the Rift

[OPEN] prismatic explosion

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
She had taken to exploring the caves recently. Although she much preferred the outside world, there were just as many hidden treasures and experiences down here. She realized that maybe learning the crevices down here that she could encounter much less trafficked areas. The dark tunnel she had been walking through suddenly seemed to become translucent. A dull, faintly blue light emanated from below. It spread across the room like a dull heartbeat, it's cooling colors calming her spread mind. So much was going on, but here, she seemed to find a center. An audible sigh echoed, as the dark walls transformed into fantastic crystals. Greens, blues, light pinks and purple beat through them. The large structures providing a light show like she had never seen before. It was like the world had just melted into light, and was ensnaring her attention like web, trying to capture her heart.

Her equally glassy hooves clicked against the floor as she tried to move deeper. Winds and winds of mazes opened up before her. She stopped, and saw her refection ripple through the crystals. The short maze soon opened up to a large room. The floor was flat and crystal-like, a soft blue radiating from below. The walls ran up the side in thick sheets of a purple-ish pink color. From above, the sharp shapes bore a brilliant green. She stopped, her wings shifting excitedly at her side. Her blue eyes stared in wonder as she looked around. Never had she been in a place so brilliant!

@[Beowulf]
"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry
BEOWULF
"Lonely? I don't know. They tell me this is cold. I don't know what cold is, because I don't freeze"
</style>

Time and time again the giant boy found his way back to the light show. He could not forget that rare sighting at all. The lights beckoned his every inch of his hair to come, to play in the dazzling prism of colour. And he obliged without any second guessing. He would travel back here as many times as he pleased, or simply find refuge among the many crystals that adorned the floor, ceiling and cave walls. It truly was something so remarkable. The simple man could not keep away. He have to try and take a keepsake back with him, to hold his memories forever inside.
The place may have been a maze but he knew his way there without an issue. Soon finding himself right smack bang in the middle of it all. But for some reason, it all seemed so different, newer, brighter. Different colours even. The light shifted upon one rather large crystal cluster, it dimmed. No longer the harsh blue light it once held, but now a more gloomy, story kind of blue. Glancing around the Beast found himself utterly alone, glad, but also sad. He may not have liked being in the main caves because that's where everyone else dwell, there were too many and the smell. God that was awful. Too many equines in one place was not a good idea. But the Beast wanted to have someone to enjoy this moment with, to embrace it with a close companion. If it was at all possible, everything about the boy seemed to drop, to no longer hold the volume. His hair even seemed lifeless as he once again remember how lonely he had become since leaving his home. Perhaps it was just another case of homesickness.
Out of nowhere, a white winged Angel appeared, almost as if it were sent to him. He gasped in awe. How lucky he was indeed. This place truely was starting to become a favorite of his. Though something about this one, really reminded him of home. her coat as white as snow, eyes like ice. Even a snowflake symbol cast upon her almost perfect coat. Such a wondrous sight indeed. If he were to take back such a beautiful Angel, she would have blended into the surroundings so easily. "Such beauty doth you have. Thy must have fallen from the skies" He bowed so formally, so gentleman like.

"Speech"

Elsa was the queen of missing the obvious. She didn't even see the mysterious stallion until his voice rumbled out a compliment to her. She stood stunned for a moment. Compliments were never her thing, and responses to them, well, she never was eloquent with them. She stood and looked at the stallion in her moment of stunned silence, taking in his every detail. He was large, and by large, he was extremely large. Like.. large. It was actually kind of stunningly impressive. Never before had she encounter someone that big in size. He was a unicorn, the ascending size of horns on his head were nothing new, she had seen that pattern many times within her old guard back home. He was very hairy as far as hair standards go. He looked much like a mammoth, but not in a bad way. His only markings were the gold lines across his grey neck. It made her wonder where he came from. He was such a conglomeration of different traits.

She smiled, and offered a bow back to him, she delicately reached her glass hoof across the blue floor and folded the other one beneath it. Her wings extended ever so slightly from her sides to keep her balance as her soft muzzle met her knee. She pulled herself back up and smiled. It had been a long time since she had bowed so formally. A very long time. "Why thank you sir. My name is Elsa." She said rather awkwardly, not quite sure yet whether or not she should compliment him back. "Thank you for the compliment, I really do appreciate it." There, she brought it up, and now, she felt as if she couldn't compliment back because it would sound like a gimmie-complement. So there she stood, in awkward silence for another moment trying to figure out how to keep the conversation alive. He was quite interesting and she did want to know more about him. "So uhm.. come here often?" She glanced around the room. That was probably the most awkward thing she had said in ages. She was just one ball of awkward spinning out of control. You go Elsa, you go scare them boys away.

"Talking"
Elsa

BEOWULF
"Lonely? I don't know. They tell me this is cold. I don't know what cold is, because I don't freeze"
</style>

He was so entranced by the sheer beauty of the winged creature; No Being, creature seemed too disgusting, like she was not the beauty she radiated so well. The room just a meer fraction of the distraction with the Angel, dragging all atention to herself. Well to him, it was that way, for having never seen such creatures they grabbed all his attention. Just wanting to reach out and press his nose into the soft downy feathers that adorned the flying mechanics they bore.
When she shared her name with him, he gave a bob of his head, careful as to not clip his horns upon the cave's walls. "You may call me Beowulf" Still the Beast spoke formaly, He just could not be the informal friend that others showed with such ease. He just did not know how to be that friendly. "My pleasure Ma'am" He truely was just a gentleman, a very large hairy beast of a gentleman.
He took in every aspect of the being standing so unbelievebly in front of his orange orbs. It felt like a dream, especially the way her coat seem to glisten, just like that of the walls. If she stood still for long enough, the Angel would certainly blend in, vanish from sight against all that shone.
Indeed, he did come her often but not as much as he would have liked. "I come here quite often. It's a place of sanctaury, a place I come to clear my mind. To strengthen it from all the small distractions" Perhaps he spoke too much of the truth, too openly. But the boy just enjoyed enlightening others, to tell the stories he had learnt. "Your coat doth it glisten with a thousand tiny gems. Your wings just a minor fraction of the beauty that reminates from within" The Beast was so encaptivated by her beauty, words just flowed from his lips. "Doth your beauty sway from here very often?"

"Speech"

Beowulf, quite and interesting name, but fitting. It was a name that seemed to radiate power and sheer strength. Which, he seemed to be in no lack of. She was still extremely intimidated by him. He rumbled out more compliments, and honestly she was stuck for words. Flattery she just could never handle. Compliments she usually just shrugged off, but here he was, in an inescapable maze of crystals, and she had to keep her cool and not flip out and hide in a turtle shell. This would be so hard for her to do, she always could just shake it off and move on. Beowulf, however, was being generally nice, and she felt he deserved better than her ignoring her.

He did though, move from compliments for a few moments and talked of how he came here to clear his mind. She looked around again, the colors beating with the rhythm of life. No wonder he would come here, you felt so comforted by being alone. Then back to the compliments. She honestly didn't know how to know react. She just offered and awkward smile and looked at her hooves, shuffling them a little. "Well thank you Beowulf, I appreciate it. Honestly though, i'm just a normal pegasus." She said looking back at him with a shrug. He asked about her coming here, and honestly, she had never been here. "I have never been here before actually, I was just exploring and I was pulled in. This place is so... wonderful." She started to move this time, heading towards the colored walls that were now a vibrant pink. She pressed her nose against the smooth crystal, inhaling the scentless smell. "I do wish I could just melt away into these crystals. The beauty is unparalleled. So how'd you end up in Helovia?" She said, turning back to look at the giant stallion.

"Talking"
Elsa

The Beast was oblivious to his surroundings now, the Winged held all his attention. Though he didn't seem to pick up on her unease whenever he gave a compliment. To him that was normal, for if one did not pay his regards to others, bad things would come of you. It was his way of life. "You are not just a normal Pegasus. To have wings is a gift, one you should embrace, take to the skies and shout it to the world" Such an honor that would be to witness.
He shifted around, glancing upon the large crystal walls, into a mangled reflection of himself. Almost blending into the blue hues. Face distorted with the sharp angles of the walls. Reaching out with his nose, gently touching the wall as if it would break under his touch. Such a gentle move to witness upon such a large mammal. He then continued on to taste. Yes the Beast simply touched the wall with his tongue. Though regretted it all the same. It did not taste as nice as it looked. Stupid animal, his thoughts exactly as he recoiled.
He was not surprised that she was drawn to this place. In all honesty, there was something very eerie and magical; at the same time, about it. Something laid beneath all that glistened. It felt as if this place harbored something special. As the Angel moved, he followed, but kept a distance. He may have given her many compliments, but he was still wry of something so unknown. The beast may have come across as polite and friendly, but he did not take friendship into his own hands. Everyone was simply his acquaintances, all treated of the same equality.
The beast did not know how to answer that truthfully. You may think of him as a polite talkative man, though when it came to his story, he never truly knew where to start. There was so much he wanted to share with others. So the question at hand, had him stumbling for words. "Well, I wanted an adventure" and that was all the beast could muster together. An adventure.

Text text text.
"Words words words."
@[Elsa]
OOC: Sorry this took so long ;_;
Original Image

The words around her rumbled again, and were emanating from Beowulf. Elsa began to wonder what the heck he was doing here. His smooth words could’ve wooed any woman back home, so Elsa began to think of a mare that may be wandering around with Beowulf. He then mentioned he was a wanderer, looking for an adventure. Quite a task to undertake, Elsa would’ve never willingly gone exploring, especially for a place like Helovia. If she had it her way, she would still be at home, enjoying the perks that came with being “royalty”. But alas, she was here and she had to deal with it.

Her mind wandered a bit about Beowulf’s past. He was very talkative, in the normal sense, but yet his words seemed to be flowery with little depth. She wondered what he was like behind closed doors, and if he truly was this nice all the time. Curiosity started to consume her, and she couldn’t hold back anymore from asking deeper, and more personal questions. She was preparing herself to answer them back as the words came from her mouth. "Beowulf, I hate to ask this question, but i'm dying to know..." She paused for a few moments, giving him a few seconds to prepare himself in any way. She wasn't sure if she was about to delve into a happy or terribly devastating past. "You act so nice... Surely you have a family or a wife of some sort? Or if you swing a little the other way a husband?" She questioned she herself reverting to past speech and customs. In her little realm, marriage was a common thing, it bound many kingdom alliances and gave the commoners something to strive for. She wasn't aware that others did not share the same custom, and were often likely to run around and get knocked up.

@[Beowulf]
"Talking"
Elsa

BEOWULF
</style>

For such a large mammal, the beast moved with a grace about him. He was light upon his feet, even with all his mass. His tail held so it never touched the ground, sloping upwards towards the end, so his hair would never become matted with dirt. The man liked to be clean.
He pondered about the place, picking up small pebbles and broken of pieces of crystal's that he found. Almost as if he was cleaning the caves. Making a small stack of them as he went along, minding his own business. So when this mare spoke up, asking him something very personal, he froze. As if he had just been shot by ice and instantaneously frozen. No one had ever asked him such a thing, Nor had anyone really bothered to show an interest in the Beasts reasoning for finding this place.
A deep inhale of breath and the hairy man turned and lifted his gaze, for once actually making eye contact with the mare. No emotions ran through him, just like always, accept maybe this time a hint of fear lingered partways in the back.
"I have parents, that have cared for me for to long, It was time i left them. To let them carry on with their lives, after looking after me, raising me to be the man I have become and to take that with me where ever I so chose to live. I don't have a wife, nor a husband, nor any other family. I simply came here to start a new life, to explore and find out the myths being told by my tribe." He glanced to his mangled reflection, then to the floor at the mares hooves. "And I have already found some truth" He spoke with such sincerity and genuine truth straight from the heart. His gaze followed up from her hooves to look her back into her icy blue pools. "I found you. A Pegasus. A story that now is truth. A small part of my journey is complete and with grace i thank thee" At that the beast turned and walked away.

"Speech"