the Rift

[OPEN] home sweet home [hatching, open!]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
It is happening.

I am lying on the ground, my legs carefully folded beneath me. The egg is between my front legs, cradled against my chest. It is rocking slightly, wobbling back and forth, and I am enthralled, my muzzle hovering just over the tender orb. My auds are pricked forward, listening to the small taps emanating from within, and as a particularly violent knocking erupts, tipping the egg to the side, I squeal with delight. I feel like a young filly, watching a robin hatch for the first time; I am giddy with excitement, for today is the day. Today, my egg is hatching. Today, I am going to have something to take care of. Today, I will find out if I have done the right thing by keeping the orb, as Cashmere insisted that I must. It is happening. The egg is hatching!

The walls around me shimmer, catching the light that comes from somewhere unknown. They flicker in various colors as the light is refracted, speckling my pelt with rainbow hues. It is so beautiful, and I am glad that my egg is hatching here. I am glad that it will come into the world in this place of beauty, with me looking on, rather than alone in the darkness, as it would have if I had not found it. I am near the entrance of the Crystal Caverns, having decided not to wander within, fearing that I would be lost in its myriad colors, entranced by the crystals that are so much like that which my magic produces. The egg, a light, glowing blue, falls prey to the colors just as I do, and as a small beak breaks through the surface, the egg blazes yellow. At first, I think that this is a result of the cave's odd light, but as the chick emerges shakily, I am astounded to find that it is what is emitting the vibrant glow.

Electricity traces over its body and wings, and I feel a sharp intake of breath, awestruck. The lightning-bird looks up at me, peering through ivory eyes, and peeps. The sound is so forlorn and lonely and needy - I am immediately enamored. This bird needs me, and I realize quickly that I need it, too. Something has happened as I have taken care of the egg, and I realize suddenly that this is more than just an egg - this is a bonding creature. And it has chosen me. Emotion swamps through me, and I lower my muzzle to the creature. It butts its head against me, and I am surprised that the lightning bolts fizzling across its body do not hurt, but are simply warm against the soft skin of my maw. I suddenly feel a gnawing hunger, though it does not emanate from me - I realize that I am feeling the birdling's emotions in tandem with my own. Delighted, I assure the zephyr that he - and I am sure now that it is a he - will be fed shortly. Rapidly drying, he clambers awkwardly onto my back, using my mane as a tool to balance; I carefully pull myself to my feet, wondering where I might find food for him.

"I will call you Astraeus," I inform him, and he cheeps a cheerful response.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!