the Rift

[PRIVATE] itsy bitsy [healing]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  peel back the layers and see what i've become</style>

There was only so much wandering one could do in the darkened above ground world before things became monotonous. It was seeming more and more like almost everything above ground had been touched by darkness and purified. With the lack of hunting came an increase of boredom and the shell that had been Ranjiri wandered back to where she had called for Midas and Gaucho, had destroyed Gaucho's dream catcher, and vowed to find his precious daughter change her. Her appearance had changed since the last time she had visited the Sanctuary. The muscles on her left side were visible from her shoulder to the point of her hip, the overlapping skin singed at the edges from the bolt of lightning that Roskuld had shot at her.

The wraith stopped at the edge of the Sanctuary, her disfigured face peering into the darkness of the world below. That darkness wasn't right. It wasn't whole or complete like the darkness that veiled the world around her, but it would soon change. It was only a matter of time before they all ended up here to spread the darkness properly. She was not content to wait, however, and so her broken hooves carried her down into the safe haven that would not be safe for much longer.

As she walked the skeletal wings that jutted from her sides spread so that the bones could scrape against the rocky walls in an disconcerting manner. "Daaaaddddyyyyyy..." She crooned as she strolled through the hall acting like she owned it. "I'm back." A quiet giggle punctuated the end of the statement. "I came for you, daddy... why don't you come out instead of hiding."

"."

@[Midas], @[Irrydae], @[Alysanne]
ooc:// midas first please :D

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I’d known this eve was coming. Like there was a hot breath running across my neck I shivered in dreams of such a time when Ranjiri would return, her teeth wide with an unnatural hunger. I’d gone out looking for the golden babe a few times, praying that I wouldn’t find her horribly mistreated flesh cast aside on some forsaken shoreline. With every beat of my heart I prayed that she was alive, and curable (that was the important part). Curable. For I’d let no other take her life with blessing, none would stop the rattling from those shaky jaws without first driving past me.

Even though she’d see my head cleanly parted from shoulders…

Dreams twist and stir to another part of our lives, when we stood in sand, salt. Playing along the surf as if nothing could shred the light—ignorant to what pain festered below like a sore that hadn’t been treated. We ignored it, every green sickly clue that might have tuned in a warning. Those afternoons are warm and bright, I struck my face toward the sun, simply relishing its delight. In the background were tiny foals playing, my children and their dark mother standing by with a watchful smile.

That dream vanished in a cloud of swirling darkness. “Midas! Wake up!” I jerked with eyes still closed, stirring toward the sound, frantic, female. “Ktulu?” I whispered softly, “Midas!” She insists, “Wake NOW!” It was then I realized that there was a strange pull along my shoulders, Fina was tapping my flesh with her beak rather savagely, and breaking the flesh until its sting caused my lids to drift apart. “W-w-what?” I stutter, and turn quickly toward her with questions blazing, intelligence triggering that something was wrong. She paused, gazing back at me with tight eyes as if stricken by some unseen pain, “What?” I ask again, more forcefully this time. Her beak shifted aside and I lost sight of those aqua pools, “Ranjiri has come.”

My lips fall apart, absent words to add. The phoenix turned back to me, serious and urging. “We must go.” She insisted, “We cure, like all the others.” How many had drank from the pool, (or been dunked) by us? But somehow I knew we couldn’t simply tell ourselves that everything would be alright when the words themselves were a lie. Golden feet slipped into action, I could hear someone descending down into the halls.

With effort I summoned my chains, hidden in the ground outside. Earth fell without clinging, each shinning link would serve as a salvation for us both. She came into sight as a shadow and I called out, “Ranjiri! If ye can hear me, fight this evil. Fight child!” I’d seen one other fight this disease, only one other. Silk…he had appeared almost normal, halfway restored. He had fought the darkness with every ounce of strength. “Ranjiri! There is a cure!”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
When the day is blue, I'll sit around wondering about you

Alysanne had not intended to come back here, not until they were able to leave, but that voice sent shivers down her spine as it echoed against the walls. So childlike but so haunting at the same time – no foal should sound like that. Not unless…

Alysanne hated the idea of anyone infected with darkness the way Miykael had been, the way sweet Aurelia had been, and who knows how many others. It seemed all the worse to happen to a foal. Perhaps there was nothing that she could do to help but if there were, it certainly would not do to stand around here. Winding her way through the caves she found herself back near the entrance to the caves, of all the parts she had discovered this part held the worst memories for her.

But despite that, maybe she should have been spending her time here instead of in the room with the glowing plants, maybe she should have been trying to help heal those that came to the caves or were brought here. Maybe then she would have some sort of clue as to how to deal with the situation at hand.

She had never seen one of them inside the caves before and she had been happy with the idea that they could not enter. But that feeling of safety was shattered – lying in a heap in the bottom of her heart like so much else lately. And the worst part was, as she spied the twisted creature, Alysanne recognized her – the name coming out in a soft whisper. “Jiji.” The lively girl that she had met in the forest was gone, so far gone. And was she calling for her father?

Hoping her presence had gone unnoticed as of yet – as she had entered the cavernous room just enough to see who was there – she slipped back out with a funny little idea bouncing around her mind. Hurrying, Alysanne weaved around rocks and bodies to find herself to that pool, the one she had been told contained the cure to the sickness affecting their friends and family.

Not caring how silly she seemed, she stepped into the pool without hesitation, lying down and doing her best to completely saturate her wings with the healing waters.

Standing up, her wings felt heavy and she started to realize how ridiculous this was – she didn’t even know whether this would work. Could the waters be effective away from the source? She had to try! She would want someone to do the same if it was her child.

Moving as quickly as she dared, she found her way back to that front cave and saw that there was now a stallion there, or maybe he had been there before and she just hadn’t noticed him. He was speaking to Ranjiri, urging her to fight the infection. Was that possible? Alysanne knew so little she was little more than a soaking wet fool. It seemed like a good idea, it might help enough to get her to the pool with little resistance? Now that she was here, with a better look at Ranjiri and the scene before her, she wasn't as certain as she had been when the idea had come to her.

Approaching the winged stranger from behind, she couldn’t quite find any words that would give away her purpose. If he turned, he would see her there – completely determined to do whatever she could to help, and maybe he would recognize the implications of the water that dripped quietly onto the cave floor. This was either going to a good idea or a very embarrassing one. Even if the water did not mean anything now, maybe she could help in some other way? Her silent presence was, she hoped, enough to say that he was not alone. Any risk there was would be worth it to see young Jiji restored.

Come back to me, my darling
original html by rottie
picture credit

[ooc: lol. if this is just too ridiculous, lemme know and I'll change it ;)]
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

ranjiri</style>

His voice rang out through the hall and the shell of Ranjiri stopped, mangled head tilting and a grin curving the corners of its mouth. "Fight?" The words come out innocently enough, but the giggle that follows is anything but. "There will be a fight." She promised as her steps continued until the painted stallion and a mare came into view. "I don't think you'll like your choice of words when I'm ripping you apart, daddy." His title came out distastefully, spat out as if she'd ingested some bitter tasting greens and wanted to rid the taste from her mouth. "You should join me." The tips of her bony wings scraped against the ground as she spoke. "It only hurts at first, but then not so much."

"Jiji."

"Alysanne." Her voice held none of the fake innocence that she had used when calling for Midas. "I didn't call for you." the one remaining ear tilted back against her head and was nearly hidden in the knotted mess of her ivory and gold mane. "But I suppose I'll just dispose of you after I finish with daddy dearest." Again, her eyes found Midas and the hatred that shone in those crimson pools was unmistakable. "Foolish stallion. Pitiful leader. Deadbeat father. Selfish, undeserving, lover." With each insult the wraith stepped closer to Midas, each word more malicious than the last.

With little warning she surged forward, teeth snapping for where Midas' wing connected with his body, her cracked hooves flinging to hit anything within reach. Blinding hatred and anger fueled the wraith's attacks and it became unconcerned with whether or not either uninfected individual would live. The only important thing was inflicting pain and if they lived to be infected then her duty would be done. If they died it would only be one more for the mortals to mourn over until their time came.

"."

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I didn’t feel like the drowning man I might have been if the cure for our hailing family wasn’t close at hoof. (Though I couldn’t have known just how close) The sick babe stood before me with a sneer upon her maw, a nasty expression furrowing those dark eyes and sinking my hope of reaching that trapped soul from within. My voice couldn’t press past those folds of rotten flesh… Silk had been older, likely stronger.

A figure came walking up from behind and was easily noted by the sound of dripping splashes of water hitting stone; I didn’t turn or visibly otherwise acknowledge her presence. My eyes are glued to Jiji, searching vainly for signs of inner struggle that would signal some amount of morality as she spat my sentence back in a string of threats that fell with diluted horror on pricked ears. It was true that her tone and meaning stung with each new lash, I flinched visibly but still managed to call my armor into place when the child of a Sultan dared a step closer. Steel slipped quickly over bare flesh, sealing in my warmth and fatherly affection with tight regret.

My throat felt hot, and lips dry when she motioned toward the mare standing behind. Ivory banner flicked right and left, slashing against my haunches painfully. Ears fell back to mate against skull and the brunt of my iron clad horns rose as head arched into a battle stance that sickened my gut. She was speaking to me again, those words, and each one a tiny dagger meant to discourage and sway. “This isn’t ye.” I whispered to myself; suddenly needing to find reassurance, “Please ….”

Chains came rippling from the far corner of the room, posed, ready to strike. While the infected offspring of mine spat evil curses, I focused on that gold and sent it to her rear in a silent formation that would seek to ensnare and entrap, hopefully before Ranjiri knew what hit her. Fina ignited from my spine, hissing violently before screeching a warning when the daughter of sand came soaring over with unnatural speed. I braced and thrust right, giving her teeth toward my plated shoulder and praying they struck steel and not flesh.

Faintly I heard my phoenix call out again, this time with rising purpose. She had a growing power, one that could cause visions depending on the mind of those infected. Fina used that energy now, summoning her talent to see inside the wraith and find the one thing that was most feared. Links of hardened gold came flying forward, eager to wrap, eager for this to finally come to an end.

OOC: Fina has the ability to terrorize. Simply put, she can make someone have illusions of their greatest fear.
Image Credits

There was a small moment where, despite her desire to help, Alysanne might have left to find better help, feeling utterly ridiculous now and completely unneeded. What did she think she was doing, with her half-baked vigilante plan? She couldn’t fight, all she had was the water soaked into her skin and wings and the hope that it might just be enough. As foolish as she felt, hope could override that for the time being. The black and white stallion didn’t acknowledge her presence and she wondered if he even knew she was there – but at least he had not told her to go away. She jumped, scattering droplets over the floor, when plates of armour were sliding into place over his body.

But then Ranjiri was speaking to her and Alysanne was no longer focused on the stallion and she no longer thought it would be better if she just left. Sad, green eyes looked to the young girl and she shuddered at the words. So this was her father? Alysanne was glad now that Arty had not wanted to come back to Helovia with her. He was so much safer where he was. Finding her voice, she was surprised how solid it sounded – though it got away from her and grew shaky at the end. “You won’t be disposing of either of us, Ranjiri. You don’t really want that.” How easy it was to group everything as a lie – there was no difference than what Miykael had said to what Ranjiri was threatening now. She did not believe these were the true thoughts of the bright filly she had met but once.

But then, what did she know?

“No!” Despite her intentions, Alysanne hesitated when Ranjiri surged forward to attack her father, her own shout lost against the screeching of the fire-bird. But this wasn’t the time or place to revisit the wish that she would never see another attack. Wanting to push past how she felt cowardly and useless, she managed to move forward, bringing her to less than two feet away from the pair as the fire-bird called out again. Quickly now, those great, feathered wings were unfurled and she reared to give them a bit more space as she beat at the air (and hopefully not at Ranjiri’s father). It wasn’t her intention to hit either of them with her wings, really, but she had to be close to make sure those droplets of healing waters that were being scattered, cast off in all directions, would have a better chance of landing on Ranjiri. All she had was the hope that it would work.

She would apologize for any accidental blows she might have landed later.

original html by rottie
picture credit
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

ranjiri</style>

"This isn't ye..."

The wraith cackled and her eyes flashed dangerously as she looked at the painted stallion. "How would you know?" It demanded, bony wings flaring out at its sides. "So busy taking care of the Throat." It sneered. "So little time for your daughter. She's gone now. Forever." The remaining ear tilted backwards and disappeared into the messy white and gold mane that clung to her thin neck.

They all seemed to move in a synchronized pattern. She moved forward, Midas moved right, and Alysanne came forward while Fina took to the air. Her mouth banged against the steel plated shoulder of the painted stallion and she screeched her anger at missing her mark. From somewhere behind her came the golden chains that Midas had created and her skin began to burn as Alysanne flapped her wings and scattered the droplets of healing water, searing and burning her flesh like acid. The golden chains wrapped around a hind leg, but it didn't stop Ranjiri from turning her attentions onto the mare that had been foolish enough to hurt her.

"Bitch!" She seethed as she lurched her body toward Alysanne's flapping wings. More water splashed in her ruined face and the wraith squealed angrily. Teeth snapped at flapping wings and she managed to latch onto several feathers and coupled with her flapping and the jerk of the wraith's head the feather's broke loose. What she hadn't accounted for was the water on the feathers and the way it burned her mouth. Or the way it would burn all the way down her throat and into her stomach when she swallowed. She screeched again and jerked her body away, spitting the feathers onto the floor and it was at that moment that the healing properties of the water worked their magic and transformed the disgusting creature into the girl she had been before the darkness had taken root.

It was quick, but it was painful and unfortunately for Ranjiri, the attack was continuing and images of her family members, dead and mutilated in the most horrifying ways was flashing through her mind, one after the other, repeating in a never ending cycle that made the girl collapse. "Stop!" She cried out, her wings coming to shield her face as if that alone would stop the images. Her body began to shake as the horror continued. "Please!"

"."

ooc:// sarah gave permission for the attack on alysanne

Credits

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
I didn’t see what the painted mare had done, if she’d been wise the lass might have turned to run. But nay, this woman stranger became my saving grace. Droplets of purified water struck against my pelt and slithered below skin like blood crawling from a wound—I gasped and clinched my teeth, not at first realizing that it was the warmth of Earth’s liquid hitting body and not the powerful strikes of hooves or fangs sinking into flesh. Body braced for pain, a pain that never came as the blunt force of torn jaws struck against steel coated flesh.

She screamed, outrage, unnatural fury. I turned as if to strike, calling with remaining reserves of energy the chains of gold to tighten their hold and force her to the ground. Ranjiri crumbled away, shying as the holy water worked into flesh and bones. Transforming, restoring. Everything had happened so fast, barely a breath had crossed lips before the monster that had been standing by was turned into a pure child of gems and ebony.

My babe crumbled to the ground and instantly I rushed to her side without regard for caution, wings slipped apart to shield her from prying eyes, the tips shinning with steel blades that hadn’t yet been recalled. The links of my element fell away harmlessly, releasing their previous tight hold. Still she cried out, begging, “Fina!” I called, “Enough!” Franticly my eyes sought her out as the power of illusion was released. Armor retracted, I slide to the ground without care for how the rocks scrapped at knees, spreading my wings out across her trembling body, gently sliding neck over her head. “Ranjiri, Ranjiri.” I whispered over and over like a chant. Tears, silver and precious flecked each bottomless eye. They lingered behind the brim for a moment, but swam down in a single golden drop as I shut lids tight. My baby was alive.

Image Credits

Alysanne felt foolish, flapping her wings about, until she realized it was having an effect – stinging enough to cause the sick Ranjiri to twist towards her and shout. She had no idea how much was needed to actually heal her, so she would keep up until everything she had was spent.

But it would turn out that she did have enough. An small, involuntary yelp escaped Alysanne as Ranjiri snapped at one of her wings, latching on to several of the feathers, which were then ripped from her wings in a painful motion as she jerked her wings one way and Ranjiri her head another. But the sharp pain that she was experiencing was pushed out of her mind as she watched Ranjiri twist with pain and spit the feathers out onto the floor – she must have gotten some of the water inside of her! Her wings settled back at her sides, still damp and heavy but not dripping quite so much, and she watched in amazement as another of her friends was transformed back into themselves.

She wished there was some way that this water could protect Ranjiri from the memories and Alysanne’s instincts wanted her to move toward the girl as she collapsed and began to shake – but there was another here that had more right to comfort her, who would undoubtedly be more welcome. The screeching of the fiery bird ceased and the stallion moved forward to his daughter – that strange plating disappearing just as it had appeared. The caverns felt eerily silent after everything that had just happened – and after catching her breath, Alysanne realized that she was now intruding upon a private moment.

The last thing, she thought, that these two would need right now is a stranger lingering around to make sure everything was alright. They had each other.

Not knowing quite what to say, Alysanne took her leave quietly – a small smile cast towards the pair (a gesture she was sure would not be noticed) before retreating back into the caverns. She was happy, so happy, that Ranjiri was safe, and with her father here to care for her, he might help her with all that had happened to her while she was sick. But she was sad that this young girl was going to have to deal with those memories. She thought back to how she had not comforted Miykael after he had been healed, how she had been too hurt by what he had told her to even touch him, and felt a tug of guilt at the memory. Perhaps it was time, finally, to seek him out and confront the silent wall that had been built between them during their stay in the caves.

original html by rottie
picture credit
made by the lovely tamme