the Rift

Hello? HELLO? Where's the herd? (open)

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"Hello? HELLO? Anybody alive in here. I thought unicorns were supposed to live here," Tillas, or Tilly as she preferred, stomped one silver cloven hoof. The beauty rolled her sparkling blue eyes, sniffing loudly. "Humph. Better service could definitely work here." Tilly was more than a bit of snob, being worshiped at her old home and used to a life of luxury. She liked everything to be handed to her on a silver platter, but didn't mind doing some dirty work. Her silver tongue usually came in handy for this. Tilly sighed, rolling her eyes again. After listening to too many conversations to count from, ugh, horses she had heard a few snippets about unicorns. And how they lived on this foggy clifftop. Couldn't they have chosen something a little better, honestly? Tilly eyed the wide open spaces around her again. Nothing. If somebody could come get here, she could explain she wanted to join the herd. She was also interested to see if they had anything against horses. Wouldn't it be lovely to watch them scream as they died? And she could gore them with her silver horn. That would be amazing.

Ajax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Ajax had been dozing in the warm afternoon sun,when he heard a mare speaking in a soft,inquiring voice.It had been a long,tiring adventure with a mare and stallion that had made him "half-dead"as he called,meaning he was too tired to lift a hoof.But alas,his curiosity overpowered him,and he got up to search for who had spoken.He saw the mare near a leafy tree.A pretty young thing,as Diedre would have called her,giggling as she spoke.Diedre,Ajax's mate,loved to giggle.But she wasn't obnoxious in doing it,like most mares were."Hello,"he said."Looking for someone?"

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
The Edge had not been the mare's home long, and she would entertain the thought of hoping it was to be her last. That she couldn't say. It would be nice not to have to restart her life again. Right now she knew little of the inhabitants here except they were all unicorns. She really wanted to change that, but as she walked through the ancient timbers, catching snippets of their trails she could never catch up to their bodies. She was diligent, her dark pillars dragged her further along, she kept her ears tipped for the beating of other steps. Again nothing. A furrow of her brow, she shrugged her shoulders, lowering her muzzle to grab at the thin blades of grass. She was getting back a healthy glow to her charcoal pelt, she often felt like she could never eat enough. It was because of winter on the way, or was this what she would do with her new found freedom? Gorge herself? She half snorted, a smirk twisting her lips at the notion.

Continuing to graze, and walk in an aimless manner like a drifting cloud with out a care of the world the border of the kingdom was not far off. Since joining she had not came back here, because she had not been ready. It was amazing what time, and different place could cure. Her fears were faint to what they had been, and she was returning to her old self. Ivory teeth clipped away she was certain she heard others in the distance. Was someone else coming to join them? Was the first thought to enter her mind, but what if it wasn't? Asked the voice of doubt. She was no warrior, but she should check it out. With haste she chose direction, and trotted quickly to see who was about.

Dark eyes fell upon a solid black stallion, and a young mare of fleshy white. She did not assume they were together, but were certain they were not a part of the Edge. They hung back, waiting, and as her silver hooves touched the ground she realized she should probably call for backup. She only knew two, and she wasn't sure what was protocol. Did they allow trespassers? Wasn't the King busy? She became a couple horse spaces away, her dropped downward to a halt. She jerked her nose upward, tossing her crimson mane from her eyes to better study them."Better manners may bring a comrade," she answered in an even alto tone, her obsidian eyes flickering between the pair. The stallion she easily looked in the eye, while the mare seemed like a wisp of flesh and bone.

Unregistered
Tillas looked at the two horses. She was in a bad temper, but she held her tongue. The red-maned unicorn had a point, she supposed. "I'm Tillas. I wanted to join the herd. Is there anybody I'm supposed to talk to, or something like that?" With an enormous effort she put charm into her words. Let's see if it would work. "I've travelled for a long time, and I'm really hoping to settle down. I heard that unicorns lived in this area, and so here I came." Tillas sighed, shaking out her silver mane. She remembered her old home, with the strange people. But at least they had groomed her silky coat and woven flowers to her white mane, fed her the longest green grass and prayed to her like a god. Well, she was nearly one in that one, one of the ten unicorns left alive after a long and bloody battle with... what was it? Something that didn't exist here. Something powerful and slippery, sneaking past rows of humans desperately trying to protect their gods and goddesses.

Hidden Account
Sica

The stallion drifted off, before she could say more. She watched him go, momentarily before feeling like it didn't matter. One less unicorn to think about was fine with her, and if he was truly interested he could always return. Attention upon the pale mare, she could sense her thinning patience, and kept her lips sealed so she may speak her part. Her triangle ears angled upon the mare, and she only blinked thoughtfully as she spoke. When it came to the question, Faelene did not answer right away. She knew for certain Mauja accepted or denied such requests, but besides him she wasn't sure. She was quite new herself, and not yet costumed to the Edge and it's workings.

She confessed of her long journey, and her want for a home of unicorns Faelene had remembered how she had wanted the same thing. Who was she to deny her a chance? She wasn't anybody, not really to keep her from trying. She had collected her emotions, asking a little more politely about things. Letting her shoulders relax, she kept silver hued eyes on Tillas. "Only unicorns live here, in World's Edge, and King Mauja will have to decide if you may remain," she responded matter of fact, being nice but to the point. The next thing to do was to let the King know there was someone here,wanting. Charcoal colored nostrils took a deep pull of air, readying her lungs. Then the mare turned her snout toward the forest, letting out a deep yet feminine call for her King to meet the wanderer.

Sunchaser's account is on temporary ban I am going to act like Ajax left, if that works for you. If not just message me to change. And try to keep your post at least 100 words :)

Unregistered
(ooc: okay. and only just realized it was under 100. my computer is somewhat broken and can't always highlight things, so I have to go by some guessing. and okay, that sounds good)

Tillas watched the black mare carefully as she seemed to think over Tillas' answer. It must have been deemed acceptable, as the mare replied, "Only unicorns live here, in World's Edge, and King Mauja will have to decide if you may remain," Excellent. More unicorns to impress. Hahaha. Not. But Tillas remained silent, struggling to close her mouth. The mare watched as the charcoal unicorn breathed in deeply, and let out a bugle, a deep but feminine call. Lovely. Tillas blinked again, and wondered who in the world was King Mauja.

"So who is King Mauja?" She asked. The porcelain pale mare sighed to herself. She was exhausted, in an irritable sort of mood, and would love to settle down for a good long sleep. She hadn't slept well at all alone when travelling.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
It was a voice he did not recognize. It was a voice that shook the earth in the way all Edge members' did, alerting him, whether awake or asleep, that his presence was requested. Definitely feminine in its qualities, he pegged it as a mare, and not one he knew all too well. As of late there had been several newcomers, many of them mares, so it was nothing strange that he did not know them and their calls. Some had never had occasion to cry out for him, so how was he then to know? Even if he required each and every one of them to shout the first time he met them, he'd not be able to remember it all - and, their cries seldom sounded the same up close as they did when far away. So it was pointless, and he was left mystified as he easily navigated the forest, drawing closer to the pair. The scent of the mare Descaro had brought home grew stronger, as well as the one of a stranger, and as Mauja finally became silhouetted in the fog, so did they; one tall and slim, shimmering and pearly white, the other slightly shorter and stockier, midnight black with tresses of blood red. Faelene, his mind whispered, and approved of what he saw.

Not having heard what they had been talking about, Mauja effortlessly glided up to them, moving his legs but the motion lost in the swirl of mist around his striped, frost-covered hooves. A deep whicker rumbled in his chest and he reached out to gently touch Faelene's black neck, gratitude evident upon his face. "You called?" he asked of her, voice smooth and soft, and after a heartbeat his ice-colored gaze swept onto the lissome stranger. A silver horn sat proudly upon her brow, and inwardly he approved, but his outward expression remained neutral but curious, hesitant to judge, hesitant to hope. Who was she, behind that glossy coat? Was her heart like a red rose, romantic and frivolous, blind to the glory of her race, or was it swept in black satin? Only time would tell...
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Hidden Account
Sica

The younger mare managed to hold her tongue, and a brow half rose wondering if it was so difficult to mind her manners. None the less Faelene was grateful for that. She rather not deal with attitude, and it proved maybe Tillas was not so unwise. One intelligent act did not mean everything. The covers that were worn could only speak so much of the layers beneath. Faelene was not curious about those layers, except for one reason; she didn't want to call for the King to greet a whining, arrogant, and ungrateful trespasser. Everyone's time was precious, and she had noticed the herd numbers growing, he probably had so much to do and so little time. With no one to advise her if her move was wise, she let her judgement settle, and her mind ease. What was done, could not be changed and they would have to wait and see if he could make the call.

The charcoal cloaked maiden, had hoped to wait in silence. A question popped out of the more ashen damsel's mouth. "So, who is King Mauja?" Faelene could not answer that question, because she did not know herself. It first occurred to her as a question with such a wide horizon of answers. Dark mask became thoughtful, and she shifted her weight amongst her thick pillars. Who was Mauja the Frostheart? She seemed to ask herself, collecting everything she knew. The list was very short. She could describe his appearance, but not who he was. And it bothered her. She wasn't about to stand, gawking off like some dope, pondering the universe. That would take all eternity. A hint of a smile on her velvet lips she answered,"That you will have to figure for yourself." And I... she miserably added in her thoughts.

Her mind was going to pick itself apart, trying to think how she would even begin to know the King she served who undoubtedly had better things to do, when she heard distant movement in the forest. Ears cast back, and she turned her head around to see who was upon them. She was greeted by a masculine tone, silver irises meeting one of icy blue, a single puff of warm breath upon her neck. She caught his silent expression, and it eased her to see it. She had done the right thing. Though she would not admit it, she was always waiting for anger, for harshness but this King had yet to show her any of that. "Yes," she answered, letting her eyes fall upon Tillas. "I found a weary traveling interested in finding a more permanent home." She gave brief description, feeling that Tillas could introduce herself, and request what she may.

Unregistered
Tillas held still, her white body with silver ripples stiff and locked. Her dark, sapphire blue eyes betrayed no sign of her racing mind. For one thing, the King was far more handsome than she anticipated. He wore a coat of snow, formed and fitted to his muscled, strong build. His ear tips were coated in coal, and a scattering of black spots marred his white body. It seemed he, like Tillas, held pride in his mane and tail, for it fell long, thick, and lush, without any tangles. Her nostrils flared, catching the scent of cold and winter crackling around him like a maelstrom. There was power in him, an ancient grace, and the taste of the moon upon his skin, perhaps shown most obviously by the frost on his hooves and long, icy alicorn. The pale King's eyes were also notable, a blue the color of ice. They betrayed no emotion. The white mare didn't say a word, instead gathering and collecting her thoughts. Common sense told her she needn't be hasty- being rude would not help her case to the King, no matter how pretty she may be. Finally, the mare managed to create a couple of sentences, that should be convincing. If she actually stayed with the herd... no point in starting things off badly.

"My name is Tillas. I come from a land far from here, where unicorns were worshipped and treated as gods, so please, if I am unaware of any customs, tell me so. I understand that here, the land has truly powerful beings that are gods and goddesses. Due to a wildfire, I was driven away from my land, and became a traveler. It was a long route to Helovia alone, and even longer to the World's Edge. I would welcome companionship and safety, as my hooves have grown weary and I am tired of running from predators, or turning to fight them if I must." Tillas paused, inhaling a deep breath. "I humbly ask to join your herd- I know I may seem like no one able to do anything, but my words are soothing and can be persuasive if you have any need for them. I can be what I believe to be a great diplomat or negotiator, but I am no weak mare who cannot fight. Not that I believe you would harbor any weak unicorns here. I can fight, I can speak, I can protect. I would willingly give my life for unicorns," Tillas stopped. She wondered if he had picked up on the subtle use of only unicorns.

(ooc: I was wondering if she could join the Plague? She hates equines and other horses!)
Ascended Helovian

Sorry for the wait! And, she's more than welcome to join the Plague, so we'll see if this thread presents an opportunity for her to find out about it. ^^ And if not, we'll solve it some other way. :D

Being scrutinized was nothing new for the King, and all he did was shift his weight slightly to settle more comfortably. If he imagined it, he could nearly feel her deep blue gaze rove across his body, drinking in the build of his muscles and the irregular pattern of his spots. To his male ego, it was pleasing to have a mare look you all over. It meant that you weren't so ugly they had to turn away immediately. Beside him, Faelene gave him a quick briefing of the situation before falling silent. Together they waited for this stranger to state her piece, and as with all newcomers, he wondered where she came from - who she was, who she'd been, why she was here. Happy stories didn't lead to one forsaking one's home. And so, she launched into her story and his ears flitted forward, listening eagerly but not moving from his perch beside the shorter black mare. Tillas was her name, and a dreamy smile flashed across his face at the mention of worship - if only they had such a pleasant culture here... Alas, being racist had you hammered into the ground, and the simple fact that his herd consisted only of the horned seemed enough to irk others. Wasn't it his choice, who wished to spend his days with?

She used the word unicorn a lot, and he wondered what it meant, coming from her like this - coupled with the fact that she was used to being worshiped, it sounded like she might have her heart down the right road in life, but he was not one to trust the word of random strangers. She smelled of no herdland here, so the story about traveling was true, but who knew? He gave the slightest of nods, mulling over her words and what to tell her. "Welcome, Tillas, to the World's Edge. I am Mauja. Only unicorns reside in this forest, though there is a wolf who is willingly guarding our borders." He inhaled deeply again, letting it out in a thoughtful sigh. "Things are a bit different here, I'm afraid. The majority of Helovia's inhabitants are of the opinion that we're all one and the same, and those who think otherwise are treated with open hostility." He didn't know what Faelene thought of all this - if she was a racist, or just one of the residents here. He didn't know most of his herd as well as he liked to, but he didn't even know where Aurelius' heart lay. "So, even if you believe yourself above others, broadcasting it is a bad idea." So far he had not given away too much of his own opinion. Mauja always trod carefully, and he glanced at Faelene, trying to gauge her reaction to all of this. He liked the odd mare, and hoped that she would be welcoming to these ideals around which Tillas and Mauja skirted.

Unregistered
"A wolf? Surely..." Tillas was about to add 'not' before switching tacks. "There must be an interesting story behind that," Her long silver tail flicked up onto her flanks, brushing away a stray fly. Taking a step forward, she shifted her body language. Her silver head dipped down, her gray nose brushing her left flank, lifting one right leg forward elegantly. Then she returned to her former stance, after the bow. Blinking her deep sapphire eyes, Tilly lifted her head. "I do understand that only unicorns are allowed then?" Tilly sought desperately for the right words. How could she explain she had heard rumors of other herds, saying that the unicorns were behind illness, a special 'Plague', crippling pain, and death. If she were wrong, however... Whatever. She would put an end to her worrying mind. Tilly was not one to beat around the bush, even though her gilded tongue may have helped her. "Forgive me, but I've heard of rumors of a... plague. Seeking destruction of horses and pegasi. And if so, I would not be..." Delicately! Carefully, carefully, Tillas chided herself. She tossed her head, taking a step back on her cloven silver hooves. "Against it. It would make me a little more at peace to know the answer, King. I worry to upset anyone, perhaps 'accusing' them of..." The white mare trailed off, uncertain of how to continue. She glanced towards the black unicorn mare. Was she aware of this? Please, sire and dam, grace my words with need and worry, so I am not to fall to harm by these two. "I apologize for my uncertain words. I am confused by this country and certainly do not want to upset any by saying I have no like or love of other species, not the way I care for unicorns. If anything, I have something against them, King Mauja, and since I have heard rumors, I thought perhaps you might as well."

(ooc: she's worried of upsetting them! and also Faelene said I could post before her, just so you know)

Hidden Account
Sica

It did not slip by her the way Tillas drank Mauja in, and Faelene had to do her best to hide a smirk. Sure he was pleasant on the eyes, and in nature, she could not deny that. She found it odd how the females acted round him. She assumed the word King had a lot more to do with it then she would want to believe, but kept the thoughts to herself. She was merely there out of support for her herd, and to fill her own silly questions; if Tillas would make the cut, mind her tongue.

When the pale mare began to speak, Faelene had to make sure she was not staring with open mouth. Worshiped? Of all things. This was the diversity she was to see. The Kingdom Tillas had come from the horned were treated like gods, while Faelene had been lucky to be counted above dirt. The dark mask upon her face was nothing but interest, steel colored eyes collected with the rest of her while she listened to the rest of her story. She would not confess, she was more impressed by this than she had thought to be. Maybe, it wasn't such a long shot for Tillas to be part of the Edge. Again she had an inkling it was because of Mauja, and the fact Tillas had been thought highly of in her homelands.

There was something too it all when he spoke, the tone in which his words were spoken. The way icy eyes sided to her, as if waiting for something to be confirmed. She was not sure what to say. Did she believe unicorns were better, the race above? She had never been raised to believe, she had actually had it hammered into her head to believe they were nothing. Young as she was she had never fallen for the lies, it had caused the opposite. She saw too many of her kind tortured, and used. How worried the masters were when they lost control of their slaves. All because they were afraid. Afraid to be at the bottom where they had always been.

Embraced in her past thoughts the first trading sentences slipped by her, until she had said unicorns for the umpteenth time. It irked her she was testing the first information Faelene had given her, she did not act on it. Her mind was still pushing thoughts upon her. She had never questioned only horned ones here, she had thought each species took to their own kind. Perhaps not? A brow quirked, briefly letting her eyes rest to his, before to the mare. She was in two places at once, her head trying to catch up to what her ears were hearing. Could this be true? She wasn't sure if she should be delighted or disturbed. If she was to assume what this mare was applying it was Mauja might know. Would he admit even if he did?

Trying to rein herself in on the matter, she felt being silent would not do. Slowly her eyes drifted upward."Tillas, you know what they say about rumors; there is always a thread of truth." It was then she would look to the King. "Right?" She would inquire, clearly asking what she was missing, wanting to know almost as bad Tillas for it to be true. A momentarily flicker of desperation would be in her eyes with past pain and suffering.

-if she edits hers, I'll redo this.
Ascended Helovian

"There is," he agreed coyly, nearly tasting the unspoken words she hid behind elegant lips. Curious as he was he found no polite way to pry, and besides, he wasn't even sure if she was just being a bit hesitant and always this awkward when speaking, or if she was truly weighing every word as heavily as it seemed. And if she did not speak all of her mind, neither would he just give her the story she nearly asked for; after all, was he not one to play with others, harmless as it is, though? She bowed, and he hid the grimace threatening to break through. Mauja did not appreciate an excessive use of his title, nor excessive, flourishing shows of 'respect'. Bowing took no more than lowering your head, whichever ways you added eloquence mattered not. Respect did not come from a bow. Respect came from knowing, seeing, evaluating and finding worthy: respect came with time and great deeds. This King preferred honesty and openness, and those who looked him in the eye. Perhaps she would learn. Some did. Aurelius had. There was hope, and he was not one to encourage this behavior, so perhaps in time they would get it. Still, he was far too polite to correct others on how they behaved, since they probably though that they were being polite. That he was the odd one out was hardly their fault.

And oh boy, she really was adamant about this unicorn thing. "Yes," he simply said, not seeing the need to elaborate further. Had Faelene not told her? Maybe not. Not all knew. Some knew but not why. It wasn't in Mauja's best interest to let everyone know the plans he harbored. And so he merely smiled, a grimace which turned to cold stone the next time she opened her mouth. Eyes that had danced with remnants of sun's warmth turned to glacial ice, a clear shift in his demeanor which indicated she trod on very, very thin ice. He did, however, not interrupt. He needed to know what the rumors said. What they knew of the Plague. Of course, a few no-name victims had fallen, newcomers no one would miss. But on the other hand, d'Artagnan had tried to offer his services to the Foothills, with little success.

Oh, well. Their loss - for now.

Silence was her only answer for a while, something heavy and cold to it, but Faelene filled in. Clever. "There is truth even in lies," he murmured, weighing the situation. It would be good to know where Faelene stood on the matter... but what if Tillas was nothing more than a spy? He allowed his gaze to remain unchanged, even though he could not trust her - yet. The fact that she knew something bothered him. "Where did you hear this rumor, hm? How many conclusions did you jump to yourself?" If it was sort of - widespread... then damn, they had a leak. If it was just wild speculation - which he sincerely hoped it was - then they were safe. Who wouldn't gossip and create tales about dark brotherhoods in the depths of ancient, mysterious forest, when its current herd consisted only of unicorns, and the King itself looked like something from a fairytale? With all the accusations already being thrown about by a certain Foothills herd, it was no wonder if such tales had sprung up.

The Plague hasn't really done enough IC to warrant any sort of rumor-mongering, especially not in terms of illnesses (I assume it's okay to assume that they've done minor mischief where they could absolutely get away with it), buuut since it's just rumor, it's okay. Though, I'd prefer if it was just down the lane of wild speculation, because otherwise it'll be something I have to deal with within the Plague and somehow create characters who "know" something of it in Helovia and it'll be a bit of a hassle to fix, since it never really happened :P

Unregistered
Tillas, frustrated with the endless circles they were going in, inhaled deeply, swishing her tail across her pearl-white flanks. The mare itched to stamp a cloven hoof, but she ignored the urge, instead trying to focus on acting mature. She half-closed her sapphire eyes, and answered as smoothly and calmly as she could muster; "Much of it seemed to be wild speculation, by horses who seemed to have nothing else to do, if you are worried that you have some sort of secret organization and word has leaked out. Of course, I'm just throwing wild guesses here, and I'm sincere. But as it was, I've pledged an oath to myself to wipe out horses and pegasi, have their taint gone from this world that would be sweeter without them, and that is why I came to find out answers. I want to wipe them out, and if you have the means to do that, I want to help you. If I am wrong and I am about to be killed, I'm well aware I was foolish to blurt this all out like a young filly with a unicorn's horn pointed at her. I'm also aware of that my wants of death may clash with yours, which would be greatly unfortunate." Let's hope this ends what seems to be endless circling in this stupid conversation, Tillas thought to herself, thoroughly annoyed with how it was going. Her intuition's voice did not respond. Tillas looked up into Mauja's eyes, straightening up a little, half-prepared to flee at the sign of aggression. Then she swung her head to Faelene's face, trying to glimpse at her emotions. Nothing behind those dark eyes, despite the mare's experience with emotion.

[[ooc: Okay, I tried to fix that about the plague in this post. Hope it's okay :) Tillas is also a very impatient mare who does not like avoiding things. She wills everything to go her way.]]

Hidden Account
Sica
angry Faelene did not see this coming. :X

Tillas was more nervous then Faelene would have expected, was this also a bi-product of Mauja? Sure, he was King of these lands but Faelene had never seen him arrogant or demanding. He had greeted her politely in the same way he acted with his herd. She supposed she could almost feel empathetic, desperate for a new home, uncertain of new lands did not do well for wits or nerves. She had been lucky Descaro had found her, and only him. Surely, Tillas should be able to see they didn't know who she was nor her intentions either. They were being cautious.

Faelene waited for Mauja's input she noticed the shift in him hearing about these rumors. It would be the first time she saw the coldness chill across his features, and hoped it would be a rare sight to her charcoal irises. The spotted stallion did not do anything rash, he was calculating and to the point asking her where she heard such things. A quirked brow, and a set line to her lips she expectedly looked upon the creamy mare waiting to see if she could handle this better. What a mouthful she spoke, the red-haired lady's ears twitched now and then trying to hold onto to each word that spilled from her lips. Wild speculation, or a blinding hope? She would wonder, but keep her thoughts to herself. She could never spill such things from her as Tillas did. Especially openly telling them she wished to wipe other species off the face of the earth. Who in their right mind would sprout that off to strangers? Had Mauja just warned her it wasn't something to boast about? Trying best not to roll her eyes, and snort disapproval she let her ears lean back against her nape. It would be the only sign she was even paying attention to this spilling of guts.

When she had finished, she could not hold her tongue. A step closer, her eyes narrowed, and she tipped her horn closer, staring fiercely into those bright, blue eyes. "Sprouting your mouth off about wiping out entire species should never be taken lightly whether one agrees with you or not. I dare say you coming from a land being worshiped have no idea of what you want will cost. Have you ever felt each day could be your funeral if you made the wrong move? Have your eyes beheld a sick foal, lying in the gutters of garbage waiting to die and knowing you could do nothing for the child? Or have you tasted hot blood in your mouth, hearing death rattle beneath your hooves? I doubt you have, or encountered any discomfort expect in which traveling here, and not being fawned over. So if you feel you need to make a big production of your oaths, I suggest you come up with a damned good reason to act upon them or learn the costs of your wants to be taken seriously." There was no mistaking the dead serious of each syllabi. If it were not for her seeing red, she wouldn't have believed she had snapped like that. She had never risen up out of anger, not in a long time at least. The mare shifted backward, offering Mauja a single glance a tip of her muzzle, before walking away from the pair to cool off, and think. She wasn't sure if she could handle herself, or her new found temper. And she rather not make herself be more of a fool or pissy girl if she had not already. Maybe, she could talk the whole issue with Mauja when he had come to a decision.

[Faelene exits].

Ascended Helovian

That's fine. <3

It was with the same cold air as always, with the same collected face and sharp, scrutinizing eyes, which he took in the information. Complete stillness, something unnatural about it, overtook him; his withers did not twitch when a fly alighted atop them, his tail did not slap against his hocks as it so often did, nor did his blue eyes narrow in suspicion when the slim mare's tale was spilled. He simply remained stoic, statuesque, though even in his chest his heart was reeling from dismay and amusement. Tillas had changed tack completely, stopped skirting around the issue and instead dug her teeth deep into it. He could appreciate sincerity, honesty, but just as he was cautious, so ought she be - especially after his warning. Yet there she stood, vehemently proclaiming how she wished to wipe the other species out.

Well, he could sympathize with her. Majorly. He, most of the time, wanted the same thing, though he'd never quite made up his mind if he wanted absolute supremacy and no other blood alive, or if he wanted them alive, rebels in the forests, a reminder of the real threat. Otherwise, his horned kin might grow lax and rise against him. Those who strove for power were seldom fit to wield it, seeking to further their own gains. Where Mauja himself fell, he was not quite sure. Absolute power, like the one Monster had granted him, was not something he normally enjoyed. It was foreign, frightening, would so easily corrupt... And yet, how could he deny the sweet thrill of it, the complete, irrational obedience? He suppressed a shiver, focus snapping back, one ear rotating as Faelene cut in right after the other mare had finished. She had quite a piece to say, and in silence the monarch listened, drinking in the little hints of her past, her warnings; she did not say whether she agreed or not, but clearly it was something she felt strongly for. Giving more away than he had for the past minute or so, he turned his entire head to better watch the black mare. That Tillas seemed spoiled to some degree Mauja agreed with, but apart from that - had he himself ever felt like that? He had just felt the bitter wind biting into his skin from a young age, as much comfort as foe. He had felt his blood running hot and cold both, felt the cry of soldiers shake his soul in the dead of night. He had fought every step of the way, but he had never, really, been the underdog.

Blizzards...

His impassive eyes watched Faelene as she took her leave, stomping off. He appreciated the act of control, but remained silent for a moment longer before returning his attention to Tillas. "Talking passionately is the very reason that rumor existed in the first place," he told her quietly. "Had I not been the one I am, had I been of the mind that we are all equal, I would likely have done the hypocritical thing and run you through for thinking differently. In fact, I should do something to you just to hammer that lesson into your head. This is a dangerous land for those who think in such ways. I will give you one chance. One. Chance. But if I find you spouting your mouth off to strangers..." His eyes narrowed dangerously, voice trailing off in an unspoken threat. He could not have anyone ruining his plans, creating rumors by blabbing what he would have to officially call "nonsense". After a few seconds, his face softened into the beginnings of a smile, though something wary remained in his eyes, like the frost upon the flowers in early spring morning. "Behave, and you will prosper here."

It was a promise he dared make. Mauja was not about to fail and let his entire race down.