the Rift

Running, Always Running

Keireina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Keireina skidded to a halt, her hooves sliding through the muck, wings and tail flared, slowing her further. Sides heaving she stares into the woods, the trees looking ominous. And yet, they felt almost, welcoming? Tentatively, Keireina takes her first steps towards the woods, her feathered wings clamped tightly to her sides. Guarding her. Head low she passes the first trunk, her eyes constantly moving, her head weaving to try and take everything in. As her breathing and heart rate slows her head raises a bit more, her ears swivelling to and fro as she listens to the woods wake up around her. The birds begin to sing softly and small creatures flit through the underbrush. Beams of sunlight filter through the canopy and Keireina's wings loosen from her sides a bit more, although her tail remains tightly folded, making her seem as small as possible.

Millions of thoughts flash through her mind, each vanishing faster than the one before but the fear is there. The fear is always there. It lurks, beneath the surface of her mind. The memory of something terrible, something so horrifying that it has been blocked completely from her conscious thoughts.

The woods open up before Keireina, revealing a small clearing with a soft bed of moss. Sighing heavily, she takes a few steps into the clearing but remains within leaping distance of the shelter of the trees. Her whole body shudders, and she shakes herself violently, little bits of fluff and broken feathers freeing themselves from her wings and tail and releases a little bit more of her tension. With a deeper breath she slowly kneels and lays down, not completely relaxed but in desperate need of a short nap. Food and water can wait. For now.

Running, always running

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Seriously, the Sanctuary was driving her insane. The walls, all the closeness, just no. There was only so much crowded stinky horse she could take. So lately, she took walks around the Threshold, most of the time wondering what the different stories the trees held. Some, were nonetheless sad, some welcoming, some frighting, and some very, very dark. She wished she could speak to them, and learn just what was going on.

Wandering about, she came upon a small mossy clearing. The ground was inviting, and she was no doubt ready to dive head first into the soft ground before she noticed a bay pegasus who was curled up on the ground. Elsa cleared her throat a little, and tentatively took a step forward, keeping her distance to try and not scare the mare. She fluttered her wings to her, to make her soft, downy wings known. She never knew, some horses were very racist, like Valhalia, so she was more careful with approaches now. She hoped the mare before her was no racist, and would welcome her winged body. "Hello miss." She offered a smile, and continued. "Are you new here?"

Her mind wandered a little bit, wondering just why everyone kept winding up here. It wasn't like this place was offering free samples of anything. Maybe this was just the heart of some huge world, bigger than anyone had expected. Too bad everyone seemed to wind up here. The darkness was not exactly the best tourist attraction to want to come and see. She wouldn't bring that up though, not until she knew exactly what the mare was doing here.

"Talking"
Elsa

Keireina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As Keireina lightly dozed in the mossy clearing, pleasant thoughts began to trickle up through the wall of fear in her mind. This is nice. Maybe, maybe I could be happy here? As the other pegasus entered the clearing and cleared her throat, those thoughts quickly took flight as Keireina jumped to her feet, heart hammering. She backed against the nearest trunk and tucked her wings in tight, her eyes never leaving the other. Slowly her mind began to process through the fear and she took in the wings? Like, me? Her eyes flicked quickly behind her to her own feathered appendages and she glanced back, realizing the other mare was speaking with her. Uhm, Hello? She said quietly, almost a whisper as her throat closed with the fear. Taking a deep breath she tried again. Hello. I guess, I guess I am new here. Uhm, where is 'here' exactly?

Keireina's head cocked slightly to the side as continued to survey the other mare. What if there were other pegasi here? I thought I was the only one left. But there might be more? She tentatively took a step forward from the tree and stepped to the right, so that she could slip away into the trees if she had to. I, uh, I don't mean to be rude but, are there other pegasi here? Wherever here is of course?

As Keireina waited for the mare to answer, her thoughts once again slowly began to filter through the fear. As they did, the fear seemed to diminish more, yet it always remained, waiting.

Running, Always running

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.
my stories are very somber..

A run was long over due. The girl had decided to take her chances, and flee from the hole in the ground, and run across the dark lands so she could reach the Threshold. She was pleased to see that the lands had remained sacred, untouched by the darkness. A sigh escaped her lips, her legs shaking as she slowed to a walk and entered the Thresh. She was horribly out of shape, a small belly beginning to show on her. Disappointed, she made a note to herself to run to the Threshold more to great the newcomers. But really, who would want to come to this hell? Whoever choses to make a new home here is an idiot in her eyes, putting themselves in immediate danger. A guilt grows in her, knowing that she will be welcoming a newbie into a potentially deadly land, and a possibly horrid future. Memories of when the air used to cause sweat bead around her harks swarmed in her mind, reminding her of when times where light. But it seems the inhabitants of Helovia had only been lifted from what seemed a eternal darkness, to be plunged into another one, but this one was a deadly one. Shadows covered the land, the sun was not only gone, but all hope had faded with it.

A voice reached her harks, and she stopped in her tracks. Alarmed, she flicked her delicate lobes into a alert position, and her nostrils flared, urging any scents to enter them. But soon, she relaxed, hearing a very familiar voice. Elsa... She smiled, and followed the sound, walking down a deer path that opened up into a moss clearing. Before her where two winged girls, one she knew, and the other a complete stranger. A newcomer? Oh gods. She thought to herself before offering a soft nicker to them both. They seemed to be engaged in conversation, but she didn't mind interrupting Elsa, for she was much like a sister to the filly. Abishia stepped into the clearing, and trotted over, running her maw down her spine in a loving touch. She was now at her left side, her ribcage pressed against her soft wing. She smiled softly and dipped her head to the bay mare. "Welcome to Helovia miss!!!"

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
The new mare seemed a bit startled by her presence. Honestly, it didn't surprise her. If the outside world was anything like Helovia, she was screwed. Elsa would be surprised that she made it this far. There was no time for questioning though, she needed to get her to safety. Although, no homes existed anymore. Everyone was their own outcast, expelled from the safety of their home by dark forces. Forces that really no one knew what to do with. As she was about to reply, Abishia came stumbling in.

Elsa had to admit the girl was starting to form a special place with her. One that no one had shared with her in a long while. Her innocence and child-like demeanor always put her into a better mood than before. She let Abishia give her own warming welcome and she smiled and offered a nod to her. She felt comforted by her presence against her wing. It meant she could keep her safe too. She could make sure she wouldn't disappear like the rest of them. "Like Abi said, we are in Helovia. My name is Elsa. However... you've come at some troubling times..." Her voice died away for a second, debating on whether or not to bring the darkness back up. She didn't want to scare Abishia. "As far as I have heard, there are more pegasus. Me, being a prime example. I have yet to meet another though. However, I know unicorns and equines alike live here to, so I have no doubt more of our kind exist. Though, with the current state of the world I should hasten this conversation with you. She paused, and drew in a deep breath, trying to find words to break this seemingly crazy news to the mare. "A darkness has fallen on Helovia. The near entirety of our land has been consumed by it. Wraiths, stories of monstrous creatures, follow this darkness around. A majority of society has taken shelter in the cave systems. Other than this area, everything has been consumed. I fear that this may soon be next, but yet, the darkness has not taken over yet, but I don't want to wait and find out." She looked pleadingly at the mare. "I can take you to our caves systems. It's a communal home for everyone. No herds technically exist anymore. It's nearly every man or woman for themselves." Her face fell from the smile by now, a cold, hard face in its wake. She had to get everyone down there. They had to be safe!

"Talking"
Elsa

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
There was glimmer of hope in the bleak world of Helovia now, and Arrane had his own little taste of it with Abishia and Hella. It was nice to loosen up and have some fun, to see the gleam of light at the end of the voided tunnel. Now, entering the forest, rays of sun beamed upon his ivory back, the taut man walking into the line of looming trees. Cyan orbs scanned the clearing, and instantaneously voices caught his attention, pricking up curious ears. Walking slowly, the are near him, a flock of birds burst out of the tree tops as he cautiously approaches. All feminine, one of them in particular sound very familiar, like Abishia. Youthful and innocent, ringing like a pure bell on a Sunday morning.

Trees part away to show the figures of two pegasus mares, and of course, Abishia! A kindred grin played upon a velvet maw, but now the anxiety and the thought of impending attacks of the wraiths kept him internally alert, prepared for anything. The two mares were unfamiliar, one of a pale creme color, and the other Miss being a bay Arabian, a dished maw such as his. Nodding his head in a gesture of respect, he stayed quiet to listen to the words of the light mare. It was true, for the very reason he had come was to swoop up any newcomer and usher them to the safety of the Sanctuary.

"Hello Abishia", smiling at his friend, he looked back at the other two women. "I agree. I'm Arrane, from the Foothills", acknowledging the introduction of Elsa, he kindly grinned at her. "We should get out of here as soon as we can", the taut warrior looked at the three of them, wanting to move out of here in a haste. Helovia wasn't safe anymore.