the Rift

[OPEN] !! Iodine [Asylum]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
You're injured! You need to get help! Liebling had been crying in my head for the past few hours about how I shouldn't be trying to continue to travel through these shadow lands. It was true, these completely destroyed lands had been ruined even more than just the marsh since the last time that I had been traveling through them. Concern was etched over my face as I picked up my speed. My muscles were burning but my bones seemed injured. I was severely underweight. Food had been scarce out in these barren lands and I'd had no choice but to continue to push forward.

I wasn't sure which direction I was moving anymore but the constant rumble of Move! Keep moving! from Schwere was enough to keep my glass hooves to continue to move as I fought the urgent desire to curl up and accept the fate of death. Your herd! You may not be able to find a cure, but you must be there for them. You must try and keep them moving - fighting towards a cause. Innerste's voice was a comfort, and one that forced me to find the actual strength to continue to keep my limbs moving against the burning pain of my muscles.

Perhaps I ended up in the heart. Perhaps I was all the way at the Throat, or the Edge. I didn't know. Honestly, everything looked just about the same and covered in a sheets of snow. It was only when I ended up tumbling down into a slightly sharper hole. Rocks jabbing into my sides and my limbs as I crumpled up at the bottom of the cave, back pressed up against the wall that had lava pulsing through it. My thick coat combining with my mane and tail and shrouding me in black. Tense body filled with voices screaming at me. Get up. Move! Find people! And they wouldn't stop. It was as if all of them were yelling at me. All of them. Even Unheil was telling me to move.

It seemed all of the voices that were living on inside of me didn't enjoy the idea of possibly not living to see another sunrise...
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

She have grown cognisant and receptive, enlightened against the twisting catenary of the Labyrinth as she is aware of the contours of her own flesh, the maps and lacerations and blemishes that have grown upon milky sinew as the mountains that rise as goosebumps upon the surface of Loorien— the most minuscule, infinitesimal note trembling and ricocheting across well crafted masonry and gravel corridors, flame kissed backbones that chase one another as veins within the secondary layers of crusted earth. The Nightingale has discovered, conquested outside the realm of salvation dual times, the cries of damnation littering as the cawing voices of morning crows, a cacophony of hellish desires, of those infected with the vile seed of the daemons, and both times she has returned once more to salvation in trepidation and desperation, for what must they do to rid the cruelties from their people? What sacrifice must be made (for no gift of the divines is without sacrifice), what claret must be spilt? She is willing, despairing, and yet the thump of a frame against the stone floor of the entrance into the golden gates screeches it's anxious meanderings into her flesh, the nightmares of a canidae dome upon a equine's bodice, the lanky ship of a babe not yet old enough to truly be parted from his dam attempting to swallow her in a gaping mouth, sharp teeth and blood stains upon alabaster and star enwrapped bosom.

And yet the Nightingale comes, as though the silence beckons her forth with red leashed collar towards her inevitable end, waning, waxing longing for the education and insight in which to grasp strings upon, for she shall sound the first warning cries if it is the necessities the situation shall call upon her— and so emancipated in ghastly apparel she dances among the haunted hallways, the clack of hooves upon tiled flooring, the flickering violence within vivid indigo, long-lashed pearls pressing against taut cheeks, and when she finds the obscure bodice lain upon the earth before her, she stops.

There is something achingly familiar about the vermilion kissed flesh, the gleaming glass crown raising from her dome, the faintly pulsing heart within her draping cloak, but her Jester would not be lying upon the floor, silhouetted in the light of the hearth, frail and limp as a newborn babe, unless..
"Jester?"

Tremulous lyrics escape in a chorus of sound upon (hopefully) live harks, bile rising within her throat, a short, affectionate nickname in which was gifted upon her dome eons ago. A tentative step towards her unmoving frame. She cannot see beneath the thick, obsidian tendrils of mane and tail that cover her as feathered down.
"We have.. awaited your return, my Queen. Are you.. well?"

--

Bad muse is bad. Apologies.

From the Queen of England
To the hounds of Hell

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Somnus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

somnus</style>

the sandweaver.</style>

I can't remember how long I've been here for. Too long. I have not seen the sky, the sun, the moon, you name it, in what seems like forever. A sigh whistles out of my mouth and I shake my head. Hooves clatter against the cave floor and the sound ricochets around my head. Sand, gold and glittering like the sun during a sunset, appears beneath my hooves. It grows and slithers, a gentle hum vibrating through the cave and soothing my mind.

I tread upon my sand, hooves sinking into the soft sand and letting the noise fill my mind; it is music to my ears. A small smile fills my lips and blue eyes close as I stop, just to listen to the thrum that my pulsing sand creates. I open my eyes and shape the gold substance into my own sun that glitters before me, and I smile despite the fact I know it is nothing like the actual sun.

I slide along with my sand, a gentle hum vibrating through my vocals as well as my magic, with my sun floating along in front of me, off to my left. I traipse through the intricate tunnels of this sanctuary, daring myself to go to the entrance and possibly catch and glimpse of the sky and whatever else was out there that has ruined Helovia.

As I close the distance between myself and the entrance, I can smell others - two scents that I recognize. And a voice that I definitely recognize, 'Jester?' My ears perk up instantly and my heart thuds for a moment. Temptress. A smile again lights up my face and I lengthen my stride, eyes sliding across her slender, ebony pelt with a unknown hunger that is shocking to me. I lower my eyes to the figure upon the ground, grazing the glass horn that glints in the soft orange glow from the lava behind the amber wall. Heat settles over the entrance and I soak in it, a lighthearted feeling flooding through me before I realize that Seele is not moving from her position upon the ground.

'We have.. awaited your return, my Queen. Are you.. well?' I lift my eyes to Circuta and furrow my brow slightly. "I do not think she is well, dear Temptress. She is weak, like a newborn, and needs her nutrients. Water first." I murmur softly, before approaching my Queen. "I am sincerely sorry Seele, but we must get you water before you rest. We do not want you to.. leave us." I say, tone soft but firm as I stand protectively next to the two mares.

"talk talk talk"
 and i discovered that my castles
   stand upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand...
aScratch @ flickr.com

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
L E N A
And all this devotion
was rushing out of me
And the questions I have
for a sinner like me

Aching hearts and winter isolation: children of the stone and rubble, like martyred pebbles and laureled monuments, cordial monoliths and befuddled muses, continued to fray amongst the hollow corridors, the sanctified columns of earth and enigmas. Entombed, moving gravestones beneath the surface, shrouded and beguiled into the denizens of Tartarus, Hades’ hands aloft for a divine outreach, Persephones’ brooding hums extending relief and sanctuary in her lovers’ land. Lena bounded from marble to menhir, ebullience in the gloom, luminescent strands in the nocturnal eaves, spreading the vivid trail of beneficence, resisting the layers and lacquer of stained quandaries. Swift and furtive, a flutter of ethereal intrigues and effervescent refinement, extinguishing blight and pestilence through determination, perseverance and sacrifice, reaching deep in the columns of her lungs and exposing strains for the masses. Bestowing her boundaries for absolution, and finding naught but the glossy filaments of twisted chords, distorted, contorted, worn and unraveled, and chasing dreams through the cobwebs and borders of the forsaken, renouncing specious malice for resolute renewal – grinning at ghosts and smiling at specters. Upon withered wraiths she chimed the echoing bells of carillons and minarets, upon malevolent maelstroms she spun the clambering sonnets of her lyrical prestige, and upon vehement villainy she clothed a innocent guise, exchanged anger for repose. Shifting oasis, perfumed and laced with ambrosia, imperfect and flawed, but a paragon for pieces of shards and second chances, drinking the essence of foibles and replacing them with the restless beat of iambic stanzas and honeyed lyrics, satin and taffeta, silk and satin. Light, airy, lithe and limber, willowy conjectures through the spread of confusion and poison, devouring toxins and garnishing them with the gentle fabric of tenderness, refusing the pervasion of shadow and darkness, delivering divinity with the garden, the blossoms, the petals of her dulcet ditties. If she were as forlorn as the rest of the earth, she gave no hint of her ire, of her frustration, of her vexation; innocence lost in the shambles, ruins, and desolation of gods and monsters.

Life imitated art; brushstrokes firm and elegant, motions enhanced by the stream of vibrant action, hymns christened from the rhapsody, the reverie, of her hope-spun glory. Gaze dappled and flew over the reaches of light, through the pinnacles of cave mouths and crypt opulence, placed back in poetry, swindled and swerving through intertwined fingers and gnarled claws of gloaming fortitude. Songbird and beast, fairy and fox, only became more propelled, ignited, incensed and aflame, by the increasing decibels leaping from the hardened walls, tremulous, wanton concern floating through the barbaric requiems. Are you well? and the banter, echoing in unsung travesty, in desperate murmurs she is weak, like a newborn, the capturing and enticement, the allure and drowning lengths of guidance that pounded against the nymph’s cranium. Was there another broken being, lying in the dust and decay of their foreign confinement? Was there another monster foaming in the dusk, smirking and snickering, stretching daggers for the next individual to fall apart at their gleaming, fiend hands? Stalwart indignation led her further, following, attending, the pitfall whispers and sympathetic calls, until the honeyed set of her eyes trapped segments of bodies amidst the strangled sun – one fallen form, like glass, like porcelain, hard and delicate all at once, and two other beacons, all unfamiliar, all foreign. In another life, the situation may have forced the sylph to flee, to hide, to shirk and quiver in the shade of unknown labyrinths and rose hips, be secure in the boughs and arms of glades, but the world beyond them, the hardened Basin, the frozen kingdom, had taught her many things, sculpted her lionheart. With an emboldened smile, with a kind, charitable glow, grace and nobility, she announced her presence, a soft lilt of an aria, beginning to take hold of each breath. “I’m sorry to have overheard, but it seems you are in need of a mender?” Imogen and Lena followed suit with the strokes of formality, a touch of her chin to her chest, a chirp from a five-tailed vixen, before proceeding with regal melodies, rhapsody at the touch, at the command, of their etched concern, stare poised to the doves and ravens nestled in twilight and apprehension. “I’m Lena, a healer from the Aurora Basin. Would you mind if I tended to your companion?”

[Posting at Abba's request. <3]

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
A dark, withered soul trapped within the body, angered that she's been forced to live within this mortal body, constantly fighting against the magic of the prior owner of the body. She was a strong one, the demoness knew that for sure. She often spent the long, boring days browsing through her mind, living her life as though she was always there in a little nook in her mind, tucked away from her view. She knew most everything about her now, her weaknesses, her flaws, her dearest treasures. The bones in the tattered mane thump against her neck as though to remind her of the constant yowling of the soul further within, bouts of rage flourishing through her veins as the battered soul tries to fight back. You still haven't learned your lesson, have you now? With a cold, hard smack of anger, the prowess's mind forces the weakling back into her confines where she trembles again, her fragile mind cracking further as the beast enters it, searching for the clowned faced mare that pollutes the girl's mind.

A horrific smile draws across her lips, stained teeth clack together, exposed to the darkness as the prowess walks on. She can smell her, hear her steps, taste her blood dripping down her lips, her strength restored with the taste of new flesh. The shadowed being follows swiftly behind the bay, ruby red eyes falling over her ebony flesh, garnished with snow and blood. Her heart had dropped when she saw how thin the woman before her was, how sickly she appeared. "She won't taste good." The tattered girl spits, but immediately regrets her decision when a dark, harsh force pushes her down further into the depths.

Dark, shadowed eyes watch as the bay slips through the ground, body thumping against the stone floors as she stumbles. As swift as night envelopes the world, the prowess looms over the entrance of the caverns, cackling madly at the fool who topples down the slope. "Oh poor Seele, can't stand proud anymore!" A voice that sounds more like claws against a chalk board rings through the tunnels, her laugh sounding like rusty metal pipes clanging together, the caves carrying the sound farther.

She dares not to dance any farther than where coarse, dead grass fades to solid stone, for fear that they may pull down to that brewing liquid, the stuff that cures those touched by disease. She knows well of the blessed liquid, the thing that heals. She had heard others being dragged down under by their loved ones, followed by the sound of splashing water, the scent of the dead fading from the caverns, leaving nothing but the sweet rejoice of families and friends as the infested return to consciousness. You will not have the same fate, my sweet.

Thick, fleshy muscles tense as a sweet as honey voice is heard, one seemingly familiar. She recalls witnessing a dark mare sing a sweet song, one that healed a comrade of the prowess's. A frown dances across her lips, body trembling in fear as she thinks of her crown falling, her pride and power slipping from between her rotted fingers. "Poor you!" The child spits once again, smearing hatred over the prowess's face. Tattered ears lay flat, another cold yet pitiful push in her direction knocks the girl from her higher position, but she can no longer muster this much energy, now close to defenseless against the child. The girl struggles forth to the controls, her once delicate voice calling out, easily recognizable if one had known her back when they called her Amara. "Seele! Please, help me!" A bout of sobbing ensues as she slinks back into her corner, shivering madly as the prowess punishes her.
[feel free to drag her down to heal her c:]
feel free to pm me if you have any confusion on the events within amara's posts

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I may be exhausted. I may be completely broken but I was not one to accept such a fate that easily. I could hear the sound of hoofbeats as they clicked against the stone corridors that I had stumbled into and I could feel the faint sound of breathing. I didn't lift my head, and I didn't shift my hair off of my face. You should at least look as though you are not the embodiment of todesfall. No. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be able to get up and look as though nothing had happened. But that was a lie. It was fine though. I would gather myself and everything would move back together. Everything was going to work out, right?

Jester? That word hit my ears and I could only shift my audits as I continued to listen to the trembling chords coming from the mare which I had put in charge as I went off to search for this cure. This cure that I couldn't find. But you did find your way back, Innerste reminded me and I could only let out a short breath of air. The mare asked if I was well and just as I went to speak I heard the sound of more hooves clicking toward me.

The one whom I remember meeting once in passing is saying that I am weak, much like a newborn and I can feel the annoyance bubbling up in my soul. At least you have some fight in you, mieze. Unheil growls as the stag continues to inch closer, saying that they must get me to water so I don't "leave them". Hah. Like I would let that happen. I open my eyes a little, finally shifting my forelock from my orbs and allowing them to peer up with distaste at the two members of my herd who are now babying me. "Of course I'm not well! What do I look like?! Are you bescheuert?!" I hiss before I hear more hooves.

This time I am shifting my frame and pulling myself to my hooves. My head is held up high even though anyone could tell that my legs are struggling too hold all of my frame. The new mare offers her healing abilities and all I can do is glare at the mare. "I'm fine! I'm perfectly fine!" I grumble, but as I go to step forward as if to prove to everyone that I really am fine my frame almost seems to buckle and the next thing I'm feeling is my flesh pressed up against the SandWeaver's shoulder and barrel. At least if anyone didn't look too closely they would think I was standing just fine.

That was when a dark voice hit my ears. Taunting me. Saying that I couldn't stand proud any longer. Instantly my ears are pinned, a stronger voice filling the air. "SHOW YOURSELF, UNTIER!" I shouted, the control flooding my voice. I was a leader! I would not be treated like some piece of scum! My eyes peer up just barely catching the sight of the creature's frame as it dances near the entrance without coming in. And then a recognizable voice hits my ears. Amara! My eyes widen as I look towards the healer, and then the companions of my herd. "You have to save Amara. Now. Someone!" I demand, my frame moving forward with a determination that cannot be matched by my stamina in this state. And after a few steps I'm pressed up against the wall again, limbs trembling as I fight against the fatigue. "We'll help you, Amara! We'll fix you!" She was mine. She was under my care. We would fix her.

Translations---
Todesfall - Death
Mieze - Baby/Weakling
Bescheuert - Stupid
Untier - Monster
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●