the Rift

[OPEN] Purification

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

As the orb moved, the Blood King was jostled about. Even if he had been defeated, he wouldn’t kneel so easily. It wasn’t particularly easy to shift about, but he put every fiber of his strength behind a violent slam with his shoulder against the metal. Those on the outside he hope would at the very least stumble. Once this cage vanished he would give them all hell. There was a new hunger that grumbled in his stomach. If he was to fall many of them would plummet to the abyss with him. Each of them would feel the cold sting of his blades. Reckless behavior had resulted in the monster that was trapped and their reckless behavior would bring on a similar fate.

With every inch the orb moved brought him closer and closer to his demise and revival. The devil inside anticipated the fight that would arise. While the soldier lurked within the back of the monster’s subconscious, waiting for the shackles of the living dead to release him. His true self had never left even when the darkness flooded his body. Always lurking in the background was the Blood Prince, forced to witness the heinous deeds of his demented self. Whatever fate awaited him at the end, whether it be true death or a cure, Déodat held no fear. In the end, he would’ve died an honorable death. Part of him wondered whether if there was to be any benefit of his sacrifice. Would the Basin hold strong despite the many weaklings hat tried to call themselves soldiers? Hopefully that kid had gotten away, after all. As for the cowards, they mattered little.

The Blood Prince waited just like the demon. Once this egg hatched he would face his fate, and he anticipated the potential liberty that awaited him once his little ride was over.

[@[Midas] @[Megaera] @[Circuta] @[Arrane]
For the sake of time posting order is a lie. I’d really like for this thread to be over before the 14th since Déo’s companion will be hatching on that date. Permission to powerplay Déodat]

"Speech speech speech"

[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

There was little comfort to be had within an orb that balanced and more often than not rolled across uneven stone. He jostled around even as the weight of my power crushed in to hold said demon still, I could feel each frustrated thrust against his temporary barrier. It was humbling to know that this simple wave of tempered gold was all that stood between us and him, one wrong move, one misguided break in concentration and the whole thing could collapse--releasing the beast within to possibly wreak havoc on those within this hovel. Slowly we drifted toward the rumbling water, my feet slide along the slippery path. I shifted back without taking my gaze or attention from the levitating orb.

Yon waters hadn’t been tested, and we were still newborn to the information of their healing properties. I was playing from faith that our Lord Earth wouldn’t misguide or jest upon this situation. He wasn’t the sort to offer false intelligence, and nor would any among our ranks consider me a doubter. Even so, a quick and underbreath pray sprang from my lips toward our salvation. “Let this work. Save his soul if ye can, or kill quickly and spare agony.”

The trickling of water brought no comfort, only more anxiety. Ears drifted further back against my skull, mating with the warm perspiration that matted down the length of locks which trailed across my armored brow. Two small horns jutted up and glowed eerily when they caught the unnatural glow of nearby crystal. Said fountain room was large enough for me to circle round, placing the sphere directly at the head of our only form of mending.

Sweat had pooled beneath the plates of steel and slide across tense muscles, my energy was very nearly spent simply maintaining this amount of magic for so long. Heart thundered on, a rapid pace that would outmatch even the swiftest of our race—“Be ready,” I called to the loyal soldiers that stood by deaths hand. “Should this fail, kill him quickly. I want his head removed from shoulders, and the body burned.”

Magic began to weaken as I stepped round, hardened pools still ever fast on his shimmering domain. I rose it over the ledge of the water, attempting to settle him in a manner that would dump our violent company into a forced bath. The crumbling began at the bottom slowly, then quickly. Releasing the individual into the pool which he hovered above.

OOC: Midas just kinda dumped him in the water. XD

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

Where there was once a gold prison only remained air. Then came water. As soon as it touched his skin, Déodat felt the darkness stir. All at once the fog that rolled in with each step he took, fled out. The blood pouring from his eye ceased. Both sets of his wings tore from his flesh with a violent crack and smoke poured out from the now empty sockets. The wounds upon his slowly were consumed with new flesh. The Blood King could take it no longer. This vessel had been filled with the holy water. With a violent scream, darkness spewed out from his mouth and for a brief moment consumed his entire body.

Standing before them now was true flesh and blood. A gasp of air filled his lungs and his eyes widened slightly at the realization of his freedom. Memories flooded back to his mind. What he had been and what he had done. Should feel guilty for those that roamed the land infected and filthy because of what he had done? No, he decided. There was no guilt the sacrifice he had made for his herd. Slowly he turned his head toward his saviors. Disgust churned in his stomach at the sight of the creatures that had been his saviors. Not a single one of them were familiar faces and so he assumed none were of his own herd. A sigh passed from his lips and he flicked his tail.

“Thank you,” Déodat with a strained voice. He was seething with raging having to stoop as low as this. These creatures were to be dominated, not thanked. Yet they were the ones that had selflessly pulled him down. The unicorns of the north hadn’t even been present when he came right to their doorstep. The Blood Prince would make note of this to the lord and lady of the herd. “Let me know of ways I can help. For now though I will be taking my leave to rest.”

Without another word or so much as another glance, he turned and began to walk off. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed something odd. It appeared to be an egg. With one swift look over his shoulder he knelt down and picked it up. The last thing he wanted was the hornless to get a hold of whatever would come from this egg. Of course if it was a mere chicken, it would still be his chicken and not theirs.

“Shit, that demon thing has gotten to my head.” He said despite the massive sphere in his mouth. “What I really need is a nice long nap.”

"Speech speech speech"

[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

His scream is a bitter one, but welcome to my ears as a sign that this magic was working. Whatever my lord had done to these waters, it was mastering this illness and restoring the flesh. This was the cure we so desperately needed to save our families and countless other souls. A dark creature without remorse would slay even his own kin, brother and sister. Mother, child, and father. They took no pity on those with or without birthright appendages. His gaze rises, striking me in this faint light as violet. I meet them unflinchingly, my body standing rigid in its coating of steel and wrapped tightly in tension.

His movements seem almost normal again, my eyes narrow and pass over the wonders of our first of many more miracles to come. The cured individual speaks, likely exhausted from our bouncy ride down into the caves. I ignored the pull in his voice, passing it off as remembrance of shock. Despite being tired and likely ready to simply fall into a wet mess of hairy puddles, he offers aid. I nod, feeling a sort of a union flow between us in that we both could relate to a soldiers strife.

Our company starts to stride off. Plates slink back into their holding position, revealing flesh and a sweaty hide that was in dire need of a bath itself. “Find rest, there will be time for battle talk later.” He bends down, picking up something on the floor that all others had simply passed. I glance over and catch sight of what appears to be a small rounded object—a stone perhaps? A token for this day? Who knows…
These are moments for celebration. We have successfully cured a wraith and my heart soars in chest as I turn to regard the soldiers who had stood by and aided in what had turned into a good venture. “The tide of our struggle turns today.”

OOC: A good ending, sorry it took so long ^^

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]