[OPEN] Little Miss Sunshine [Egg Hatching]

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
i wear this crown of thorns
upon my liar's chair

Water rushes from overhead, constantly churning away at the rock deep below the white, bubbling surface that has eroded over years of constant beating. You stand parallel to the water, your right side held against the smoothly flowing creek, worried eyes staring down at the tiny life you've been watching over so carefully for the past few weeks. As you woke up and stretched out your long neck earlier, your glassy eyes found that the egg had cracked sometime in the middle of the night. Whether it was from you unknowingly tapping it with a sharp hoof or perhaps pressure of you rolling onto it, you are sure that all of your worrisome days have come and gone only for you to fail and lose the life.

The crack is small, maybe an inch long, and hasn't shown any signs of anything leaking out. The egg sits in a small nest of dying moss that you gathered in the Glowing Room the other day, still as it has ever been. Your chest is tight and worried, steel butterflies bouncing around in your stomach; a shaky sigh escapes from a heavy breath, rummy nostrils fluttering along with the exhale. "I'm sorry little one." you whisper, your cranium dropping to the surely ended life as you speak. Just as rough lips touch the tough shell, the egg quivers in it's nest, the life inside pressing hard against the layer of minerals keeping it trapped.

Bright eyes pop open and your face pulls away from the movement quickly out of surprise, ears pressing forward as you stare at the being with excited eyes. The shell pops in a few spots, the crack spreading along the length of the entire egg, a pressure from inside creating another crack to sprout off of the original on either side. Whatever weight is being thrown around inside causes the egg to roll out of the small nest, and the shell falls apart into large chunks. A white ball of thick fur stretches from a fetal position, large oil drop eyes peeling open to stare up at you, a tiny wet nose pulls up into the air and large triangular ears pop up off of her head.

A whine escapes her tiny body and your heart may as well have fallen into your stomach, everything about this tiny white fox pulls your attention toward her, and you can feel the warmth of her life spread through your thick veins. Without realizing it, you've been smiling like the bizarre Cheshire Cat ever since the egg began to move. Your mug drops to the tiny pup and you blow a few hot breaths on her. The pup's fur quivers against each breath, her tiny body reaching to just a little under your ankles. Her eyes pinch closed as your breath hits her face, ears perked forward happily, her bushy tail wagging back and forth once before sticking straight out again. She sits on her backside with both black-padded back feet crossed, causing her to slump at an awkward angle.

You cannot help but continue smiling, nudging and breathing on her excitedly before even thinking about it. Once as you nudge her, her warm front paws lift off of the cool floor and press against the center of your snout, perfectly between both nostrils. A light hearted chuckle rolls from your thin chest and you can feel the steel butterflies settling, your chest releasing it's beyond worried tension. "Hello little Ouija." you purr, letting her slide down from her up-right position and land back onto the rock with both front paws; only her still crossed back legs do not agree with the movement and her miniature body tips over, falling onto her right side, a squeak coming from her lungs as she lands. Worry strikes you like a bolt of lightning for only a spilt second before the pup crawls back to her wobbly, uncooperative feet. The warm smile returns to your blood splattered face, the recent depression seeming to just shed off of your body in layers.

Tagged: Open
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

full of broken thoughts i cannot repair
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Company is what she needed, since she could not wander into the woods and lose herself in a snow bank or a field of wildflowers. She found the earthen walls here comforting, she did, but they were repressive as well. It was dangerous on the surface, though her mind continued to wander there. Perhaps a little venture would not be so bad? Maybe she could search and see if anyone else was looking for the caves, if anyone else needed help. At least that would be something to occupy her mind, when she wasn’t going over the names and uses of the herbs she was learning.

For now, though, she desired some company. A new face to distract her – and there certainly was no shortage of those! Strangers from all across Helovia were living in these caves. Anything, anyone, that might help distract her from the troublesome thoughts that refused to leave her alone.

Aly did not imagine it would be hard to find someone, as she wandered about – past the wall with all the strange carvings – and sure enough, it wasn’t!

It was that squeak, echoing off the walls of the caves, that encouraged her to peek into this particular cavern and see if she could spot who had made it. What she spied was truly an adorable little scene – a stallion and a little pup that she imagined might be his companion. That entire world still confused her slightly – having no experience with it herself. Perhaps he had just found the little thing, though the warm smile on his face rather suggested a deeper connection.

Realizing that she was either going to have to move forward or back – it was impolite to just linger in the doorway staring – she hurried forward a couple steps and spoke softly to alert the pair to her presence. “If I’m intruding, please feel free to tell me to go mind my own business. I don't wish to barge in where I'm not wanted.” It would not offend her in the slightest to be told as such, everyone needed their space! She had held off for what she thought was an appropriate amount of time, but her curiosity got the better of her. Not to mention the cuteness of the little ball of white fur. A warm smile brightened those emerald eyes as she took a couple more steps but no more - leaving a handful of paces between her and the pair. She was wary about getting too close – the pup was so small, she would not wish to frighten her! “She’s absolutely adorable.”

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Voodoo
upon my liar's chair

The new born takes a couple of awkward, off balance steps toward the water, her massive ears that are now seemingly tipped in the thinnest line of black take in the rush of the water, her moist nose twitching as she sniffs the air. You are so focused on your new playmate that you fail to notice the winged mare as she approaches the two of you; On the other hand, Ouija notices immediately. Her face swings toward the mare, black eyes taking in the greatness of the stranger before her. A weak, hesitant yip causes you to turn your attention to the painted female just before she begins speaking. How out of focus you were slightly alarms you, but somehow you defy your naturally spooked demeanor and just continue smiling.

The mare who was draped with massive wings spoke softly, offering to leave if she were intruding. Your maroon pool, slightly glossed over but nothing terribly frightening, looked up at her, staying set as your skull raises to shoulder-height. Why was this female so polite? She wasn't planning on coming in and causing harm, was she? Her legs carry her a few paces forward, and your ears react by flickering with the noises as they vibrated off of the walls. "She's absolutely adorable." The mare commented, her bright eyes watching your new companion. "Isn't she?" you reply with the rhetorical question, your heart fluttering as the pup bounces toward the mare once, still leaving a massive gap between the two from her eyes.

Although the presence of a stranger often makes you weary and uncomfortable, Ouija was completely fine with the company.. More than excited perhaps as she wiggled around playfully between you and the mare. "You're not intruding. You're fine to stay.. If you want." You offer, your rough voice reaching out to the stranger in the softest tone you can manage. The snow pup yelps loudly, the noise high pitched and almost annoying, her butt wiggling along with her excited tail. "I'm Voodoo, this is Ouija." An unexplainable calmness soothes your up-tight, nervous soul.

Tagged: @[Alysanne]

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Truthfully, Alysanne rather expected to be shooed out of the room… though perhaps in a rather angry manner. She felt rather bad about imposing, getting the feeling that this was a private moment. That smile on his face when he looked at her! She knew that smile. She had felt it when she looked upon her son and she had seen it when his father and met him for the first time. That smile suggested a strong connection, stronger than just something forged when two friends meet.

It would not have been so surprising for her to be told to leave – but she was so happy to be allowed to stay. She found herself irresistibly drawn to that smile and the happy little moment she was a witness too. These were dark times, after all. Her heart wrenched to think of all that she had seen, but here was a little proof that not all was lost.

Alright, so maybe she was thinking far too into being allowed to stay, but it was a relief to know that she wasn’t intruding, though she understood so little of what was happening. He seemed genuine, despite the roughness of his voice, and Alysanne relaxed – finding it hard to take her eyes off of the fuzzy white pup who had moved forward so that she was wiggling about between them. Her own smile would not disappear as she met the “It’s a pleasure to meet you both. I’m Alysanne – but just Aly will do.” Despite the fact that Ouija had come towards her, Alysanne was still nervous about approaching any closer. She was just so small! Perhaps she should wait a little longer to make sure it was alright. They were close enough to speak easily to each other, after all.

She lowered her head a little though, bringing it closer to the level of the pup, and whickered a soft note in greeting to her – thinking it would only be polite after greeting Voodoo. Then she found herself looking up and asking the question that was still bouncing around her mind. “Is she… your companion?” The question was hesitant and apologetic. There was so much about Helovia she had yet to learn, which often made her wonder why she felt so attached to it. Shouldn’t she learn all there was to know about it and then find out whether she still considered it her home or not?

Still, a place that fostered a bond like the one before her could not be so terrible, could it?

@[Voodoo]

made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Voodoo
upon my liar's chair

Another bark floods the room, her wet nose pressing to a peice of the hard shell that she had just broken from. Razor sharp baby teeth knaw on the thick chunk, the noise of the seemingly unbreakable minerals -like nails against a chalkboard- making the fur along her spine prick up. She didn't like that we comment from your head, pressed happily against the red windows of in your skull. The mare introduces herself as Alyanne, "-but just Aly will do." Your empty, yet somehow happy eyes attempt to meet with the animated green glint of Aly's, a nod of acknowledgement tipped toward her.

Ouija unlatched her brutal hold on the lifeless chip, her small right forepaw reaching out and swatting at it twice before she scoots back out of excitement, flappy ears rotating around like small satellite dishes. "Is she-" the mare pauses for a moment, just long enough for your head to pick up to a comfortable height in the air before finishing her question. "-your companion?" Red rimmed ears both press forward on eithe side of your crowned skull, empty stare still fixated on the painted acquintence. "She must be." the words drip from your bloody-painted maw in a distracted tone, dusty geers grinding in your mind.

You had only ran into a few others who had the chance of connecting with their own companion, but had never put much thought into it. An image of Mauja's snowy owl and Africa's sleek black bird popped up in the back of your head, but no others followed. Funny how you always think back to those two, even though you have only encountered each a few times. Important faces stick to the mind apparently. "I had never thought of that.. I thought I was taking care of an egg so I could save it." Your eyes fall back to the now more mobile fox.

Not-so gracefully, the pup wanders from the split shell to wind around your two forehooves, rubbing her snout along the top I your boney ankles. Her fuzzy tail wags back and forth over nothing in particular, perhaps just happy to finally be alive. Big black eyes look up to the horror show that displays across your snout, but unlike most, the sight does not seem to faze her. Instead, a noise bubbles in her belly, a wimper following afterword. The to-die-for stare shifts to Aly, her nose wiggling as she sniffs in the mare's direction. Curiousity pulls the pup toward the painted Aly, triangle ears cupped forward and black-padded toes stopping at the hooves of her new friend. Her small pink tongue pokes out between both bottom eye teeth.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

To her surprise, the red-splattered stallion did not offer up an immediate affirmative in response to her question. She had not expected that – it seemed that she had made up her mind that everyone she met in Helovia already knew about companions and everything. “Really? That says an awful kind thing for you to do, to care for an egg you just stumbled across.” It spoke a lot about his character, she thought. Not everyone would just care for a little unborn life that way. The world would be a better place if that were the case, she imagined. She liked to believe in the inherent good in everyone but slowly she was learning that not everyone was as kind as she had once believed.

Ouija moved towards her, and Aly took a small step too – taking it as a sign that her presence was truly not being terribly invasive. Her emerald eyes still positively bright with a smile she lowered her head when the little fox rested at her hooves – sniffing at the little ball of white fur before exhaling in an affectionate ‘whoofing’ noise that was punctuated by a chuckle. How could someone not want to smile around this little life?

And Aly certainly felt touched that she had come over to say hello! “Just delightful.” And now she looked up, for as wonderful as the small fox was she was equally as delighted to find a new unicorn friend. “You’re very lucky. I’ve never even seen a companion up close before.” She wondered how it worked, that connection, but it would seem that this was as new to Voodoo as it was to her. Considering his smile, she was so happy that this would have happened to him – it clearly brought him so much joy! Of course, she had no way to reference what he was like in other situations, but she felt like she understood that look in his eyes and upon his face.

It did a great deal of good to be around someone who was capable of such a smile. Her own troubles seemed a little farther away because of it, and for that reason she was unwilling to leave them alone just yet.

Very carefully, now that there was someone at her feet, she moved forward a couple more steps to reach a more comfortable talking conversation distance - stopping after the first step to look down and make sure Ouija was coming too. And with that thought she found a new question to ask, that easy smile never leaving her face. “What made you think of that name – Ouija?”

@[Voodoo] (I'm so bad at remembering to tag)

made by the lovely tamme

Voodoo
"I haven't seen many myself either." you reply finally, your new friend now moving closer to you.

She drops her dark face to make sure the cub is following, and not stopping below her hooves, while Ouija bounces along beside her with a much tinier stride. Oil drop eyes stay focused on the mare's right fore leg as she moves her little body, tail sticking straight out for better balance. Words that are so very foreign to her big ears slip from the black and white pegasus's mouth, reaching you with complete clarity. She was curious about the name you had given your new bonded.. And when thinking about it, you didn't have any better reason than "I felt like it fits good with Voodoo.. In a strange way."

Ooc: I'm so sorry it took me so long to reply, work just sucked the muse out of me for a few days. xP

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

She tilted her head at the explanation of the name that Voodoo had chosen - repeating the pair together in her mind to see if they did match together well. “Makes sense.” The names did sound good together but she had no idea what either of them meant. “They’re both lovely names.” She spoke with complete sincerity, so happy that she happened to stumble across this fascinating pair.

But of course, she needed to remember her manners. Although she had been welcomed into the scene, she could only imagine how having a newborn companion must be a pretty big step! They needed to get to know each other, to figure out that bond – especially since it seemed that Voodoo did not know much about that strange connection than she did! Well, it wouldn’t be very nice of her to stand here, chattering about how great they were and trying to get to know these newfound friends a little better.

“I’ll give you two a little privacy to get to know each other. But I’d love to see you two again soon!” She looked to Voodoo with a hopeful smile. He wasn’t among the chattiest of individuals but that did not bother her – he had been nice enough to welcome her into what she could only imagine was a rather intimate moment. His first moments with his companion! They would be together for a long time but firsts were important. Maybe the next time they would meet when they were both under sunny skies instead of surrounded on all fronts by rocky walls. “Have a wonderful day.” She reached out to touch her muzzle to his for a brief, gentle gesture of farewell before looking down to Ouija and whickering a soft note to her before backing up and turning around.

She glanced back once before exiting the room, adoring the sight of the dark and light pair, and flashing them one more smile before continuing on out.

@[Voodoo] <3

made by the lovely tamme