the Rift

[OPEN] Secrets Found Between [Alysanne]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

It was a weird sensation to be underground within the cool earth but at the same time it was almost soothing, if you excluded the darkness that is. Everytime she came to a dark cavern she feared what would be waiting to attack hidden within the darkness. She much prefered the light to the dark now if only there was a way to get it down here then it would be perfect. Above ground the snow had began to fall with the change in season making things appear less intimidating than they actually were. There had been times when she had been tempted to venture out of the sanctuary but the fear of the haunting creatures kept her beneath the safety of the ground. When the herd had been intact she had felt almost like she could potentially belong but now that things had dissipated she was lost all over again.

There were many of them crowded within the caves and it made her feel claustrophobic. It was nerve wracking enough when she had to be around others she did not know by her own choice, this was just madness. Sleep had not come in many nights as her nerves ran in high gear letting her memories take over to haunt her every living moment of sleep. At least being outside she could manage to find somewhere safe and alone but down here it was near impossible without entering into the darkest parts of the system.

Since she seemed to spend 99% of her time awake not exactly by choice she preoccupied herself trying to gain more knowledge about the herbs that Res had taught them about. Most had been found on the outside so down here she wasn't exactly sure what was useful and what was poison. Sighing softly she wedged herself into a vacant spot that was furthest away from the others as possible.

TAGS: @[Alysanne]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: Sorry for crappy starter

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

Alysanne felt safe down here, safe as she could. She spent most of her time with the mosses and the trees in that one particular cavern, finding the most comfort there. It was the closest she could get to her true happy place, to be surrounded by sunlight and birds and flowers as she wasted away an afternoon with her friends. It had not been that long ago but it felt like another life. Her wings, as little as she used them, itched to be stretched but there was so little space down here. She had to do what she could, moving them out a little bit throughout the day – stretching them out ever so slightly when the chance presented itself.

At least the physical pain was a relief from what was storming through her mind. Wandering helped too, to push it from her waking thoughts (which only worsened the fact that it would attack her later on). She couldn’t forget his face, his voice, taunting her in the dark – and everywhere it was dark here.

Except there, a light patch in the shadows – a light patch she knew. “Brisa!” Those sleepless nights, those nightmares, evaporated and she felt lighter just being in the presence of the white mare. Wasting no time she moved forward, not thinking that maybe she was here to get some alone time (it was so precious in the crowded caves). It had been a relief to see her at the meeting with Resplendence where they learned about herbs and what they could be used for, but seeing her again brought that relief back. “I was so happy to see that you were safe at the meeting.” The confession comes easily as she stepped forward to touch her muzzle to that of the other mare - a smile forming just as easily - the easiest thing since the last time they had seen each other.

Emerald eyes look her over, searching for signs of struggle or anything that told her that anything was wrong. She looked a little tired, perhaps, and that was certainly worrisome. “How are you?” A pointless question, more or less. How were any of them doing? But she so wanted to know, wanted to make sure that everything was okay with the friends she could find.

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit

@[Brisa]
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Having been cured by Lena, the monster that had been Kahlua was gone. And now, having been saved by Kaj, she was safe within the caverns. All in all, she was less than thrilled about being here and the girl was having a hard time keeping her token smile on her face. Every time she was alone, every time she drifted away from a friend, she was left with the lingering feeling that the monster she had met in this place before would return. She was afraid that she would turn the corner and find him there, ready to make her experience her worst fears again and again, watch her family burn, watch herself be utter isolated from everyone and everything, left to die in the void of space. She shuddered. It was no wonder the girl couldn't smile- not when she was going to sleep each night with nightmares.

But perhaps today, if it was even they day, being so hard to tell while she was underground all the time, would be a better day. It certainly seemed so, when the wandering paint heard a voice- a voice that she knew. And there the smile came back, the smile that was so hard to find when she was alone, and she picked up her pace, ears perked, head moving this way and that, trying to find where they were coming from. After all, it was so hard to know, with things echoing off the stony walls all the time.

But then, her head turned a corner, and there they were, shoved into the back of the room, hidden away in the farthest recess, and Kahlua practically bounded to them, her face alight in excitement and wonder. Brisa was safe, Aly was back. Perhaps Kaj had been right. Perhaps this was where she was supposed to be. “Aly! I didn't think you'd come back,” she said, probably a little too loudly, as she tried to throw her neck across the mare's. And, admittedly, she was rather happy to see Aly still wearing her tiara. “And Brisa, I've missed you,” she continued, babbling on, moving over to try and assault Brisa with her hugs this time.

And still, all the while, she was hoping they did not hate her for what she had been, if they knew. And it probably showed on her face. But how could she be sad with them around? It was impossible.

OOC| Thread crashing like a champ, hope you don't mind!!
Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

No sooner had she found a semi quiet place which was rather rare with all of them crammed in here like a sardine tin, did a familiar voice called out her name. The sleepless part of her brain groaned but the rest of it overrode it and was thrilled to finally see a familiar face. Lifting her head the beautiful pegasus otherwise known as Alysanne came bounding up to her. A soft wicker escaped her throat as she graciously returned the friendly greeting. Her previous darkened mood temporarily forgotten as happiness found her cold heart once again. Everytime she met her she was always so lively and full of life, it was such a nice change from the gloomy moods most others around here seemed to have lately.

"I was pleased to see you as well, I have missed you." She commented softly smiling. "Things have been a little rough but I'm doing as best as any of us can be given all of this going on. Have you been well?" Having heard the words leave her mouth movement caught her eye as she focused the joyous mare Kahlua came running up to them her own smile plastered to her face. The three musketeers back together again, she thought happily it was a much overdue reunion between the group of friends.

Listening as she spoke her greetings she couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her throat as Kahlua nearly barreled them both over with her hugs. Oh how she had missed both her two friends, it had been far far too long. "I'm glad you are both safe and here now why did it take so long!" She joked brightly enjoying the company and the companionship. It was so much better than slinking along alone in the shadows just trying to stay alive. If only the feeling would never leave, it would make her the happiest girl in the world.

TAGS: Kahlua, Alysanne
MUSE: Great
NOTES: Love the thread crashing ^^ You should do it more often haha

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

The soft smile lighting up the eyes of the grey mare, who never looked so beautiful as she did standing out in this unfamiliar crystalline cavern, further increased Alysanne’s joy. Understandably, not everything had been sunshine and roses but at least Brisa was here and safe and no worse off than anyone might expect! But the Pegasus had not been thinking ahead, because soon the question was returned. Had she been well? “Well…” There, for a brief moment, the smile fell away and she stumbled over how to answer the question. It was a simple question, but the answer was far from simple recently. Alysanne had never been that good at lying, even when it was kinder than the truth.

“No” would be the simple answer to the question posed – but she was momentarily saved from answering the question by the arrival of a black and white bundle of joy.

Kahlua!

A delighted chuckle escaped her as she allowed Kahlua to hug her, returning the gesture and breathing in the comforting scent of her friend. “Oh Kahlua, of course I came back! I promised I would. This is my home, after all.” If she had felt that way before, being reunited with her friends only solidified it. Though, her eyes catching on the crystal cavern around them, she added with a light laugh. “Well maybe not this particular place, but now that you’re both here it certainly feels a little more like home.” She had spent too much of her time in Helovia worrying about one thing or another. Now she was being relieved of a little more of that weight.

“Did you make it out alright?” Again, as she did with Brisa, she looks over the black and white mare before her for signs of injury or struggle. Of course she was here, which maybe answered the question on it’s own… but then what was that odd look on Kahlua’s face? “Miykael and I went back to the Edge but…” Well, surely they knew. She shook her head to get rid of the image of not-Aurelia, of Miykael getting infected… Maybe she wasn’t ready to talk about this, maybe she should change the subject. So after trailing off, she made up for it in a rather quick manner as she brought something else up – something that could maybe keep the smiles on everyone’s faces for a bit longer. “Oh by the way, I told my son all about you guys – Aunt Brisa and Aunt Kahlua. Tried to convince him to come back with me but there’s a certain filly that’s caught his attention – just couldn’t tear the two of them away from each other.” She rolled her eyes good-naturedly, feeling alright with the fact that they were separated now that she knew he was safe. She did still dream of a day when her friends and family might all live together, but for now it was enough to know that everyone was safe and – she hoped – happy.

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Hugs wrapped around necks were a therapy the girl had been needing for too long, especially from these two that warmed her heart. So it was no surprise to the girl that as soon as they were together, words started flying, voices filling the air, hardly seconds between a question and an answer given. There was so much to share, so much to catch up on, and the three of them had been apart so long. When was the last time Kahlua had even seen Brisa, so busy as they all had been? And as they all jostled around, greeting one another in their own way, Kahlua began to feel normal again, if only for a few moments. Even Brisa's comment- why did it take so long- went more or less unnoticed by the painted girl. Yes, in that moment, Kahlua was brilliant. All of them were.

And Aly's voice then, mentioning her promise that she would return, only made Kahlua's smile wider, her eyes dance more brightly, her body practically wiggle in joy. Between her ears, the scorpion automaton shifted and swayed, trying to keep itself balanced and hooked into her hair, but Kahlua paid it no mind, even as it whined and smoked. But all joy has to be damped by darkness at some point. Did you make it out alright? Kahlua took a deep breath, her smile fading, the brightness in her eyes floating again, as she sighed and shook her head. “It was terrible,” she murmured. “I was a monster... I attacked Aaron! And so many others...” And she looked between them both, once again trying to find strength within their gazes. She was nothing without her friends, nothing but a spineless, frightened child. “Lena healed me. Can you forgive me?” Her voice was pleading, begging, groping in the cavern for a yes, an ounce of understanding that she could not help herself and had been driven by some awful desires that had not been her own.

But, like she always knew how to, Aly also had good news, and Kahlua clung to it, trying to find her happiness again. Aunt Kahlua. She was no child-lover, no mother figure at all, but the idea that Aly loved her enough to call her Aunt to her son... it was what she needed to hear, and in a moment her smile settled happily back onto her face. “I'm sure you rasied a fine son,” she offered finally with a smile and the beginnings of some laughter, trying to force herself to be happy again. If she had thought of it, she might have wondered how it was that it was always she that was getting into trouble, and then announcing them to the world, while Aly and Brisa seemed to live so peacefully. But perhaps there was more to their stories than they had shared with her yet. The world was always so full of secrets.
Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post