the Rift

[OPEN] Cold Defeat

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Pain. That was all the young stud seemed to know anymore. Pain beyond anyone's imagination. He had led them, his little sisters, to safety far away from Helovia. Only to have them both leave his side and wander out on thier own. Azale with her new mate and Sakura tagging along to meet new friends. Who would of thought.... No.... He couldn't think.

Gently Alanna moves at his side as they slip into the Sanctuary. You couldn't save them, no one known this happen.... Aaron sighed. He knew that. It was true. Who would of known Sakura would of ended up carrying a foal before she found a mate.... That Azale and her mate would die from a wolf attack. The only hope he had now, was that Sakura's child had made it. When he had discovered her, and learned how she died.... He looked his baby sister over. Her amulet, given to her by thier mother was gone. Maybe she had given it to the child. Azale too did not look like she was still carrying the child she was going to have the last time he had seen her.

He stumbled studdenly, knees hitting the rocky floor. He didn't care. Something kept him safe from Kahlua's bite. If he was attacked here, he would be safe. After all, this was supposed to be where they all hid right? Is where Sakura and Azale were, before we go find Kimber.... Yes, he knew that. Only he did not find Smoke and her family. Now if he could only find the rest of his family.... Where was the Qian? He needed them, now more than ever. His blood family was gone....."Talking"
Aaron

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Things had been going oddly smooth in the depths of the undergrounds of Helovia. Cheveyo almost thought it was pointless to have a guard stand by the solitary entry into the lands all of the healthy equines left were currently holed up in, but this was her duty and she would continue to serve until her last breath left her body. Even then, it was rumored that her ghost would continue surviving on this planet, floating around forever and ever keeping watch over the herds as some spirit warrior that the mares would tell their children about. Flicking her flaxen tail across her painted barrel the lady warrior allowed an amused smirk to slide across her features quickly.
It wasn't very often that the mare allowed amusement or any emotion other than seriousness to cross her features, in fact just then was one of the only times the paint could remember smiling since the dark cloud had rolled across the pale blue sky. Chestnut harks flicked back against her skull as pink pools looked up at the opening once more, it had been a few weeks since her grand entrance into their burrow as of just yet she hadn't taken the time to go looking around at the other caverns and caves that seemed to be linked to the Sanctuary some how, but then she wasn't infected nor was she injured in anyway so what was the point in going into the caverns known for their history of healing?
Allowing a soft sigh to slide off of her vocal chords into the air that only carried the sound of the gentle murmurs coming from deep within the caverns. From what she had been able to tell, in the very small amount of time that she spent around the others, it seemed that the herds were all but disbanded as everyone began to mingle in more and more with those that in other circumstances they wouldn't speak or even look at each other. All of the current events made Cheveyo's painted pelt crawl with discomfort and only seemed to be pushing her further and further away, no matter what happened the lady warrior would be there to protect those who claimed their alliance to the Foothills. They were her home and she had sworn to protect them with her life.
It was then that a rustling sound from above ground near the entrance she was guarding reached her chestnut harks. Excitement and nervousness danced through the mustangs veins as her normally pinned back harks slowly made their way forward and her pink pools lit up uncharacteristically, it had been so long since there was any kind of excitement in the sanctuary and in all honesty she was a little too excited to see what was going to slip into her grasps. Taking a step or two backwards and away from the entrance the painted warrior waited in the shadows for whatever it would be that would come tumbling through the hole.
Of course the creature didn't keep Cheveyo waiting long as a painted form came sliding from the hole in the ceiling, and for a moment she thought he was going to be able to keep his footing unlike most others who made such graceful entrances. But at the last moment his ivory knees gave out from under him and went crashing towards the cool stone floor. Cringing slightly the painted mare flicked her harks back once more, pink eyes reading the lost expression that was crossing the features of the painted stud. Sighing inwardly she took a step forwards and out of the shadows, her presence being announced by the sound of her daggers hitting the stone, there was no way she would waste her words by letting him know she was here.
"Can I help you?" Underused vocal chords cracked and snapped with each word as her forward motion came to a halt a safe distance from the creature. He seemed like some lost little child and as much as Cheveyo wanted to just remain hiding in her shadows, this was her duty.

"Speech."
[Tag: @[Aaron] ]
[Words: -6-9-8 ]
[Muse: Kacey Musgraves ]
[Notes: Sorry for popping her in~ hope you don't mind.]

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

He looked up at the sound of hooves against the rock floor. Was it another friend turned foe? Or was this simply a new face from a different herd? Were there even herds now? He wasn't even sure. He had felt cold as the magic from his Glazier rank left him. He could only assume either he was replaced or the herd were no more.... Would they ever get to go back to the Edge? Or any of the lands they had once called home? Someone was speaking now. Inwardly, he wanted to snarl and snap at how cold her voice seemed to him, but he did not. "No one can help me. I just need to find my herd, or what's left of it." Might as well start off by delivering the news to them first. Sakura would never be like her father, nor Takara gain her sight. Azale had the best life of the three, and even she had met her end. All of them, were lost to him and the world all to soon. As a brother, he was hurting. As the one who was left to protect them when thier mother died, he felt like a failure. Don't think that. No one could of known Alanna's voice was becoming more and more understandable in his mind. After all, the hellhound was the only one who truely knew his pain.

Eyes finally looked up to meet the one who had come from the shadows. She was painted, but not just in any colors.... In thier colors... The images of his mother Solstice and his half sibling's Father Torasin flashed in his mind. At least the pattern was different. "I am Aaron, I was a Glazier for the World's Edge. This is Alanna." He nodded to the hellhound. Carefully he moved to stand again, his knees scraped from where they had slip across the rocks. Crimson blood driped slowly down his legs. "Any chance you know where anyone that came from the Edge is?" He needed to see the Moon Doctor at the very least, to make sure the bleeding stopped. That is, if she even had her powers.

@[Cheveyo]

Aaron

Et Spiritus Sancti

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Semper

It was almost pitiful to see the stallion resting in such an awkward position after having fallen, for a few moments Cheveyo thought she was going to be impressed by his entrance as it had seemed nearly graceful as he made his way down the slippery slope. It was no bother to her that he had actually fallen though, if it were serious and needed help now she had a bit of medical training from being a warrior for so very long. The little stumble he had was hardly anything serious though, she expected to see a little bit of his bright crimson blood coming from the little scrapes but nothing that wouldn't heal in good time.
Chestnut harks swiveled slightly as the stallion's rosy kissers parted to respond to her question. "No one can help me. I just need to find my herd, or what's left of it." As he spoke a distant look of sadness crept across his features for a moment before it dissapeared and his two toned skull turned to look at her. Cursing herself the mare braced for the millions of questions about how she was painted so vibrantly, or even why her eyes were pink. As if she had some kind of control over what she was born with. Chev was yearning for the cover of the shadows once more but figured stepping back into them now would make her look all kinds of foolish, the fallen stallion had already seen her.
"I am Aaron, I was a Glazier for the World's Edge. This is Alanna." As he spoke he nodded his skull in the direction of a canine that Cheveyo hadn't noticed before since she was so concerned with his graceful entrance. Flicking a hark at the canine she offered a nod before turning back to it's bonded watching as he was carefully working to get back to his hooves. "Cheveyo of what was once the Windtossed Foothills. It seems we are all one now brother." It pained her deeply to say those words, although the herds were disbanded for the time being her loyalty would always be for the Foothills. Anyone that she knew to have been a member of her beloved Foothills before was sure to see the warmer, slightly more open side than anyone who came from anywhere else. "Any chance you know where anyone that came from the Edge is?" The corners of her rosy kissers turned up slightly, she wasn't the only one who still held a strong tie to the herd they belonged too it seemed as the stallion's baritones interrupted her thoughts.
Sighing softly the painted mare allowed her flower hued pools to drift down to the stallion's knees, the stream of crimson was bubbling up at the break in his skin before dripping slowly down his ivory limbs. Tilting her skull slightly the mare looked back up at the stallion's facade. "None that I am aware of." She wasn't lying nor trying to be overly rude to the creature, she didn't know many Edge members other than the one who stood before her, hell, Cheveyo hardly knew all of the creatures that resided in her home. Flicking her flaxen tresses the mare fought against her vocal chords to be able to speak once more. "If you seek a healer, I can help you find one." Although, from what the lady warrior had been hearing, everyone's magic was gone and she was likely to be able to find the stuff to fix the stallion up just as well as a magic-less healer.

"Words words words."
Tag;; @[Aaron]
Words;; Six Hundred and Twenty Seven -ish
Notes;; Sorry this took so long <3

please tag Cheveyo!!

"So it seems, sister" The word sister was hard to speak, and he almost choked on it. How hard it was to call anyone sister, not when the ones he was a blood brother to lay dead in a far away land. Why had it had to been them. Even as he was lost in thought, Alanna's own mind drew the images back up. The more he saw them, the more it became real. This time however he noticed something. Their bellies, swollen with foals the last time he had seen them alive..... Were smaller... Was it possible? Could there be two little ones wandering around trying to find family... To find him? Alanna's blue eyes flickered with hope, mirroring the brown ones of her bonded. He needed to live, if for nothing more than to find out what happened to those babies....

It was only then the words of the golden painted warrior reached his ears. A healer, yes... He did need one of those. "I should see one.. I have news to carry to whatever is left of the herd... But it can wait.." His tone carried the pain that time. Why had he not stuck closer to his sisters... Maybe then, none of this would of happened. Maybe then, Azale and Sakura would still be alive.... Who knew where Takara was... Probably dead too, consumed by the darkness. It was just him and Alanna, and just possibly two little foals that needed their uncle. He would have to find them... Even if it meant going back out there to look. I go, you heal Alanna's voice rang clear and he merely nodded.

The hellhound turned and shot out of the caves, going to pick up whatever scent she could within Helovia. Surely any foals would smell like their mothers still, right?

@[Cheveyo]

Aaron

Et Spiritus Sancti

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
quote quote

Lace is in the Shadowlands. He has to help him. Kaj is pacing, having left Kahlua safe within the caverns, despite how clear it was to him that she wanted him to remain with her. As much as he wanted to stay with her...he needed to keep his family safe. Lace may hate him, but he couldn't leave the grullo to fight the darkness alone. Couldn't let him be sacrificed to the curse of the wraiths. Exhaustion was seeping at his limbs, dragging him down like weights were placed upon his back. Everything hurt, he was sore and tired, and he just wanted to lay down and sleep. But he couldn't. Didn't think he would be able to until he knew his family was safe. Title meant nothing to him. Blood and love were far stronger than any crown upon his head. Hooves clicked in discordant rhythm across the stone towards the hole leading out. Jerky, nervous. Anxious. He had to get Lace. He had to...

Soft words brought him off course. Words that meant nothing to him, but a tone that he knew well. Aaron. Breath stilled in his lungs as he remembered Vikram stopping him, remembered the terror in the eyes of Kimber and Smoke as they fled, Zaffre a blue speck in the sky. What about Azale Moniet? Sakura and Takara? He had to make sure they were alright. He remembered defending the pale child's honor, protecting her from the demons that sought to steal her away from her home. Aaron may hate him, but he had to make sure he was okay.

Turning, the moved quickly towards the spotted stallion, his hellhound running past him just as fast. Pale blues locked upon the Glazier, relief and anxiety clear on his features as he rushed forth to meet him. A marked and painted mare was beside him, a nameless face that Kaj would bypass for now. He had to ensure his family was safe first. Others could come later. "Aaron!" he breathed out, relief in his tone. Gracelessly he dropped to his knees, uncaring if he seemed the fool as he reached his muzzle towards him carefully. He understood, at least, in his relief, that Aaron still didn't have a preference for him. "Oh thank the Gods. Je bent goed. You're alright. When Kimber and Smoke left with Vikram...I thought you had gone with them."

Head hangs, wings limp against the cavern floor as he tries to breathe. "I was so worried...where are the others, brother? The little ones?" He looks around, as if he could have possibly overlooked them somehow. But the broken look on Aaron's face...the dead of his eyes..."No. No, no. Aaron...broer..." his voice is soft and whispered, and he tentatively raises a wing in hopes to move it to brush against Aaron's strong shoulder. He crawls forth on his shins, scraping them against the stone, uncaring. Memories of his sister bring forth a grimace of pain on his face, eyes wet and thick with tears that have not been shed in years. Aniela had been too young to die. She had taken her last breaths beneath his wing, and a single tear tracks down his golden face as he remembers her sweet face going still and slack.

"Please...please tell me it's not so. I cannot...I have already lost my sister, Aaron, please I cannot lose any more of my family." Now his voice is choked, Cheveyo a distant presence in his mind. Aaron is the one deserving of grief here, so why is he the one distraught? He is shameful, and disgusting, crying for the faes he had never gotten to know as deeply as Aaron. "Resplendence...I...you need a healer. Who is your friend? Can she retrieve her? I...I cannot leave you. I promised Smoke and Kimber I would never let you out of my sight again." Slowly his words grow stronger, trying to be the rock just in case Aaron ever needs to lean on him. Will he even accept Kaj's condolences? Was Kaj even correct in his assumptions? No...he had to be. He knew that look. Had seen it in his reflection for years after Aniela had passed. There was no mistaking the look of a brother who had lost his sister.

---
That was crap I am so sorry D: I was trying to write Kaj completely jumbled and distraught, but if it was TOO jumbled, I'm really sorry!

image credits
table by whit

Semper

Cheveyo
I went down, down, down as the flames went higher

"So it seems, sister" the stallion before her seemed to choke out the word sister as if it almost literally pained him to call someone such a name. She hadn't meant it as if she actually considered him to be a brother, she had no brothers. Nor any sisters that she was aware of, she had been separated from her parents and any family she had at such a young age that Cheveyo hardly even recalled what her own dam looked like...the mare could be standing in front of her saying her name and the lady warrior would probably still take a while to remember who exactly she was. Alas, she didn't know the painted stallion's story about family so maybe calling him brother had been a step too far over the boundaries that are normally set between strangers. Lowering her skull slightly the mare pulled her orchid orbs off of the stallion's two toned frame and instead looked at the wolfish form of the oddly hued she-dog. The brightness of her blue eyes was a little unnerving, but at this point she was a bit easier to look at than the stallion.
It wasn't long before her pools drifted to the stallion's knees at the mention of needing a doctor. The drip of the crimson liquid against the white of his limbs was so contrasting that she almost found it hard to focus on the blood or just on the leg. Shaking her skull the lady warrior asked the stallion if he would like her help in finding a healer to which he responded quite a bit quicker than expected. "I should see one.. I have news to carry to whatever is left of the herd... But it can wait.." All fell silent for a moment when suddenly the oddly colored canine leapt to her feet and ran back out into the realm of Helovia. And the sound of another equine making its presence rang loudly through the echoing walls of the tunnel to the sanctuary. "Aaron! Oh thank the Gods. Je bent goed. You're alright. When Kimber and Smoke left with Vikram...I thought you had gone with them." this new comer was of a dusty gold color and he could definitely run his mouth with the rest of them. Leaning back on her ivory dipped limbs slightly the mare shifted just enough out of the way that she couldn't be accused of interrupting or eavesdropping on the conversation between the two stallions that clearly knew each other.
The tone in the stallion's lyrics turned from excitement of seeing a familiar face to one of deep depression as he realized that someone wasn't with the painted stallion, Aaron. And it only grew worse as the winged brute continued on about how much family he had lost in the recent events, another reason that Cheveyo counted her blessings tenfold when it came to the fact that she had no family. There was no one that she had to keep tabs on and protect, only herself. Shaking her skull ever so slightly the mare allowed her attention to drift back fully to the two stallions once more, not surprised to hear the voice of the more talkative one once again. "Resplendence...I...you need a healer. Who is your friend? Can she retrieve her? I...I cannot leave you. I promised Smoke and Kimber I would never let you out of my sight again." Assuming that the "friend" mentioned was herself Cheveyo took a small step towards the duo, lowering her skull in a nod towards the golden dusted stallion. "I do not know of a Resplendence. I assure you that if you go to find her, your friend here will be in one piece when you return." Offering a comforting smile the lady warrior shot a glance at the painted stallion who's name she knew hoping that her offer was one he would be ok with.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Aaron] & @[Kaj]
Words;; Six Hundred and Fifty Four
OOC;; I was going to have her make her departure, but considering Kaj is going to be her future leader, I thought it would behoove her to remain for a little while.

Image Credits

please tag Cheveyo!!

Time seemed to stand still for Aaron as a familiar voice called out. Kaj.... Why of all the stallions of the herd did Kaj have to find him first. Inwardly he wanted to groan. But when the stallion spoke on Kimber, his heart fluttered. At least he knew he could still feel emotions. Aaron had started questioning if he could feel anything at all after this. "I wish we had found them." He simply stated. His voice still did not carry emotion in it. However he wanted to flee when Kaj asked about the little ones..... Sure they had not been so little.... But still....

Be it a look on his face of the emotionless state he seemed to be in, Kaj guessed what Aaron could not say. He merely nodded at first, before forcing his voice to come out. The sound was cracked, no emotion to it. It sounded awful to him, even without his bonded to tell him so. "We should of stayed here.... It's my fault...." He forced himself to look away, back out into the darkness. Alanna's emotions told him she was returning to his side. Something out there was sending her back to him in a hurry. "Wolves, and child birth.... I do not know if... Anyone else made it..." He could not hope that the foals made it, he would not hope for that. All he could do, was move on with his life.

As Kaj spoke again, he became awkwardly aware that the painted mare was still there. He merely looked up as her before speaking. "I am sorry, you have to meet us in this state.... The news I had to deliver is the deaths of two of my younger sisters." With that he turned to the stallion that Mirage had named a leader. "Please, go find Res. I will be fine here with Cheveyo and Alanna." As if called, the hellhound appeared at her bond's side. Things would be ok, because life had to go on.... Didn't it?

"Talking"

@[Kaj]
@[Cheveyo]

Aaron

Et Spiritus Sancti

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
quote quote

In his breast, Kaj's heart clenched as Aaron blamed himself. He knew how he felt, he knew the pain of guilt that did not belong on his shoulders. Kaj moved his wing to tentatively, hopefully, brush against the painted son's shoulder. Cheveyo was a distant thought in his mind as he leveled his pale blue gaze on the other male, expression understanding and sad. "It is not your fault, broer. Please know that." His voice was soft, lowered only to Aaron's ears, wishing he could take the pain Kaj knew so well from his shoulders. "All we can do is pray, and hope. I will visit the Wall. I will leave with you to look for them, if you ask of me." So unsure about Aaron's stance on prayers, on asking guidance from the Gods, he said no more on that particular subject. Instead he uttered soft promises, willing to follow Aaron into the blackness above if it meant helping him find the blood of his siblings left behind.

The hellhound came bounding to his bonded's side, but as Cheveyo spoke, Kaj's ears fell half-mast and he eyed her slowly. "I will be the judge of that," he spoke softly, a mix of distrust and awareness of the promise she offered in his tone, though a promise of pain lingered if he returned to find Aaron at all worse than when he left him. In all, appreciative of her willingness to help, but wary of her sincerity. He was leaving the well-being of his brother in her hands, how else was he supposed to sound? Of course he would not trust her directly, he had suffered too much already, he would not lose Aaron next. Legs strained momentarily and lifted him up to his hooves as he spoke, using his height to further emphasize the point he was trying to make. Sighing silently he shook his head, her kindly smile making it obvious to him that he was being far too protective. "I will return as swiftly as I can," he promised to the both of them. Wordlessly he looked towards Cheveyo, eyes silently beseeching her to keep her word and watch over his wounded brother. Once he was sure the message was received, he bowed his head and turned, the click of his hooves rapid as he ran from the caves to find Resplendence.

image credits
table by whit

Semper

Cheveyo
I went down, down, down as the flames went higher

Cheveyo watched carefully as an amusing look of annoyance flickered momentarily across the painted stallion's features when the deep vocals of the other stallion bounced through the passageway into their quite room. She didn't realize just how much the stone walls echoed until the massively winged stallion made his way into the clearing that surrounded the entrance to their rabbit holes. He was a regal creature that was for sure, his golden brown color, shockingly pale tresses paired with the large wings that were securely attached to his broad shoulders just added to the fact that he screamed ruler. Although, all she knew of the stallion currently was that he spoke quite a bit and he knew the painted Aaron. Swiveling her harks she listened to the words being exchanged between the two stallions, mesmerized by the sound of their deep tones hitting the stone walls and bouncing back to hit the eardrums of whoever was close enough to hear them.
Their conversation seemed to be going on and on about a few equines, maybe family members, that they hadn't seen hide nor hair of since the rise of the wraiths. Names that the lady warrior didn't recognize or fit to a face were tossed about easily before Aaron spoke up about wolves and childbirth. Two words that Cheveyo prayed had never been spoken in the same sentence, ever, a pang of sadness washed over her being as she thought of the poor children and the ones that were apparently lost to the wolves. It was at this point that she decided to stop being awkward and step forward, possibly even force herself into a small part of the conversation. Clicking her tongue mindlessly against the roof of her mouth as ivory dipped limbs moved her frame a few steps closer to the two stallions when Aaron's attention shifted back to her for a moment or two. "I am sorry, you have to meet us in this state.... The news I had to deliver is the deaths of two of my younger sisters." Suddenly her mouth felt drier than ever before.
Cheveyo knew the feeling of losing a loved one all too well, she also knew that there were no words that would be able to mend the pain that the painted stallion was feeling at the moment. Nodding softly in understanding to the stallion she reached out her rosy maw a bit in his direction in hopes that he would allow her to touch his neck in the gentle way that she hoped would be at least a tad bit comforting to him. It was around that time that she heard the golden stallion talk of her going looking for some mare that she didn't know. At that rate, with the amount of bodies shuffling about in the caverns, it would be easier if she used her little knowledge of healing to fix his knees. Once she voiced that she didn't know the other mare she could feel the stallion's eyes on her as if he were judging her ability to keep his comrade safe for a short period of time, offering a gentle smile the mare nodded slightly. The painted lady understood his distrust in the mare who he didn't even know, but then Aaron spoke up once again. "Please, go find Res. I will be fine here with Cheveyo and Alanna." As the she-wolf's name was spilled into the air the beautifully hued creature appeared at her bonded's side as if he had pulled on some kind of leash to get her back in her spot. It was then and only then that the winged beast stood up a little straighter and spoke. "I will return as swiftly as I can," as he spoke his pools drifted back over to her own orchid colored pools a silent plea to keep his brother safe before he dissapeared down the hallway in search of the healer mare.
Watching the stallion until he was no longer visible, the painted mare flicked a hark towards her new acquaintance and flashed a grin before parting her kissers to speak. "Is he always that talkative?" A light chiming laugh fluttered from her vocal chords as she turned to look at the stallion, she didn't mean to be rude about his friend. But it was clear that there was a bit of tragedy going on in the stallion's life that would probably need some alleviating.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Aaron] & @[Kaj]
Words;; Seven Hundred and Forty Two
OOC;; How much longer would you like to keep this going Em? We can have them bump into each other in the Edge if you are keeping him there.

Image Credits

please tag Cheveyo!!