the Rift

And your thoughts, they rewind

Tiberius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

TIBERIUS

THE COLD WINDS HAVE COME BACK TO HAUNT ME. SWADDLING MY AIRBORNE SKELETON IN A COAT OF GOOSEBUMPS. A LONG, FROSTED TAIL FLICKERED IN THE GREAT ANCIENT WIND; DANCING IN ITS CURRENTS. LONG MANE LEAPT FROM HIS BODY, BILLOWING FROM A REGALLY HELD NECK. MY BLACK POINTED LEGS STRUCK THE EVENING SKY, CANTERING STRIDES PROPELLING MY FRAME FORWARD ALONGSIDE THE WINGS ON MY BACK. NOSTRILS SNAPPED UPWARD, TO THE FAMILIAR SCENT OF ASH.

FEAR DULLED THE GLIMMER OF HOPE IN THE STAGS EYES. MY WINGS SNAGGED ON A DOWNDRAFT, AND I PLUMMETED FROM THE SKY. FIERCELY PULLING HIMSELF UPWARDS FROM THE GROUND AND ONTO THE MASSIVE PINE'S BRANCHES. I PERCHED MYSELF ON THE SNOW-BLANKETED BARK; MY EYES RIFFED THE SKY IN SEARCH OF THE MOON, QUICKLY FINDING ITS PRESENCE TO MY LEFT. IT PROVIDED ENOUGH LIGHT TO SEE THE LANDSCAPE, BEHIND HIM THICKLY DRAPED IN FOLIAGE, MOSTLY TALL, PRONG TOPED PINES. WHICH START START TO THIN AHEAD OF ME. CAUSING HIGHLY VISIBLE GAPS IN THE CANOPY, AND ABRUPTLY STOPPING.

WHY DOES THE FOREST STOP? I THOUGHT, WE ARE MUCH TOO FAR NORTH FOR PLAINS.. AND IT IS TOO MOIST TO BE A TUNDRA.

I LEAPT FROM THE BRANCH, GLIDING ACROSS THE THINNED FOREST, AND TO A SMALLER, FLIMSIER TREE CLOSER TO HE EMPTY SPACE.

THERE IT LAY - THE WASTELAND. ITS FOREST BURNT TO A CRISP. IT WAS MORE THAN THE PATH OF A WILDFIRE. THIS WAS HELL ITS BREATHING ITS UGLY, DISGUSTING MORNING-BREATH ALL OVER HELOVIA. EATING UP ANY PIECE OF GOOD LAND IT COULD. THE LAND MUST BE SICK WITH DEMONS. INFESTED, EATING ALIVE THE VERY SOULS THAT PLAN TO LIVE HERE.

MY TRIBE TAUGHT ME MUCH OF HE GREAT KINGDOM OF HELOVIA. ELDERS DESCRIBING IT AS A LAND OF HOPE. ITS LUSH FORESTS, PERFECT FOR NESTING, AND ITS STRONG CONNECTION TO THE GODS.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?" I MUTTERED UNDER MY BREATH.

HAD I COME TO THE WRONG PLACE? DID THE ELDERS LIE - WHY WOULD MY GRANDMOTHER LIE?

UTTERLY CONFUSED, I LEAPED FROM THE TREE, MY LONG, SHAKING BLACK LEGS LANDING IN A CLOUD OF ASH, AND STARTED TO INVESTIGATE THE GROUNDS.

walk the walk

"talk the talk."

OOC :: SORRY FOR THE SHITTY POST - HIS MUSE WILL START ROLLING WHEN I HAVE SOMETHING TO REPLY TO c:

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

Sweat had lathered into thick foam wherever the friction of rubbing skin existed; the bright dapples tightly canvased around a lithe, elegant frame were burdened by grim dark puddles of sweat, regardless of Helovia’s wicked winter climate. The journey had been long and exhausting; the terrain separating the old Threshold forest from the barren clay Heart-land was rugged and wild without the traipsing of regular travellers wearing down the weeds. The long breadth of meadow was strewn with withered sharp shells of hoary thistles that held not the stamina to live through the bleak season; the grasses grew long and wild, and flurries of frail leaves torn from their mother’s hug, harassed any so bold as to stride through the land. Still more callous, the endemic fog of sickness clung thickly across the earth; stroking the living flesh with ravenous delight as they passed through, calling from their hunt wraiths to claim those souls foolish enough to dither.

Africa and Windwalker had made it safely though, and the tired mare hurled herself through the first rim of creaking, gnarled and naked pines with a great sigh of relief.

There had been no chance to pass the time with idle chatter and awkward laughter; for the better no doubt, and as trembling limbs pulled her limber load to a halt beneath the safety of that pungent plantation, she had not the breath to even try. Bulging white knees splayed forward, the long arc of a flaming crest wilted forward above them, and when only her breath began finally to slow the one-winged mare glanced towards her company. "We made it." She cried breathlessly, throat rasping and dry as lungs choked for that air expelled to speak.

Where they had paused, no snow was falling to veil their path; the moon had risen, and it shed a pale glow across the resilient Threshold. Despite the haste of their travelling, it seemed that night had swept quickly ahead to smother the land. It mattered little, and Silas wheeled above his beloved with sharp nocturnal eyes to survey the route ahead. Still he did not approve of their reconciliation- he had not the patience to endure the drama which had segregated them to begin with; nor did he have the capacity to forgive and forget the behaviour Windwalker had shown towards the mild-mannered mare. All the while he roved ahead; one careful eye was tuned to monitor the raven aggressor.

When she had recovered some and checked that her friend too was improved after the ludicrous (but quite necessary) sprint, Africa led off through the trees- but paused perhaps only minutes later when the forest began to wither away; only charred waste and burnt relic trees remained and Africa’s breath choked with surprise. "Wind, what’s happened here?" Concern broke the quiet hum of her voice, and upset eyes were turned towards the black stallion. The forest had been relatively, healthy when last she had visited, only weeks before… she could not imagine what had caused such damage.

‘…sickness…’ Silas’s thoughts interrupted, and Africa glanced upwards to find his starry silhouette dancing across the pale face of the distant moon.

[ @[Windwalker] want’s to reply too ^_^]

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

To say that I was sweating is an understatement, as this was my second time in the Threshold today. It is not an easy road to run, so when you enter the woods, you want to take a long break. If I could, I would have found a good place to sleep and not even think about wraiths and death and all that. I don't think Africa would like me any more if I did it, but Silas would love to see me wraithified. With that imagine in my head, I chuckled with the little breath I could muster and paused by Africa's side.

"Are you surprised that we made it?" I teased as I watched her in the corner of my eye. We did not stop for long though, so when she began to move again, I followed like a sheep. As we walked, the forest drastically changed from a white wonderland to the forest of hell. Ash covered everything and no trees offered any sort of protection. I did not like it.

She turned to me, but my eyes did not stray from the sight that lay before us. "Helovia is sick." was the answer I gave her as I began to walk into the battlefield. It looked like one, as few things live where death once roamed. Something soon caught my attention though, as a sky of ash rose towards the sky. Someone was there, or something. With ears pricked I ventured a few steps before I stopped dead in my tracks. "Is there anyone here?"

@[Tiberius]

[Image: NannaTable.png]
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies