[OPEN] it is time
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja Frosthjärta
Wake up.

Her spoken voice was as wild and reckless as the wolves in hunt, as cold as the midwinter snows, and just as gentle as the sunlight. She coaxed him from the heavy depths of exhausted sleep, shepherding him yet leaving no doubts that he would wake up. He turned in the warm, comforting darkness, as one might do when trying to find the surface of a lake; her presence was the light radiating far above, and his soul reached for it, struggled from the heaviness of rest and into the waking world.

His senses returned one by one. He lay on something soft and moist, pleasantly cool against the feverish warmth of his skin; the air he dragged in was full of life, smelling like night-time. The sound of water trickling down over rocks greeted his ears, along with the faint breathing of his owl. His blue eyes cracked open. He lay someplace mostly dark, tucked into a corner of the cave—many pinpricks of light hung about the vast cavern, casting a pale, ghastly glow onto it. He made to raise his head, but paused. The small motion had wakened every raw nerve in his body. Sleep had been nicer, and so had that pleasant state of being half-awake; every cut and bruise hollered at this tired mind, many of the cuts swollen with infection. He smelled like an absolute disaster.

It is time.

What the hell was she talking about?

This time, he forced himself to raise his head, and glance over his blood-crusted back at the pale owl. She looked haggard, but determined; worn and fierce, a true creature of the wilderness, but edgy—almost anxious, tendrils of her deep, unending love reaching for his mind, tugging at his attention, almost as if she couldn't quite contain some worry. Mauja frowned. Struggled to remember. There was nothing quite as wonderful as waking up bloody and sick in a darkened, glowing, damp cave, with your anxious owl staring at you and wanting to tell you something, and not having a damn clue as to how you ended up there. He blinked, took another good look at her. She was standing on something, and she was tired, but excited; her left wing still ached, but she'd come here and she'd slept and he'd slept for gods know how long, but if he didn't wake up and eat and drink he might not wake up and—

Irma. We'll be alright.

Her soul blabbered some avian nonsense and she looked at him, offended that he'd noticed her anxiety. He gave her a tired, humorless smile.

It was enough of an impasse to let him catch up; she was just glad he'd woken up at all, and just as glad to get a moment to compose herself. And Mauja, he just closed his eyes for a moment. His head felt sluggish and thick, just as hot as his infected skin. Some of the gouges by the wolf's teeth had risen into angry, ugly welts, and—wolf. His mind latched onto it, and brokenly pieced the tale of the last week together. He'd slept nowhere near enough, survived simply through sheer stubbornness, and Irma's voice crying out in the back of his mind all the while. The child-demons of the Basin, the terrified colt and poor, loyal Déodat morphing into something of the dark, his long, guilty flight back south, crying out for Ophelia, finding monsters—and that last, long fight and flight. His recollection ended somewhere around the cave entrance, but somehow he'd made it into here, this little quiet, peaceful piece of underground heaven. The glowing lights almost looked like stars.

"You said it was time," he breathed, opening up his eyes again. Irma had grown quieter, calmer—more like her usual self. And now that he knew how he'd gotten all torn up and why he was lying on some weird moss in a cave, he felt better, though no less sick. His throat was raw, and thick. She bobbed her head in an owl's way, trickles of emotion seeping through again: was that.. some kind of fear? Embarrassment? Uncertainty? Since when had Irma ever felt those things? She was the mountains and the blizzards, immovable and cold. A predator.

And yet it was almost shyly that she took all of her weight on the left leg, and reached up with her right talon, grasping something which looked like a smooth, round pebble: it glowed dull blue in the strange lighting. He would've thought it a rock, if he hadn't seen it before. It was an owl's egg.

"Irma..." he whispered, suddenly understanding her dread; soon a whole year ago, an ancient spirit had told them something.. that their bond was not wholly theirs, not wholly sacred, but that he needed another guide. Irma had been quiet on the matter. Mauja had never pushed it. He'd never seen a reason to find another, to force another creature into their bond, nor been tempted by the sharp fangs of d'Artagnan's Aramis, or any other fanciful creature he'd seen following the horses of Helovia around. He could've gone all his life with only Irma, and never have mourned the strange opportunity he'd been given. "We don't have to," he began, but she silenced him. Shook her head. Placed the egg down again, and laid down in the moist moss, clutching it tightly. She was silent a while, formulating her thoughts, and he took the moment to painstakingly roll onto his belly. He gasped in his quiet corner of the cave, a few scabs tearing open and leaking blood over his filthy back. He wanted to haul himself to the river and dunk himself, but the prospect of moving himself all that way was simply daunting.

It is my choice, she finally said, briefly telling him the tale of darkness coming to claim the Foothills as well, and of a newly abandoned nest in the tree she'd taken refuge in—of how this egg still had a heartbeat. Why she'd thought of the snow leopard's words in that moment was beyond him. Sometimes she was oddly possessive of him, and Mauja had played no part in getting her, simply having been spirited through time and given her. Destined, that owl had said, and handed him the egg. She shifted on the moss. It was too cold. Not good for a nesting owl. She had to get up soon, into the makeshift nest she'd made in one of the glowing trees straight above his head. He smiled. "Are you certain?" In truth, he didn't know what this meant—that she'd made this choice. And the idea of change, of changing their bond, it frightened him; he loved her and she loved him and that was the foundation of it, the thing which tethered their souls together, and to somehow.. somehow break that open to make room for a third..?

Do you love any of your children less, simply because you have more?

He had to smile wryly at that. Of course she knew where to hit him to make him yield.

Eat. Drink. Heal. Grasping the precious thing she hopped into the air, fled into the branches of the tree, and settled the egg within the woven branches and leaves, warming it within her ample, white feathers. Mauja simply looked up at the hints of her pale plumage through the glowing leaves, and pondered getting up—but he felt too tired and heavy, too sick, so he lowered his head again and forced himself to listlessly eat of the moss in front of his face. He wasn't even hungry.

Eat.

He chuckled quietly. He had no choice but to eat.

[ @[Circuta] when you have the time, and maybe @[Skysong] because healer? :3 If you don't want to, that's fine. <3 ]
This is the day when the wolves die young, they'll never see a new midnight sun.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
ABRAHAM

Gwyn glided through the caves, her strength growing each and every day. She landed sideways on a wall and pushed off again, wings unfurling and carrying her a short distance before she restarted her ritual. She trilled brightly, joyous in the display of her increasing power. She was a serpent of fire and death, a white flash in the eyes of her enemies. Her thoughts were childish and brash, bouncing and dancing with her emotions and confidence. Abraham, such a solid boy even in his two-season life, followed after her with a dim smile playing at the corners of his charcoal lips. Her visions and plans that writhed behind his eyelids were invigorating. He thrived off of her wildest dreams, her power, her will. He understood why he had been chosen to become her guardian and now her bondmate. They were made for each other. Where Abraham faltered, Gwyneverre soared. Where Gwyn stepped lightly, Abraham marched proudly on. Together they were perfect, building their match to one day take the whole of Helovia by storm.

Abraham wanted Reginald to stand at his side, but he knew his brother felt some sort of ill, boiling contempt for the pale serpent. It saddened Abraham to know his brother, of whom he shared the womb of his mother and their original lifeblood, did not approve of his companion. The dark colt tried to tell himself, as well as Gwyn, that it was fueled by misunderstanding. Reginald hates what he does not understand, and he envies for what he does not have. He told her, to comfort her, but it was his mantra for his own heart. The pain of disappointment and disapproval rang louder than any pain he had felt in his life. His brother shared so much with him, they were twins, nearly copies of the same genetic code, and still his brother's grey eyes looked at Gwyneverre with hatred.

Maybe Abraham was over exaggerating the feelings Reginald felt towards Gwyneverre, but any negative emotion was monumental to the dark prince.

A screech pulled the thick colt from his trance, his mismatched eyes focusing on his girl. She clung to a tree above his head, wings spread wide on her back, her sides puffed out. She felt threatened, and she needed to appear a bigger threat. Confused, Abraham shook his horned brow and snorted. Come down here. He willed her, glancing her way with storm and olive eyes. Hissing lightly, Gwyn floated lightly down from the tree, grabbing his mane with her human-like yet serpentine hands. Images flashed in Abraham's brain of himself, and then of the blank, pale color of her own scales. Abraham was confused once more. He did not understand what she was attempting to show him. Sighing, the colt continued his voyage onward. In the distance, camouflaged carefully by leaf covered branches, he heard a voice. The deepness of the voice masked the articulation of the words, but the curiosity the youngling felt in the very core of his being pulled him towards it.

Before him was a great unicorn, even through the dirtiness and blood that clung to his pelt. A long, blue horn protruded from his forehead. Abraham stopped, wonder mesmerizing his youthful gaze. His jaw gently hung open, confusion still fogging his brain. What was this stallion doing down here, looking so forlorn? Cuts and dirt littered the white hide, black spots unrecognizable through the telling appearance of the friesian's past. "Are you ok?" Abraham blurted out, Gwyn growling gently from his crest. The blackened colt stepped forward, squaring himself up just a few yards different from the form of the large man laying before him.

"What happened to you?"

All hail the tip of the spear the misguided, unyielding force, unleashed abroad a foreign nightmare of pain
[Image: xk84bk6.png]

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme
Ascended Helovian

Mauja Frosthjärta
[ Blaming his fever for the slight weirds in this post. xD ]

He wasn't sure if moss was the best thing to eat, because, y'know, it's moss? It had a strange texture, but was blessedly moist, cupping the natural humidity of the cave on its strange "leaves". In and of itself it wasn't as juicy as spring grass (as his tired body rumbled awake, his belly informed him he'd kill for a bite of that right now), more like the dried, browning grass of autumn, but the texture—it felt like eating seaweed. (He'd tried that, once. It had been a dare back home.) Or.. something. It was the strangest mixture of dry and wet he'd ever come across, but he chewed it diligently, jaws grinding it down to a salivated glob. It chafed against his raw throat otherwise. But, the strangest thing he'd eaten or not, it was nutrition, something to fill the empty spaces in his gut, something for his acids to pry on instead of the inside of his stomach.

But of course, he wasn't going to be left alone. He never got to be left alone. Lots of horses had probably passed by when he was passed out, too. The dragon's screech sent a lighting bolt through his feverish skull, courtesy of the fact that his entire body jolted at the sudden sound. The heavy vegetation of the cavern swallowed the echo. Mauja let out his breath in a tentative, unimpressed snort, and continued to chew his mouthful of moss. Moss. Seriously. But Irma, amused and relieved that he was fine and that the egg was fine, just told him she'd seen dozens of horses graze the moss, and none of them had died yet. You can't.. "graze" moss. You have to moss the moss.

Shut up and eat. Said lovingly, of course.

And then, the peace was broken. It was no surprise, given the proximity of the dragon's earlier screech, but it was an incredibly unwelcome distraction. Mauja was hungry. He wanted to eat. Painstakingly he tipped his head backwards, raised his heavy crown towards the cavern roof, and stared at the face of his disturber. It was.. small. Set on a foal's body.

Well, at least it didn't have a huge, over-sized wolf-head full of sharp, hungry teeth. He'd had enough of wolf-headed foals to last him a lifetime. Though, they did have one thing in common: open jaws. Mauja chewed his moss with a fairly unimpressed air, staring at him with a mild kind of neutrality. "Are you ok?" the colt blurted, earning himself a few brownie points. The dragon, on the other hand, growled. Mauja gave it a sour glance. If it so much as breathed a tendril of flame in his direction, he'd fucking murder it on the spot.

No regrets. His head was pounding. What a damnable time to get sick.

The startled colt pulled himself together, and asked anther question—this one more composed, refined. Mauja took his eyes off the dragon. Up in her nest, Irma was tense, watching it with keen, blue eyes. I think it's in everyone's best interest that he keep his dragon under control. Speaking of which... Two horns hinted against its white body. A hybrid, then.

Whatever.

"I got stuck up on the surface a bit longer than was healthy," he responded after having, carefully, swallowed his mouthful of precious moss. His voice had a note of exhaustion to it, and he grimaced slightly. Every word had come out slow, pronounced with careful precision, because the heavy, dumb weight in his head threatened to slacken his jaws and tongue and slur his speech otherwise. It was a marvel he felt as composed and relatively friendly as he did. He could just as well have greeted the colt with an eyeful of spikes to send his ass over to bother someone else. And, courtesy be damned, he was hungry. Keeping one blue eye on the colt he lowered his head again, biting down a groan as the movement sent his head pounding, and grasped a mouthful of moss. Instead of tearing it off with a sideways motion of his muzzle he stubbornly ground the strange filaments between his molars until they yielded.
A million miles from home, I'm frozen to the bones, I am... a soldier on my own, I don't know the way.

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Had I gone crazy? I didn't know. I just didn't know.
My mind was spinning around in circles within the skull's bone, giving me only headache. The death of Azzaron had taken it's toll on me by now. Five days, since he died. Five fucking days. And it felt like none. It felt like it had happened only a few hours ago. His golden feathers that were woven into my mane rustled against my poll, making it even harder for me to forget about him. My Azzaron, my ruby, my dead mate. Why was my life such a misery? Why... Why was I still alive? A normal mare would've killed herself by now. She would've killed herself a long time ago. But no, nooo, not me. I just had to stay alive and enjoy this hell of a life. If you could even call it a life. It was fucking hell itself.
My life had never been easy and I know that I was a fucking crybaby for even nagging about it, but it was true. My dearest mother had died when I was only a few weeks old, my father hadn't fucking cared whatsoever, the herd had bullied me and abused me in every way. Then I came here, in hope that everything bad would be gone. But no. My new fucking home had been taken away from me within only weeks, I had been stolen and put in a cave while I was pregnant, I had been tricked into leaving my mate, then I had been forced to leave the herd, my mate and my daughter because of that fucking Mauja. The fucking King of Assholes. Maybe it was the pain talking, but I didn't know. I only felt pain. Sadness. Misery. But I didn't know.
I neither knew or cared anymore.

As I walked through the tunnels in this weird sanctuary, my necklace bumped against my bruised chest. On a thin, black thread was the amulet. A useless blue crystal, with it's backside covered by silver, had been given to me by one of the friendly spirits that we surprisingly enough met outside of Helovia. It was a lucky charm, which I called fucking bullshit. It was pretty, and matched my eyes - she had said. I only kept it because of that, because lucky charm my ass. I sighed and lowered my head, letting it hang close to the ground. This place felt so empty, even if I had my - almost - whole family here. Dezba walked beside me, quiet with her gaze forward. Another sigh. I felt that she listened to my thoughts and was disappointed, but I did not give a fuck right now. All that existed was the pain and the sorrow, filling me up inside until I was ready to burst. Bloody slashes mixed with bruises across my black hide stung and burned, as if I was on fire, but I knew that it wasn't real. Or was it? Right now, the pain was the only thing that mattered. I didn't even give a fuck what anyone thought of me right now. I didn't care if they saw the tears in the blue orbs I used to see, I didn't care if they noticed the feathers resting upon my poll and recognized them as my lover's.
I didn't care.

When I rounded the wall from the Sanctuary's entrance, where I had spent the most of my time just walking around staring at the floor, I saw a foal. It looked like it was around six months old, but what did I know. He was about the same size as Azarel, if not a little buffer and more muscular. Upon his withers sat a white dragon, a young one. It reminded me of Fajira and I took a step back, closing my eyes at the painful memory of Lace. Was my friend still alive? Dezba gave a little meow - I could tell from her mental images of Lace and us together that she was trying to comfort me - and my attention was directed to the colt again.
He was talking to someone and I stood still to listen to the conversation. It was a bit sneaky of me, but who the fuck cared? "What happened to you?" It was the colt. I hadn't seen whom he was talking to, but I automatically guessed that the opponent was wounded. Another victim of the wilderness outside Helovia? Dezba went ahead of me and sat fully visible to the two equines, giving me mental images of them.

The colt had a dark coat with white shoulders and front legs, and even a horn in his forehead. Or was it two horns? A white dragon sat upon his withers, seeming to dislike the opponent that they faced. I raised a 'brow at it. Who the hell were they talking to? Dezba turned her head and let me see through her electric orbs. This was something we had trained for, a lot. It helped lots when you were keeping watch for enemies.
White. The horse that the colt was talking to was white, decorated all over the body with black spots. It also was blessed with a frosty blue horn which penetrated from it's forehead right between two bright blue eyes. No. No, it couldn't be. It just couldn't. The reply on the otherhand said otherwise. The reply from the white unicorn made my insides turn twirl around. "I got stuck up on the surface a bit longer than was healthy." No. No. NO. What had I ever done to the Gods to make them hate me like this? He was down here. HE, was here.
He, the one who had made me leave my mate when he needed me. HE who made me leave my daughter, when she was still young and needed her mother to survive. He. The King of Assholes.
Mauja.

I couldn't stay out of sight anymore. Quickly, I rounded the corner and stared blankly at Mauja. My desired gave up a small roar as I surprised her with the sudden movement. The glowing mushrooms that were lighting up the room hurt my eyes, but they soon got used to the fluorescent light. "Why... Are... You.. Here?!" I growled, hoping to possibly interrupt the Fallen King. He was the reason for the hope I had felt when I first came here and he was the reason that I was miserable now. Amazing how many things that could happen within the lapse of a few years... How many opinions that could change within only a few months. "Mauja. The Fallen King of the Unicorns." A smile decorated my dark lips and I laughed a little, feeling the psychotic thoughts attack the back of my mind again. They had been coming a little now and then, but now - in front of the stallion I had promised to take out my revenge on - I felt them clearly. "Mauja the Fallen Ice King... Oh my Gods, I feel like laughing. Imagine, after all this time, we finally meet again. Isn't it a bit ironic? When the world is ending, we are forced together into the same place. Isn't it ironic that you seemed to have escaped death... when death is all you deserve?" Another step closer. Dezba stood by my side, glancing up at me. 'Delinne. Calm down. Don't let the thoughts take over.' I looked down at the dark jaguar, raising a 'brow at her. 'Why?' I asked her, but I never received a reply. She just looked back at me, and then back at Mauja.

A smile decorated my lips again, a smile a bit too wide to be considered friendly in this situation. "Heh, have you missed me, King? I sure haven't missed you. You know, I was all alone for a few months after you forced me to leave all alone. Did you know that? But then Azzaron escaped and met me in the Deep Forest. Oh, Azzaron... He's dead by the way." The last words were said with a hiss mixed with a growl, my eyes were dark with hate. I took another step forward and felt the ground change from stone to something softer. I glanced down quickly and noticed it was darker. Moss. I locked my gaze on the white crossbreed again. Tears started to burn in my eyes and I felt one fall and dabble the cut on my cheek. "Azzaron is dead... And we could've had more time together if it wasn't for you." My voice was a lot darker than usual and my throat vibrated with every word. This fucker... He was the reason I was miserable. If he had not imprisoned Azzaron, he would've been strong. Maybe even alive.
'Calm down. Mauja is sick with fever. Can't you see that?' Against my will, Dezba forced me to see Mauja through her eyes. She saw a sick, unstable stallion who was eating moss. I saw my enemy. 'I don't care, Desired. He... If it hadn't been for him, Azzaron could still be alive. Life for a life.'
Growling, I stared at Mauja and waited for a reply. Now, it was his turn to speak.

"Talking."

ooc: .... Psychotic Delinne.
word count: 1539

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

Lesion and laceration, notches and vermilion flag blemishes pressed into fingerprint crevices and canine toothed jaw, thin flesh collapsed and crinkled beneath tenacious serration and greed driven starvation, each lash of contact a crack of a whip against her sinew— too slow, too slow, too slow and it is always then that the dim caresses of the lull drive her back into the inevitable annihilation of her kind, for beast and equid have come together in unholy sanctity in order to create the mutation, slavering maw and boyish in frame, far too blown out of physical proportion for the realistic meanderings of a mind to take hold. It is always the same since salvation grasped bony slim fingers upon the Frostheart and she, he with towering statues of glacier, and she with meager bodice and fleeing hide. She has dreamt the scenery again and again within a tumbling mind, thrown askew upon tremulous wavelengths, and each time she awakens perspiration drenches her lacerated sinew and reopens inflamed and raw carvings, one stretching from flank to brisket in it's entirety, contused upon her starboard side. Purging of the flesh and laving require delicate care, for one cannot bathe in too many sources of water (lest another equine come to drink from the infected liquid and fall ill themselves)— and so she has been meticulous, leaving it salty with sweat and earth for days before deciding upon a suitable dipping place. Restoration is not the Nightingale's forte, although poison is listed among the various damnations that occur to her mind, and mild herbs in which to mend ache of mind and frame, to soothe, to bring peace upon. Yet, the movement required in which to nudge bandage into wound and anti-bacterial into claret is difficult, lending only to further ripping the clotting cells, and so she does not try, does not attempt after the first declination of agonizing misstep.

The Nightingale does not concern the minds of fretful others, for she is too aware there are far too many souls to replenish, to mend fractured minds and bone alike, and so she does not speak to that which would aid her in her conquests, her deliverance— she does not forget that there is one under her care neither, a icy king of the arctic brine (it is legended among her kin that all crowned have stepped from sea and froth, and he commands her attention with the twitch of a hark). And so she queries, queries the outside realms drenched in demise and queries the internal veins of each grotto, each gently carved stone, she queries the memories jutting from within her mind.

And when salvation presents it's scalding grin and saccharin sinew, the heavy tang upon her tongue and the ever present scent of citrus fruit, she is elated with tremulous jubilance and alleviation, ravishment in knowledge, for what little it may do gleaming as a beacon of light within the canvas of a frail cultured mind, and she traverses once more to the realm of fluorescent hues and glittering blossoms.
It had not been painless and smooth of a task for her to lug his burdensome frame into the grotto of organic constellations and imitations, of twinkling buds and tropical fragrance, for although he was no lard filled swine he was far from the doe legged ship of a colt— higher in both physical clout and crest than she, for she was built with the thin flesh and traditional bodice all women within her homeland were expected to be bred with, spindly as a immature sapling.

But the girl would not leave him to rot.
She would not abandon that which had lent aid upon their return, would not abandon that which she had grown ever so affectionate with. The strange meanderings of a king, the harshness of a blizzard, the softness of snow. He and the angelic Queen Irma had placed intrigued queries upon her soul, for she was as curious as the weaving river and as fickle as the tide.
Indeed. She had laid hexes upon him at first viewing, for it was the curse the King Crow had labeled her, it was the damnation she had come to believe (no matter what honeyed words her comrades would protest), and she would do well to assist him from the carnage she had caused.

And so she had brought the minuscule clumps of ivory and yellow buds, the emerald stalks still attached to their tops, it's crisp perfume tickling her maw, meticulously held between alabaster lips, but when the Nightingale entered the grouping in which she had placed the Frostheart, she found with a undesirable twist in her stomach the aquamarine and leafy painted hues of two others, the scent of one familiar within her mind (she recognizes her as the woman Leto and her companion, Dezba, within milliseconds of her arrival).

She is bloodied with claret, a tinge of madness gleaming within her ocularis and a sturdy lad of onyx and alabaster, a pallid dragon accompanying him. She did not recognise he, and a dip of the dome was given with a gentle curve of the lips towards his ship— but his existence was dropped from her mind at the distressing poison within the woman Leto's voice (for surely she would have had better manners if it had not struck such vexing malaise into her cranium, the soft smile dropping from her maw).

Scorn and slanderous speech arose from Leto's quarreling vocals, disdainful mockery of the Frostheart (why does that which has been her saviour in ice deserve the kiss of death?) and his title, of Zeus and his demise. Confounded in the stridence of the lightning borne woman's lyrical words, she stands as a meek creation in the background, for what reason would he have to have caused the malnourished demise of the Olympus Lord quicken? He had been lost among the damnation of the outside realm, for she had found him, about to have been mauled by the horrific and slavering maw of a mutated monster, and so the insolence of her words rang through her mind with both unsettled dropping of the heart and the mild twistings of acrimony within her bosom.

With haste she dances forth, glancing first at the Frostheart, violent and gloom ridden gaze softening with tendrils of warmth before laying the tangy flowers down before (she hopes, if he does not move) him. Lyrical and silvery murmurs escape her from somewhere between her lungs, as delicate as the thrum of rain against glass panes.
"I am.. elated to see you are awake. I have brought to you feverfew, a flower in which I believe to aid in your recoveries and welfare. It may taste sour to the pallet, but I have seen the doctors in my homeland use it on occasion for the needed patients of my kingdom." A glance around the contours of the room result in the pallid feathers of Irma— relief drumming within her heart.
"And you as well, my dear."

The darkness that curls within her chest writhes as a monstrous creation, reaching around the glass surface of her soul and turning twinkling pearls into lurid stone (for if she were a feline, the twisting length of her tail would whip back and forth in ire). The crazed expression in Leto's gaze reminds her of that of her kin, and she has long since learnt how to deal with the mad.
"Leto! Calm your mind, sister. You must be confused. This man does not deserve thy's rage, he has saved me from the grasping jaws of the mutated beasts outside this sanctum." The gentle pitter patter of rain has increased to that of a scolding downpour from her maw, glancing briefly with confusion at the blessed jaguar (what is going on here, speaks her mind, for she understands naught the situation she has stumbled into) before back to the woman. "Do you not see he is ill? And how dare you start that of a quarrel within this holy place! The divines have blessed us with purities, would you scoff on their graves?"
The lengthy aureate feather from Zeus gently blows within her mane, rustling movements from the force of the waterfall near them, catching it's fragrance within it's contours.

She wonders if he is listening.
She wonders if he, too, queries Leto's state of mind, or if he understands the depth of which her madness has driven her.

From the Queen of England
To the hounds of Hell

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
ABRAHAM

The dark prince watched the sooty, bloodied stallion with curious eyes, his ears twitching behind his crowned forehead. "What is so dangerous on the surface?" Oh, scorn the colt for his ignorance. He did not know anything of the disease that leaked through Helovia, for he had merely followed his father to these caves on the heels of his twin. Gwyn, eyes hard on the pair of bonded before them, silenced. She felt no threat from them, their tired eyes and the lines of dirt and blood that swirled intricate macabre on their bodies. The reptile brought her wings to her sides, dropping down from Abraham's head to the mossy floor at his hooves.

Abraham took a step toward, lowering his head to scent the stallion before him. "My name is Abraham...is there anything to--" The colt was caught off guard at the approaching jaguar, and finally the voice of a dark mare made his muscles clench and his head snap to attention, his neck curling over his shoulder to see her approach. She had the same kind of build as the blue-horned stallion at his feet, but her coloration was strictly opposite him. She was dark with light markings, and he was light with dark markings. His mismatched eyes narrowed darkly at her approach, and he turned to stand a perpendicular guard for the white stallion. "Leave him alone." Abraham growled, chin tucking as he lowered the tips of his horns for the female's chest.

Gwyneverre snarled, hissing greatly as she jumped up towards the new friesian mare, spreading her wings and throwing clawed hands towards her face. The white dragon fed off of her bonded, but as well the desire to protect him fueled the very depths of her soul. She turned in the air, grasping the dark prince's mane and resting on his poll. With fiery eyes she watched Delinne as she spoke, growling darkly, traces of a hiss spilling from the cage of her ribbed teeth. Abraham did not stop his bonded at all, but the presence of the new mare was nearly lost on him. All he could think of were the lessons his mother had given them. She had taught him where to slice and where to stab, how to move his legs to wield the power of his father and the grace of his mother.

All hail the tip of the spear the misguided, unyielding force, unleashed abroad a foreign nightmare of pain
[Image: xk84bk6.png]

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme
Ascended Helovian

Mauja Frosthjärta
"What is so dangerous on the surface?" He was beginning to regret his choice to eat more. His muzzle was against the ground, lower jaw grinding slightly from side to side, but to speak, he would need to hoist his head up again. Reluctantly he swallowed, and hauled his head up a little higher. Amazing, how much one head can pound. And it was doing it all by itself, too. Just wonderful. "Shadow creatures," he responded, each word painstaking and carefully pronounced, flown from an aching mind to a tired tongue. His voice was barely more than a rumble and a whisper, carried through the still, silent air but with no force behind it. "A child, with a wolf's head." A child with a wolf's head, whose teeth had slid through skin like a hot knife through butter, leaving long, red stains and putrid flesh. If Mauja had meant to say more, describe Ktulu and the hell-mare who had woken him, it was lost. The graceful descent of the dragon eclipsed his attention, one blue eye tracking it slowly as it fell to land upon the moss. It had stopped hissing. Had stopped acting like a menace.

The colt was proving to be less of a pain than Mauja had first expected. Of course, the first blurted query had been as blunt and head-on as to be expected of a child his age, but if he had a leaven of morbid curiosity, it was well hidden by some kind of concern. It was touching, almost, that a stranger—a young stranger who likely had little concept of altruistic kindness—could seem so caring, of another stranger. One who was nothing but a broken piece of horseflesh lying on the ground, chewing moss like it was his lifeline. Unable to make heads or tails of it, he couldn't put his hoof on what was the strangest with the whole thing, but something was just.. strange. Everything was strange. But his name was Abraham, it was a good, solid name, and then everything really derailed.

He cut himself off mid-sentence, and turned to look at something in the vicinity. It wasn't just a glance to see what was around, but a pointed look, sort of like what the hell are you doing here?, and just as Mauja began to turn his head to try and see what it was, an oddly familiar voice cut through the pleasant air in an unpleasant way, and Abraham jerked around. "Why... Are... You.. Here?!" The growl was unpleasant, grating against his ears, and as the mare went on, it still took him quite some time to realize that she was, indeed, talking to him. And it had been a jaguar, that thing to have caught the child's attention at first, and slowly, slowly, Mauja's head swung to watch the mare. His eyes traveled up from heavy hooves to strong, black legs, up a bleeding chest to a bleeding face, all piercing blue eyes and white lightning stripes. A horn spiraled from her forehead, voice spitting venom and eyes a-gleam. She wore a smile he could only call deranged.

It was with a kind of slow, slack-jawed feeling that Mauja listened to her tirade, and to the colt, who moved to stand between them, lowering his horns in obvious threat and telling her to back off; a sentiment shared by the dragon (had he really disliked it first? his prejudice wasn't doing her justice, and he quickly amended his opinion of it to something a lot more benevolent). Inwardly, Mauja smiled, still not quite comprehending everything that was being said but pleased someone had waved something sharp in Delinne's face on his behalf.

And was that Circuta hovering somewhere behind Delinne, looking quite perplexed and lost?

He drew a deep breath in through wide nostrils, tried to clear his head even as he listened to the many cruel words falling from Delinne's tongue like poison water, pus bleeding from an infected wound. Some part of his mind told him he owed her as much, for what he'd done, the games he'd played with her on the chess board, but the major part of him was just annoyed she was taking it all out on him. ".. Isn't it ironic that you seemed to have escaped death... when death is all you deserve?" It sounded so much like that pegasus girl by the Heart, who yelled at him that he deserved it, too, that he had to wonder what was up with him and deserving what he got. As if Karma ruled it all, when it was just the actions of mortals. By now, his ears had fallen back, but through the haze and the pounding of his head, the only expression on his face was one of polite disinterest, as if he really couldn't be bothered with her right now. And if he could've, he would've told him his office was closed, and she could come back another day, please and thank you.

As it was, he couldn't tell her to just piss off, but the ever-patient King had no patience, not when sick and bleeding and tired and not even a king, despite her bold flaunting of his ex-title. Truly, it was flattering, the respect she had held for him: the respect which made her tongue call him such fancy things, and hate him so much. Flattering, and bothersome, that he'd been enough of an idiot to lose it all.

Abraham was silent, but Circuta butted in, shoving past them to put down flowers by his maw. He felt a bit dumb, just lying there in their midst—dumb, and vulnerable. But Delinne wasn't enough of a reason to get up. Getting up would mean acknowledging her as a threat.

No, he was more powerful on the ground, listening in with black-rimmed ears to the low murmur of the Nightingales' voice, like a black creek on a starless night. He grunted in response, not finding it in him to distrust her. Irma peered down at her, chuffed to herself in an owl's way, but did not acknowledge her further. And Mauja, he didn't care what it tasted like, just ate it all up, listened to Circuta try and hammer some kind of sense into Delinne. And since when had he saved Circuta? He was under the impression it was the other way around, because let's be honest here: without her showing up to tell him he had a means of survival, that wolf-child would've been feasting on him by now.

He should've let it be. He should've left it at that. He should've just shut up, and let Circuta deal with the crazy mare, talk sense into her or just tell her to sod off; he should've let Abraham stand guard and Circuta talk, and all would be well.

But he was tired of being sensible. He was tired of righteous fury aimed at him. He was tired of always, always being blamed. He was sick and wounded and the more that what she'd been raving about sank in, the more the black, black fury in his heart awoke. It growled like a waking beast in its cage, the warning hiss of a viper uncoiling; Mauja's blue eyes were frigid as the northern snows, mouth moving even as the small, sane part of his mind yelled that he should save face—not wanting to disappoint the brave, protective colt, nor turn the enigmatic Circuta against him.

He didn't listen to that voice.

"You should've thought of that before you did as I said," he rumbled through the pounding headache, still neatly on the ground with no intention of getting up. If what he said seemed odd, disjointed, it was because it was, going back a few pages in a conversation which had moved on without him. His gaze was pinned on Delinne. "You could've acted instead of fled like a child, waiting for him, instead of taking him." His voice was no more a whisper; the anger in him was a beast, a shadow in his eyes and all the strength of a slow-waking lion thrumming through his tense neck. It was the only thing making sense through the pain and the fever, a ray of blackened light arcing through the haze. "Your accusations say more of your own shortcomings than they say of me," he ended it with, too tired to speak at length, but his gaze was cold and hard, unforgiving.

What she had done, had been her choice. A King was only a King for as long as his subjects obeyed.
the path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
"Leave him alone." I raised a 'brow at the colt, not telling him off. He was a colt, after all, and I was the mother of one. But I seriously considered it when the foal lowered his twisted horns to point at my chest, making me growl as a warning. "Don't--" Unfortunately I didn't have time to say more as the white dragon - whom I had compared to Fajira - jumped towards me and tried to claw my face. 'ARE YOU SERIOUS?' I thought and I heard my Desired growl loudly next to me. I felt a single claw rip open one of the dried half-healed wounds upon my nose bridge and I gasped, though instead of following it with a cry of agony, I smiled. Widely. "Oh, thank you. Just what I needed." The smile upon my lips became even wider, showing the top row of my yellowing teeth. They had a rusty color, but that was of no surprise considering what I had been through. Dezba growled even louder, staring at the two horned males. 'Silence, Desired. I do not want you to get hurt. And these do not deserve that. Yet,' I thought and to my surprise, she actually stopped growling and sat down next to me. Her glaring eyes didn't leave them though.

The lack of reply that Mauja gave me made me frown and I glared at him with the same intensity as before. "Don't you have anyth--" I started, but stopped as Cir came up by my side. One thing I had not expected was to see her walk up next to me, cooing over our spotted kin and I basically just stared at her, confused and hurt. She talked to Mauja and his bird as if they were friends, but why? Why was she nice to him? This all confused and irritated me so damn much, but worst of all was when she turned her head to me. "Leto! Calm your mind, sister. You must be confused. This man does not deserve thy's rage, he has saved me from the grasping jaws of the mutated beasts outside this sanctum." EXCUSE me? "Do you not see he is ill? And how dare you start that of a quarrel within this holy place! The divines have blessed us with purities, would you scoff on their graves?" I flicked my ears back, pressing them tightly against the feathers upon my poll. No. Was my friend really turning against me? For HIM?! My lips parted and they formed words that were raspy and low. "I don't care. I JUST DO NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK ANYMORE. I would rather be dead than alive, to be honest, but I have a family who needs me... Unfortunate, isn't it? Circuta, this excuse for a stallion does deserve my rage. He's the reason for it." Tears started to wet my eyes, but I did not allow them to roll down my cheeks this time.

"You should've thought of that before you did as I said."

Oh great, his turn. I turned my head toward the white stallion, my ears still tightly against my poll. The golden feathers rustled slightly, both comforting and saddening me at the same time. "You could've acted instead of fled like a child, waiting for him, instead of taking him. Your accusations say more of your own shortcomings than they say of me." Without a word, I took a step toward the Fallen King, my eyes closed. When I was only two hornlengths away, I stopped and opened my eyes wide. I stared at Mauja, my eyes were wild and a smile creeped on my lips. "I wish so badly that I had cut your wonderfully white throat back then. I. Wish. But I didn't. I did not attack you, because deep deep deep down I still believed in you as my King. Surely, I should've known better. You're nothing but a parasite." I hissed, feeling the need to just attack him now. But that would be weak. Attacking a horse lying down would be like drowning a newborn kitten.
"Mauja, I really... I really wish, that I hadn't searched for you after the Battle. I wish that our paths hadn't been crossed again. Because, I might just've been fine, if I had continued my life without you. I fled like a child, because... I was still a child, in my mind. I never had a childhood. I was never allowed to be a child." I stopped. "Okay, this ain't gonna be no sobstory. We don't have time for that. I'm a different mare now. I'm all grown up, with a family. If you exclude the father, of course." I glared at him, smiling. "Oh, I am different now. I'm grown up. Aaaaall adult now."
I lowered my head to meet the stallion on eye level, glaring with eyes full of hate at him. The rage was filling my body to the limit, a wonderful feeling that I had gotten to know. If I had a bad temper before, you don't even want to know now. "I want to rip out your throat now, taste the flesh of my Fallen King so badly. I simply wish to see you dead, Mauja. To see your dead body at my feet, to taste your wonderous royal blood on my tongue." I whispered the words with a smile, as if I was telling my child that he was allowed to go out and play as long as he came home for dinner. "And I will someday. Mark my words, King." I hissed the title he had used long ago, before I straightened up and backed away. I backed until I was beside Dezba again, who just stared at me. 'You're gonna regret that,' she said and I just smiled at her. 'I know, but it felt good.'

Turning my head slightly, I glanced at Circuta in anger. "Why did you go against me? I thought we were friends, Amika. Friends don't do that to their friends."

"Talking."

ooc: Deli is scaring me. @[Circuta] @[Abraham] @[Mauja]
word count: 1006

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

In the reticent contours of her fragile mind, the gentle thrum of crunching buds and tender stalks registers within her conscience with ardor — a soothing wash of warmth spreading from her bosom throughout her veins, for the Frostheart has depended upon her and she has not let him down (and if the trembling speech within her cranium recognizes that she has pursued after the ice cloaked man as a lost young pup behind its master's feet, it remains as concealed as the breeze on a winter's eve). She has brought to him a herb in which to aid, to rejuvenate, to alleviate and mend agonized minds and feverish claret, and she allows the gentlest of sighs to pass through shuddering lips, even as the snowy Queen perched atop the callow tree chuffs in salutations.
  She almost forgets that she is in the middle of poisonous words and vile spittle and that Leto gazes upon her with such utter chagrin that it would wash through her soul and frame as a wildfire, scalding her with arduous flame, she almost forgets that there is a young boy with his weaponry aimed at her friend's battered ship. She wished she could have stayed that way, wiped the animosity and resentment and anarchy from her mind, wished she could have simply relished in the silence of a snow laden owl and a charcoal flecked, glacier hearted King (as the lightning-born woman so seems to speak of him).

She wished she wasn't a derelict fool with a curse upon her heart.

But the inevitable downfall arrives, as the rain does not wait for the imploring wants and desires of a mortal, and as the rain, the aftershock of its icy fingers leave her in the perpetual continuum of misery and distress, sending wavelengths off her frame, rattled to the bone at the abruptness of her voice flooding the echoing space, her rough song shattering against her harks as a dagger to twist in her heart.
"Stop," comes the minuscule whimper of a tremulous breath, harks fixing upon the woman as if she is a threat, and perhaps some more enduring half of her essence shrieks its rage and defensive ire of the glass-encased and ticking clock inside her bosom, fearful and frightened of the idea it may fracture under the force of her words. But as soon as a lull breaks between them, his voice ricochets into the room, as soft as rainfall and as firm as the wind against her flesh, as the ground beneath her hooves. There is some tale of damnation between the two figurines, some history in which she has yet to write unto her perception and carve into her sinew— and her breath wobbles out, quick and brief, and she does not know if this escalates into more than a heated conversation if she can stop it and her mind screams at them, it screams and screams and her throat feels hoarse even though she isn't speaking to cease this, cease this because the foes outside the sanctum in which they bow their heads are real and alive and they cannot do this.
  They do not heed the clamoring song inside her mind, do not heed the warning bells that chime as birdsong within her core, and as the lightning-born steps forward with insanity in her clouded pearls she sways as a leaf upon the wind, for she speaks of cruor spilt upon the ground and cessation and the Frostheart and his throat slit and she would cry out if she could force the words past her tongue, if she could force out more than a keening and almost panicked murmur.

"You won't— you can't— no, no stop it, stop it please," but her strained tongue only seems to worsen the situation, as when Leto stands once more, her gaze falls upon her, berating lyrics in passion and enmity to lay as a knife upon her skull.
  Something inside her splinters, a growing fault line within her shivering bodice until something warm and salty threatens to spill over the edge of her violent depths, and she imagines the dissatisfied glaciers of Allgemeine and he's dead but if he was there he would hate the foolhardy girl she has become.
 Feeble enough to believe anyone could ever cherish her, and unguarded enough to believe she could ever love when the bitter core inside her bosom has only ever been wrecked with grief.

And when she speaks again, it is with the voice of the dead (has she ever been so toneless before?).
"Leave." There's a cool dampness to her cheeks, a numbness to her bones, a lurch in her movements, and when she lifts her dome she does so delicately— as if it is a heavy thing.
"Or cease this hysteria at once. I allied myself alongside Leto." A baleful emptiness to her pearls, and she is retreating within herself because she forgot she was the only one she could trust. She is severed beneath the shell of her flesh, of the sinew that covers the bloodied beating thing in her chest, and she would rip it from its cage if she could.
"I did not give my heart and my loyalties to.. to this. And you will not talk to me in that tongue again, for I would have died for a alone woman at the contours of the World's Edge as she was attacked by drakes, and I would do so again on any eve."

From the Queen of England
To the hounds of Hell

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made