the Rift

[OPEN] Lover of the light

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

It was the light that drew her here, the flickering fire-like light was something and it made the cavern feel warm despite the winter chill above. In truth, the caves weren’t all that chilly if you avoided the spots where the wind could whistle in. The earth retained heat from warmer days. But the fiery light on the ceiling actually made it feel warm. How easy her mind was to trick.

But then, that wasn’t anything new.

With a shudder, the white and black Pegasus did just that – tricked her mind into focusing on something else… anything else. This room helped. Considering how terrible the events were that had driven them down here, every room she found gave her a little bit more hope. They had food and water, certainly everything they needed to survive. But sooner or later everyone would start to grow restless and it would either be risk being on the surface or staying down here.

Soon, something would change. Perhaps whatever was happening would consume itself when there was nothing else left, no one else to latch onto, and leave Helovia. They could return to their homes and consider the whole experience nothing more than a tragic memory. Perhaps the herds would even be closer, having lived in confinement with one another for so long.

For her part, at least, the crowds and the earthen rock walls comforted her. She didn’t want to be alone and down here, alone wasn’t usually an option. She did not usually have to look far to find some company.

As she brushed her muzzle on the etchings of the walls – not really understanding what they were about (she knew nothing of the gods of Helovia) – she thought she was alone, at least for a moment. The distant rumbling of voices that echoed off of the walls in the branches and rooms added to the comfort of the moment. Easy to pretend she was down here exploring, that she had a good night’s sleep and there weren’t flashes of angry words and sneers jostling for attention inside her mind.

Instead she could make up a story about the figures she was seeing, a wonderful story with a happy ending – just like this one was sure to have.

She stood a step back from the wall now, tilting her head just to the side as emerald eyes lit up with a smile and the glow from the cavern. The story unfurling itself in her mind, not minding in the slightest how odd she must look to anyone that might round a corner in the next moment.

@[Teras]

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Teras Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Thick black fur helped him creep around most of the horses milling about in the caves around him. Some of them scared him deeply, he wasn't really much for crowds anyway. Tears fought the whimper trying to bubble from his black lips as a horned horse caught sight of him and pinned it ears flat. He scuttled away before the larger creature could decide to take further action against him. 'Why do they all hate me so much? I just don't understand.. I stand low keep my tail and eyes down and I smile.' He just couldn't understand as he crept on silently as he could his large clumsy paws making a muffled thudding sound. He was careful to keep to the walls trying to blend in and keeping his eyes lowered towards the ground so they would not glint, like he knew they would. Finally the sad pup figured he would just leave. 'Nobody here wants me, I'm better off on my own anyway.'

He sighed heavily and tilted his head up eyes closed, his coal colored nose twitching. He could smell the cold the outside world, all he had to do was follow that smell. So he set off lonely mind whirling sadly, like a broken clock's hands might swirl aimlessly around it's face. 'The next horse I see alone I'll talk too. If you are nice to me I'll stay, any aggression and I'm gone.' He nodded agreeing with his decision. What else could he do, but risk his life with others that hated him for no reason other than his species?

Coming to a halt golden lamps gazed around at the strange figured painted there. Nose twitching again he found he was not alone. Bright orbs focused on the, 'What the... she has wings!' Excitement and wonder flooded his body. His mind could not pull golden orbs from the black and white appendages. Taking a few slow careful steps closer to the black and white flying horse he let his squeaky voice flow from between his sharp puppy teeth, "Umm hello, I'm Teras." Tensing his muscles ready for her attack, he awaited her reply, attention completely on her.

Walking "Talking"'Thinking'
Words: 361
OOc:; Sorry it's a bunch of rambling lol @[Alysanne]
Teras

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

At first, she must admit, he gave her a little bit of a shock. The movement had alerted her from the corner of her eye before he spoke. Immediately she wondered whether he was a shape-shifter – this may be the first time a wolf came up to her and said hello, but it wasn’t the first time a non-equid had come up and said hello. Last time it had been an sleek, soft-faced otter. Usually, she had learned, this was a trait that demons possessed. Demons like Miykael.

But she brushed the thought off. He seemed tense, but more in a frightened or defensive manner rather than an about-to-attack manner. She needed to get out of this new habit of seeing demons in everyone.

Besides, this young wolf was, quite simply, adorable. It was hard to believe that there could be something dark about him.

So, with that thought, a genuine, warm smile brightened those emerald eyes as she looked back at him – backing away from the wall a little bit and turning to face him properly. “Why hello Teras! I’m Aly - it’s nice to meet you.” Recalling the way his eyes had been so focused on her wings, she shifted them slightly as she asked – a tone of concern entering her voice and shadowing that smile just a touch. “I’m sorry, do my wings make you nervous?”

Sure there was the chance that she was misinterpreting things, but she had been extra conscious of them lately here in the smaller areas down here in the caves. Not being able to fly didn’t exactly bother her – it had never been something she really enjoyed or excelled at. Still, she did miss getting the chance to stretch them without bumping into walls or other bodies. Mostly she felt like a burden on those around her since she took up just that little bit more room. There wasn’t anything she could do about it, of course, but these little things were far preferable to worry about than anything else.

@[Teras]

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries