the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Girl's Mortality

Hellä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Here she was again, in this glowing room with her feet sinking into the the soft mushrooms. She had only been here once before, when she had met the painted mare pegasus. She hadn't really taken a good look at the place, but now that she was settled in and had the time, her nostrils filled in with the sweet smell of the mushrooms. The walls glowed with a bright, sapphire blue that Hellä didn't see so often. She beat herself with the fact that she hadn't looked at the ground in the first place. The cavern floor was filled with mushrooms, yet there was grass too.

Hellä had starved herself in the past few days because her she couldn't think straight and hadn't noticed the sweet, fresh grass. She was in no shape for fighting, and would regret even trying to fight in this condition. She could barely walk straight thinking about a battle with her ribs showing like they were about to tear right through her dappled skin.

The gray continued on, walking up to a small river with water as clear as the crystal. She was afraid to taste it, knowing that no such water could be as clear as this. If it was poisonous, she would surely achieve her death wish. But hopefully, it's not. She tried to comment to herself as she reached down to the river with her eyes closed. Hellä's throat took large gulps, sounding like a canon shooting a hundred pound ball from its grip. She may look like an idiot, but damn, was she thirsty.

When her thirst had finally been fulfilled, she moved to the side and looked for the largest spot with the most grass. Hellä wasn't as hungry as she had been before she had taken a drink, but she still felt as if she was starving. By the time her meal would be over, she should be as fat as the dove that Abishia had called her back in the waterfall room. No one had ever called her a fat, chunky, clean bird. Birds, were dumb. She was not dumb.

Hellä's muzzle moved from the mushrooms to the grass. The dewy grass wasn't poisonous; however, the mushrooms were. She narrowed her eyes at the mushrooms and snorted, watching them as they curled up into a ball-like figure. Her expression changed as she began chewing on the tender green. Her orbs began to soften and her muscles relaxed as she continued to feed her starving bodice.

@[Mauja]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Bit by bit, he was healing. The smallest cuts caused by the wolf teeth and his own incessant stumbling had healed into black, hairless scars, the tender skin still itching on occasion. The majority of them would grow over with white hair in a couple of weeks. And the larger ones.. they had all scabbed over, and no longer teared up on a daily basis. He'd even had to do it on purpose sometimes, spending painful hours lifting the scabs off with Irma's help and icing his own blood and wounds, hoping for the water to cleanse it. It seemed like it had. The last of the angry, warm welts of infection had receded a day or so ago, leaving his body to focus on the real healing work. He still moved gingerly, because the broken skin stretched uncomfortably whenever he did, and he concluded that on top of having had a fever from the infection, he'd also come down with a regular cold. Because while the infection had gone, a mild fever still lingered, and his throat still felt raw.

So it was pleasant to linger in his corner of the glowing cave, either ignoring anyone who passed nearby or giving them the evil eye so they shoved off without approaching him. He did it as much for himself as for Irma, who threatened to kill anything that came close to the nest. Mauja still wasn't sure what the future had in store for them. She left the egg tangled up in his mane on a daily basis to hunt, but the better he became, the more certain he was that he'd have to start taking over that. And he was far from a good hunter. He was a horse, dammit.

And thus, he found himself slowly ambling through the room, testing his limits. Moving still made his head pound, though not as vehemently, but he could do no more than walk without gasping for air and sending his heart hammering. Which wasn't all that strange, considering the state he was in. So he kept to a walk, ambled along, and peered at the multitude of horses crowded into the sanctuary. It seemed that mostly everyone had made it, given the quantity of them. So how had they found out? Followed trails? Who had figured out that this was a safe place?

Why had he been left alone up there, and almost mauled to death? Not that he was bitter or resented them their safety—after all, Circuta had been up and about, trying to find stragglers—but it just seemed typical that he missed out on something vital. Sighing, he plodded along. Soon enough he'd be too well to justify sticking to himself. There were those he had to find. d'Artagnan. Ophelia. Loudmouth, Psyche, Faelene. Maybe even Brisa and Nyx, and.. even though he didn't know where he stood with the Basin, they were still his people. His ears fell back in frustration, and his eyes settled on a mare which happened to be in his path. She was incredibly thin, her gray skin hanging over a bony frame, witness that she'd been more muscled in the past. Her coat was matted, dull iron lined with sapphire in the queer lighting, hair pale with dark locks. Dapples covered her flanks like bruises. Fortunately for her own health, she'd found a patch of grass amidst the moss and glowing mushrooms, and was grazing furiously. Good for her.

Less good for her, was that she managed to stand directly in his way. So he had two options. Either he stopped, or he walked into her—the third, obvious choice of simply passing beside her didn't really exist at that moment. And knowing how awkward it was to walk into strangers, and not to mentioned how irritating to be walked into, he chose to stop, maybe five yards off. His black-rimmed ears flicked forward, and he watched her with a mild kind of curiosity.

Being sick sucked. It did strange things to your head.
Mauja
must keep those black wings folded until the time is right
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered

Hellä
warm your hands on hellfire and brimstone
</style>

Hellä continued to eat the grass until she felt bored with the taste. Her legs ventured her up the path to a large spawning palace of glowing mushrooms. She drew in the scent and then exhaled, white vapor rolling from her nostrils. They were poisonous, of course. Her tail flicked with temper, but she moved away to the ones that weren’t so close to the glowing walls.

She inched closer to the water side, catching the sight of a few mushrooms here and there. Her muzzle lowered and she took a small sniff. They seemed alright, no potential whiff of poison. Hellä took a tiny bite from one and then paused. Something lingered in the air and it caught the attention of the young warrior. Her eyes tilted to the corner as she glanced at a white figure, with what seemed to be black spots. The orbs turned back to the mushrooms as a slight smirk curled from the edge of her dark libs. Hellä took one more bite after another and then stopped, perking her ears and turning her head to look at the muscular stud. “Damn mushrooms,” she muttered, but loud enough for the male to hear. “I knew there was something a little… tasty about them.” She giggled and started walking toward him, her tail swinging from side to side.

Maybe Hellä didn’t have to hide her flirty side anymore, because really, she had wanted to show it for a long time. It was the best part of her personality besides being a soldier. Being a warrior was nothing to joke about and she loved her position dearly, but sometimes, the poor mare wanted to show her other side, the less… Bloody side. She didn’t always want to play ‘fight or die’ game, it got boring at times. She didn’t mind the gore that the battling consisted, only that she had done it so many times; it just got exhausting.

Hellä grew closer to the frost-bitten steed and smiled, whipping her tail as it tried to cling to his chest. Her eye lashes fluttered and she rolled her orbs as she walked closer from the behind, circling him as if she were a preying lion. “What has the panting cat brought to me this time?” She snickered and then aimed to bump his shoulders on the left side. Hellä’s muzzle tried to draw closer towards his withers, but she held back and instead walked to the front. Her tail tried to aim again, but this time slashing for his face.

“What’s your name, boy?”

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

“Damn mushrooms,” she was saying as he stood there dumbly watching her, scabbed-over cuts and slashes littering his hide like a web spun by a drunk spider. Why was she even trying the mushrooms? Was she out of her mind? Then again.. it didn't have to be mushrooms that made you mad. d'Artagnan was quite proficient at finding plants that sent you through time and space—his recollection of that night was incredibly hazy, most of it forgotten except a few dim, lingering notions like.. walking through walls. It was the most absurd and illogical thing ever, and he wondered why he kept thinking he'd thought he had. It was just one of those things he couldn't quite shake, and now this worn mare was eating mushrooms. Saying they were tasty. Almost implying she was hallucinating.

Well, he was pretty damn real at least, and if she implied otherwise he might smack her just to show how real he was.

Though, the benefit would have to outweigh the headache. So only if she was really adamant that he didn't exist. Preemptively his ears flicked halfway back as she abandoned her patch of mushrooms and came swaggering over—because there was no other way he could describe it. The flickering of her tail only made her steps seem even more swaying, and with a sinking feeling he watched her approach. He felt like a deer in the headlights, trapped by his own stupidity at ever coming this way and his physical inability to run away. His heart was pounding, just as much from illness as from despair at his fate. Why was it always the mares? What did they see in him? What did they want from him? Even when he was covered in nasty gashes not even a week old, coat matted and eyes dull with fever—as far from frigid and graceful and unattainable as possible, even then they saw something in him, wanted something from him, came swaying over with feline smiles and mysterious eyes andandand... why?! What had he done to deserve this? What had he done to deserve having them fawning after him his entire life, charming him with magic or threatening suicide if they didn't get to bear his children? What God thought it was a funny curse?

He was too tired to move away, so he just stood there, rooted at the spot as she swept her dancing hips to the side, thick tail smacking solidly against his chest. She swept on, continued her infuriating dance around his tattered body, long lashes blinking over vividly blue eyes. He saw it only because he followed her movement, and it was getting harder to doubt her intentions—a tad malnourished or not, she seemed to have energy aplenty. Or, she was just plain cruel, wanting to lure in some foolish man only to tumble him out of her bed.

Well, he wasn't interested—in either scenario. He'd had enough of stupid lovey-dovey encounters, and certainly didn't want to be made a fool of.

Besides, he was probably too sick to manage to do a thing right now.

“What has the panting cat brought to me this time?” A sick old idiot, he thought sourly but said nothing; she prevented him from replying by bumping into him. Mauja staggered slightly sideways with a grunt, his balance not the best and damn but even that small motion tore at every healing wound, pain lancing through his nerves, but fortunately none of the lacerations tore open again. He gritted his teeth. What a jerk this female was, abusing a poor injured stallion this way—and for what? Her own satisfaction and glory?

And her inconsiderate treatment of him continued. As she came up in front of him again (trying to tantalize him with the view? he still felt fairly unimpressed) her ample tail smacked towards his face, and he had to close his eyes to not get hair in them. Besides, the motion made him jerk his head to the side involuntarily, setting off an avalanche of heavy boulders falling inside his skull. Through the pounding he barely registered what she said, and it took him a few seconds of standing like that—head turned to the side, eyes pressed shut and the rest of him perfectly still—before the nauseating agony dissipated. "I'm no boy," he finally growled out, too irritated to be polite. "And you're being terribly rude."

[ Grumpy Mau is grumpy :P ]
Mauja
must keep those black wings folded until the time is right
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered

Hellä
warm your hands on hellfire and brimstone
</style>

Hellä was feeling outstanding, her gestures for this stallions craved inside her, but she would not show him. He might think of her as an idiot if she did. So she decided it was best to keep her feelings to herself, seeing as the male didn’t seem too impressed. Her heart beat faster than it had before, but now it beat with compassion and pride. He was mighty and handsome, yes, but there was something else the poor mare saw in him, something that she didn’t see in most of the males around in Helovia. Hellä thought that he may be the knight in shining armor that would bow down and kiss her hooves.

What the hell is wrong with me?! Oh wait, now I know! IT’S BECAUSE HE IS DAMN SEXY! Wait, what did I just say? That was awkward, but very true. Just think; him plus me… HOT DAMN MUSHROOMS! We’d make a sexy couple. Did I already mention that this is one sexy pony? I can feel the heat rolling off his hotness. Wow, I’m out of my mind! Or I’m I? Because I mean, he’s standing right here in front of me doing nothing but glaring! Maybe he doesn’t like sex, but what man wouldn’t like sex with a hot mushroom lady like me?! Fuck, I just called myself a mushroom lady… Oh wells, makes myself seem a little more attractive, I think.

The dark queen chuckled at the Snowbeast as he growled at her simple questions. He was into no games, it was very obvious to her, but when it comes to a stud, the mares just want to joke around. And Hellä was one of those mares at heart. She accused males of being rude, heartless creatures. All studs just craved for reproduction, they didn’t give a damn about the mare. She, thoughtfully, put it to the test about her own little tricks to get back at them.

Hellä walked forward and then turned around, snickering at the beast as she did so. “Well, you surely are no man if you don’t like the ladies.” She paused for a moment and then smiled, perked her harks forward, and searched for a possible gleam in his ice blue eyes. “And I’m terribly sorry, it’s been awhile since I’ve met a, well, handsome man like you. I guess my tricks are a bit low lately.” She confessed and then bobbed her dome lightly, trying not to act like a fool.

I, hopefully, did not just scare him off, seeing as I just called him handsome. Why?! Why do I have to be a stupid little mare?! I’m not made to flirt with men! I’m supposed to battle! Stupid girly hormones, why you got to be so girly?! Damn, I’d be happy to chop his dick off and make it my own. Ew, that just sounded really gross. Okay, I’m just going to stop thinking right now, because, well, I think I just sort of puked up that mushrooms I ate earlier… Gross dude (I don’t even know what that is, it just came to me), gross.

She shook her dome free of the, off-subject thoughts and continued to look at the stud. But this time, she looked a little closer, trying to adjust her eye-sight to the blue-hue terrain. His body was covered in scabs. Her harks stood on end, seeing that he must’ve been in a hard battle not even a few months ago. Whether it be with an infected wraith running around outside the caverns or just a fight between another competitive victim, she couldn’t tell.

Image Credits

@[Mauja] Just tagged you since it's been awhile since I've posted. c:
I'm also trying out a new technique with my writing so that's why it looks different from my other posts. c: