the Rift

[OPEN] alone together

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
"Anywhere you are, I am near.. Anywhere you go, I'll be there, anytime you whisper my name, you'll see.." The words echoed against the cave walls as I sung them, leaving a lonely space afterwards. "Every single promise I'll keep, 'cause what kind of girl would I be if I was to leave when you need me most..." I took a deep breath before I let the last line be heard. "I'm forever keeping my angel close..." Then the tears fell.
See, here's what you don't know about me. I may be a bit psychotic after all this shit that had happened, but I still had feelings. I was still the black widow, left alone with two children to raise. But I didn't exactly have any choice now, did I? My cheeks were soaked with salted tears, my blue eyes swollen and red. Why did this happen? Please answer, because I had no fucking clue why it had to be us. All Azzaron and I had been trying to do was.. to live in harmony. But nobody would leave us alone. Nobody would leave us the fuck alone. And now, here I was, lying by my lover's grave, singing to nothing but a corpse made out of skin and bones and plucked wings. My body started to shake again as I tried to hold back the tears, but I knew that it was useless. They would come anyway. Silently, I started to sing again, the deep vibrations of my voice filling the cave room again. "When I heard your voice, it was drowning in a whisper.. You were just skin and bones, there was nothing left to take, and no matter what I did I couldn't make you feel better.. If only I could find the answer to help me understand..." I want you to come back. Please come back, Azz...
I lied down completely and rested my head upon the broken moss where my mate was buried. Surely the moss burned as it touched my wounds, but I didn't care. At least it wiped the blood off my face, which was a good thing.

I closed my eyes - which hurt a lot since I had been crying for a good few hours, only to hear paws closing in on me a minute later. Dezba... Slowly, my eyes opened and I gazed upon the black female. She had a rabbit in her mouth, which could only mean that she had somehow gone outside, made it to the forest and found a rabbit which she then killed. Oh, my Desired was smart. Yet, it was only food for herself. "It's good that you can find something to eat, at least... I don't want you to turn weak.", I whispered, almost breathing out the sad-tuned words. The cat dropped the rabbit and nudged my cheek carefully, making it wet with blood. She had blood almost all over her face, but who was I to say that?
'You know... You can eat moss.' I flicked my ear towards her, even though I knew she spoke inside of my head. A chuckle was heard from my throat, quiet but clearly there. As if I would eat the moss my mate had been buried under. Never. Dezba looked at me with a disappointed look in her electric eyes, but said no more and started to eat instead. She completely mauled the rabbit and the stench of blood made me smile slightly. They say that the heart is a good thing to eat from an animal... But should I? She had probably been hunting for hours, I couldn't just ask for the heart. Or any part of the rabbit, to be honest.

"Hey... Can... Can I have some?", I whispered, watching as the cat raised her gaze and looked at me. 'Really?' I nodded. At first, she only glared at me for a while, but then bit off a part of the rabbit's flesh and threw it close to my mouth. 'Don't be shy to spit it out if you don't like it. I'll eat it.' In silence, I took the piece of meat between my teeth and started to chew it carefully. It was kind of hard to chew, but the taste of metal from the blood was a familiar taste in my mouth and soon I managed to swallow it. Not very delicious, but it was good enough to silence my hungry stomach.
At least I wasn't thinking about lying on my mate's grave anymore. I smiled, and looked over at my companion. Dezba always knew how to cheer me up. She always knew how to distract me from sadness and keep focused on the more important things - like food. I sighed heavily, making the jaguar look at me. "Do you ever think I will find someone like Azzaron again?" I asked, my words fading to a whisper as I spoke. The cat looked down at her rabbit, then over her shoulder, then back at me. What was she doing? 'Honest, no. But I think you will experience love again. Not same, but you will.' She failed a bit on the grammar still, but she was learning quickly.

After I had closed my eyes, my bonded immediately ate the rest of her prey and started to lick her paws to clean herself. It felt good to bond with your companion, even if they couldn't talk out loud. But, it felt good. Now that Dezba was busy cleaning herself, I started thinking about my kids. They were both growing so quickly. My daughter, the star in my life, would turn two years old next summer while my precious son turned one in only a couple of months. Where had the time gone?
They were growing up so fast, and soon they wouldn't need their mother anymore. I would be useless. I would only be able to stand by while they go ahead and explored the wilderness outside, leaving their old dear mother home alone. All... alone. Was there therapy for horses yet? I could need some, soon, because it felt like I was going to dive into the pool of depression again and I didn't want that, not again, as I thought once was enough for a woman to bear. Dezba's words started to sink into my brain and I began my wondering. Would I really find someone to love again? Or would I be forever alone, left as a psychopathic maniac who loved the taste of blood? Who would even like a mare who favored blood as a drink? I sure wouldn't, that's for sure. Only crazies would even accept me.
I sighed again and relaxed my body, slowly fading into the world of dreams. A world where I could be with my family without having anyone taking them away from me. A world where I was happy...
At last.

"Talking."

ooc: Open to everyone<3
word count: 1151

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
i wear this crown of thorns
upon my liar's chair

Light paws tap the solid floor for only split seconds at a time, a pink tongue lolled out between black lips on her solid white face; even we are starting to think this little creature is adorable. A loud yip shatters the uncomfortable silence aside from the clack of hoof against stone, two toned ears flicking backward at the loud noise. How loud the pup is turning out to be often leads your unordinaraly active imagination to believe that you're being followed.. Stocked perhaps; hunted. But surely that is not ghetto case, as little Ouija has also proved to be an attention whore already, jumping around and becoming over-excited at the sight of a stranger. "Hush," you snarl, having this been probably the hundredth time you've had to remind her sine her birth just days before.

A growl that seems more laughable than intimidating rattles in her puffy chest, big triangular ears tipping backward to listen to you as she blows past you on the left, disappearing around the tight bend of the tunnel. Just days ago this would have startled you, nearly brought you to tears and made you charge off toward her. Instead, a soft sigh expels from parted maroon lips, your pace only picking up slightly in order to follow the trail of drool she was now leaving behind. A voice floats through the air, one full of deep sadness, even the muffled words being drenched in utter sorrow.

Ouija spots the owner of the voice first, pausing in her steps as soon as she sees the mare chew on something that no equine-related creature should eat.. Something that looked a lot like the meal she had made of a small bird yesterday while the both of you were wandering through the cave with light.. You had told her that light was great, and that she would some day see it. Not that she even knew what you meant. Her large oil-drop eyes watch the massive black animal that she had never seen before as it devoured the rest of whatever it was it had killed.

The feminine voice, the one that you had just heard moments ago, reaches you again, much clearer this time as you round the corner Ouija had disappeared behind. "-like Azzaron again?" was all that you caught, as you were not paying code attention to her voice, an rather to the smells. The disturbing copper-like scent of blood invades your head, causing our pot bellies to rumble with satisfaction. "Ouija, get over here." Your attempt at a whisper is shot between the eyes due to your rough voice, but still your snout drops to pull the pup back toward you by hooking your chin beneath her far side and pulling. Without expecting your touch, the young fox yips again, looking up at your towering body with sorry eyes.

Rummy, glossy pools shift up from the white ball of fuzz to the mare and her feline companion, the sight of blood smeared across both of their faces almost enough to make your stomach turn uncomfortably. White markings drip from her eyes almost like thick lines of paint, dark shades of tinted fur that were surely caused by tears streak the pristine color. You swallow hard, debating whether or not to bother the mare. There have been a few times that you have found yourself in this position, the one that may help, rather than the one in need of help. "Are you okay?" Your raspy voice reaches out to the stranger with a concerned tone, empty eyes shifting down to the mattress of moss that she lays beside. Whatever the random moss patch is you are not are sure, but your muscles tense just incase of a needed quick escape, teeth ready to grapple onto the stretchy scruff of your wrong-species child.

Tagged: @[Delinne]
Ooc: Let me know if you don't need me to tag you! If there are any stupid grammatical or spelling errors that you are confused on just ask, my phone loves autocorrect. >->
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

full of broken thoughts i cannot repair
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
As soon as the feline could smell others, she stopped cleaning herself. She stood up on all four legs and turned around, looking at the pair walking in on them. 'Delinne?' Dezba glanced at her bonded, only to see that she was asleep. Deeply. Frick. She looked at the pair again, glaring as they came closer. A silver horse - like Deli - with a nose as red as blood, it's head covered in black waves and adorned with a stick similar to her bonded's, except it was red like his nose. Next to him was a fluffball of white, yipping and yapping, making her want to shut her ears off. 'Deli, we have guests.' Nothing. 'Delinne.' Still nothing. The cat glared at them, swishing her tail across the stone floor without making a single sound, and felt her Mother stir in her sleep. 'DELINNE. WAKE. UP.'
I would've been perfectly fine staying in this dream for eternity. We were happy again, no one around to bother us or even try to harm us. Azzaron was even more handsome than he had been at our first meeting; His coat shimmering, his eyes sparkling and his wings fluffy and big and strong. He was as healthy as I was whole. No wounds, neither inside or outside. Azarel, Destry, they were both with us. We were so happy. Until I had to wake up. 'DELINNE,' was the first thing I heard in my head when I woke up, feeling a slight headache as I opened my eyes. I hadn't been asleep for very long, had I? I glanced up and saw two creatures ahead of us. Dezba sat half in front of me and glared at the two, making me a little suspicious. 'Who are they?' I asked her, getting nothing but silence back. She was too focused. Confused and still half-asleep, I gathered my nerves and stood up, swaying a little before I regained my balance.

My gaze locked itself on the unicorn. It was taller than me, at least ten centimeters, and it had a similar coat to Lace. It's muzzle was red though, as well as it's ears and horn. The little ball of fluff next to my kin was white, sounding like lapdog which I had seen a lot of in my life. "Are you okay?" From the sound of the unicorn's voice, he was a stallion, which immediately made me more alert. I looked over him, standing as tall as I could. "Uhm.. Uh, yes. I am... I'm fine." Yeah, because stuttering is completely normal. Good job, Delinne. I looked down on the white ball again and noticed it had ears. Was it.. a dog? Or a fox? Shaking my head slightly, I focused on the stallion again and tried to make eye contact. Dezba growled under her breath and I immediately snapped my head her way. 'No.' She glanced at me and frowned, but at least she stopped. Clearing my throat, I turned my head to the stallion again. 'Should I ask who they are?' Dezba shook her head in the corner of my eye and I sighed. 'I'll do it anyways. You're just grumpy,' I thought and smiled hazily at my kin. "So.. Who are you? And what is that?" My voice was soft, but it was shaking as I was too nervous. Stallions made me nervous nowadays, since you never knew who you could trust. Azzaron had been the only stallion I had trusted in this land, but since he was dead gone now.. Well, figure it out.
As expected, a lump appeared in my throat and I swallowed hard to get rid of it. No time to get sad now. 'Put on that smile everyone loves,' I thought, and smiled at him. "My name is... Delinne. Delinne the LightningBorn." It wasn't my own title but I liked so why the fuck not?

Still confused, I shook my head and tried to make myself wake up. Some of the dried blood upon my neck fell to the ground in flakes, like blackened snowflakes. Kind of disgusting for others maybe, but I didn't care anymore. I had grown used to it, which probably wasn't a good thing, but like I said: I didn't care. "You know..." I started, glancing upon the stallion. He was rather average-looking except for that blood-covered muzzle, slim and tall like.. Azzaron. 'Stop.' "It's kinda funny how names work. And titles. Did you know, I actually was called Princess once?" I chuckled, turning my head away from him. "Yes, I was the Princess of the Kingdom Exteria. The first Princess, too," My smile became wider as I spoke. "They called me a Princess, yet they beat me up every. single. day," Another little chuckle. "It's funny. My father was a King, yet he acted like a dictator. And his little princess was beaten. Bullied. Torn apart mentally. But I managed. I'm alive, aren't I?"
I turned to the stallion again, almost glaring at him. "I escaped. That's how I stayed alive. I would've died otherwise, like my dearest mother did. She died because of my father, because she was sick of his shit," My words echoed against the walls, leaving me with the feeling that this place was terrifyingly empty.

Then I realized that I was telling this stallion my life story and immediately shut up. Nobody knew except for Azzaron. And that dragon, Mirage. With a sigh I looked down at the ground, feeling my heavy heart beat slowly inside my chest. "You know what... Forget it," I whispered before I turned my back to the stallion and lied down on the moss again. He wasn't worthy of knowing my story. Nobody was.
"Sorry," I breathed the word, not caring if he heard it or not. What was I thinking? I can't just tell anyone how my life had been. How my time as a Princess had been. I didn't even know why I still remembered it like it was yesterday when I should've forgotten it, repressed it to the darkest part of my brain, like any other horse would've done. Dezba just sat there and stared at us, looking between me, the stallion and the "fox" thing. Then she stopped at me. 'Delinne, what are you doing?' she asked, but I didn't bother answering her. She saw me. She heard me. And she knew pretty damn well what I was doing. Dezba glanced at the horned stallion and his companion before walking over to me, placing herself next to my front legs. Then she stared at the pair that had walked in on us. 'They should go,' she said, and I nodded slightly. I knew what she wanted.
"You two should go. Delinne is tired. If you can't handle a crazy, leave." My voice was different, because it was Dezba's voice. She did this sometimes, when I was too tired to speak for myself. She used my voicebox and most of the time it worked perfectly.
Then we waited.

"Talking."

ooc: @[Voodoo]
word count: 1181

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
i wear this crown of thorns
upon my liar's chair

The large cat stood between you and the ivory streaked body on the floor, a silence lingering for what felt like forever between the amount of time that Ouija had bounced into the room and when the horned female curled up on the moss floor had begun to stir from an apparently deep sleep. Just then was when me deep voice tumbled from my thin chest, and the stranger crawled to dizzy feet, swaying momentarily before straightening herself out. Ouija looks up at you, her large eyes curious and hungry for information that you do not know how to give her. Instead of continuing to close in on the weary mare and her much larger companion, the tiny fox circles around your forelegs and tucks herself behind the left one, peeking out carefully at the feline.

The mare reassures you that she is fine, although you question her actual condition; she's thin, very unhealthy from surely the lack of nutrition dwelling in these caves, and dried black blood is strewn around her boney body randomly. Both ears cock forward, one held toward the cat, one toward the mare. Her weary voice drifts through the empty, warm air once more, asking who we are. We can hear your voice in your skull, "Not you, us." This only causes us to wave a limp-artistes hand at you, scowls burnt onto our faces. "What is?- Uhm," you pause for only a breif second, empty red eyes drifting from the mare to her companion, back to the mare. "I am Voodoo, and this is.. Ouija. I think she's a fox." Honestly you hadn't thought so much about exactly what she is, more of why you had gotten the chance to have her.

In turn, the stranger introduces herself as Delinne, a warm smile taking it's place of her bloodied face. Ultimately, a crooked grin pulls the corners of your lips up as well, even though it surely looks awkward to others' eyes. "Delinne the LightningBorn" she calls herself, a sense of pride almost dripping off of her words. Suddenly upon that, the mare that you had literally just met seems to drift off into her own little word, but still all of this new information is directed at you. All of this talk of a beaten little Princess throws you off, and you can feel the tension in the room thickening. We probably could have bit through the open air and grabbed a succulent snack out of it. Your chest becomes tight and you don't know whether to grab your small pup and leave, or stay and let the obviously stressed Delinne air out. Bingoo we all hum as your brain selects the "stay" option.

Almost as if the spew of personal information drained her, Delinne finished with "You know what... Forget it." and dropped to the floor once more. Without realizing it, you had stood in silence, staring at the mare as she deflated what must have been on her mind, even as she turned away and refused to look at me.. That laugh, the little ones tucked between her words.. That last brink of sanity that bubbles over when your emotions run so high, just as you figure this stranger is going through.. But you know that laugh. It may have been a while since it echoed reluctantly in your head, but you will always know it. A genuine smile creaks across the falsely bloodied face of yours, ears both had flickered forward to her as she spoke. Maybe she knew what it was like to live like this? Possibly..

The jungle cat pads to her bonded's front side, laying against her, protecting her from what may be, you guess. "You two should go. Delinne is tired. If you can't handle a crazy, leave." The mare's voice had shifted into something that it hadn't been before, and she referred to herself as Delinne. "I can handle crazy." you mumble, your crowned skull dropping lower as if to speak at a level that would reach her on the ground. Knotted cords of your partially matted -but otherwise curly- tail sway back and forth uncomfortably, right back hoof cocking on it's knarled edge. "So, Delinne. If you're comfortable with us staying, we'd like to." Empty maroon eyes rest easily on the LightningBorn, the smile had faded into a concerned grin, but still you wait for a response before moving in closer or adding onto the request.

Ouija -not understanding all of the tension that had plagued the once clear air- slipped from behind your legs somewhere between when the mare stopped speaking and folded herself back onto the earth, her triangle ears that are lightly lined in black folded back against her head in concern. The cat wraps up before the mare, and Ouija pads toward her cautiously. Her wet black nose twitches as she sniffs the air, all the while wandering dangerously close to the cat. Finally she stops a little more than two feet away from the duo on the floor. Ears perk up again, her fluffy tail wagging back and forth twice before settling again.

Tagged: @[Delinne]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

full of broken thoughts i cannot repair
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!