the Rift

[OPEN] she's brighter than a thousand stars.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Head hangs low, crown sullen and cold. She's sick of being trapped in the underground, tired of holing up with others. They were caged in together, barely room to breath, no where to stretch their legs or their wings. She's thankful she hadn't been taken by the disease she's heard many mention, yet she longs for the world above, the freedom to roam freely without walls holding her back. Her vessel agrees with her, because he often times runs about while she casually strides, running into other horses or into other obstacles. There was no way to keep track of time, only the internal clocks telling when to sleep and when to arise. She disliked being cramped in the caves for this long, only having hoped to stay in them for a few weeks.

Deep ebony pillars move swiftly, long dark mane gently flickering in the breeze she stirs, tail dropped to the ground. Hooves click against hard stone, sounds echoing off the rough walls. Smaller steps accompany, an ashen little child following behind her. The hoofsteps slowly fade as the terrain changes, from solid to a moist, squishy moss beneath their hooves. It relieves her aches to trod upon softer ground after so many hours of dragging around on solid floors. She was alone, yet she was constantly followed by her companion. She longed for equine company, the company of her Knight. She wanted to feel his warm grullo skin against her chocolate bodice, she longed to hear his slightly accented words, to smell his sweet, unique scent. Her heart longs for him, just as her mind and body do, aching with every night she spends without him.

A gentle huff falls from her lips as she settles beneath a shimmering tree, lights dancing along her back as she lays her head to rest, her dark companion curling up beside her. In slumber she's bathed in brilliance, the night sky that dances through her mind shimmers into existence, stars and planets rising from her snow speckled rump. She is unaware of the happenings, simply dreaming of the day her Knight will return to save her from the mighty dragon, Solitude. He would slay the beast with his wits, his charms and the sword he wields upon his skull. If one was to watch the girl as she dreams, they would see the brilliant lights surround her, a sudden galaxy in herself. Miniature meteors and dazzling stars dance about her bodice, wrapping around her. In her hair stars collect, some winding their way up her crown. She's finally awoken, gasping as she sees the little moving stars, raising her head and watching them scatter. As she shifts her weight to stand, the stars and planets dance around her in a ritualistic manner, her emerald orbs reflecting the marvelous lights.

She's in her own little world as she dances about, mesmerized by the little planets that orbit her body. The sky has fallen into her hands, and she feels honored to hold it. She's twirling about, hair waving in the wind as she spins, her tail wrapping around her leg when she finally stands still to admire the beauty of the stars. She holds them close, watching as they sparkle. Her vessel is in awe, little silver moons twinkling as he leaps up to catch one of them with his mouth. The stars move away, afraid of this new beast that nips at them.

"Speech."
[discovering her passive magics <33]

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN

I am hungry again. I have been hungry, exhausted, frightened or freezing throughout my entire tenure in these caves and I am getting a little bit sick of it. Still, when one is hungry one must eat so eat I shall. Turning away from the sanctuary I make my way back into the glowing room, maybe this time I might find some salty grasses. That would be heavenly I haven’t experienced the taste of salty sea grass in ages.

It is crowded in the strange underground forest, it always is being the only place that one can forage. I move to the outer edge and travel along the wall keeping to myself and out of everyone else’s way as I search for something tasty. Now and then I cast nervous glances towards the ceiling missing the sky dreadfully. At least the sky never threatened to fall in on my head.

During one of those quick upward glances I catch a fleeting glimpse of a sparkling star like shimmer. Wait what? I do a double take and sure enough there are flickering star-things above my head and strange wisps of sky… no, of universe complete with miniature planets. Where in the world is that coming from? Is the ceiling falling down in slow motion? I am half tempted to study it and half tempted to flee from it. Instead I trace it visually to its source.

And the source is… care to guess?

That’s right a Unicorn… yet another Unicorn...

No, I’m not bitter, not in the least. I actually rather like Unicorns. I just can’t seem to get a moment away from them is all and it’s honestly becoming a little boring. I mean they are Unicorns for crying out loud, fantastic, mythical beings of lore and legend. Seeing one around every corner makes them quite a bit less so and I can't imagine what use such creatures could possibly have for a simple mare like me.

Of course I can’t stay away now that this traveling planetarium has captured my attention.

She is a lovely child, the galaxy dancer, twirling among her stars with long flower crowned hair swirling about her spotted hide. For a minute or two I just watch sparing a glance here and there for the antlered beast that has joined in her cavorting. Finally I can no longer remain silent.

“That is marvelous! Can you summon other skies? Perhaps a blue morning with the moon not yet gone? Or a colorful sunset over the ocean?”

I’ve assumed she has some manner of control over what she is doing, but then I’ve never been a natural hand with magic myself so I don't really know the ins and outs of it. Alejandro was always highly amused by my difficulties when he tried to teach me.

Mesmerized by the spinning planets I soon forget the presence of the girl and her antlered companion. I too begin to spin, to twirl beneath the crazy sky-scape until I become dizzy and my eyelids droop. Slowly I sink into the comforting blackness of sleep there in the middle of the glowing room.

When I wake hours later nothing of the spectacle remains and I am left believing that I dreamed it all. Only slightly bewildered I go about the abandoned task of filling my stomach...

WE COULD DIE OF DEVOTION
HTML BY SARAHROO
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE