the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! In Fear and Faith [Locket]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I wasn't sure what I was doing. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing. Grief was every part of my frame, but I couldn't be sure. There was a sickening feeling, the way that all the memories seemed to cling to my soul and drag me down. Memories of pain and loss - mirroring the emotions that were spinning around me, spinning through me.

Would I ever find a way to be whole again? Would I ever manage to pull myself together enough to make things right? Would I ever be that person who everyone thought I was? Would I ever be able to be that strong leader? Would I ever be myself?

I wasn't sure where my hooves were dragging me. I wasn't sure where the clicking of the hooves were headed but I didn't care. Perhaps if I headed out into the darkness I would be able to make them stop worrying about me. Perhaps I would be able to feel like I didn't care - like I didn't have to exist. Was that where my body was dragging me? I didn't feel it until the shift in my weight placed me on an incline, and I blinked the tears away from my eyes. Finally, I began to peer out, taking in the shadows that were looming in the sky around the cave, the darkness that was emanating from every pore.

Today was as good of a day to die as any. Perhaps if I just kept moving I would be able to hide myself from the world. But I doubted it. And, when I heard the sound of more hooves clicking along the stone of the caverns I felt my body freeze, not even two steps from heading outside - from disappearing into the shadows.

Alleo will find you and murdering you for doing this to yourself. You can't leave. But I don't know if it's that thought that keeps me anchored to the ground - the thought that someone cares - or if it is just the fear of having someone watch me as I try to go...

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

He strides, a lone soul to haunt these caverns. He's desperately trying to find Lakota, trying to check in on her in the least. He wants to make sure she's okay, and not trying to find Ktulu in the darkness, or anything else. He was mellowing out during these days of confinement, finding it harder and harder to think while trapped in the caverns. So many horses were packed into the underground, making Locket sometimes feel like he was being suffocated by the cramped spaces some days. It was difficult for him to escape the eyes of others, feeling uncomfortable under the watch of everyone.

He slips through the shadows, light bathing his side as lava illuminates the caves. His rusty colored body is turned into an intensely saturated red, basking in vibrant oranges, yellows and reds. He glances at a pale figure at the moving for the mouth of the cave, body freezing as his hoofsteps echo in the cavern. He realizes how close she is to the entrance of the cave, his heart suddenly racing a thousand miles a minute. "W-wait! Ma'am, please, don't go any farther!" He wails, accented words bounding off the rock walls of the caves. The stallion races closer to the "Don't do that! You'd die if you go out there, or you'd become one of..." He swallows, unable to finish his sentence. Approaching her, Locket gets a better look at the mare's face. He lowers his muzzle, trying to press her shoulder to show that he was there to help her. He tries to push her back from the darkness, but only if she was willing to cooperate.

He gazes at her, a solemn expression on her face. "I can't lose another soul to the shadows.." He murmurs, gazing at her with dull eyes as he thinks of his former Chieftess and the beast that attacked her. He struggles to hold back his pain, but fails as his breath gets shaky. "M-my name is Locket, yours?" He gazes at her, leafy gems softening as he looks at the pale girl.

"talk talk talk"

And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.
dctim1.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I was frozen. My mind trying to find an escape from the mess of emotions that had been flooding my system. But, it is the hoof steps that keep me frozen in place. The darkness is my friend. The darkness means I don't have to think. The darkness means that I can just let everything be that I don't want to deal with. And the darkness outside this cave only looks more and more appealing the longer I stare at it.

But a voice breaks through my thoughts. Telling me to wait - to not to go any farther. His words bounce around the walls and I am pinning my ears back in shock. Why? Why should I not go any farther. His frame is coming closer, I can tell without even looking from the hoof beats that get louder, and I can tell from the way that the vibrations spread across the cave. He says I'll die if I go out there, or that something else might happen. But. Wouldn't it be better than what it was right now? Would I be far better off like that? I thought so. And, it is when these thoughts are running through my head that I feel his muzzle pressing up against my shoulder. Strength is used to start to push me back. And, as I allow my limbs to start to take me back down the hill and into the confines of the caves.

He's watching me, a broken? expression upon his face. It didn't really matter though, because I could at least feel that his muscles were tensing from something similar enough to anxiety. He says he can't lose another soul to the shadows, and dull eyes meet the same dull gaze. His breath starts to shake a little and all I can do is tilt my head to the side a little. He offers his name and I'm unable to return the favor. But, I would be able to recall his name for whenever I was able to speak. I stumble back a few steps, looking up at him and allowing my ears to drop a little bit. My mouth opens to speak, but it is once again like I'm choking myself. No words yet. it isn't TallSun, even if it felt like it should be.

Rasta. I'm Rasta. But no one can guess that off of charades...

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable

She freezes, still as stone, listening to the rusty steed's command. He lets loose a grateful smile, pillars moving swiftly to carry him towards her, hoping that in this time she didn't move outside, but instead listen to his words and sink back into the caverns. She just stands there, unmoving as he approaches her.

Locket presses his pale lips to her shoulder, using his strength to nudge her back down into the caves. The shadows reach out eagerly for him, shadows kissing at his heels as he follows her back down the slope, biting at his flesh. It wanted to consume him, to turn him into a monster, but he was smart, he was clever, the shadows could not have him.

Our solemn gazes collide, and he can do nothing as he falls victim to the dull, broken expressions that dance across her features, the images of pain flickering in her eyes. He swallows, finding his heart being poked and prodded by her eyes, those pale blue eyes that show her story. There is much to be seen, so little to be told. Something dark looms above their heads, Locket's dull gaze drawing away for fear he will fall, his kingdom will crumble if he stares any deeper.

When a name if offered, no name is returned. Instead an expression showing loss as lips open, yet nothing escapes. She acts as though she was going to speak, yet something was holding her from it. Locket has met a few who are like her, unable to speak with sound, with a voice. They are muted, a select few who cannot talk their mind, but instead are cursed to leave their opinions unspoken. Taking a deep breath, Locket offers a smile, gazing at her with understanding green eyes. "You cannot talk, can you?" He waits a moment, the speaks. "The reason I stopped you— is because I've seen what the darkness does. A close comrade of mine was taken by the darkness, before my very eyes. I can't bear to see anyone else fall victim to the shadows." He inhales, holding back the tears that dare show their little faces to the world.

"talk talk talk"

And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.
dctim1.flickr

Locket talk :: L = R