the Rift

[OPEN] for the first time in forever.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

The wall of history had it's ups and downs, yes. However, one was easily bored by it after hours of frustrating research. Still, she couldn't quite understand. She saw markings of horse-like creatures, who seemed to be of the unicorn, pegasus and equine species. Sometimes they looked to be friends, and other times they didn't. Continuing on, other animals started following them. Some looked like wolf-creatures, other looked like deer. Some looked like teeny tiny bears and other creatures. She wondered why such pictures were spread across the walls. But alas, after tireless hours of research, she still found no answers, in fact, it seemed that she had only ended up with more questions.

Elsa heard in the distance, the bubbling sound of roaring falls. She had never been to that area of the underground system before. It seemed as if these tunnels were endless! It was nice to have rooms though that were yet undiscovered, it made exploring a dank cave a lot more interesting.

She took a right, moving away from the cave and following the system towards the sound. The roaring beating of water against rock increased in magnitude, until finally, she found herself standing amongst a beautiful scene. No one else seemed to be around, so she figured she would take the time and enjoy herself. For once, since this whole adventure of traveling and darkness began, she could act like a foal. Literally.

Light glittered off the surface of the water, casting moving lines across the ceilings and walls, kind of like a disco ball. She whinnied and reared a little, her hooves coming down on the rock with a loud crack. A gleeful look gleamed in her eyes. With a small, yet large swoop, she jumped partly into the air with her wings extended, and landed in the water like an awkward goose. She splashed her wings to and fro, covering her body in cool droplets of water. Her hair began to cling to her white body, making her look like a pathetic wet horse. Yet, a smile crossed her face that had long since been hidden by age. Her eyes glittered with renewed hope that happiness and fun still existed.

Yet, there was that horrible realization that she was alone. She turned in the water, her wings still floating at full extension, as her eyes peered into the darkness. She almost wished someone would come and enjoy this time with her. It was fun to let loose a little. Fun was just what this place needed.

[ooc;// for @[Marco] and anyone else who wishes! :D]

Vail
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
I've traveled all this way for something

I was a lost boy in the depths of a territory lacking in the lustrious sky. Nothing - not even the books and crannies - were spared from chestnut orbs devouring every foreign object in sight. Details would be important in case this place was littered in traps and curses! My mind churned with various ideas on how this cave-sanctuary ticked and functioned within familiar lands.

One of the details was etched visibly on the walls. Of creatures familiar and bizarre to my keen memories. Some of those memories kept me informed of what I had encountered in my two years wandering on the earthen ground, but the rest piqued my interest in its splendor through story-telling. Alas, it ended too soon for me to cease pouting over its end, and I moved to the next room with more appeal in its appearance.

My nostrils have caught a whiff of the scent of water from a fair distance. However, hearing was more heightened compared to smell. Eyes drifted side-to-side at the walls until an opening aparated into view. If it wasn't the sight that made it extremely pleasing, the light poured from the cracks of the ceiling which might have indicated the outside still existed. Water spewed from those cracks and droplets danced across the surface of the pool. Now, if I were to explore and mention more details, I watched a winged mare dance in the aquatic surface.

I was a social animal. I was practically dying (not literally) to join in or walk up to her and introduce myself. Something told me I felt like a peeper shrouded in the darkness in contrast to the light blanketing the other side.

IambraveIcandothisIambrave.

My short frame revealed itself from the turn, and a goofy smile etched itself on my face. I didn't know what to say besides a "hiiiii" droning under my breath. It bugged me to remain speechless. Maybe I was fawning over the magical wings attached to her shoulders. She appeared very pretty, too. I was sorely conflicted with my inner self at this point.

Words: 345
Tag(s): none
Comments: C: I apologize if this is somewhat low quality. I'll guarantee some better ones next time!
"blah blah blah."

hi...

The voice caught her ears, she smiled. The company was more than welcome as her thoughts had begun to delve into dark and dismal places. A whinny of encouragement flew forth from her lungs in a quick breath. Her wings raised and slapped gently against the water, splashing some of the remnants up and over the sides. "Come join me! I promise I won't bite! Plus the water is great!" Her smile widened and she thought she must sound crazy. Might as well let him know her name. "My name's Elsa. What brings you here?" She twirled again in the water, slowly and elegant. Her ice like hooves kicked around, trying to find drag against the water. The water swooped over her wings, and wicked off the side. Quite the perk to being an avian, you were almost all water repellent.

Her mane stuck against her body, clinging in clumped locks of what looked to be dark grey and blue strands. The water, although preferred frozen and floating around, was wonderful. It had a warm, comforting feeling, like it had just come, heated from the outside. It didn't move to fast or too slow, it was just right, like a slow moving babbling creek. The water was nearly clear, and you could see the rocky outcropping of the edges. The only murky grey coming from the reflection off the ceiling. All in all, it was a pretty perfect day as of now. It seemed that good karma had been in her favor lately. She just hoped it wouldn't run out, she couldn't bare returning to the way she was before.

[@[Marco] and if you could tag me that would be wonderful. ^^ I get lost with threads sometimes. xD]

Vail

Unregistered

Marco
I've traveled all this way for something

Every fiber of my being had automatically rejuvenated as I begun to feel the effects of a young boy's energy! I meant younger in a sense where one's height and unproportional body mass had yet to be grown into with ease. It was not that long ago I had been one of those gangly foals whose thick legs were surely larger than my petite head! Boy, I was in for a surprise as I begun to realize how different I became, but I felt wearier and wearier as my former energy felt almost ancient.

It was silly of me to imagine days where eventually I fell into a stagnant schedule; a reminder that I wasn't young anymore. There was no ebb or flow to accompany the dullness of a transition. My nostalgic feeling lingered with a passionate touch to my core. Her whinny beckoned me towards the water and relive the former days. Her dialogue had a welcoming tone which added an extra layer of encouragement towards the disturbed water by legs and hooves splashing with ease. My entire body hardly mimicked a statue by now with ears perked up and my form shuffled forward a tad more until I was galloping that short distance into the water. My body was grazed by a multitude of droplets due to my entrance into its maw. By now, an booming whinny had escaped my jaw, My poor attempt at laughing gleefully at the surface flowing against my fur and flesh.

The snow-white mare continued to dance, and she added her wings into the mixture of her silent song. Surprisingly, she maintain elegance in her playful movement. Silent was the music she flowed freely to, but she spoke again, to me, once more; a smile etched upon her lips.

I was hasty in answering Elsa, as she claimed her name was, and I said, "Hey! This isn't half-bad." I was chuckling before I sobered up enough to speak clearly and say my name. "Oh yeah. My name's Marco!"

The youthful rush continued to surge through my veins. I felt energized by an old memory when I had once played in the water with old friends. I wondered how much I could continue to relive. Elsa was only one another equine, and a stranger at that. Yet she felt as if she were an old friend.

Words: 392
Tag(s): @[Elsa]
Comments: Alrighty!
"blah blah blah."

She laughed as the colt joined her in the water. She hummed as she continued to twirl about, the water swirling over her wings. Her coat had darkened to an almost grey color. Anyone who had known her before probably wouldn't have recognized her except for the white, feathery wings which remained their pristine white color among the water.

She couldn't help but laugh as the aging colt agreed that the water was pleasant. He named himself Marco, quite a unique name among most Helovian's she had met, but followed the normal suite of her homeland. If her homeland wasn't so lovely for the average equine, she would've thought him to have traveled here to, from there. "So Marco, have you been here in Helovia long? Did you have a herd before all this happened?" Her blue eyes looked to him, hoping maybe he had some answers to what occurred. She had lost all her manners by this point, and even when having fun, she tried to gather as much information as she could about what was going on outside of the safe little cave which everyone had moved too. "How old are ya anyway?" She finished, finally turning her body full circle to hopefully face him. It was a lot harder to have control in the water, especially with large wings. If there was one thing she wished she could know, it would be to know about everyone. That way, she knew what questions to ask, and she could stop bothering them about things they didn't know.

[@[Marco]]

Vail

Unregistered
I swayed my head at the response; vaguely indicating my arrival and inhabiting Helovian soil remained ephemeral as I answered, "I-I just arrived n-not too long aaago. " I was the new guy, and a stranger at that on lands unknown and equines with unusual, yet fascinating appearances wander endlessly or with a destination in mind. Somehow, the follow-up question left me to silently brood over the memories that I was better off shelving. The feeling left me home-sick again, but I did my best to perk back up. It never was in my nature to appear so gloomy when the water continued to display its playful behavior in an excitable environment. "My herd?" I said with a false note of peppiness. "I had to leave my herd, to find a new home." I wondered if I could mention that I have a new family among Helovians. I mused upon the meetings I had, and my savior from a monster I had yet to encounter - which I personally rather not.

Shortly after the second question, my gaze, softening, fixed itself upon azure eyes - which reminded me of the snow at the peak of the mountains in the distance where my former life was. My favorite weather was always the rain, though. Plenty of mud pools to stamp my feet into with delight! The winter did melt into water so I couldn't complain in spite of how chilly it felt - my warm coat braved most of it though, minus the heavy storms.

Her third question hardly caught me off-guard this time, but something in my mind wanted me to proudly declare a high number. However, it was plain obvious that my form resembled a boy still growing into his body. Maybe if I could distract her, she wouldn't notice my age? "My age? My age is but a number where it declares how long I lived here, and the seasons I see again and again. Two years I have seen only a tiny bit of the world, but that's just a number. A number! I'm a grown colt - a stallion if I have aged already becauseIsurely-" I abruptly stopped and my lungs heaved for oxygen. I had walked so long and I still maintain poor shape!

Elsa spun around, and I curiously watched her accustom herself to moving around in the depths with wings dipped into it for extra friction. I was still taking mouthfuls of air into my mouth as I noisily gulped down a few more. By then, the air flowing back into my lungs curbed some of the icy pain I felt within my breast. Immediately, I pretended to appear as if the whole chatter had done nothing to me, or had happened moments ago. Eyes innocently glancing away, and head bobbing and tilting as if exploring the dull background.

"How about you?" I queried; bringing up another conversation.

@[Elsa]

So like herself, he had only just arrived. It was funny, it seemed everyone she stumbled across seemed to be arriving at a time of darkness. He stuttered across his words to, and she wondered what that was about. Maybe he was cold, or nervous? She didn't know but thought it extremely impolite to ask. She swayed in the water listening to him continue, relishing in the therapeutic feel of the water. Kicking her legs out every so often to stretch the sore muscles.

He was younger, yet old at the same time. Like a teenage boy stuck in awkward puberty she supposed. Luckily, he was not quite that awkward, or... weird. She smiled, glad Marco was keeping up a conversation. Elsa was never one to hold small talk very well. "I've been here through two seasons... Luckily it's my favorite seasons. I love the cooler weather. It seems to invigorate me." She mused the last part aloud, although completely irrelevant to the conversation. "I'm currently..." She paused for a moment, reliving her life in a quick series. She recounted four distinct winters including this one, and she remembered her mother speaking of her birth in the cool months. Elsa laughed a loud, for one quick moment as she paused in the water, remembering her mothers words. Her mom had been worried from the moment she was born that she would freeze to death, yet she thrived in those months, and as she grew she seemed to become lackluster during the warmer months. "Sorry, I was just recalling a memory. I'm five years old. Eeehhh, even just saying that makes me feel old." She shivered in mock disgust of herself. "Did you have any family back where you lived?" She asked casually, turning to face Marco.

[@[Marco]]

Vail

Unregistered
By the time I had finished my recent words, the chill in my lungs began to subside. I had forgotten how chilly it felt when the lack of sun made everything cooler than usual. Different; compared to the outside world where imprisonment felt more like an adjective than sanctuary. However, it was more of a safety than it was misery, but what did I know? A chance to rest my body upon the lush grass was not in my favor. I stirred in the water as the friction built itself back up again against the weight of my animated legs. My legs remained animated, but I was constantly swaying against the oxygen and the water. I was careful not to shift my weight too heavily when I leaned against one side so that I wouldn't fall and my legs would sprawl and thrash above the surface. That's how I envisioned would happen, and I rather not place an awful impression on Elsa!

Elsa mentioned her interval here, and her favorite weather - delaying a direct answer - although I did not truly mind at the moment. I hardly craved one when I felt so at ease with myself, and there was no hint of issues relayed between us. My eyes looked upon her with wide interest upon the sounds of her fairly long time in Helovia. I gawked at her with sheer interest, "Two seasons?" My head tilted with an over-exaggerated interest upon my face. Frostfall never proved my favorite when I highly preferred the sunlight and warmth - like mama's own body temperature. I knew better than to blurt out something offensive, but I had caught myself close to saying something similar to that. In that stead, I added, "The cold is nice, I guess." My body wanted to shiver from the cold though.

I was hardly musing into my own thoughts as I slowly came to realize how the pretty mare had trailed off when she was about to answer a question of ambiguity. I didn't mentioned an exact type, but the words spilled from my mouth to keep the silence at bay. She returned to reality with an apology before her answer became clear. I was sorely disappointed in knowing I felt so young and childish when it became obvious how her own molding indicated experience and time that I still had yet to be exposed for my own appearance. "You're not old!" I exclaimed, blurting out in surprise she would consider herself such. I dropped my head with a nervous chuckle before lifting it again to somewhat meet her gaze.

The conversation continued, but I dreaded the family card being pulled back out again. I knew I would end up chattering about everyone I knew and loved before the traditions were painstakingly real for an aging colt like myself. Maybe get emotional over something I could not bring back - time wouldn't bring that back even if I could travel back to see their faces. Of various shades; mainly brown and black hues painted on short-haired fur. Markings varied, but the majority shared the same: face markings, and legs covered in a shade of white. The genes ran wild in its lack of variety - a lot of following the crowd. I told her some of that in tidbits as I recalled with some disgust at the lack of creativity in our mindsets, but also a hint of longing to see their silly faces again. I added a few cases such as my friends back home, and a few happened to be a beautiful shade of gold - a palomino.

Honestly, I had no idea what brought up genetics, but that was the only thing I kept rambling about between mouthfuls of oxygen being fed into the famished lungs. Eventually I had to stop, but I was strangely pleased to be able to mention something again relating to my family. It was a strange topic indeed, but it was something. It was something.

@[Elsa]

Water was such an interesting substance. I mean, the way the two of them glided about in the liquid just entranced her. Even as the words poured from his mouth like a waterfall, she was more focused on the gliding movement within the liquid. She caught a few off the wall words, his seemingly confused question to her length of time she spent here, something about being cold, and her age.

What really caught her attention was the next few words, well, paragraphs. He said something about the lack of anything extraordinary there, and how he wanted to go back and see them sometime. He talked of his friends, and how they were golden and beautiful. Elsa smiled, her mind thinking of how maybe he had a girly friend back home. So badly the words wanted to spill from her mouth, but she didn't want to upset him in any way. So she let him finish, and somehow he was able to get breaths in edgewise with them. She laughed as she did a final swirl. "Maybe you can go back sometime. You never know!" She smiled and suddenly felt rather fatigued from her swim.

With an awkward lunge, she hoisted herself up over the edge, into the shallow water. Her crystal hooves sloshing gently until they reached dry rock. Droplets fell like a storm from her body, staining the grey clay a black color. She nodded to Marco, and with a shake, finished off the water that clung to her body. Her eyes drew a sad look, but was happy that Marco had entertained her for a short time. "It was lovely meeting you Mr. Marco. I would love to talk to you again sometime. I hated to cut this short but i'm exhausted. It's amazing the amount of strain that water puts on your body." She laughed weakly, waiting a moment for him to finish what he had to say. All she could think of was the respite that the glowing room could give. The soft spongy floor providing a perfect bed for her tired being.

[@[Marco];; thought this was coming to an end. would love to thread with you again some other time! :D]

Vail

Unregistered
Reunion.

I relished the word as it meant an optimistic view in my eyes. It would mean I could return to my former herd to allow them to see how much I have matured, and the acquaintances I had met. I could see friends again - both there and here - as it meant another time to converse and remain close with bonds still shaping itself into something worthy one day. The "story" I had told Elsa made some home-sickness dwell on the inside. It never been buried deep inside to forget so easily when I had yet to learn my place and the rank I stood among my new life on a new land. It took me some time to realize the winged mare wasn't a veteran of this land herself, and it made me curious to know if she ever planned on returning. "That's true!" I chirped with optimism, and I asked in my mind, in silence, Have you ever, or will return to see your herd? It was filled with innocence, but the words were never spoken.

Her tone hinted fatigue from exercising her stamina and energy in the pool. I understood as the thought reminded me that I, too, felt fatigued from a chance to play. Although it was partially my fault for using my breath for a lot of words, but I couldn't help it! It spilled from my jaw, and here it still maintained some dignity to remain under my control. Her body leaped from the pool as droplets continued to drip from her white coat. I never witnessed her in her full-body glory as we had met when a part of it was emerged in the watery depths. I noticed how different she appeared from my herd which sparked admiration for the ability to appear so unique. She added an extra length of words for me to hear, and I nodded my head with comprehension. I did chuckle lightly when she stated my name with a layer of politeness; an honorific which was rarely used in my time. "I-It was great meeting you too...Miss Elsa? Miss Elsa." I answered back with a smile curving my lips, but I was filled with sorrow to see it was time to depart,

It was odd how it made the sanctuary appear less dull after a meeting like this. Entertaining actually! It was a shame it was a fleeting chapter, but we could meet again one day; which the idea warmed my heart to call her a friend and reunite sometime in the future. The word "reunion" surfaced once more - another moment to relish its meaning in a joyful light.

My own little body escaped the water, and I shivered from the change of temperature slamming into my skin. I watched her go while teeth chattered, and my body did its best to shake the droplets away. The water was comforting, but it was always a bummer when you had to leave it.

[tag here] (whoops habit, lol)

Fine by me! I'll call this my final post here then :) Until we meet again~