the Rift

The Mystery Of Acceptance(someone PLEASE reply^^)

Sunchaser Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Sun was here because she had been told the Foothill's Herd might accept a miniature horse.Sun wanted friends......and a mate.She was very lonely,and she didn't want to be an outcast.She hoped and prayed with all her heart that she might be accepted.Oh how she wished to talk to another horse again.She longed for company,attention,and merely the order and counsel of a herd.As she was a mini horse,many picked on her when she asked to join a herd.She was "too small and scrawny to survive in a herd"they had said.But Sunchaser had real grit.She felt like she was nineteen hands tall,though she DEFINATELY wasn't.Sun finally reached the Windtossed Foothills."Hello,"she said."I come in peace,to ask acceptance into the herd.I am no threat,you could step on me."She scoffed and wondered if they would.Waiting for an answer......

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}

A pale, pearlescent mare answers the small-voiced call of the new mare. Through the heated, sunlit trees gallops the white mare. She is regal, elegant, and graceful as she moves. Her very steps seem to float over the ground, such is her trained grace. Kind, warm eyes look about to find the source of the call which she had heard. The tendrils of her mind reading magic just sensed that there was another horse nearby, and then she happens to look down by chance.

Nares widen as she resists the urge to spook at this little mare. That would be rude, she thinks. She did not spook when she had seen little Evers, why this mare? Perhaps it was because she was still so very much smaller than anyhorse she'd ever seen before. Though, she had to admit, that Evers could very well fit with this kind little mare. She inwardly rolls her eyes at her matchmaking thoughts and then smiles at the mare, wanting the kind soul to know she meant no harm,

"Hello newcomer. I am Gossamer the Benevolent and you seem to be quite new. May I ask your name?"

{OOC: Good Post! ^^
Word Count: 193}

Unregistered
Sun watched as the ghostly cream mare answered her call.She was slender,her legs powerful,looking like she could do anything without thinking or lifting a finger.Sun's coat was scrubby and hairy,not smooth like the other mare's.Her hooves were chipped and dirty,the mare's were clean and smooth.And the mare's mane stayed perfectly in place despite the raging wind.Sun's mane looked like a shaggy mop.Sun did not fit in at all."Hello,"she said."My name is Sunchaser."She paused."I'm a miniature horse,as you can see.Someone told me that the Foothill's herd might let me into the herd.Where is the lead mare and lead stallion?Or are you the lead mare?"OOC:{Thanks for the compliment.I don't post without a word counter,now,LOL.}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Sun.Big things come in small packages.^^

Hidden Account
Illusion{Illu}

Gossamer quirked her head to the side as the slight wind, which was the breeze of the Foothills, ruffles her floating, filamentous mane and tail. She can feels waves of unease flowing from this mare in waves, and cannot help but smile at her. For she really was so cute a thing. So shy and sweet. It was rare to come across kind mares like this one. She flicked her tail at a pesky fly while she contemplated if this mare would be right for a herd rank or not.

She snorts inwardly as she contemplates not offering her one, it wasn't like anyone else was going to try and take up the position was it?
"Of course! The Foothills are open to any horse of honest intentions that can follow the Laws and which can co-exist with others of different races. I the Chieftess here along with my mate Indy the Righteous and my friend Smoke the Benevolent."

she bows her head briefly, now that formal introductions have been made, and continues on in her soothing and kind voice, "You need not fear though, we have several horses of shorter stature here. However, what I am curious about, is if you would likee a position with the herd?"

{OOC:haha, probably a good idea. The herd ranks info can be found in the stickied thread at the top. We still have quite a few openings that are really important!.}

Unregistered
Sun was dumbfounded.The mare said that Sun could join the herd!Sunchaser couldn't wait."Well,I would like to join as a storytelleror an Earth Healer.I would love to do anything with colts and fillies."Sun smiled.Babies were so cute.Sun always did get along with them.Funny thing was,some colts were bigger than her!But Sun knew that fillies and colts were gentle.They had big dreams that allowed Sunchaser to tell them wonderful stories.Sun's white/brown tail swished as she thought about wich positions she would like.But she did not know much about ranks at all.Would Gossamer allow her to join as a baby-sitter?Sun didn't think there was even a position for a baby sitter in the herd.And she liked to heal too.She might be good at the Earth healer position."What do you think I would be best at?"Sun asked Gossamer.

Second Chances Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Second Chances saw Sunchaser talking with another mare. She walked up to them and said"Hi I'm Second Chances but you can call me Chance. I would like to join your herd if thats ok? I'm just hope I want be picked on and teased because I'm shy." She was scared and pregnat. She had scars on her neck under her mane from her brother. She was very very shy. She hated her brother for what he had done to her. She would like to find some friends and maybe a mate. She wanted a mate that would love her and her unborn foal.

Hidden Account
Illusion{Illu}

Gossamer smiled at the mare's enthusiasm and willingness to participate in the workings of herdlife. "There is only ever one healer, which is chosen by the Gods Three. There is also ever one storyteller, however, we do not have one right now." she nodded as the mare spoke of little foals and happy beginnings. How young Sunchaser was, how vibrant. Had she herself really seemed like this at this mare's age? What kindness the eyes held. She remembered a time when all she strove for was to heal, and now it was her place to protect. A child, a lover, and then a mother. The cycles of life were always exciting and mysterious up until the end and then, looking back, one will always hold regrets, regardless of the life lived.

Her mind refocused upon Sunchaser as she asked what Gossamer thought she should be. Well, that was a very good question indeed. What did she thing Sun would be good at? She was small, so she couldn't be a warrior. However, she could be a spy if she wanted. She was also very sweet though, and happy-go-lucky so she could easily be a sort of foal-sitter as she had hinted at. But, she seemed smart and just too, so she could also be a Judge or a Diplomat. Long white lashes shaded her eyes as she mulled over her thoughts for a few moments before she replied kindly.

"I think you would make a wonderful Storyteller. However, I think you should go to the Vein of the Gods and ask for guidence there. They may not reply right away, you may have to return at another time. When the Gods Three do reply to your prayers, if it is positive or they impart you with any wisdom, then you may become the storyteller. If not, then I think you would also make a very good Judge." Her voice is strong, for she is firm in belief that her answer has been correct. But then, yet another mare arrives, seeking solace. Her mind is tense and hurting and she asks to be accepted as well. Gossamer nods to her, Chance as she calls herself, as she speaks. Judging from her belly she was pregnant too!

She was just having all sorts of visitors on this hot summer day. "Greetings Chance, you are most welcome so long as you can treat all races with respect, or at least tolerance. Would you like a position or to join a team like those who visit the threshold to recruit new members? Or to be on the border patrol?"

{Sunchaser: Gossamer is basically asking that Sun go and ask the gods if they think she should be a storyteller. I figured it would be a fun little mini-quest to get you going and out and about on the other boards. If you really don't want to you can feel free to just tell an admin you want to be storyteller. ^^

Second Chances: Good job keeping the word count up! =) Anyways, all the Laws for this herdland as well as the ranks Gossamer has set up should be at the top of this board, like the first two or three posts, which you should read so you can figure out if your charrie wants a position in the herd. =) I could have written out all the laws and ranks with explanations, but that would have taken forEVER and been a really long and annoying post.lol}

Rehovah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
OOC:Sun post rights are taken away because my keyboard was broke and left sentences off because feeling's lost in some keys,but also on one post I took off a sentence but added more,but I didn't add enough so it's my fault.When I can prove to the admins that I can keep the word limit up I can have posting rights back.