the Rift

[OPEN] Rebirth

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
The girl's nightmare's behind her, she began to wander through the glowing room. Her rest had been far less rejuvenating than she had hoped for, but perhaps she hadn't really expected any better. After all, even without the blackness up above she had nightmares almost every night; unfortunately, she had apparently taken to screaming down in the caverns. Perhaps she wouldn't rest well until Kaj returned from above. He'd been gone so long, and he'd been so tired when he left her. She sighed. He really needed to listen to Res more. He needed rest.

But her wanders seemed to take her to a confusing place as she left the glowing room. She thought she was headed back out to the main cavern to find Res, to see if Kaj had made it home with Lace yet, but nothing where she was walking seemed even remotely familiar, and every time she turned the whole room seemed to shift and turn, to sparkle and dance even without a distinct light source. But happy accidents rarely bothered the girl and she tried so hard to find wonder in the place... still, somehow it would not come. Her mind and heart were tired, exhausted even, and with no chance that sleep in the caverns would give her the life she needed, the girl doubted she would find rest before all this madness ended.

Still, as she wandered on, the girl began to forget some of her depression, some of her sorrows, her loss, her worry, her stress. The dancing crystals seemed insistent, like they would not give up on her, would not let her wander through their mass without finding some joy, some of the childish heart that had been hers for so long. And so, eventually, she managed a smile, a faint one, but a smile nevertheless. And her blue eyes sparkled and she lifted her head and softly, oh so softly, she managed a nicker, a happy sound that filled her little portion of the maze, the idea that she was utterly lost suddenly gone from her brain. For a moment, for this wondrous moment, she was Kahlua again. The weight of the world was not on her shoulders, her friends were safe, there was no darkness, there were no terrible memories here in the caves. She was simply herself. Young and happy.

@[Leliel] and open for others!
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

I can't really say whether or not I actually like the cave that we'd taken shelter in with the rest of Helovia. Its not like I've actually been able to look at it to form an accurate opinion of it. I know there are many souls trapped underground with us. I hear them roaming around during all hours of the day and night. Their shuffling hooves can be a touch maddening at times, but so can the eternal darkness that surrounds me. I can hear their breathing, the rustlings feathers of other pegasi, mutterings of discontent. Every now and again I get a rough shove or some snappy remark when I bump into someone. At first I would snap my teeth in their direction but now its gotten to the point where I just ignore them and continue on my way to wherever it is I'm going.

I've tripped several times and I can honestly say that I'm pretty tired of it. My knees have scabbed over from tripping and falling. There's a dull ache with each step because my skin pulls against the scabs and sometimes they open and a little blood oozes out. I've actually been waiting for them to get infected, but Muriel has assured me time and again that its fine. I'm fine.

The sound of my steps change as I enter another room. There's more of an echo now so I feel like I can safely assume that I've left the hall I had been walking down. I blink and stare ahead at nothing, my ears rotate atop my head as I listen and I can hear someone breathing but I don't know how close they are. My nostrils widen as I breathe in and verify that there is someone else in the room with me, a mare, and one that I have never met before. My teeth clench together and I slowly unfurl all four of my wings and stretch them out to feel for anything nearby like a wall or the body of the mare that I know is in the room with me.

"."
@[Kahlua]

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
Basking in her happiness as she was, the girl practically forgot to pay attention to all the others around her. Besides, it seemed like there was always somebody crashing into somebody else. No matter how big the cavern was, it could never comfortably hold every citizen of Helovia. Thank goodness that it seemed like many of them were coming and going all the time, doing their best to cure the denizens of the land from the blackness that had swallowed so many. For her own part, Kahlua was not interested or capable of joining in on the effort. Mentally she was a child, and a damaged child at that. Physically, she cringed at the thought of gaining more scars. The one that ruined her left hip, a painful reminder of the Basin's invasion on the Edge, was enough for her.

So it was, oblivious to her surroundings as she was, that the painted girl found herself gasping and scooting gracelessly across the floor as feathers (quite a large mass of feathers at that) brushed against her hide. With her heart beating a little too fast and the whites of her eyes showing just slightly, Kahlua turned to find the electric blue stallion. “Oh,” she managed as she realized why the wings of the large stallion had seemed excessive even for his own size. However, in a moment, the girl's gentle personality gave way and, as the stallion had not yet attacked, she decided that she was safe for now and calmed down enough to offer a greeting. “Hello friend, I'm Kahlua,” and she nodded, oblivious as ever that he could not see her. Of course, the dusky lighting in the cavern did not help in her search for his eyes.

But, regardless of any of these obstacles, the painted woman was determined to find some joy in this cavern that had only brought her sadness, and so she chattered on brilliantly, looking up to him without fear, wondering if she would be able to find some joy where there seemed to be only sorrows. “I was of the Edge before, um, well... you know,” she stuttered a bit, memories drifting to those fleeting moments where she had been a wraith, a monster, a killer even. “But nevermind about that, how are you? Where are you from? Any good news?” And with a smile plastered on her face she waited, tail swinging easily around her hocks. Simple pleasures are so often the best.
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post