pleasant and unsettlingly forward, seemed to throw the stallion of centre almost as instantly as Africa- or that was how it seemed from her viewpoint. Coal-tinged ears swivelled like searching satellites through the dull shroud of night, and cautiously they soaked up the voices; his deep, grating and guarded; hers airy as though born upon the fluttery brilliance of a butterfly’s powdered wings. Their coats glimmered in the cool blue half-light, shades of brown, grey and black all glossed with the weakest cerulean sheen.

Then... something entirely unexpected happened while she stood motionlessly out of their range. Windwalker fell upon their meeting like a vulture to a corpse.

He had changed. A new lustre glossed his sleek black coat and the wretchedness in his carriage had been swapped for marvellous athleticism; slim, raven skull flounced with defiant arrogance atop the peak of his thickened neck and the mane flanking it, flapped wildly to the rhythm of his new bouncing gait. How long had she really been cowering in the bleak shadow of pity? The glare cast by her pale, yellowy eyes was sullen; filled with twisted regret and simmering resentment towards he who had corralled her, manipulated her so crudely, and then stepped from the weight of that into what appeared to be carefree composure. She had not been able to shed the grief from her stricken soul so easily. She wore heavily still the festering graze of his anger, and watched as he flaunted like a needy whore before the strangers, with expanding frustration; dejection.

Africa had lost all interest- for the second time in her relatively short existence. Even while darkness pulled away her family, destroyed lives and ruined hope, the young creature found only enough energy to wallow in her own despair. She held not enough confidence to waltz from her cover; nor did she have the will compelling her to confront him. Really, she wished right then that Silas had never been sent to find him during those final moments in the desert; that he had gone home with that other mare by the old fallen log in the Threshold; that he had never found reason to chide her, torment her or bring her so heavily upon her knees.

Love... She scoffed in silence, cursing the word which had been so damaged.

Africa

[Note: no hassle ;) She's kind of just observing.]

Hidden Account
Nanna

Pleasure? You have no idea what I am capable of, little butterfly.

I let Abishia bask in my words, as she did not hide how much they affected her. Good. I could play this game too. She laughed, went back and even tried to touch me with her maw. Sadly, I knew how this was going to play out, so I did not meet her.

Instead, I lost all interest in her and moved my focus on the stallion. I got no answer from him as he fell back into the darkness. Well, that was easier than I thought. I had actually thought he would challenge me, but well, maybe another time.

The smell of Africa caught my attention again and I threw a glance in her direction. I could not see her well, but I knew she was there, listening, watching. I kept my eyes on her, as I spoke straight from the liver. "Why do you reek of despair, Africa? Have Silas left you because you lie more than you speak the truth or have he finally realized there is a better life out there, away from you?" I grinned now, and I did nothing to hide it. If you play with the fire you get burned. That's how it is.

I knew how my words would hurt her, but I could not care less. With my grin still painted on, I turned my head towards Abishia. "And then there is you, love. You know how to have fun, don't you?" A chuckle built up in my throat and hit bounced off the cave walls as I streched my head to bite her lip. Not hard, but only to tease. Now, all I had to figure out, was if she would continue to play this little game or be appalled by the way I treated Africa. And honestly, I did not care.

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker

OOC: I feel like I should apologize for the huge ass he has become. So yeah, sorry XD
@[Abishia] @[Slaiter] @[Africa]

Hidden Account
Wild.
The stallion she had met before kept quiet; quietly, she hoped she hadn't done something to turn him away, or make it displeasing to speak... Well, Wind had gone after him quite feircly, and was quite demanding. Abishia muffled a small sigh, turning her dome so she could give her misty surrounds a quick overlook. Then, when Wind walked away from her, the ebony brute refrained from her touch. She winced, a bit hurt by his actions, and regreting how she had been so quick to make some contact with him. But she kept her feelings quiet, and watched as he confronted someone... Someone by the name of Africa. The child looked deep into the mists, and thought she caught movement just to the right of her, by the stone wall. Her orbs widened at her words, and immediately she scoffed. "Why do you reek of despair, Africa? Have Silas left you because you lie more than you speak the truth or have he finally realized there is a better life out there, away from you?" The words where so harsh, and most likely not pleasing to hear if you where standing in the shadows hoping to not be noticed. Abishia had started to walk over to him, but now stopped in her tracks and stared in bewhilderment. For a moment, she closed her orbs and concentrated on her scenes, nares flaring and lobes erect, she detected the faint scent of a mare, and what seemed to be an odd tension provoked her pelt. The pathwork girl cleared her throat loudly when he tried to speak to her again. He looked at her with a wicked smile on his maw, and Abi intentionally turned her cheek, staring into the mists where she supposed this girl named Africa was.

" Excuse you, Windwalker. That's not a way to speak to anyone, let alone a mare." She hissed, her voice filled with disgust. Then, she took a few daring steps forward, her dome almost touching his. " You disgust me. " With that, she briskly walked around him and stood next to the boy with the tail of an exoctic being, and offered him a very kind smile. Then, she turned back to the mists where she hoped this Africa would be, and spoke softly. " Don't let this arrogant brute mock you. Come stand next to me. I am here, I will help you rid of this poor excuse for a Stallion. " She then turned to Wind, a bit of pain displaying in her orbs, noticing how he had so quickly played her. The poor girl only wanted someone to love, but that would never happen. She was too quick to trust, too quick to fall. " You've changed. "

{ sorry for the horrible post! I'm at school, and did this on my phone, so please excuse the typos!! @[Slaiter] }

lines

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Bemused, the ghoul watches the odd interactions between the stallion and mare, notes the way he moves away from her attempted touch. Does he not like to be touched? Slaiter can understand flinching, shying away from contact for fear of being harmed, but this girl seems friendly, the the black male simply disdainful, uninterested in such things, despite being the one to instigate them. Instead, the pegasus glances his way, only to once again lose all focus. It is almost like the unicorn is not there at all, not that he minds. The attention of the cruel one is something he is only to happy to avoid.

More words come from the beast, almost mocking in their tone, and instinctively the ghoul pins back his ears, even as he turns to see just who is the recipient of the sneers. He cannot see much in the misty dark, but that is something he is used to. Instead, he sniffs the air, swivels his ears, searching for any sign of another. And yes, now that he is looking for her he can smell the mare, can hear the quiet sounds of faint movement. There is someone there, and he recognizes her odor, has run across it often enough, thinks he has even seen her a few times. A gray pegasus, missing a wing, and reclusive, just as he is. What has drawn her to this meeting? Did she come because she knows the other stallion, or was she always there? With no way to know, he dismisses the questions for now, deciding that perhaps he should remain alert rather than forget himself in endless questions.

Windwalker is speaking again, addressing the paint again, but she turns away, apparently repulsed by his rude behavior. She confirms this with a stern rebuke, and comes to stand by him, offering a brief smile before calling to the lurking Africa, promising support and assistance. Slaiter bobs his head in agreement, though he doesn't know if he can been seen through the fog. Together, he thinks they could run off their ill-mannered companion.

Slaiter

Image Credit

Deceased
The avian who rested warily amidst the iridescent tree canopy’s cover croaked angrily as the swarthy stallion with the snow-white blemish, angled his thuggish glare towards his concealed beloved. Violet eyes widened as his lithe body began to tremble; adrenaline spewed through his veins like a stimulant drug fuelling the sudden surge of his usually checked temper. The flare of flimsy extravagant feathers lining his then arced crest waved through the air as he peered down towards Africa’s foe, and his wings parted in waiting, should the creature stumble beyond the realms of common sense and move closer.

The dappled mare shrank from Windwalker’s conceited tone; her nerves unravelled, rippling the matted sheet of bleakly-hued fur encompassing her, and she felt the cold hard resistance of the cave’s wall against the press of her wingless side. There was no stir of movement, she knew he had not left the small gathering- could see the dim outline of his midnight pelt against the soft illumination of the vegetation embracing them where they stood. The tender caress of her bonded’s mind subdued her desire to react; to slip from the grip of the stallion’s unpleasant eyes and away through the network of tunnels imprisoning her. Desperately Africa wanted to be rid of him, the attitude swelling his once docile, warm personality was overwhelming and frightening; and while frustration and resentment simmered in her mind, the meek creature could do naught but listen helplessly.

Certainly her confidence (that miniscule amount she tried so carefully to clothe herself in) had been eroded away. It seemed, despite her best efforts to avoid their notice, that she had become somewhat the centre of their universe- the startled expression of the Unicorn stallion too was turned her way.

Then, the bright voice of the mare pierced the tension which laced so heavily the air, and both Silas and Africa’s attention shifted suddenly towards her. Long lean ears switched instantly, the almost repulsive note of cheer had dissolved from her tone and in its place was something quite unexpectedly shocked and defiant. Even after the black stallion’s provocative flirting, the mare seemed turned off. All manner of what had been, simply vanished. She hurled towards Windwalker another reprimand and the dappled creature watched with baited breath as she thrust her stride forward, tauntingly lifting her nose towards his. The gesture was fleeting as the painted girl slipped around the wingless brute to stand closer to he who had been mostly silent the whole time.

Something alike to pity began to twist Africa’s stomach; despite the throb of his aversion towards her, it hurt to see him belittled, shunned. The quiver of her lips almost reached for him, the whiskers bristled anxiously upon the frown encompassing, but she recoiled still further from them all and snorted in quiet dismay.

The mare spoke again, this time angling her face- the soft brush of encouraging words, towards the dark veil of humidity by the wall and Africa fidgeted on the spot. "He was not always so wretched…" her frail voice revealed hesitantly, the pallid glow of her eyes wandering grimly to find where Windwalker remained. But it was soon apparent that this brute; the vindictive animal that stood between them was not the same character the other mare remembered either.

Despite the support of the strangers- Africa still was not certain who else exactly Windwalker was chastising; toying with for the sake of her own discomfort, the mare was reluctant to pull from the safety of her shadows and shook her strained face ruefully. Whether or not they caught the subtle flicker of light glancing through moving eyes, Africa offered nothing further. She wasn’t a bully, even pushed to the brink of despair by his hate and spite, she could not muster the energy or willpower to suffer him the hurt burning her heart.

Silas descended at that point, generous wingspan spread smoothly while no barrier obscured his path towards her withers, and there he perched protectively in the glistening gloss of his starlit plumage.

Africa

Hidden Account
Nanna

"Excuse you, Windwalker. That's not a way to speak to anyone, let alone a mare."

What was this? 'Let's all try to save poor little Windwalker'-intervention? It rumbled in my chest as that little fucker of a mare talked to me like that, and I had to use all of my willpower to keep myself from shreading her to pieces. And the she pushed her luck even further by walking up to me. I let her do it and showed no sign of the hatred that now boiled.

I almost believe she suffers from schizophrenia, for just a moment ago she flirted and now, I apparently disgusts her. Heck, what do I care about how she feels towards me? She was never more than a little pawn in the game I now played and I did not need her to win. Let her seek refuge beside the stallion (if you even can call him that) and let her see that he can never play in my league. Her loss.

I changed my focus towards the one that used to make my heart hurt. Africa was still able to do it, but not in the same way. I felt no pity, no regret for the words and ways I have treated her. I wish you knew that I do this for you, so that you will not stay broken for long. Damn, I still have a heart. I just don't let anyone see it.

"Of course I've changed. Everyone goes through a change sooner or later, and mine happened later. Deal with it." I gave both the mares my opinion on what they had said, before I turned to the stallion. "You will change too. There is no way you will survive with that broken heart of yours. You will learn that the shadows does not shelter you from the world and that you can not escape your fears. Take it from me; Better face it now and grow or you will shrivel away, knowing you did not live a life that was yours."

This was it. I had done what I came for and now I would leave them, either to ponder upon my words or talk about how a disgrace I was. I did not care what they did, as I do not own them. But they should listen. Truth comes from the one who have felt the weight of the world on his shoulders and not the one who glides through life. With a last glance, I looked at where Africa was hiding, before I walked past the others and out.

Let them see the walk of a man who have lost everything in a desperate attempt to live a life he had always dreamed about. Let them talk. Let them forget.

OOC: Aaaaand Wind is out! *poof*
Thank you again for letting me crash this thread and just so you know, I am cheering for Slaiter and Abishia ;) *wink wink*

@[Abishia] @[Slaiter] @[Africa]

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker

Hidden Account
Wild.

A horrid tension gripped the awkward scene. Abishia shuffled her hooves, her pelt brushing lightly against the dark Stallion next to her. She uncomfortably cleared her throat, and took a small step to the side away from him, not wanting to push him away like she was known to do. The girl looked at the Stallion with the odd tail with some sort of lust in her orbs, a piece of want. Yes, she felt drawn toward him in odd ways, although she didn't even know the brute's name. A chill ran up her spine when she glanced over to him, and she offered a warm smile, he orbs lingering on his. There was something odd she felt about him but it wasn't necessarily bad, but maybe too good. There was a small silence then a girl spoke up.

Her voice seemed full of pain, and she sounded quite tired. Abi shook her dome slightly, then glared Windwalker's way. He had hurt too many souls. He wasn't the kind Stallion that she had met none but about a season ago, he had called for her when she had fell, and cared for her well being. But now he was a pain causing, rude, and ruthless brute that didn't about anyone but himself. She stamped a hoof, fury threatening to cause her to take action. Of course she could never have a chance against the well-muscled brute, but oh would she try... She glanced over at the dark boy next to her, every time she looked over, she couldn't help but let a small smile dance upon her velvets. She kept her gaze on him for a few moments, but the sound of the ugly thing's voice snapped her out of her little trance. She whipped her head in his direction and bared her teeth, snapping them in the air, her lobes pressed against her dome, anger lighting her orbs with a horrible fire. She didn't care to listen to his words. His presence was enough to piss her off now, and she had no use for him, nor did she want to have one for him. Secretly, she hoped he would walk off, and never return. That excuse for a stallion should be sucked into the shadows.

Soon, her silent prayer was answered. He walked off, and a slight smile played on her lips. She then slowly turned her head to the mists, tilting her dome and letting out a soft nicker. She still couldn't see the mare that hid behind the blanket of mist, and an eagerness to lure her out and show herself was strong. Abishia felt bad for the girl, and knew she was in pain, from what she didn't know. She sighed lightly, cast a friendly glance over to the boy, then walked into the mists. They seemed to swallow the painted girl, but her markings where easily visible through the smog. She walked slowly, squinting, the mist obstructing her vision. But soon, her maw accidently bumped into the girl, and Abishia staggered backward. "My goodness! " She rang out, her vocals a bit surprised. She struggled to let her eyes adjust, but she soon got a good look at the dapple grey mare in front of her. One wing. Dappled. Grey... Companion... Abishia's mouth gaped. How different she looked now. "Africa! I am Abishia... We meet before when you were with Ciceron on the border of the Foothills. " The girl was quite surprised by how sad this mare looked, and her eyes portrayed everything. Abi let out a little hmph, then took a step closer to Africa. She was still beautiful... But damn, she looked like she just needed a friend. The child extended her maw towards the mare's, but pulled it away when it was about to make contact. "I'm sorry." She turned her dome away, completely ashamed. She turned around, then spoke quietly to her. "Walk with me? Please Africa. " Silently, she then walked from the little mist laden corner.

Her orbs rested on the brute, and a smile immediately spread over her pale kissers. She cocked her head slightly and giggled a bit. It was crazy how she had simply forgotten what had just happened moments ago. Her heart seemed to skip a beat, and she took a few more steps toward him, then spoke to him in a quiet and kind voice. "I have yet to learn your name..."

{ Phew, that was tense! Thanks for joining Nanna!!! <3 Hope we can continue this.
and ohhhhhh little abi is taking a liking to the quiet boy... xD @[Slaiter] }

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Shoikan

A quiet defense drifts from the mist where the gray mare lingers, revealing the past in a near-whisper that Slaiter strains to hear and understand. Why is the black brute different now than he was before? Though he has never met the other stallion before, Abishia had welcomed him rather warmly before, and now Africa is confirming that the personality of the wingless pegasus has been warped. What could cause such a thing? Was it contagious? Slaiter's new found confidence wavers at the thought, and he almost retreats, having no wish to become harsh.

It is the painted mare by his side that keeps him in place, the faintest slide of her fur against his steadying his nerves. It is irrational, but he has not often been in contact with others, and it is calming to finally find someone who does not automatically shun him, who sides with him against another creature. Of course he remembers the kindness of Tangere, but they had yet to stand together against a potential threat, lacking the bonds that such an experience can build. Nor did the silver and white mare keep looking to him the way this one does, smiling every time. He does not really understand the attention, but finds that he does not mind it either.

He is so preoccupied by this new development that he almost misses the next words from Windwalker, the blunt speech he makes about changing, even promising the rot-colored unicorn that he will change, destroyed by an already broken heart and betrayed by the darkness in which he so often hides. The ghoul's head tilts in confusion as he mulls over those words, uncertain of what meaning lies in them. His heart is not broken, for he has never been around others long enough for it to be affected in such a way. Twisted, perhaps, should to words of hateful herds be believed, or maybe not even there at all, but he is certain that, should it exist, the organ is whole. Also, why should he become different than how he already is? He has gone for 13 years without any noticeable alterations, still content to dance with the dead and tell stories to the night, still the odd abomination looking for those who are as corrupted as he is. It does not matter anyway, he supposes, watching with midnight eyes as the man strides away. They lie, these horses with anger in their veins. Mum had told him so, in the years before he was driven from her side, granting him lifetimes worth of advice drawn from the minds of the deceased. So, this prophecy must be a lie, formed from spite.

Belatedly, he notes that Abishia has stepped away into the swirling vapors, only her white splashes visible in the gloom. Is that it, then, the meeting disbanded without another word? Social interactions have never been his strong point, and he hesitates, wavering between stay and go, hooves shifting restlessly beneath his bulk. But no, he hears the girl's voice now, addressing the elusive gray, telling of a previous meeting between the two and asking the mare to accompany her on a walk. She comes back into view then, laughing at something he cannot see, stating her ignorance of his name.

"No," he confirms, not quite certain if she cares to know or if she was simply musing out loud. Deciding to err on the side of manners, he tells her anyway. "Slaiter."

Slaiter

Image Credit

Deceased
The defiant expression riddled through the familiar black stallion’s once demure back features, held steady despite the taunting rebuke which unsettled easily Africa’s still squirming stomach. She had not expected Windwalker to brave the cheek of the other mare’s tongue so stoically, and even while her own heart lurched to rest in the base of her gulping throat, he seemed to stand there unaffected entirely. That throbbing organ sank back almost as suddenly, and her ears too drove backwards as her once friend’s focus returned to the thick shroud of shadowing she hid beneath. The gaze gleaming with aversion beneath the spangled canopy was like a knife through her conscience.

He spoke- callous words driving forward to shatter Africa’s brittle reasoning; any resolve fraying beneath the puddled shell of her hide. Her heart had not so much been broken; it had been wounded by a cruel tongue and a mind which had lulled her insecurity and fragile spirit into some perverted manner of trust. She had never given her heart away, no other’s grip had ever been snug around it’s hot pulse- and now, no desire to do so swelled any longer through her core.

Windwalker’s teeth snapped together viciously as his voice fell short; unwilling perhaps to feed them anymore of that hate searing his mind. The other mare who stood now beside the silent Unicorn, gnashed blunt ivories Before he whirled away from the group, Africa’s bewildered gaze was snagged by the sweep of his hollow eyes. A sadness filled her own; grief fuelled by the brutal loss of a friend which had seemed so sincere- though had not Aurelia seemed so darling also. Perhaps the dappled fool was just numb to the signs undoubtedly shed by those ill-meaning fiends throughout Helovia; certainly it seemed she was a sucker for their punishing behaviour. The wingless black removed himself then, passing bitterly out through the corridor that his wrath had previously descended upon them through. Africa’s held breath released slowly, not for the sake of relief by any means... Her heart’s thrash did not ease.

The soft pull of the other mare’s nicker drew creamy eyes from the black entrance to the room, and soon the other’s nose sought her location through the veil of Africa’s clever concealment. It bumped with the tender grace of another female; a touch that was quite dissimilar to even the daintiest of affectionate male caresses. The dappled mare was drawn to its warmth and compassion- she had few friends of her own gender, and perhaps that was part the reason emptiness now hollowed out her soul so terribly. She had never been overly particular about who she thrust her care upon; foal, man or woman; always, Africa had given herself freely and that had been her ultimate unravelling.

She would not be so forthcoming anymore…

The Zephyr glowing above grumbled protectively as the two noses touched; he cared not for the unkind ways of her kind, and found more and more frequently that those they crossed paths with were unpredictable and wild. Even before himself, his beloved was the primary focus of his care and concern.

Africa’s own name peeled through the silence which had fallen rapidly upon them in the absence of the thuggish stallion. Long ears rushed forwards to meet the astonished tone of the feminine voice, and quickly the name to follow rang a chord of familiarity through her mind. Indeed they had met by the flank of the Foothills- and so too had she seen Ciceron down here recently. A stark, rare wave of happiness flashed through the gaze of her eyes. It seemed many of those who had once warmed her heart had found their safety in The Sanctuary. She was glad, but still too bruised to bear the brunt of that openly.

The brown and white mare extended her nose again; the same innocent generosity therein which had been the forefront of Africa’s character for all the years she now looked back scornfully upon- she had been nothing but a starry-eyed fool. The gesture was withdrawn quickly though, and an apology offered for which the dappled Pegasus was unsure. Abisha turned after requesting tenderly that she follow, and Africa followed silently towards the eerily hued stallion- not altogether sold on his placidness. With mild reluctance (purely for the sake of his gender), she offered a modest nod and retired jadedly to stand against the comforting warmth of the younger mare’s coffee-brown thigh.

Slaiter was a name she had not before come across. Regardless, Abisha’s cool confidence offered her sudden solace, and bathing in the protective glower of her bonded, Africa felt the writhing tension begin to dissipate slowly from her fraught frame.

Africa