the Rift

Let the Light Shine throght Roses(open)

Second Chances Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Second Chances was new and lost here. She needed to find some friends. She might even find a mate. She loved to talk to people but she was shy. She never had a friend before. She was scared she wouldn't fit in. She was picked on by others because of her shyness. She never had fit in to all the herds she was in. Even her parents picked on her. Her brother had tried to kill her. She just wanted to find someone that would love her for who she is. She never had a stallion like her or even talk to her.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Your post is under 100 words. This is your first official warning.
Please read this document carefully. http://helovia.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=8

Sunchaser Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Plucky little Sunchaser wandered through Helovia's Threshold,hoping someone was there.Turning around a large shaggy bush,she saw a mare."Hello,"Sun said."I am Sunchaser.But just call me Sun."She smiled."You look frightened.I'm sorry to have startled you.Can I be of any assistance?"The wind blew threw Sun's mane,making it blow over and look shaggy again.Sunchaser sighed.She had JUST got it to look at least ok.The mare was quite pretty,despite the fact that she looked like she had been through a lot.Well,Sun had made a little tree canopy.Maybe she could take this poor stranger in.She looked worn out and hard-hearted because of what she had had to endure.But under her hard cloak,Sun saw a beautiful,timid spirit just looking for love.Just like Sun.

Unregistered
Second Chances smiled at the mare even though she was scared. She said"Its nice to meet you Sun. My name is Second Chances but you can call me Chance. Um sure you can." At least Sunchaser never made fun of her. She smiled and asked"Do you want to be friends?" She never had anyone talk to her eccept to make fun of her. She like not being made fun of for being shy and different. She had scars under her mane from her brother and others from her old herd. She never ever wants to go back there again.

Unregistered
"Sure!"Sun's eyes sparkled in happiness."I would LOVE to.Oh,and if you're looking for a nice quiet herd to settle down in,let me know.Um,are you Equine,Unicorn,or Pegasus?"Sun wanted to know because she knew she would be able to help Chance find a herd if she wanted to be a part of one.Sun herself was a miniature horse wanting to find a place in the Foothill's herd.The sun danced gleefully on the two mare's backs.The wind blew Sun's mane,whispering to her an unknown secret.Sun loved the wonders of the elements.Why did the wind whisper?Why did the waves boom across the sea?Why did fire burn with an unquenchable thirst?Why did the thunder storm?Sun was curious,wanting to understand and love everyone and everything she met.

Unregistered
Second Chances smiled and said"Yeah I'm looking for a herd. I'm an Equine. My breed is Arabian." She hoped the herd she finds want hurt or make fun of her shyness. She was happy she had a friend and someone she could trust. She said"Thanks for being my friend and not making fun of me." She wasn't so scared no more. She also asked sun"Do you want to know about me and why I'm here?" She was glad her family wasn't here. She hated her brother because of what he had done to her. She never ever wanted to see her brother again.

Unregistered
Sun's heart skipped a beat.She was an equine!!!"Whoa,Chance,that means if we get accepted we'll be in the same herd!"Sun blushed."That is,if you want to join the Windtossed Foothill's herd.Well,it's the only herd you COULD join,since you're an equine.I have already requested acceptance,but no one is answering."Sun sighed."And yes,I would like to know about you."Sun was interested in any of her friend's history and personality.To Sunchaser,everyone was her friend!She loved to meet knew people.And she loved to learn.She was curious about this mare.She already felt a strong bond of friendship with her.Chance was very easy to get along with.

Unregistered
Chance said"Yeah I'll join the herd. My family was mean to mean to me because of my shyness. My brother tried to kill me. I have scars under my mane from him. I was raped not to long before she left. That's why I'm scared of everyone." Chance hoped she would be ok because she was pregnat and she hoped she could love it. She just wanted to find a herd an have friends and a family that loved her. She never wanted to be this way. She never wanted any of this. She hated being scared of everything. She hated her life.

Unregistered
Sun felt an angry aura come off of Chance in a great wave of sadness."Are you okay,"she asked."Here.Follow me."Sun led Chance to a small grove of trees."This is my humble abode,"Sun giggled.Sun loved the mare as a friend and was developing a fast bond with her.Underneath her shy spirit Chance was kind and friendly and pretty.Sun knew that she would grow to love the mare.Sun hoped that Chance would like Sun's little grove of trees."Since you're new,you can stay here if you want,"Sunchaser said."Now,if you're hungry there is tall grass to the left and a little ways beyond that there is a river if you're thirsty."Sun paused."So,Chance,would you like to stay here?"

Unregistered
Second Chances smiled and said,"I'm ok. Yeah I would like to stay here. Thanks." She loved Sun as a sister. She liked the spunky mare alot. She wished she would be ok. She wanted to find someone to love her and her unborn child. She never ever wanted any of this. Her life was over now. She just needed to rest for a while. She was thirsty and very very hungery. She was tired and weak from walking and running all week long. She was very very thirsty.

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
OOC: Just to let you know, all herds are open to all species, except the Edge which is unicorns only.

Unregistered
Sun knew the mare WAS probably hungry and thirsty."To give more directions as to where refreshments are,there are berries in the bushes near the river,and lush grass by the bushes."Sun sensed something was different about the mare."Um,Chance,do you um,have a mate?"Sunchaser wanted this mare to have a mate.That would mean that she would be loved.Sun and Chance both had the same problem.Sun was rejected like Chance and she was seraching for love.Sun was looking for a mate.But Sunchaser couldn't be mates with a reular stallion.She would be mates with a pony.

Jaydan Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The weather had finally begun to break. Joyously Jaydan leapt to the skies, his wings flexing with renewed energy. For too long he'd been ground bound, the sun feeling all the more severe in the skyways, although it had been a perfect excuse to know his herd's terrain better by hoof and to work on strength training in the sands.

Now though, he needed to fly.

Wind tousled against his mane, and though it still pressed warmth against his hide, it did not give the feeling of flames crawling amongst his hairs. "All hail Orangemoon!" He laughed to himself, body twisting and tilting in the air. Carefree and off scout duty for the rest of the afternoon, Jaydan decided to let the winds carry him at their will. It offered him a brief moment of true happiness, and just for a day, he did fly away from all his hurt, all his sorrow. He closed his eyes and felt nothing but the world driving around him.

Eyelashes fluttered as Jaydan opened his eyes, blue gaze not surprised to find the corpse of trees called the Threshold. Although he would have preferred to have 'awoken' to a less duty-bound area, he figured since he was already here he might as well glance around, he could always travel to the Meadow or the Fields afterwards. Nodding in approval to his own plan, Jaydan turned sharply on his right wing and began to wheel down in tight circles. The world rose up to meet him and he stretched his forelegs out, grappling for a tree branch.

His body sent the dried, thirsty boughs waving unsteadily under him. They creaked and groaned and threatened to splinter, but feeling reckless Jaydan tested their strength. He was more at home in trees than the dry desert of the Throat anyway. The boughs held him, for now. Wings buffeted the air as he gathered his balance on the unsteady limb, leaves whispering as they slapped against one another. Many shook loose - too many for such an early rise of the Orangemoon. Just more testament to the ravages of the sun and his temper this Tallsun. Jaydan shook his head, lamenting the losses, though he did feel anger towards the god. These things were too above such a simple warrior, he would leave them for the more spiritual of his herd.

Luckily there were too mares below ready to snatch his attention from such deep thoughts. He peered down at them with a curious eye, a broad grin stretching his lips as he laughed loudly. He hadn't been aware there'd been onlookers to his surely strange option of a perch and likely ungraceful landing upon it. How foolish they surely thought him! Like a colt he took glee in this showmanship and ridiculousness, the happiness of the season change infecting every inch of his being today.

"Hello!" he crowed to them, giggles subsiding as he took to assessing them in a leisurely way.

Unregistered
Second Chances smiled sadly and said"No Sun I don't have a mate." Right then a male horse land by them. She smiled and said"Hi my name is Second Chances but you can call me Chance. What is your name? I'm new here and very shy to others I don't know." She was ready for a nap but she couldn't yet. "I hope I can find a mate that would love me and my unborn child. I hope they want hate me for it."She said with tears running down her face and she could her the pain in her voice.

Unregistered
"Oh,Chance.You need to heal.Forget about your horrible past.Chance,I have asked Gossamer to join the herd.She said yes.She will say yes to you.Come with me.I can get you into the herd and you can find a mate,"Sunchaser said.OOC:(If you want Chance to join the herd,I have a thread called The mystery of acceptance in Windtossed Foothills.Reply to that and ask Gossamer if you can join the herd as well.)Sun was about in tears.She felt so sorry for Chance.How could someone do something that bad to her?Sun wished she could hug Chance so that all her hurt and sorrow could go away.But that was impossible.Chance would have to heal herself."Chance,maybe you could go to The Veins Of the Gods and ask the gods to take away your pain.They could help you.Or you could go to a wise,elderly horse."Finally Sun turned to the other horse.He was beautiful!He was blue and he had wings like a blue jay.His muscles were strong and his hindquarters were muscular.His hooves were black.He was very stunning."Hello,"Sun said."I am Sunchaser,but just call me Sun."Sun smiled.

Unregistered

It was a curious pair he met, he soon realized, and a sad pair at that. One mare was blubbering in tears, though it didn't stop her from having good manners and introducing herself, which brought a slight smile to the gelding's face. He didn't know what had happened, but he always appreciated manners and kindness.

With a creak from the tree and a few flaps of his wings Jaydan landed on the ground beside them. "Hurt?" he queried, his voice high with the question, his nose tilting in concern as he glanced between them. Sunchaser, as she was called, spoke of the Foothills, to which Jaydan nodded. "Foothills flock good, healer help."

Forgetting his own manners he realized, he bobbed his head at them, lips easily forming his name while so many other words proved difficult to translate from his native tongue. "Am Jaydan, Warrior of Dragon's Throat flock. I fly to Foothills, keep Sunchaser and Chance safe?" He finished his words with an offer to protect them on the trip from the Threshold to the Foothills. It would be no trouble for him on such a carefree day, and he'd never seen the Foothills before.

Unregistered
Second Chances was so happy for Sunchaser. Smiling Chance said"I'm so happy for you Sun. Ok I'll come and ask Gossamer to join the herd." She wanted to put her past away yes but the scars and her unborn foal always brings it up. She hoped the foal would be ok. She just hoped the mate she finds will love her and her baby. She hoped she would love the baby unlike her family who abused her. She wanted a nice friendly herd. She just hated the way everyone treated her in the old her were her brother was the lead stallion. She almost died trying to leave the herd. She wanted a nice stallion that wouldn't try to hurt her. She said to Jaden"Yeah you can. I was almost killed by my brother. I was raped by his friend and I'm now pregnat."

Unregistered
"I must be on my way,Chance.But I trust Jaydan will take care of you."She turned and smiled at Jaydan."Maybe you could show her where the herd is,if she wants."She turned back to Chance."Honey,if you get lost,or need some help,even if I'm not here,just go here to my little grove.Ok?"Sun wanted Chance to know that Sun,as a friend,was there for her.Sun needed some good friends.But more than that,she knew that she may be able to help this mare.She hoped that Jaydan was interested in her.He seemed to be perfect for her.Sun would do all she could to help Chance find a mate.She wanted to reach out to Chance,to show her that people loved her,people cared for her.She would be safe here.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Second Chances and Sunchaser, this is your third and final warning for post limits. Your posts are less that 100 words each and your posting abilities have been suspended until you can prove to an admin that you are able to adhere to the 100 word limit as well as go above and beyond.

- admin

Unregistered

These mares, or perhaps it was all mares, were very forthright with their thoughts and their troubles. It through Jaydan aback some, and made him shuffle his hooves with discomfort. He was never a good type for empathy or lending a shoulder to cry on. Was this how Cysaro felt when he blathered all his heartaches to him? Probably. The thought made Jaydan smile, which is a rare sight these days, and likely odd considering his current position and conversation.

Ears tilted back in uncertainty, wings shifting in another anxious gesture - they wanted to fly and get out of this situation he'd found himself landed in. "Fledgling?" Jaydan asked, his voice cautiously curious, even hopeful. Young was always a good sign in his mind, but this was perhaps because he did not know the word she used, 'raped'. He thought better than asking for an explanation, perhaps a different time or from a different mouth. It was not often he found words in the high speech he hadn't heard before, but this one didn't crop up in conversation often. She seemed upset though, which bothered him. Was the foal painful? He always thought they would be and that maybe that was why mares were always as liable to grumpy as they were happy.

The other mare, Sunchaser, regarded him then with a welcoming smile but confusing words. She intended to leave? What would possess her to break away from their group when they all had the same destination? If she needed to hurry that was fine with the jay, he'd hoped they'd already be walking by now. "Wait!" he called to her, wings flaring suddenly in his haste to get her attention. He did not truly know the way, and was marginally terrified of being left along with the sobbing mare in foal who was raped and whom he doubted he could console.

"All go?" Jaydan suggested, head bobbing enthusiastically.

[I figure we can end this here or wrap it up and start a thread in the Foothills? Also for future reference, it usually makes more sense timeline wise to not have things change in the middle of a thread. For instance Sunchaser was accepted into the Foothills, true, but her acceptance was in another thread, so a different time than the one this thread occurred in. So it's very strange to have Sunchaser suddenly be accepted, or know information she couldn't know in this thread and this time, because of that. You're more than welcome to have multiple threads at once, but especially with joining/accepting threads it's good to take it slow until you know what's fully happening :P]