the Rift

[PRIVATE] distance is the best medication

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Her mind kept going back to the little horses she had met along the way. She thought of Abishia, the sweet little mare who wished so dearly to be her sister. It stuck in her heart like a burr, torn from moving on from her own sister and accepting that Abishia was the closest thing she would have to family here. Her mind exploded at the thoughts and tears prickled at the corners of her eyes. She wanted to cry so bad, but she couldn't.

Her mind then turned to think of the little filly she had met at the Threshold. Amani seemed to barely be out of the womb by the time she had gotten here. It made her wonder about her mother, and the past that she lived. She knew enough to know that an uncle, or some other family member was holed up down here with the rest of them. Yet, everything kept coming back as one question after another. She couldn't relax thinking that the filly must be hungry and cold without a mother. Sure, another family member was nice, and sure he was a male, but it was hard for a man to replace a mother.

Her hooves clicked along the floor of the cave, until the familiar sponge began to form underfoot. Flashes of the bay winged filly flashed across her eyes as she looked. She was looking not for the filly, but for signs she was okay. If she was to find the filly, then great, she could make sure she was alright and that Elsa was upholding her promise to be a protector. She dropped her head for a moment, inhaling the muggy, fresh smell of the moss. Elsa had yet to taste these mosses yet, preferring the scarce foliage of the Threshold to something so glowing and spongey.

Yet, it smelled so wonderful! Her lips parted carefully as she ripped into the spongy carpet. The taste exploded in her mouth and she couldn't help but smile. This was surely a better alternative to scavenging. Her stomach quickly expanded with the weight of food as she sighed, looking up every so often to see if the little girl was safe with her family.

@[Amani]

"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Happiness hit her like a train on a track

It seems like I have only been here over night, yet my legs along with the rest of my body was growing fast. It seemed like yesterday I had been at my Momma's side, her telling me of all the adventures she had in a distant land called Helovia. Now here I am, hiding in caves under the ground in Helovia..... and she and Daddy are dead. I know Daddy is for sure, Momma would not of sent me running if he wasn't. Now I just have to find a place in this new strange world. I don't even know why I felt so warm when I first entered the Threshold.

I had been back to the Threshold once, and did not find the one I was looking for. Instead I found a rude stick-headed wingless stallion who I think is blind, and a stick less and wingless mare with some strange creature at her hooves. Momma said many in Helovia had strange creatures as companion. My Uncle Aaron even has a thing called a hellhound.... I'll find out eventually what that is.

Suddenly none of that matters. The smell of this part of the caves was different, and yet there was also a familiar scent hanging on the air. Elsa! My tiny hooves scramble forward eager to see her again. Elsa! My voice seems so much stronger as I bound towards her, aiming to crash into her side. I don't know why, but she just makes me feel safe. Definitely safer than being on my own.

Speak

@[Elsa]

Image Credit

Elsa! Her head jolted up, a large toothy grin upon her face. The look resembled that of an overjoyed child as she caught the blur of the little filly tumbling towards her. Elsa lifted a welcoming wing as the little filly barreled into her sides, sending her tumbling a few steps sideways herself. Elsa giggled, lowered her muzzle to touch the filly's head comfortingly. She wished so much to have her own fuzzy little foal one day, although she would never admit it. "Where've you been lately? I've missed you Amani!" She said, her blue eyes and face falling into fake tears and sadness. "I thought you had left me!" Another silly grin quickly melted upon her face. In the presence of one so young and innocent she couldn't help but smile, and feel maternal.

"So have you found your..." She paused for a moment, trying to recall who she was looking for, "Uncle?" She looked around, almost expecting a family member to pop out somewhere. Yet, this little filly seemed to be alone a lot of the time. Elsa couldn't begin to imagine what it must be like. She herself had never been alone as a child, in fact, she could almost never get away! Whether it was her sister by her side, or her mother and father comforting her, or a trainer training her, someone always had to be there. Even when she was within the confines of her private little clearing, a guard always stood nearby, keeping watch. "Have you done anything interesting lately?" She said, her blue eyes trying to secretly scrutinize to see if any injuries peppered her body. Yet, at the same time, she was genuinely interested in what she filly had done. Tales of young ones always had their surprises, and Elsa wanted to make sure these surprises were mostly good compared to bad.

@[Amani]

"Talking"
Elsa

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Happiness hit her like a train on a track

I was glad when she spoke, welcoming me against her side with a few steps sideways as I collided against her. It was nice to be close to Elsa again. She made me feel safer than me being on my own. She asked what I had been doing, and if I had found my Uncle.... I have not... I've been wandering, looking for my Uncle. I didn't find him, so I started looking for you. I wasn't going to ask to stay with her. After all I could never hope for that. Why would she want me? Who would want me? To protect me.... Ah well, for now i'm by her side and that's all that matters.

However our conversation changed quickly to what I had been up to. What have I done since I was around Elsa last... OH! Well I went back to the place you found me, and I met someone who looked like he had a stick coming out of his head and a rude mare who had nothing at all. No wings or stick... She did have this strange fox looking thing with multiple tails.... I didn't like them very much and left them there. I was proud of the way I had handled myself with them. I had been able to stand up for myself. Other than that just looking for my Uncle... and for you. I wanted to ask so bad. I wanted to stay close to her no matter where she goes.... Before I knew what was coming out my mouth I just blurted out Can I just stay with you?

Speak

@[Elsa]

Image Credit

So she had been looking for her uncle, but it seemed she was unable to find him. Elsa sighed, and a frown crossed her face. She hated seeing someone so vulnerable all along. She curled closer towards the filly, trying to force her more underneath of her wing. Not in a forceful motion, but in a loving and comforting motion. There was one thing she wished she could do, and it was to make everyone feel at home and welcome.

Amani's next few words really made Elsa's heart melt, in both a good and bad way. She had been looking, and even went exploring, but to no avail. It seemed her uncle was no where to be found. Her tiny, childlike words surrounded her like a blanket, as she asked if she could stick around with Elsa. She offered a weak laugh, followed by a loving smile. "Of course Amani. I told you I would, and I will never break my promises." She stated, lifting her wing to offer her to shelter herself beneath it. "The two that you spoke about, the ones with the stick and the ones without anything..." Her voice trailed off as her blue eyes searched the filly's. "The one with a stick, that's called a unicorn. The one without anything, that's called an equine. They all live around here. Most of the time they're nice, but sometimes they can be mean." Elsa stopped for a few moments, letting the words sink in. "Oh and I should probably mention, I stick around with a group called the Asylum. Not exactly a pristine name, but it'll do." Then she thought of Oxy, and some of the others she had seen at the meeting, realizing it would probably best to notify her now. "Some of them are a little... odd. But they're all nice and caring."

@[Amani]

"Talking"
Elsa