the Rift

[OPEN] damn the sun, damn the darkness

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

Well this is a dreary place. After much urging and energetic persuasion on the part of Circuta, and a somewhat begrudging Oxy, I finally moved from my spot in what they called the Threshold. Something about wraiths and bad things and darkness. I'm not particularly concerned - I have an unhealthy lack of respect for death and danger. I have stepped into the entrance of the cave, leaving the bright sunlight behind me. I'm not saying that I'm a big lover of the sun - it hurts my eyes when my hangovers are hitting. But at the same time, the source of vitamin D is appreciated. With a huff I step down the steep decline into the main room of the cavern. It's full to the brim with other beasts, and I grunt. I'm not a fan of crowds. Who is? Especially in an enclosed space.

I grunt again and move over to one open space I can find by a cavern wall. It requires squeezing past some other bodies, and their heat is overpowering to me. The liquid flowing through me heats me enough from the inside, I don't need to be baked by anyone else. With a groan I lower my body to the ground and lean up against the wet stone wall. If anyone needs to find me, I'll be lying right.. here... With a yawn, I begin to close my eyes. But as I do, something catches my attention. I blink and stare at it - an egg. It's got an eerie, sickly yellow green glow surrounding the hard black surface. Well, that's disturbing. Not to mention it has disturbed my impending nap. I stay lying down, but I am too distracted and a little unnerved to close my eyes again.

Text text text.
"Words words words."

OOC: first thread out of threshold. @[Seele], and @[Circuta] if you wanna join!

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
You see, my dears, it is great to be back at the top of the world again. I am healed. I am fine. I am myself. I am wearing Midas' gold feather again, and I trust that the entirety of the Asylum has not fallen to shreds in the time I was gone. Now it was simply time to get back out there and ensure that I know everyone that is considered to be my family.

My limbs were moving in quick elegant movements and cutting in and out of the masses of people with scents I didn't recognize. I wasn't too interested in them. Not yet anyways. I needed to find the rest of my family. I needed to make sure that everyone had made it here safely. But it was the movement of one in particular, who I didn't recognize from scent, that had me moving in closer. He seemed a little unsteady upon his feet and was beginning to drop down against the wall. It is when he is staring at an egg that I can't help but to let an eery laugh escape from my maw.

What he's doing? I don't really care. Looks like someone wants a birdie. Unheil jokes as I edge in closer and closer to the stag upon the ground. "What are you doing? It looks poisoned." I mutter, swishing my tail as I stood over him, yellow orbs focusing upon his frame, taking in each little indent and each protruding horn. Strong, in a sense. But was he stable? That was the more important question...

SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda
She lurks lingers at the entrance to the cesspit, the decaying hall filled with the doomed and the despondent, awaiting the arrival of the glorious sun, hungry for the dawn of the new day, lusting for power and strength of herdlands; she awaits the time to conquest and steal and p i l l a g e, to destroy what stands in her way. At her hooves tumbles the mongrel kitsune, his two tails knotting, his eyes gleaming with wine-gold cruelty and vindictiveness, souring the sweetness of the copper-scarlet; their minds melt and ebb and tie together, waves of vile ambition and mountainous spines of cruelty.

They hear a CLATTER of hooves; heads turn and twist, nostrils flaring and seeking out the sensual perpetrator of a vaguely familiar scent. Eyes gleam in shadowlight, red glistening on haughty cheeks as result of the lava pouring in chaotic maelstorm, and they see her, Seele, the traitor, the monster, the accuser. Teeth bare simultaneously and together master and pupil crawl forward, demonic in their malicious intents, slithering like liquid smoke over rock and stone, a chilly exhale on the back of your n e c k.

She is hellion and harlot, war-quean and hip-swinging bitch.
Confutatis, Queen of Skulls, Lady Death, come to reave soul from sinew, to tear heart from flesh.

"Seele," cutting exhale, cracked whisper of poisonous roots, drenched and dripping in the foam and spittle that oozes from her mouth. There is another- another to be lured in by falsities and pointless oaths, another to be forgotten and shrugged off by the lying MONSTER. "Come to l i e again? I thought you would be dead by now, Clownface-" dripping mockery from acid lips- "but I can finish off the job." Charcoal mouth curls back in crescent-moon leer, exposing teeth yellowed and fissured, blood bubbling in the poison of her spittle.

Gaze turns and settles on a unicorn stallion, sinister smirk crawling hideously on statuesque face. "You're not worth the trouble to her. She abandons her comrades in the midst of battle, casts them out; you would be a fool to follow a fool."

Growl rumbling from kitsune chest, insignificant beside the thundering of the falls not far. Death shows in a fox's face.
Join the Regime.

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

Insidious meanderings and damnable acts have festered as fleas among her kinsmen for as long as the Nightingale had rested her dome in their midst.

But the Nightingale did not take with hospitality and cordiality to them whom would stab a dagger into another's spine.

She did not take to the notion at all.

From sodom they emerged, onyx and alabaster, vibrant hues of violet and glacier cerulean— infernal and atrocious divulgences and gossiping breath having risen from vile, saccharine laced maw, the gentle lilt of promises, the quiet explanations of that which she has lead, been lead under, and charged to guard as the billowing wings of salvation's gates.
It was with hope that the Jester would allow new entries amidst their ever growing tides, fresh waves in which to send as battle against the shore, to spread their carnage, their right to domination and rule, their time in which had been so venomously stolen from under their maw— absinthal salt in which to dig into agonizingly fresh lacerations.

Chilled wind dances between the woman's lungs, twice, three times, and it doesn't matter. For they are to rise above that which has held pointed etchings towards their bosom, to sweep beneath unsuspecting clefts, to pillage and eradicate those whom would call themselves allies to their domes and twist a crown behind their backs, they shall slaver as canines beneath their frames and be trained and fitted into hounds of war, they shall serve with raised hackles and tremulous maw for they shall know damnation will drop upon the heads of those whom would come against them.
They shall rise as superiors.

And she has brought the mercenaries in which to call forth the dogs of war.

The aroma of a drunken man is the first to reach her, oppressed upon her tongue, the faintest of a curving simper— the congenial light fragrance of the Jester, and before the Nightingale rounds the corner she murmurs assurance that soon they shall meet her Queen, her sister.
It is the raucous and rough vocals that cause the Nightingale to slide into a abrupt halt, a storm at brine raging within a glass confined bosom, a fowl turn to the lip, and if the woman could have raised her withers into a hackle she would have mimicked the obsidian feline's examples of rage when the drakes came to gnaw upon Leto's flesh.

No.
Deception and perjury caw forth as the cries of crows from what she (has seen with her very depths) a skull faced dome, acidic slaver (and if only the brute whom deemed the blind as sinners was here, for she would send him forth as a missile in order to intercept the scoundrel of a schlemiel and cretin as that of the two-headed beast known as Confutatis (she had seen her beaten by the likes of a medic in the stead of a ruler, to what lengths did she believe she would win over that which had sent her crawling into the shadows on more then one occasion?).
The foolish hag would soon find her lungs ripped from her sinew if she believed fallacies would lengthen the pitiful excuse of a lifespan she would endure (and she would hang her bloodied dome upon a wall, beware all those whom come here, for little girls whom come in the name of daemons shall lie with the greatest of them all— indeed, here is laid down the throat of Confutatis the Schlemiel, the Queen of the puerile).

She deems the Jester all that she is not, and the ire that burns as a flame within her bodice is fueled within the damnable contours of her mind (kill her and skin her alive, the meat would do good for the starving companions of these catacombs), elegant curve of her croup bunching beneath muscle and power, hindquarters propelling her war ship towards the trio, violence flashing as the sound of drums within her vibrant, long-lashed pearls, harks lowered to her dome in furious attire (is there not a old man's tale that even Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned?).

"You," comes the silvery roll of her vocal cords, waves crashing against a storm laden beach— "what business does a suckling deceiver have among us? Do you wish to flail as a newborn babe in the battlefield once more, to lose to the likes of a medic darling? Do you still wish to try and crawl among our ranks?"
A chortling lilt in the song of bells escapes her maw, high in pitch, a tremulous guffaw in the face of that which deemed her sire a God.

"Or is it you wish to preach your sire's rights among us once more, to raise yourself as highly as you did against the Merciful? Allow me to cleanse your mind, child, for I have seen the God of the Sun myself, and whatever poisonous, vile thing that birthed you into creation with it's seed does not hold a mere candle against the council of the heaven's above." A glance towards the drunken man, a lash of her tail with a slap against her hocks, and she is gazing with wraith incarnate upon the woman once more. "Perhaps you wish to cheat your way into this man's soul? I do not speak for him, darling, but my kin are far above in both intelligence and rightfulness then the like's of you. Be gone, fowl swine, before I mount your dome upon a pillar and feed it to the wraith's outside our domain. You do not deserve salvation."

Within the very contours of a poisonous mind comes forth the ideals of a noose around the throat of the girl, a rope in which to tie around her jugular groove and snap oxygen from her very lungs, and it is from the creation her mind seeks that a bubble is formed within her minds eye on the maw of the woman— iridescent, glowing and consistently fading as a pocket of air beneath the surface of the brine, a pearl, a socket that transfixes her in it's magnificence, invisible to the naked eye and a figment of her insidious soul.
It trembles as ripples that would shiver across the surface of a calm pond, a frail egg, and the Nightingale is drawn to it as if it is the drink of the gods, as if it is the sweetest ambrosia, laced in aureate flecks.

She craves, she desires, she wants and after what seems to be a millennia she feels as if her bones have had their essence sapped into the earth below, harsh as winter's bony fingers, and she sways as a leaf on the breeze, for there is a key, and if the key is inserted into the lock, she may gather the egg as her own, to find what mystery entraps her, to use it for carnage or uplifting, to twist it to her Machiavellian longings.
The key is inserted into the lock—

and for the briefest of moments, her mind simply goes.. stygian black.

-- Permission given from Ina to PP Delinne and Dezba a little.

Circuta is using her magic aimed at Confutatis. It is up to wanda what happens next (Circuta herself is temporarily blinded by the amount of willpower it took to build it up and does not quite understand what is occurring).

For ease of effort:
( [Magic: DarkxWind | The ability to create a bubble of air around one's maw to drain oxygen from the lungs] :: [Restrictions | Morning the bubble takes immense concentration and is very difficult to maintain if the opponent is moving; symptoms last for 10 seconds and it is up to the opponent if they experience full unconsciousness] )
All solid information on Confutatis is taken from either what Circuta has accumulated from the Asylum, or from her viewing of the battle with Apollo. Anything else is mere insult and wild accusation.

From the Queen of England
To the hounds of Hell

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

A little bit overwhelmed, let's start with that. In the past couple minutes, I went from being alone, staring at an egg that I've discovered (at least I thought it was an egg, now I'm sure), to being surrounded by some very angry ladies. If ever there was a moment for my balls to shrivel up and hide this was it. Now, I don't like to admit any moment of fear, especially of a woman. But these ladies definitely have something going on that I am not privy to.

It started with a painted face lady coming up to me. She chuckles at me and chastises me for getting too close to the small glowing stone-like thing. I have already started reaching for it, jaw wide to take it. I pause and look over at her, jaw still spread. I look rather silly I'm sure, lips spread wide in the air, nothing between them. I smirk a little at her, then take the egg between my lips anyway, moving it close to my warm body and against my chest. Maybe it is poisonous, true. But I don't really care. I poison myself in my own way all the time, how should this be any different? In any case, if this little thing killed me, would it not put me out of my misery from trying to repress all those memories and experiences that have made me who I am today? I can feel her evaluating me, judging me. I try to decide if I care....

I can't linger on that thought very long, however. A dark bitch approaches, clearly on a mission. In another situation I might have found her attractive and intriguing. Now, however, her sudden appearance is threatening. Though some of her words are for me, warning me of following the first lady that appeared, I can tell that she is not here for me, to greet me. Through this second witch I learn that the painted face lady is named Seele. Whomever this second one is, though, I have no idea. I don't want to be around her, though. I'd like to make my own judgments, thankyouverymuch youwhore. I part my lips and let out a hiss. Normally I have a very live-and-let-live approach to life, but this one rubs me the wrong way. Not to mention with the acquisition of my little egg, fragile as it is, I feel that she can offer no benefit to my life, only harm and death. There is some history here that I am not a part of, and I don't appreciate this bitch involving me in it.

Before I can even speak, to ward off the evil that has descended in front of me, another approaches. This one, at least, I know. Circuta, the lady that greeted me in the threshold. Her displeasure at the presence of the middle female is beyond tangible. Her words are laced with loathing, and instead of just speaking, she chooses to act. It's hard for me to understand what's going on, and I wonder if it's the moment, my intelligence, or the alcohol that's affecting my understanding. Circuta is using some magic to try to suffocate the evil one. A part of me, in the back of my mind, wonders if I should try to stop it, to prevent this attack. But the other part of me, the dominant part, thinks, "absolutely not." She is a threat, to my freedom, to my egg. She is clearly a nuisance and unwelcome to Seele and Circuta. I snort and let out another hiss in the direction of the one being suffocated.

Time to pull those boy balls back out from my body. Carefully I stand, making sure to keep my egg tucked away against the wall, my body protecting it. Poisonous or not, it's appearance so close to me, catching my attention - I know it was destined for me. It is mine now, mine to raise and care for, whatever happens to be inside it. I have to protect it - from friend and foe alike. My expression is stern; even in my pupil-less eyes there is the emotion of defensiveness, protectiveness, and judgment toward the dark lady with the pale hair. I send a look toward Circuta, letting her know that these words are partly for her as well.
"I am no child. Whatever has led you, Fork-Tongue, to think that I am unable to make my own decisions is misguided and incorrect. I do not know the feud that exists between you and these ladies. If this lady who has greeted me and invited me to her home - an invitation which I have accepted-- " I growl at her, emphasizing that I have already agreed to follow this pair, with the assumption that Seele and Circuta are from the same group. "decides that you are an enemy, then I find I can't help but agree." My nostrils flare, firm as my stance, and my growl and hiss are fierce.

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Oxy
You still follow the Phantom Seeker, a lost puppy drinking in her sweet molasses, giving yourself energy where you had none and have none. You brain is lost, wandering, wild and untamed because of the lack of drugs. You looked as you followed her to the Threshold, you looked ever harder as you made your way back to this underground nightmare, but no matter where your eyes fell, you did not find your plant, your lifeline, your only link to sanity. And when you were close to the entrance, when the sugary woman you lust after was slipping into the darkness below, you looked longingly to the west, knowing that somewhere in the oppressive mists your plants are growing untamed, needing trimming and pruning by your teeth... but you are no good to the war effort if you turn into a monster, and your duties as general (for you have decided to name yourself general on your own) require you to stay here and watch after the flock of crazies. Specifically, Circuta.

Still, you are a moment too slow staring off into the distance and when you turn back you are by yourself, only memories that madden your mind left to give you company. You had a moment of freedom following behind Circuta and certainly enjoying the view. But now other thoughts come rushing back- Kellian, for one, and a million other painful memories you've done well to bury for the many years prior. At least the physical effects of detox are gone now, leaving you more or less physically the same as you were before you were forced to stop taking your preferred form of self-medication.

Anyways, as usual you're a day late and a dollar short and you come upon this little meeting of minds just a hair too slow. Confutatis, that annoying rat that seems to follow the Asylum for some reason you can't even imagine, has forced her way into a meeting she is not wanted it. It does nothing for your mood, which is already soured from memories. Oh, and the drunk. You've already decided you don't like him. Something about him stealing your thunder, maybe? Or maybe you're just a little too judgmental. Whatever.

And, like always seems to happen when you follow her about, the Phantom Seeker's words force you into silence as you hang on every, perfectly crafted syllable. How does she do it? How does every word she speaks come out more saccharine than the last? Being an oaf, you have no clue, but you enjoy it never the less, until she grows silent, concentrating on something beyond your perception, when you look to the Glass Horn and something of a more recent memory comes to you- the coldness, the pain, the distance, the.... nothingness that she made you feel. That.

You close what distance there is between you and her, suddenly ignoring any bantering going on between the rest, even your closeted lust for Circuta forgotten, addiction so much stronger than anything else you could ever feel. Perhaps its best you say nothing to Circuta of your... desires. She would only ever be second best to Lady Locoweed. And finally you are upon her, next to her, mouth reaching out, teeth bared, aiming for her rump, her side, her spine, her neck as you walk past her, soft bites if they meet their intended target, not meant to leave bruises but to draw her attention, to annoy her, to turn her hatred from Confutatis to you. “Do it,” you rumble, and you reach out to bite her again, to pinch and squeeze until she flies off the handle, until she makes you feel numb. “Do it, you lousy excuse for a leader,” words you don't actually mean except in the heat of the moment, goading her until she makes these memories that eat at your mind disappear into the blackness of the cavern, until she gives the peace you haven't known in a month or two or longer. Until she steals your soul.
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Today, shit was about to go down. We both could feel it in our blood, our bones and our souls that were bound together with a bond that would never break. That no one simply could break. We were one. We were in harmony as a pure murder machine, a pair whom could kill on demand. We had trained ourselves for hunting in the wild.
Unicorn and jaguar, together unstoppable.

This was how we saw ourselves as we followed the indigo eyed mare into the cave that was the entrance to this place. My mind was blank yet, thanks to Dezba, I understood fully what we were doing. We were Cir's puppets, ready to do what she wished. We were her soldiers, bloody and wounded in battle, ready to fight for what we believed was right.
My bonded and I shared our senses as one creature, our minds in sync and our hearts beating as one. Indigo Eyes whispered to us, that we shall soon meet her Queen. 'Okay.' was simply our thought as we continued forward. We watched as Cir rounded the corner and quietly followed, immediately gazing upon three bodies. Two skulls adorned with horns, one with a painted white skull upon her dark flesh. The strong smell of alcohol and acid burned my nostrils, but the jaguar only growled quietly in surprise. Circuta started to speak and I snapped my ears forward, feeling the bloodied cuts stretch and I gave up a pained breath. My Desired and I were still hidden in the shadows, but as the drunken horned one spoke, I could not help the smile that crossed my dark lips.

Fork-Tongue.

That was the skullmare. Don't even ask how we knew that. She was the equine who had a tongue out of acid, with the words that dripped poison. Dezba growled inside my head and my crazed smile became wider. 'Time to introduce ourselves.' I thought, feeling the hunting instincts burn inside my bonded's veins. But we stopped, as we saw another one step into the cave. A stallion. A big, brown and black and white stallion with two sharp horns upon his skull, pointed down above his nose bridge.

I glanced at Dezba and she looked back at me in confusion. This sure was a little meeting, wasn't it? Four unicorns and one equine. I smiled again. Now five unicorns and a jaguar. We walked together out of the darkness that had consumed us and I gazed upon the five souls ahead of us. Our beloved guide, a mare with a glasshorn, skullmare, the bull and the drunken unicorn. "Oh, who do we have here?" My voice was soft, laced with an acid-like poison and surrounded by the smile of a psycho. The fact that my black voice was covered in open, bloody wounds and bruises didn't make my image better. I looked at Indigo Eyes, our guide whom I was both irritated at and was our best friend, and noticed how she just stared at the skullmare with glazed eyes. We tilted our heads in sync and glanced at each other. What the fuck was happening? "Amika.. What the hell are you doing? Why are you staring? You know that's rude, even if it's directed to the real rudy here."

But the attention wasn't drawn to Cir for very long, because the ox of a stallion had stepped forward and started to try to nibble on the glasshorned mare. "What the actual fuck are you doing? Stop biting the Queen!" Now, I don't really know why I said that, but it was probably because she - maybe - was the one Cir meant to be her 'sister'. Dezba growled next to me, starting to hiss at the ox.
We took a step closer to them and I stared at the ox for a few seconds before I turned my head towards the skullmare. "Who are you, little girl?" I whispered, walking closer to her. She seemed to be blind on her left eye as it was both silver in color and crossed with a scar, but I didn't feel bad for her at all. From what I'd heard already, this filly was not worth feeling sorry for.

My Desired hissed loudly at the mare with the skullshaped marking, before a sudden light shimmered outside. My gaze switched from the mare to the entrance in half of a second and I gasped as the light shimmered again. Lightning. 'My ol' friend,' I thought, smiling in recognition. I hadn't seen lightning in months, but now I was happy that it had showed up to this little meeting. I glanced at Dezba, and found her eyes flashing with the same intensity as the storm and my eyes widened when I figured out what was happening. Dezba had magic. She was causing the lightning storm.

And that made me smile even wider than ever before. This was something that would either cheer the other ones up or just simply terrify them - and I would prefer the second option.

"Talking."

ooc: Brain vomit ._. took me a good while to write this, but finally I'm done. Kind of.
word count: 839

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c: