the Rift

[OPEN] Higher

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I have generally been one to wallow in self-pity, to allow myself to sink into the darkest pits of despair. I have lost myself in depression and anguish, allowing the world to move on around me while I remained immobilized by my own pain and fear. I have acted out of the desire to relive the lives of my parents - to find love, to make a family, to be loyal, and doting, and adoring, and honest. I have failed. But perhaps I have simply held myself to too high a standard. I come from a different land, a different world - love, I have seen, is different here. It comes in different forms, it shows itself in different ways. And as everything around me has moved forward, I have been so wrapped up in the past that I have simply stood still. Things have been changing, and I have missed it. And it is entirely my own fault.

I will always miss my parents. I will always view their relationship as perfection, as an unattainable goal to strive for - but as all perfect things, being able to find such a love will prove impossible. But that doesn't mean that I am a failure. I have found love, so much love - Rowan, and Phaedra, and Rasta. Note loved me, and I loved him, but he disappeared when I needed him most; somehow, I have not been able to move on from that. Gaucho, even has given me as much love as his limited comprehension can give. He has offered me protection. He has given me a daughter. He has protected my home. No, the love surrounding me may not be perfect, but it is there, and it is mine. I don't have to be perfect to do wonderful things in this world. I have built the Wall (or most of it). I have made beautiful jewelry. I have visited the spirit world. I have survived against all odds.

I am beautiful.

I am strong.

I am loved.

I walk along the halls of the Sanctuary, and I laugh. I am free. I am free! How I long to take to the skies, to fly as high as the sun before folding my wings and falling back to earth. I long for the rush of the wind in my mane, the ruffling of my feathers, the warmth of the sun. I long for the dawn of a new era, one in which I can embrace even the oddest of my relationships, one in which I can show the world what I can do. I long for the day that I can break free of this dark, underground prison and find a new way, a new task. I long to make my feelings known to all that I care for, to show them that I understand their unique feelings, that I embrace the odd affections that they offer. Of course, I refer primarily to Gaucho. Most of all, I long to prove that I am a worthy mate. I long to show him that I can be all he needs. I long to prove that I am better than Ampere, who so clearly desires what is mine.

I will survive.

I will rise above.

"Talk talk talk."
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

The lady warrior didn't remember much about her parents. She had never met her father, just merely knew that he was a sperm donor...chosen for his speed and strength on the battle fields. There was no love in the relationship between her sire and dam, the breeding was a business move and not some kind of raw animalistic thing that many called love. Then there was her mother, she remembered her slightly, the image of her firey painted frame was foggy like the mornings by the waters. Cheveyo knew that he mother cared for her deeply, but when the time came for her training to begin the chestnut mare had given up her child willingly.
Occasionally the warrior painted with many colors wondered what her life would have been like if she had grown up with two doting parents. If she hadn't been weaned at such a young age to be able to begin the training that shaped her into who she was today, but most of this wondering was pushed aside fairly quickly as Cheveyo knew better than to wallow in the past. There was no point in mulling over what may have happened rather than looking forward to what the gods had in store for her future. Sighing the mare's chestnut harks swiveled slightly as she listened to the noise that the masses of bodies in the Sanctuary created, a light smile tugging at the corner of her soft pink kissers as she tuned out the ruckus and focused instead on the sound of her own peachy daggers hitting the stone ground beneath her.
The gentle echoing of the sound created by being alone for once was relaxing, and even though her muscles were contracting and relaxing as she was moving herself forward through the tunnels that would bring her to the place she had literally ran into the bay stallion with the flaming wings, Cheveyo could feel the stress and the headache slowly fading away into the comforting darkness. She wasn't entirely sure why she was headed down this path once more, especially considering she had plenty of other rooms to explore and discover during the time they would spend underground. Or better yet, she could be doing her job and standing at the entrance, but as of late it seemed people were growing tired of seeing her oddly painted frame standing guard. Snorting softly the mare shook her skull, that was fine. She was growing quite tired of seeing the idiots anyway.
Being alone was much better.
The sweet isolation of being able to hear her own thoughts and her own hooves beat against the ground.
Everything about it was perfect.
Except for the fact that she could still feel the strange tingling sensation that the bay's flaming wings had left her with. Still feel the lynx's paw pressed against her leg as if she was being accepted into some kind of secret group. If she were to somehow bump into the stallion again, not literally this time, her day would be entirely made. Forcing the smile from her face the sturdily built mare took the final step into the Wall of History, only to realize that the smile would have dissipated on it's own.
The flaming wings were nowhere to be seen, the lynx hadn't came running to her side as she was so badly hoping would happen. Sighing softly the mare allowed her flower hued pools to drift about the room taking in the sights that she had missed from being to busy gawking at the handsome green eyed stallion, when they landed upon a lone pale ghost standing off slightly from the entrance her tiara hung lower than what she expected it was normally carried. Flicking her flaxen tail against her splashed barrel the lady warrior, against her wishes, took a step closer to the beauty nickering a greeting so she wouldn't startle the creature.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Sohalia]
Words;; Six Hundred and Sixty Eight
OOC;; Wee~

Original Image

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Sohalia

The walls around me seem to shimmer and shine with their own flickering light, not unlike the careless, shifting flames of my homeland. I must admit, this particular room of the Sanctuary is the most magical, imbued with the pregnant silence of that which finds itself god-touched. There is a quiet ambiance to the hieroglyphic lines etched into the walls, their reliefs illuminated by the glow from within. It is quiet, but not silent, for the etchings seem almost to hum. I stretch my maw out and brush it along the smooth surface, and the wall feels warms beneath my touch. A soft sigh leaves my lips as I look around, a wondering expression on my face, but as my bi-colored gaze travels around the room, I realize that I am no longer alone.

The mare that has entered is taller than I, though that does not make her abnormally large, considering my petite physique. Healed scars crisscross over her chestnut, ivory-splotched bodice, suggesting that she spent a great deal of time at war. Several strange markings appear at odd intervals on her body, but they don't appear to be actual markings. It's almost as if they were added in after her birth. Something about the hardened lines of muscle and the strange markings make me think of Gaucho. He carries himself the same way, and I've wandered about his oddly colored marks. I hope that this mare is more well-versed than he in terms of language.

About the same time I see her, I hear a low, friendly nicker, and I smile in return to assure her that I, too, mean no harm. I lift my wings slightly, shaking them out before settling them alongside my bodice again. These caves are very cramped, and my wings are growing cramped from disuse. "Hello, friend," I call, and my voice echoes oddly against the glowing etchings of the room. My hoofbeats, too, ricochet off the walls before falling silent as I halt a few lengths from the newcomer. "These walls are beautiful, are they not?"

"Talk talk talk."
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Semper

Cheveyo was surprised that her heart hadn't beat right out of her chest with the anticipation that she might possibly get to see the bay with the stunning emerald eyes. She almost expected to be engulfed in his flaming wings as soon as her hooves hit the ground on the inside of the room, but disappointment quickly replaced the nerves of excitement as the painted mare realized that the one equine she desired to see was nowhere to be found in the room that told tales of the past.
Instead they settled on the ivory winged form of the little mare, she seemed to be nearly as small as the golden Rasta who followed Alleo around. But the feathered appendages sprouting from her slender shoulders gave her a look of being slightly larger than what Chev expected her to look like without them. Allowing her ivory lids to close over her orchid eyes for a moment the mare began her short trek towards the ivory beauty, the low nicker of greeting that slid off of her vocal chords was nearly involuntary, it was strange to have found herself to be a bit more social as of late. The painted warrior wasn't sure what had done it, but whatever it was it seemed to be working for her as Cheveyo couldn't remember a time that she knew so many different names and faces bumping around in her memory.
As her limbs ceased their forward movement the mare allowed her rose hued pools to drift away from the angelic being and focus on the strange markings that littered the walls around them. The last time she had been in this room the carvings on the walls were the last thing on her mind as the bay stallion had caught her attention nearly automatically. Of course it was automatically as she had collided with his side the first few moments of their meeting. Following each stroke in the wall the mare felt a feeling of longing wash over her frame; the artwork was so very familiar to the painted warrior. It was so similar to what had been drawn and painted on Kwahu's shelter and she still carried the markings on her own pelt. Swallowing hard the voice of another intruded on the memories of her past. "Hello, friend," The sound of hoofbeats against the rocky ground caused the mare's chestnut harks to swivel around, her eyes still focused on the walls for the moment until the gentle chiming of the mare's feminine lyrics floated through the air once more. "These walls are beautiful, are they not?"
The question in the mare's voice brought a soft smile to the painted warrior's ivory features as she turned to look at her new found companion once more. "They are quite beautiful. The stories behind them are breathtaking." Cheveyo didn't understand much of what the walls told, as the symbols changed between tribes, in fact she hardly knew enough of this particular set to be able to tell the white mare anything. But that didn't take away the beauty of the room, nor the value that she would now and forever hold it at. This was the closest to home that she would likely ever get… the closest to having Kwahu back. Flicking her flaxen tail once against her two toned barrel the mare forced the thoughts from her mind, there was no need in getting all emotional in front of a stranger.

"Words words words."

Tag;; @[Sohalia]
Words;; Five Hundred and Seventy Seven
OOC;; Sorry this took so long dear.

please tag Cheveyo!!

Sohalia

The caverns in which we have all taken up residence are awash in splendid beauty, the kind that I would have been thrilled to have found under different circumstances. Had I been underground by choice, I would likely have found the exploration of the various tunnels and rooms adventurous and intriguing. As it is, though, I have found the walls to be claustrophobic, at best, and suffocating, at worst. I have found my way through the rooms based on necessity, not desire, exploring out of some inner obligation. It has put a damper on my ability to appreciate the beauty, that is for certain. Still, there is a certain alluring charm in the etchings that grace these walls. Perhaps one day, I will return to study them more closely, take the time to ponder their meanings. If we ever escape these caves, that is.

The light is teal as it falls on our features, turning my ivory pelt a light sea-green. I gaze around me, taking in the various pictographs and runes displayed, and my curiosity flares despite my restlessness. Beside me, the painted mare seems to be doing the same. I find myself studying her surreptitiously from beneath lowered lashes, hoping for a glimpse into what makes her tick, why she is decorated the way she is, anything to give me a clue - though if I am honest, it is my sort-of mate that I seek the answers to, not this stranger. It is a moment before she speaks, and when she does I breathe a sigh of relief, for she speaks in more than grunts, as I had feared would be the case.

And what she says surprises me. My auds prick, and I regard her with interest, not hiding my gaze now. "Do you know what they say?" I ask, excitement coloring my crystalline vocals. I suppose if I am stuck down here, I might as well absorb the interesting things about the place. After all, as Rowan taught me many moons ago, it is important to cultivate our thirst for knowledge, lest it wither and die. I miss any emotion that flickers across the mare's maw, oblivious to her thoughts. I am absorbed now in the mystery of the walls, and I hope that she can shed some light on that which I do not understand.

"Talk talk talk."

Semper

Cheveyo was fairly certain that if it were under different circumstances that she would stand here for days on end trying to understand the scratchings on the walls. But considering the fact that she was under ground against her will the lady warrior could nearly feel her skin crawling with the desire to feel sunshine upon it once more. The fact that she couldn't leave the caverns without the possibility of dying made the etched marks swirl around and around as if she was some blind cross-eyed freak. Even with them swirling around like mad, they comforted the painted mare, reminded her of a time when things were simpler and life was almost easy. When all she had to worry about was bringing her boy home every day and not doing anything that would cause him to lose his seat. Not that the two leg she had bonded with so deeply would have lost his seat anyway, he was a good rider and he could tell when she was going to do something almost before she did.
Sighing softly the mare blinked her ivoried lashes over her orchid pools in vain efforts to stop the symbols from forming into the words that she held so near and dear. It was then that she saw the ghostly beauty's harks slam forward and her blue pools light up with excitement as a rush of high pitched lyrics exploded from her smoky kissers. "Do you know what they say?" Flicking her flaxen tail against her side once more the mare turned her orchid eyes to the mare who's attention was fully immersed in the wall before them. The white winged beauty had no idea what the symbols meant and what stories that happened to be engraved in the walls forever, but yet she was so enthralled and excited to learn that Cheveyo couldn't help but crack a smile through all of her war torn memories.
Looking away from the mare and back to the blue tinged walls once more the lady warrior spoke softly as if not to disturb the stories that were calling out at her from the walls, so many different stories, so much to learn and to grasp onto in such little time. "I understand some of it." As she spoke her orchid pools flitted up to one line in which she could piece together most of what was written. "It is a slightly different dialect than I was taught. But some words are similar enough." Figuring that the next question would be to read it, or even better, teach the mare a few of the symbols the painted mare braced herself for an even bigger flood of emotions and memories to come rushing back into the front of her mind like a flood from a dam breaking.

"Words words words."

Tag;; @[Sohalia]
Words;; Four Hundred and Sixty Eight
OOC;; w00t quick reply, sorry it's kinda short I'm running out of energy.

please tag Cheveyo!!

Sohalia

There are many Pegasi within these caves who would no doubt argue that they, above all, suffer from their confinement the most. After all, they might say, we are creatures of the sky. We fly close to the sun, float among the clouds, feel the wind whip through our manes. The equines and the unicorns, they say, may miss the feel of the sun on their backs or the landlocked breezes of the surface, but we - we are the ones who can only truly be alive when we are above ground. As for me, I am not one to belittle the pains of others. If the equines and the unicorns are as claustrophobic as I am becoming, who am I to say their unhappiness is less than my own? In any case, I am unaware of the painted mare's thoughts or the comforts that this wall provides her. All I have is my curiosity, the desire to know more.

Even if I had known of the war-torn memories of the fae, her smile would have reassured me. She seems eager to share her knowledge with me, just as entranced as I am with the engravings on the walls. I think of Rowan, and I know that she would have loved it here, even if she had not loved the circumstances. She would have sought out the caves' secrets, looked for the reason behind the darkness-infested land. She would have known what to do to fix it. But most of all, she would have been here, where we are standing, poring over the hieroglyphs, as we are doing. After all, I have seen her spirit in these very caves - how do I know that this is not where she has chosen to spend her afterlife? I feel closer to her than ever, and this mare is the reason.

She admits that she can indeed read the writing on the walls, and I nearly squeal with excitement. My desire to know more nearly overwhelms me, and though my hooves shift softly on the soft dirt ground, I manage to contain my glee. Barely. "That's amazing," I tell her with a smile. I pause, overcome with emotion of my own. "My sister, Rowan, would have loved this place," I say softly. Though not my sister by blood, she was by far the closest thing, and I had always considered her as such. "Could you maybe read just a little of it? If it's not too much trouble?"

"Talk talk talk."

Semper

The excitement that was washing off of the ivory mare in waves was beginning to rub off on the painted mare as she stood parallel to the much prettier creature staring at the etchings in the walls. It was comforting and depressing all at the same times to see the scratch marks that could easily be turned into some kind of words and eventually into stories to tell the young ones. Each story carried a different lesson than the other, each one had it's own moral and a new ending. Sometimes, the main character would get out of whatever event he or she was in without a single scratch. Sometimes, they would get out nearly dead, or one would die. And then there were the stories that most of the young ones adored, when the main character survived...more than survived he or she became blessed by the gods and thrived for the rest of their mortal lives.
Shaking her skull slightly the mare began to wonder why she hadn't been lead to notice the stories before now. Why had the gods allowed her to get so distracted by the handsome Note to not notice the familiar words the last time she had found herself in the room? Whatever the reason, the painted warrior was absolutely astounded by the room. It was breathtakingly beautiful, the fact that she could read the words just added to the beauty. For a moment, the lady warrior forgets about the winged beauty that is standing...more like wiggling, next to her as her orchid pools focus in on the words swimming around the room.
But her moment of peace doesn't last long as the mare's vocals pushed the floating sea of symbols away. "That's amazing, my sister, Rowan, would have loved this place." The way the mare hesitated ever so slightly and the volume of her voice dropped a couple notches caused a few notes of curiousity to drift through Cheveyo's mind, but no questions were asked as it wasn't her place to intrude on the stranger's personal life. Remaining tight lipped the painted lady flicked her orbs back to the wall once more only to hear the sound of the ivory lady's voice again. "Could you maybe read just a little of it? If it's not too much trouble?" She had been expecting this question to come as soon as she mentioned that the symbols were familiar to her, it was just a matter of deciding which story was worth telling and which would be a waste of precious time and energy that could be used in training.
Flicking her flaxen tail against her painted sides, Cheveyo sighed softly as she looked over the symbols one last time before allowing her rosy kissers to part. "Most of them are about the gods and what happens to those who disrespect them. But a few are about the good who praise the gods with all that they have, so they get rewarded." Cheveyo braced herself for the next onslaught of questions that she expected from the excited mare. She would probably want to know the details of a few stories, or better yet...ask about the painted markings on her pelt.

"Words words words."

Tag;; @[Sohalia]
Words;; Five Hundred and Thirty Three
OOC;; <3 grumbles you would make me actually come up with some story that is written xD

please tag Cheveyo!!