the Rift

A Fallen Star(Introduction to Leyra)[Open]

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

She couldn't stand it. Her knees were sore and bruised, her throat parched, her hooves cracked. The mare heaved what she thought to be her last breaths. She was only three, but she felt older from her battered body.

Her coat was soaked in mud and water. Her mane was gnarled, her horn seemed no longer to glow the way it had, to make a flower bloom and grow, now made the flower wilt and crumble.

The mare felt her stomach growl, deep and low. She hadn't eaten in days she must've traveled through half of Helovia by now. She mustered enough energy to calculate how much further she had to go till she reached the Threshold. She was only about twenty miles, if she was correct. She mustered all her energy and finally stood back up. She collected the last of her energy, bunched it up, and followed the worn path.

She collapsed in the dirt. Her nostrils flared, she lay on her side, she felt the sun's warm rays shine over her deformed body. She felt warm spread throughout her black dirt covered coat. She opened her eyes, listening to the birds chirp. The mare took another deep breath, blowing out the chunks of mud and grime first.

She just lay there, her eyes closed, her breathing relaxed, waiting for the gods to take her away. But they never came.

The mare opened her eyes, the sun beginning to set, trading places with the moon, who ruled the night.

Her horn began to regain it's gallant blue glow. She stood up, feeling her body scream out in pain. She snorted at her own weakness, and began to canter along the path now.

The speed of her canter was surprising, she felt the wind in her mane, her tail flapping in the wind like a flag. She tossed her head and went faster.
All I had needed was a midnight gallop? Impossible! She thought to herself. She skidded to a halt. She had made it. She was standing before the Threshold. She neighed in delight and trotted into the Threshold. It was a beautiful forest with singing song birds and green lively trees. She sniffed the ground, grass was growing in small patches here and there.

The mare whinnied and gulped down as mush grass as her stomach allowed her. She then realized her tongue was still dry. She sipped up a puddle, feeling her tongue and throat being re-hydrated, she did another full out neigh of triumph.

Her horn was finally glowing again! She neighed once more and then everything went black

The mare awoke, still in the same condition as before, her throat parched, her stomach empty and her body deformed, she let out a soulful neigh.
It was all a stupid stupid dream. I should've known.She felt her knees give way, and she toppled over, crying out for help as she did.

Action
Thought
"Speaking"

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

A beast ignorant to the pain that whelped down low flew high overhead of said exhausted company. Powerful appendages beat warmed air with rising intent, and set him toward a higher path. Ebony kissed ivory along his flank, each side glistened with perspiration. A cooler night was allowing him to draw near toward the hollow of gods; each caressing wisp of wind seemed placed only for the comfort of one wounded soul tonight. Had there been a god of wind, he, like all other Pegasus before him would be the stepchild. Shoulder muscles twitched and tightened with natural strain, nostril’s flared as fragrances darted past. Timbered limps pumped open evening sky, the land curled beneath him and spruce stretched out to touch just a hint of what their evening offered.

Peaceful.

Suddenly, a jutted cry of sorrow broke the quiet. Curious and compassionate Midas twisted with skull jerking down, golden orbs peering to see through a dense canopy at what might lay below. The sound drifted toward heavens, marked by a need for assistance; it went against the fiber of his being to resist an innocent cry for help. Angled wings turned the stud toward proper location; dropping from the sky with heart quivering’s quickness the lad fell forward and landed smartly with wings folding to ride across his body as a second skin. Golden tinted feathers quivered, and sights fell upon a roan mare, a unicorn. He held no ill thoughts toward others of a different species.

“Are you ok miss?” tenors rumbled out softly, concern dripped from his tone. His question wouldn’t need an answer.

Orbs trailed her lovely curves with calculating appeal. She appeared out of sorts and weakened, right foreleg rose with hoof falling against soft earth. He drew closer, the warmth of her body could be felt across his warmed hide; neck angled down with muzzle only a foot or so from the others face, “How can I help?” Tenderly he offered his presence as a comforting blanket from the outside world.

Word count: 473
OOC: Looks fine to me O.o;?

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Deceased
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

The mare opened her blue eyes slowly. She saw a feather on the very tip of her nose. She looked up and saw a stallion beside her, his white wings placed beautifully on his back. She scanned his figure in a matter of minutes. She hadn't really seen a pegasus before. Her blue eyes stared straight into his golden eyes.

The mare could feel the warmth of his coat radiating onto hers, blanketing her in a feeling she had never felt before. She looked at him for several more minutes before she spoke.I'm Leyra. I've been traveling for days. I need some where to stay for a while.Her words trickled out like water from a stream, her voice was as soft as a rabbit's fur.

She couldn't help but feel a little bad for herself from her appearance. She stood up, her knees screaming in pain. Her front knees gave way and she stumbled down, her nose plopping into a small puddle. The water grabbing the muck and grime from her muzzle like a hungry foal wanting it's mother's milk.

The mare looked back at the stallion, her eyes showed a fondness of the stallion. She then glanced back at the puddle, seeing a mare she didn't recognize. Her mane was clumpy and tangle, and her eyes were dim. Her muzzle was the only clean object on her body. Her horn protruded from the middle of her forehead, which was collecting dirt and grim. She stuck her horn into the water. She couldn't muster any energy to make even the slightest ripple. She felt a tear escape her eye. She then wandered back to the stallion, and placed herself into the same position she was in earlier. She enjoyed the warmth spread over her, the feeling she felt near the stallion return to her body, invading her veins and burrowing into her deepest roots.

"Action"
"Thought"
"Speaking"

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
( Midas, your table isn't closing properly :/ )

How many times had he trodden these familiar paths? How many times had he slipped among the trees, like a wraith haunting the living? Assessing - watching - calculating - judging. Sometimes he slipped by those gathered there, never bothering to approach. Tonight, he drifted alone, until a soulful cry for help cut across the silent air, startling a flock of birds into noisy flight. No matter the creature calling it out, hornless or horned, such things were always interesting. Without hesitation, the white beast powered into a canter, easily eating up the ground below him in a quick lope. He'd traversed the forest so many times, that he knew it well - perhaps he'd not seen every single inch of it, but he knew the pattern of its roots and the colors of its rocks. He knew it well enough to run swiftly without getting injured or falling.

Like a flash of godsent white he came upon them; an emaciated, thin mare, a dull horn protruding from a dirty forehead, and a black-and-white unicorn startlingly similar to the one they'd killed in the Edge. For a moment, Mauja wondered if he saw ghosts, but there were differences, and he certainly smelled real enough. The mare said she needed a place to stay before collapsing muzzle-first in a puddle, and the King felt his conscience twitch. She was a unicorn, and one in bad shape, too. "It's alright," he said in a low, soothing voice, stepping out beside the pegasus. He smelled like the Throat. A comforting noise rumbled in his chest, and he bent his pale head to touch his soft muzzle to the mare's cheek, blowing hot air onto it. "We just need to get some water and food into you, and some rest. Then you can come home to my herd - we have a skilled healer there." Gently he tried stepped around her to nudge her shoulder, trying to encourage her to get up. "You can lean on me, it's okay," he murmured.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The effects of his presence seemed to pay off almost immediately. She softened, relaxed. Tenderness for this lost soul began to radiate, he was such a sucker for the troubled hearts of this world. Sunblessed eyes blinked as the silence dragged on; she appeared to be tracing over every square line and curve, making a memory of remembrance. Their gaze locked in a timeless series of seconds to which he was forced to count breathing patterns in attempt at warding away awkward thinking. He scowled inwardly at for it never once occurred to him that she might hadn’t ever seen a winged beast before; he had thus approached as if the babe was one of his own species. Though his encounters with unicorns had been thus far limited, it wasn’t surprising or hindering toward ideals of compassion. Prejudice only went so far in these lands—a herd which he didn’t count himself among. Folks with small minded thinking such as those that were of prejudice tendencies. A soft murmur of sweet relief trailed past coal lips when she broke silence with words.

“I’m Leyra. I've been traveling for days. I need some where to stay for a while.”

Leyra. It spun around his mind for a moment before neatly sliding into an, ‘has met,’ folder. Pushing forward a rather refreshing smile he mustered up an easy reply, “It’s a pleasure Leyra,” skull dipped sharply before settling parallel, “I am called, Midas,” it was a strain to keep from sighing out his namesake. The weight of travel already beginning to sink into lightened bones; keeping the conversation going he added with hints of assurance dripping free, “Rest ma’ lady, gain your strength and if you wish it, when body feels ready I will take you to a cool spring,” bowled out features moved to rise above, with direction lingering toward the darkened wood around them, “it’s refreshing waters are not far, and would suit multiple purpose.” She rose then, or at least put forth an effort only to crumble forward into a likening position as the first. Frame leaned inwardly toward offering assistance, but the motion came too late for she had already settled.

Poor lass.

“Be easy,” he murmured, limbs curled to lower heavy bulk toward earth. Wings tightly strained themselves against his hide with right appendage loosening to hang behind comfortably. He didn’t force closeness upon her, but neither pulled away. Skull remained erect and watchful, lightly he soothed out, “From what land have you hailed?”

His actions and words would be for nothing after a moment. Another essence slithered toward them, unfamiliar, yet—at the same time noticeably familiar. Other herds; particularly another unicorn. His soft white pelt came into sight, brightened horn shinning. Words came forth, Midas listened silently and took the sidelines to see how everything would turn out.

Word count: 473
OOC: Looks fine to me O.o;?

Deceased
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

(I have no clue where Leyra came from)

The mare could not speak. Her head was spinning. Her stomach growled as she looked at the white stallion.

She stood up, her knees shaking. She leaned against the white stallion. Her eyes felt sore, she needed sleep, but she would gladly go to a herd. She needed somewhere to stay."Thank you for the offer. I would be glad to go to you herd."The mare bowed her head gratefully.

She felt the stallions' muscular shoulder against her own. She could feel her own muscles, well, what was left of them anyway.

The mare looked at the winged stallion. The warm feeling she had first felt was gone. Washed away like sand on the beach. She turned her head back to the unicorn stallion.
"May I ask where your herd is?"She asked shyly. Her deep blue eyes scanned the stallions features as she waited for his answer.

The horned stallions' smell was strange. He smelled of a desert. She caught a stale whiff of other horses. Her nose was clogged with dirt and water, and she was surprised at the fact she could even smell at all.

Her horn looked disgusting compared to the unicorn beside her. His horn was gleaming, almost like ice.

The mare felt tired, sleepy, and she nodded off, but was startled when a bird would chirp.

"Action"
"Thought"
"Speaking"

Ascended Helovian

The Pegasus stallion seemed to fade away slightly, as if uncertain of what to do once Mauja came in and took command; the King gave him a worried glance. He wasn't worried for the stallion and the way that he watched them, but rather for the mare. She seemed to be in bad shape, but something about him coming to her side seemed to strengthen her - at least her resolve. On shaky legs she forced herself upright, leaning against him. Tall and sturdy as he was, he bore her added weight easily, a firm shoulder for her to lean against. How long had she been on the move? How long had she been running? Long, he guessed, for her frame was bony and her muscles atrophied. Covered in dirt and old sweat as she was, it was impossible to tell her color. "That's settled, then," he murmured at her, his pale tail swishing behind them. Perhaps she would fatten up in what was left of autumn, before the harsh winter came - the days were shortening, and the mad heat of Tallsun was finally losing its grip on the world. The dark nights were colder, and the morning breeze carried the promise of frost and autumn to him. She turned to him with yet another question, and a small smile played on his face. "It's west of here, by the sea. But you're tired, sister - there's no need to make such a journey yet, with you in this state. It is alright if you want to sleep, I will watch over you." Her head kept drooping in the fashion of the exhausted, only to jerk back up again when something startled her out of the doze. To push her further would just be cruel, and potentially dangerous. He had no desire to harm one of his fellow sisters, not even to get her out of the Pegasus' presence. Should he, too, wish to hold vigil while the mare slept, he was more than welcome to, but once she felt strong enough to make a journey, it was to the Edge she would go.

Deceased
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

The mare blinked. She had gathered and clumped up all her energy and was ready. She didn't have too much, but she could get to the Edge with it."I'm fine. I can make it to the Edge."The mare spoke, her voice was hoarse but had a soft edge to it.

The mare shook her head, tossing the last of her sleep away. Her knees couldn't hold her weight, so she decided to stay leaning on the frosty stallion.

The mare saw the small puddle that she ha fallen into. She hobbled over to it and dipped her knees into the puddle. It made her cracked and dry knees slowly re-hydrate. Her knees stopped being so painful, but they still were in a little pain. She rolled in the puddle, washing of spots of dirt here and there. She could now see her black back and some of her white blanket pattern on her quarters.

The mare felt proud that she could see part of her own coat. She dipped more off herself into the puddle, which was slowly shrinking. After she had cleaned both her hips, and her stomach, the puddle vanished. She then realized how shoe must've looked as she rolled, probably like an immature foal. She stood up, feeling much better, and then walked back to the unicorn."Sorry. I just needed to take a layer of that muck off. Now, let's go."That was the most the mare had said in days. She still was hungry and thirsty, but she felt lighter, the thick mud was now reduced to a small layer in some areas. Other areas were almost completely clean.

The mare looked at the stallion, waiting for him to lead the way to the Edge.

"Action"
"Thought"
"Speaking"

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Midas wasn’t an overwhelming beast by most means; he didn’t simply fall silent due to intimidation; but merely because a wounded soul had found a position in life. Who was he to interrupt her seeking proper shelter and happiness? She seemed perfectly content with sliding toward the icy stallion, and finding a home within a clan that would match likeness. All was well. Content with the outcome the lad gained his feet calmly and offered the snowy beast a kind smile to show that no discontent rested within his heart, “I pray your journey is one of peace,” skull dipped once in formal respect for the other stallion, orbs followed as the mare lumbered toward a new founding, “Farewell Leyra, may your health return swiftly.”

With nothing else to say and not expecting further response from either of them he spread wing and turned toward the forest at a jog that turned into a light gallop, only a second passed before the warm breeze caught below primary feathers. Each gentle tug of the evening wind dug deeper into his muscular tendons until finally instinct instructed for the first set of powerful pumps that would lung him skyward. Tense neck stretched in effort to assist as it may, and the ground disappeared below.

Word count: 237
OOC: Exit Midas

Ascended Helovian

The stallion seemed okay with leaving them be, and Mauja gave him a kind smile as he took his leave. "Thank you, sir," he said with a warmth that was at odds with his glacial looks. And it seemed that his mere presence was enough to fill the mare with vigor and energy, as she claimed she would be able to make it to the Edge. He was doubtful of it, but if she wanted to try, who was he to stop her? It'd be less of a distance for d'Artagnan to travel, should the mare fail and his administrations be required. With a slight shrug he watched as she rolled in a puddle to rub the grime off. Beneath it, she had an appaloosa blanket across something that seemed to be gray or roan - it was hard to tell, a lot of her now damp fur was still covered in mud. "You look better now," he told her with a wry grin, before setting out towards the Edge, offering his shoulder for her to lean upon as often as she would need it.

[ the end! ]