the Rift

[OPEN] born and raised in rain

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
Shadows squeeze tight ‘round the lightning maiden’s flanks, choking the air from her lungs as cloven hooves tread onward. Downy plumes sweep gently down the cavern’s walls as she moves, wings unfurled to half-mast so the spines of her feathers might serve to help her navigate these cryptic reaches. Tasseled tail sways idly in her wake–either in uncertainty or zeal; perhaps it is both. She is eager to discover what lies within the dusk that swallows these warrens whole, where the living seek asylum as a chorus of refugees, though she is equally fearful of what she might find; is it not the darkness they came here to escape, afterall?

Wiry limbs probe the shade as she dares to venture deeper into the womb of darkness, muzzle poked out as steely eyes strain for some semblance of light in the fathomless abyss–black as the wolf’s mouth. The effort is, of course, in vain; even as a cluster of organic light manifests in the air before her muzzle, practically singing the bristles of her whiskers as it crackles in a haphazard, high voltage knot, her gaze fails to penetrate the unyielding mantle for more than what seems to be a few feet. The creatures radiates a halo of white light that illuminates the surrounding cavern walls, leaving what lies ahead shrouded in mystery. A scowl settles over her features as she tips her muzzle upward, a puff of air bursting from her nostrils as a sort of timidity overcomes her, staring into the blackness that seemed to radiate as does a beam of light, staring into her.

She hears the soft padding of hooves stirring dust; ears flick forward. Dread brews in her gut, building like a cold sweat as she imagines for a moment a familiar figure emerging from the nothingness; Cirrus? she pines, the name bristling on the tip of her tongue, uttered in a soft whisper. Slender ears press back onto her the crest of her neck, brows knitting as she imagines those electric eyes of her’s and their cold accusation, fearful of the prospect of it actually being her sister–what is she had fallen victim to the darkness? What if she was one of those things?
With neck erect on broad shoulders she challenges the abyss with a high voltage stare, prepared for the worst, though hoping for anything but.
My friends, I'm only flesh and bone but I won't let you die alone.
credits

hard mode—HP: 65/65

physical force and magic is permitted to be used on Azulee at any time provided it does not involve powerplay (unless specified otherwise); please contact me before attempting to kill.
please tag me!

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
Singing about good things and the sun that lights the day
I used to sing on the mountains, has the ocean lost it's way.

I was not gifted with a natural ability that is courage. If I had any, ignorance embedded itself deeply where comprehension was conceived after processing thoughts and words. Ignorance was what lead me astray numerous times, and it was a miracle how I narrowly escaped after a long-winded pursuit from threats not as venomous as most would imagine - as adults. Due to my nature, I was blanketed in a sense of nervousness regardless of my fabricated sense of a lion's bravery. The ever-growing upper teeth chewed on the flat surfaces of the lower unconsciously throughout the cave where even a speck of light was a grateful sight to be seen. No, I was never afraid of the dark. I developed a fear of what lurked in it.

Surely nobody would notice my matted frame twitching and shuddering. I could barely see the distance in front of me! Looming in mysterious depths and the shadows lingered - silently, waiting. Mama had told me about coat colors, and how my fur was a shade of brown; like the earthen soil I saw in the first moment of my life. The hue would provide a camouflage from whatever caused us equines to live in caves with false hope they weren't hiding in the sanctuary either. Pleased to know I had a layer of reassurance, the thought of monsters still evoked another shudder.

Every step was taken with caution, and occasionally I bumped into something which felt uncomfortably like a rock. A couple times it lightly scraped thick layers of fur seemingly like brush strokes against my ribs. It was almost ticklish. The senses continued to aid or contradict the aid as I awaited the cave's maw to reveal an illumination than more than the dim light radiating around the front area where I saw. I paused my movement, and my tail tucked between my rear legs. I took a possibility I looked ridiculous with eyes barely blinking, body language alert, and posture stiff. I wanted to relax, but the barely audible whisper rode on the breeze cruising through the darkness.

I took a shaky breathe before saying, "Is someone there?" It wasn't a good hint of courage as I wished to reply with, no, rather it revealed how vulnerable I felt in this unknown terrain.

walk walk walk "blah blah blah"

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
The voltage of her nerves, crackling and sizzling beneath her storm-kissed skin, dissipates as a voice calls out; it is not a voice that reminds her of days under the sun with her sister, in the dry sands of the Throat with her compassionate mother, and she, with a throb of guilt, is relieved for it. These days are all about holding her breath in anticipation and despicable fear for what does not come. What will happen when they do appear? Her mother, with her selfless smile, her sister, with her youthful eyes and faithful hellhound? Would they recognize her, tall and slender, a virgin woman warrior with the straight lines of a colt? Or would they ever return anyways? This endless hope of being with her family again was beginning to fade; she was always waiting, but they never came.

"Yes," the slim girl declares, brows furrowing delicately as she peers into the thick of shadow not brightened by the light of her voltaic animations. The illumination provided by the electric bird does little to paint the stranger; the pale, deep sand swallows the light with an insatiable hunger. She wishes it wouldn't. Darkness of this type procures vivid visions, fabrications of scenarios she would rather not imagine, marches memories two-by-two to the forefront of her mind, images best left to rest in peace. Jaws tighten, molars clamping down hard on nothing but each other; she pretends this act will scatter Azzuen's voice and Cassiopeia's wings to the dead air.

A little start ripples through her storm-likened shoulders, an irritant twitch to her tail. Rude, she reprimands herself gently, to not introduce herself to the unknown stranger- even if he is some horrid wraith she cannot see, manners are manners, and courtesy is what she was taught. "I am Azulee," the Fireslayer's grand-daughter speaks, her voice a decadent thing that is swallowed quickly by the shadows. What else is she to say now? Wait for him to introduce himself? The mare has deduced the equine is a stallion- she can simply tell from the deeper cadence of his voice. "What are you doing penetrating this far into the earth? It might not be safe you know."

Especially if you're new to the trials of courage and adventure.

My friends, I'm only flesh and bone but I won't let you die alone.
credits

hard mode—HP: 65/65

physical force and magic is permitted to be used on Azulee at any time provided it does not involve powerplay (unless specified otherwise); please contact me before attempting to kill.
please tag me!

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Marco
Singing about good things and the sun that lights the day
I used to sing on the mountains, has the ocean lost it's way.

In spite of how I felt every fiber of my body clench together and ripples of my body trembled here and there, the sound of another impressed me into believing it was a welcoming in its oddest sensation. The voice spoke a word, but it continued to echo in my mind. The echo was soft, but it rattled, its female voice repeating one word. The pitch was lighter than one of a boy or a man, but I was quick to make assumptions - to know, and understand what was behind the darkness where another may illuminate in the cloak of invisibility. This place remained a mystery which had yet to unravel to my ignorant ears. It made me dwell on deeper thoughts: could monsters develop minds like equines could? I shook my nearly dish-shaped head. I reminded myself there were other beasts coexisting with my kind. Monsters could have any type of personality, mindset, and schemes.

The mare added extra words - her name: Azulee; to my relief she hinted at politeness, and concern on my presence in this part of the cave. I understood why one may ask that to an extent as I was sure to expose my vulnerability as a coward doing reckless things. It sounded contradicting compared to my usual behavior, but it was obviously too late to turn back when a conversation was conceived in the end. It would be rude to leave, and in silence.

My lack of words before I finally responded carried silence, but it was expecting me to break it. Azulee was waiting for an answer. "I'm, um, Marco," I introduced myself as calmly as I could. My self-control was either close to perfect or flawed. My body continued to shake like an earthquake, but I did my best to think through my next words. Nothing sounded like someone who had a rational idea why they would enter this area, so he replied to the question, " Not safe? Oh, great. I mean - I wanted to explore, a-and it looked like a good place to learn how to be..." I trailed off as my sense of pride threatened to dominate my words, but honesty won in the end. However, I concluded with the last word in a sour manner. "brave..."

Words: 377
Tag(s):
Comments:

walk walk walk "blah blah blah"