The Icewarden
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

MAUJA THE FROSTHEART
there's ice in my veins and blood on the floor

( Delinne and Leyra first, then anyone who wants to greet them is welcome. ^^ )

In short, he'd had a most successful couple of days. Wanderlust and the itching certainty that many creatures passed through the Threshold had caused him to hover in the forest like a ghost, diving in to nab a unicorn or two - in front of the faces of Pegasi! It brought him a certain smattering of pride that both his conquests had chosen to follow him, instead of the winged ones to the Dragon's Throat. He allowed himself a smug little smile. The first he'd found was a thin, emaciated thing, exhausted; he offered her his side to lean upon as often as she needed it, heedless of the dirt it smudged across his mostly white flanks. The other he'd found on their way back, a Friesian who seemed to have more strength in her than this lanky youth had. She was the traditional black opposed to Mauja's spotted white, but she had stripes to break up the monotony. Often during their travel, he'd found his gaze straying to them, tracing their pattern and learning it by heart. It was far from every time that Mauja found unicorns, let alone one willing to go with him - not that they minded unicorns, but sometimes the promise of a mixed herd seemed so alluring to the dreamy eyes of youths... He gave a grunt; the ground was starting to slope upwards, and he was afraid that Leyra's strength would give out before they reached his forested border.

The sun had set a few hours ago, leaving the sky dark and studded with stars. A gentle breeze tugged at the feathers behind his ears, a soft reminder of his gift; around them, the shadows seemed to deepen, yet the cold, distant stars seemed to grow brighter. Across Mauja's pupils lay a reflection of the moon, a silver shadow hemmed in by icy blue irises. It still amazed him, the power the Moon held over him, whenever he caught sight of his own reflection in the dark. Silver light rained down upon them, muting their colors, and Mauja stood out like a sore thumb against the dark landscape - ethereal, shimmering like a wraith, something not quite corporeal. He glanced at his two new sisters; Delinne was dark as a shadow except for her white barring, which, too shimmered in the moonlight.. but they seemed disembodied. Leyra just seemed gray. The Ice King gave a humorless smile and turned back.

To the west, the ocean spread out, inky black in the darkness. Up ahead, the shadow of the Edge's forest loomed, dark and imposing; intimidating to strangers, a comfort to those who lived there. "The Edge," he murmured, picking the way across fallen debris. Earth had done a lot to clear up the mess left in the wake of the fire, but some blackened branches still lay scattered here. He drew in air deep through his lungs; it smelled of salt and seagulls, unicorns and cinder - and the deep, rich scent of new life. Flicking his tail behind him, he drew them deeper into the forest. A thin mist had settled across the ground, swirling around their legs as they moved. Mauja's ears flicked forward to the sound of running water; through a stand of bracken they went, and into a small clearing. At this place, the brook puddled into a miniature lake, perhaps three yards wide. A break in the trees provided them with ample light, and, blinking, he swept out from the shadows and up to the brook's edge. As lush grass as you could find in autumn after a summer's drought waved around his hooves, and at the brook he paused, turning his head to watch the two mares. "Welcome home. Don't stray too far to the north and west, or you might fall from the cliff and into the sea." He gave them a lopsided grin, before letting out a deep, thundering call, announcing to the herd that there were two new sisters to greet.

angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

The mare had had some trouble during the journey, but she was glad the stallion had helped her, allowing her to lean on him. She walked slowly as they entered the Edge.

Blue orbs scanned the area. She listened to Mauja talk, bu zoned out, looking at her knew home. She enjoyed it. It seemed nice, enjoyable.

The mare looked around."Food?"She spoke quietly, her stomach rumbled. Her hooves felt a bit sore from their long walk, and she started to envy the pegasi.

The mare felt a little chilled. The breeze was cold, considering this was a cliff by the water.

She saw the mist clinging to her, swirling around her legs and regrouping after she took a few steps.

The mare felt at home already, but she needed to be cleaned, fed and given water.
"Where may I clean up and eat and get a drink?"The mare piped up. She wanted to look better than her current condition. Maybe she'd attract some stallions, as she did need one.

The mare waited for the stallion's response. She felt a bit shy when she heard him call to the herd to greet us, but she cloaked the emotions with her bold face, making her look strong.

"Action"
"Thought"
"Speaking"

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

D E L I N N E
I'm like lightning, you never know where I struck

The journey to Mauja's home were not as long as my journey to this place Helovia, but it felt like it for my tired body. 'I have wandered long enough already', I thought, but followed the white stallion. My legs moved in a comfortable, slow pace and my muscles stretched by every movement. I had to rest soon, but still I knew I wasn't going to get a rest for a while. I noticed that another mare was a part of our company, too a unicorn. My eyes hadn't catched her before, as I had been looking at the ground to see where my hooves were going.

She was thin, at least thinner than me, and she looked exhausted. Her coat was dark, and her behind was white with spots of the same color as her coat. Though the mare was pretty beautiful, despite her condition. She leaned onto the stallion, and I smiled a bit. Not of humor, but of thankfulness to the stallion. I didn't know why exactly, but it felt right. I looked around me, and noticed how the terrain was starting to change. The trees weren't as many as before, and the ground started to change material.

I looked at the stallion and listened to him, and tried to hear the quiet words he spoke. The Edge. Once again, I looked around me. So this was the Edge. My new home, at least for now. Who knew how long I would be here? The mare in our company spoke, and I turned one ear her way.
'Food?', she said. But her stomach spoke more words than her lips could ever form. She was hungry. And now that she mentioned it, I noticed that I was hungry too. I hadn't eaten since I left my last home - or whatever you call it.
The place I used to call home was nothing but a dry valley with nothing to eat, and a grumpy herd as well. My father had been the leader for a long time, though the herd hated him. I've never known my mother, since she died before I reached 2 weeks into life.

The other mares in the herd had been forced into feeding me, since my father wouldn't let me die. He wanted me to take over the herd when he died. 'Huh, that will never happen', I thought, and grinned - almost invisible. I would never return to that bloody herd, I hated them.
This was my new home, and I hoped the other equines in this herd didn't see me as an outsider.
I ripped myself out of my thoughts, and listened to the stallion. We were here. I hadn't even noticed it. My ears turned his way, and I got a bit frightened when he warned us for the edge of the cliff. A shiver rushed through my body, and I looked around us.

I was home.

Ascended Helovian

MAUJA THE FROSTHEART

[ Posting order is Mauja - Leyra - Delinne! ^-^ ]

His call faded into silence, a slowly dying echo lingering among the trees. Moonlight filtered down upon them, and the only response he got was a word and the rumble of Leyra's belly. One of Mauja's ears fell back curiously, and a gentle, amused laughter spilled out of his mouth. Of course there was food to be had! It was everywhere around them - not the sweet, lush grass of spring, but nutritious and filling all the same. Due to the Edge's size, they always had fresh grass to find. The herd strayed across all of this forested cliff, and when one region had been eaten bare, they moved on, allowing the grass to spring up again before the hungry mouths came to wear it down again. How on earth Deimos had not killed everything was a mystery - even when he didn't purposefully attack something, that gray stallion was always leeching the life out of everything. Mauja guessed he ought to be thankful that he hadn't accidentally killed anyone yet. Not even the whisper of an attack had reached the sovereign, so except for that Ophelia incident, everything had gone surprisingly well.

With a sweeping gesture of both horn and hoof he indicated the carpet of grass around them. "Take your fill, both of you," he invited them, stepping into the brook and up on the other side. There, he paused, held back by yet another question, and he gave the slightest of frowns. Was she blind? Or just extremely tired? There was a brook right under her nose! "Why, right here Leyra." Even though he spoke with one 'brow arched coolly, he kept the slight irritation out of his voice and eyes. Perhaps she came from a place that had no brooks? It would be a weird explanation, but Mauja had learned that many lands outside of Helovia were weird. He gave the slightest of shrugs, and turned to watch the dark forest, looking for signs of movement - for his herd, someone, to come. Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't. It depended on the season, the hour, the individual... There was no rule that they all were to attend an initiation, and sometimes no one happened to be within easy range. But even though he knew that, he still hoped someone would come. And if not... well, he'd just have to entertain them himself for a while, seeing them settled in and make sure the thin mare actually got some food and water into her. It'd be terribly rude of him to just leave them here.

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

The mare began to graze to her hearts content. She lapped up the water, letting it coat her tongue and throat. Her stomach felt better once she had gotten all the food and water she needed, she felt better. She didn't need to rest, she was already looking better, healthier. She slowly regained her strength, and she needed something to do. "Is there anything I may do to help?"The mare's voice was no longer raspy. She felt her normal strength coming back. She wanted to spar. Yes, sparring would help her. She looked at Mauja. Her eyes studying him, memorizing his shape, color, even his muscle definition. She listened to his voice, confident.

The mare's deep blue eyes turned to the other unicorn they had gotten on the way. The Frisian like mare stood there, her white markings seemed to stick out against her black coat.

The mare continued eating the lush grass. It filled her stomach up, and she swallowed. She finally felt full, and rested.

The mare awoke, she had only slept a few minutes. Her health was good and she felt better, but now she needed to spar. Her craving for sparring was unnatural for a mare like her. The mare looked at Mauja.
"Thank you for taking me in."The mare then got up, feeling better, but not yet fulfilled.

Word Count: 225
OOC: How can I spar? Because Leyra really needs to spar right now. ^^

Action
Thought
"Speaking"

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

D E L I N N E
I'm like lightning, you never know where I struck

The mare looked down when she heard his words. So, this is grass? Her neck stretched as she brought her muzzle to the green blades and took a bite. As a foal and young mare she'd never eaten green grass before, since there was no such thing in the valley where she'd once lived.
Only grey and yellow dry grass had been her diet, but also tree bark counted in when the snow and ice had covered everything else. This was luxury for the black Friesian.

Before she knew it a big amount of grass was gone, and she raised her head. Her stomach didn't growl anymore, which made her thankful. This would be a great new home. If only the herd members accepted her as one of them. She looked at the trees around them. There wasn't more than where she had been before, when she first met Mauja, but it was still a little forest on the cliff. Delinne wondered where the herd was.

It was a while ago now since Mauja had called for the herd, and while waiting the two mares had grazed and one had rested. She lowered her head and walked towards the water that the other one had been drinking from.
Dell, as she was called by her closest relatives as a foal, lowered her head more so that she could cool down herself. The feeling of the water running down her throat pleased her, and she raised her muzzle a bit to let out a sigh. This was heaven.

Dell lied down, not far from the water, and closed her eyes. She hadn't rested for at least one and a half week. This was much needed sleep for the black unicorn.
Her horn glowed faintly purple, as her magic wanted to get out. But her power wasn't useful in any way. She could create lightnings and thunderstorms, which was more unpleasant than wanted.
The mare's strange markings showed what power she had. The white stripes looked like lightnings that striked down on her neck and behind. This was also the reason that she had been unwanted by everyone but her dad in the herd.

Her dream was a big blur when she woke up, and she lifted her head quick as if someone had scared her. She looked at Mauja and the other mare.
She still couldn't really understand that she had a home, really. She had a vague feeling that she would be an outcast..

(OOC: Changed the form from 1st person to 3rd person, since it's easier to control and shape the content :D)

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

Long pillars chose careful spaces on the uneven ground. She was investigating the creatures who lived here, and had found the nest of a squirrel. It had put many a pine cone in it's dug out, carefully burying some, and letting the shredded remains of past meals cover it's bounty. He was preparing for winter, just as she was. Except she didn't dig holes, and stuff her food in them. The sleek of her pelt was changing, growing longer to last the cold that would continue. Silver tinted eyes continued to study the tiny burrow, while her ears cupped forward listening to the distant brook she had only discovered yesterday. It gurgled along, if time did not matter, and it did seem to say Faelene come take a drink. The first time here she had to be careful not to over indulge, her body was far from use to having what it needed let alone wanted. One last look to the nest, she lifted her neck, and ambled her way to the flowing water.

She dipped her dry muzzle into it's coolness, sucking up the brisk liquid. There was a rustle of fauna and she lifted her crown enough to detect where it was coming from. Up the brook somewhere, and her hindquarters tensed...ready. Then she cocked a hind leg, whoever was moving was not near enough to catch a whisper of her. With the white fog dancing around her legs, while her lungs barely passed any air. With ears straining they rotated against their dark perch, and she wasn't sure if she had only heard the squirrel running to it's nest in panic. What would have set it off? A raised brow, she turned away from the water, intelligent eyes poking at the darkness. She wasn't sure if it was strange behavior for her to be more of a night creature, or if that was the norm here. Suddenly a powerful call shot from the darkness, bouncing off the trees, and flying by her. That voice she knew, not the greatest, but she did know it was the Edge King. It took little effort to think, she heard the intent. There were more members, and the herd was welcome to greet them. This not sounding like a half bad idea, she began to walk in their direction. The problem was, she had to chose a place where not many a hoof was placed.

Trying to be the graceful creature she could, she failed miserably. Tail of crimson snagged itself on more than one bush, and berry sticks, and she found her right hoof caught in a mole hole. Least no one can witness this, she thought darkly, a tuck in her lip of defiance. She stubbornly pulled her whip-cords upward, and picked her fetlocks higher. When the shadows played tricks, she would twist the nape of her neck, and peer cautiously at a raised, dead tree. After a good guess she would fling herself over it to be countered by another one. The scents of unicorns directed her to continue. There was one more fallen tree in her way. It would be the one to make her crash. Her lift was right, she had not seen the other side where it's thick branch awaited for her. When she soared, hooves reaching for earth, they came down on the limb. It splintered into a thousand bits, and made her lose balance. Knee catching the ground, she bit back a curse, and pushed herself to a stand. What an entrance, she chided herself. Four pillars beneath her were strong, and did not quake by the weight placed upon them. She collected along breathe, but she did not dare yet lift her head, nor shift her locks to see who she had fallen before. She was not quite ready to see their faces, she would feel shame in disturbing them so.

Ascended Helovian

MAUJA THE FROSTHEART

( <33 Faelene. New posting order is Mauja - Leyra - Delinne - Faelene! ^^ )

They both seemed exhausted, ravenous and thirsty. With a hunger he'd never seen before in a newcomer they fell upon the grass, ripping off the drying blades and swallowing them with reckless abandon, as if there would be no tomorrow. Curious, he turned around to peer at them as they demolished the small clearing. It was unlike anything he'd ever seen before, and with unmasked amusement he watched them. Figuring it could take a while, and that either interrupting or leaving would be a bit too rude, he cocked one hip and rested the hind hoof on its tip. He felt like the warden of children, a vigilant guardian making sure no harm would befall the flock, and with a visible smile he watched them claim their shares of food and water. Delinne folded her thick legs beneath herself and laid down to rest by the creek, but Leyra remained awake for a while longer. Her eager voice floated into his ears, and he looked up at her, not quite prepared for being included in their bubble of happiness and life again. "Hmm?" he hummed, and then gave her a gentle smile. Help? Well, there was one thing he could think of right now... Given how utterly exhausted she'd been in the Threshold, and then the journey to the Edge. He'd hardly want to put her at work now. "Rest. Get some sleep, you've earned it."

But she didn't seem intent on following it for too long, even though it seemed to him that her body was screaming for it, trying to force her mind into sleep. She looked to him again, and he returned her gaze with kindness in his blue eyes. At her words, he laughed softly, not wishing to wake Delinne. "It's my pleasure, Leyra, but please, don't keep yourself awake for my sake. You really need the sleep." He moved to the creek's bank again and crossed it once more, feeling the cool waters swirl around his ankles. It felt good, soothing, and he came up beside the appaloosa mare and gave her neck a comforting nudge. She could sleep - she should sleep, and if she didn't soon, he just might have to order her to do it. He'd keep her safe from harm. Both of them safe, he added wryly to himself as he glanced to the peaceful form of Delinne. Her lightning patterns glowed in the moonlight, shimmering softly, but oddly enough a corona of purple surrounded her horn. That was curious. He'd have to investigate it later, for he had no desire to intrude upon her probably much needed rest.

But fate would have it otherwise; she jerked awake just as sounds began to float up to them from the forest downstream. It sounded like someone was crashing through the vegetation, and Mauja raised a 'brow before stepping past the two mares to stand between them and the potential danger. He drew the air in deep through his nostrils, but whatever it was that caused the ruckus was downwind of him. Well, wasn't that just perfect? In his chest, his heart picked up speed, fluttering and readying him for a fight. Some dark things lurked in the World's Edge forest, but most of the time they stayed away, so there was no telling what this unseen disturbance was. Cold swept into his blood, and he held his magic at the ready in case the situation would turn hostile. Narrowed icy eyes stared at the darkness, trying to penetrate it, but the heavy boughs had cast it into shadow.

And out of the dark, vaulting across a fallen tree, came Faelene.

For a moment Mauja just stared mutely at her as she landed upon a branch, splintering it and sending pieces of it flying in every direction. She stumbled but righted herself, eyes glued to the floor; the King relaxed, and gave a gentle, rippling laugh. "Aaah, Faelene..." he greeted her with amused warmth. He gave his head a small shake, eyes trailing her body; he'd not had the chance to meet her all that much, but so far she'd been pleasant. Her black coat was growing shaggier he saw, no doubt in preparation for the winter like all of them. In the monochrome light of the night her red mane and tail seemed more brown, but he knew it to be a color like blood or wine in daylight. What on earth had spurred her to jump across the trees? Shaking his head in silent bemusement he walked closer to her, before reaching out to put his warm, soft muzzle against her poll. "It's okay," he murmured. She seemed quite embarrassed about the act, staring at the ground that way in silence. "Why don't you greet our newest sisters, Leyra, and Delinne? Leyra's the blue roan appaloosa, and Delinne's the other." His voice was quiet and gentle, not meant for the ears of the newcomers but only for Faelene's, hoping to soothe her and make her feel at ease again.

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

The black Friesian stood up quick as she heard a noise that had confirmed her thought earlier. She saw Mauja standing in front of her, protecting her and the sleeping Leyra. What was coming? Where did the noise came from?
As the mare looked around, she saw nothing. Darkness, trees, the sea. But the noise were coming from somewhere, right?
Dell slowly walked closer to the white stallion and observed the still forest in front of them.

All of a sudden the noise became louder, and a mare stumbled upon them. Or, if you have to be correct, she fell over a fallen tree. The mare seemed embarrassed and had her eyes glued to the ground beneath her.
Delinne didn't want to embarrass her more so she remained quiet whilst she watched Mauja, trying to anticipate his next move.
And she was surprised.

He laughed at the mare that had fallen in front of them. Del tilted her head in confusion - why would the King laugh at a mare that clearly was embarrassed for her entry? The name Faelene was heard, and then she watched him walk closer to the unicorn, only to nudge her with his muzzle. Though she didn't quite hear the first words he spoke to Faelene, but she did hear the introduction.
When Mauja mentioned her name, Dell lowered her head a bit in a kind of bow. The Friesian soon raised her head again, and walked closer to the mare as well.

"Hello, Faelene", she said, and observed the mare with her blue orbs. Faelene was totally black, with a branch-like horn in her forehead and a reddish color on her mane and tail. She was rather small, but still bigger than Delinne.
"My name is Delinne, as Mauja said before." The words came easily and she watched the black mare with interest. Was she a part of the Edge's herd?

Word count: 317

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

Steadily she felt her blood racing through her veins, especially her visage. There was an airy, yet deep corded laugh that greeted her. Instantly she recognized the voice as her name was spoken. It was only then she shifted her cranium so her red bangs would drift back and her eyes could see. Mauja was the first she saw, but she could not heighten her stance. It wasn't like standing taller might help her gain some of her dignity. She silently tipped her head in polite hello, not finding the right words to say. She studied white spotted King as he walked in her direction. Uncertain what to expect she stood there, trying to mutter an apology for the display. The lady only managed to open and close her muzzle before his towering figure hovered over her, a kind touch to the curve of her neck. Tone was polite she remembered, and did it's work by helping her eventually lift her drooping head a couple degrees. Further he spoke in tender fashion, helping her overcome. "Thank you," she managed to say in hushed tones.

More respectfully she stood, taking notice of who was who, the bow she was given. The other remained asleep, for that Faelene did not feel so bad for. Delinne seemed nice enough, and Faelene saw light streaks that seemed to dance across her limbs. She would not stare, but give a low bob of her head. "Nice to meet you," she said most pleasantly, wanting to redeem herself. "Sorry for disturbing you, I don't think anyone has erm came that way before."

Ascended Helovian

MAUJA THE FROSTHEART

Slowly they drew closer to Faelene, like moths drawn to light; Leyra remained asleep behind them, resting gently upon the grass with moonlight blanketing her. He could feel the warmth radiating off the two mares closest to him, and flipped one ear back as he craned his head to look at the one still asleep. She was so thin... The King drew in the night air deep through his lungs, picking apart the scents, searching for danger - there was none, at least not which the breeze brought him. Nodding to himself, he decided that she was safe for now. And after all, the three of them were not far off at all, should something cruel come their way. He only had no desire to waken her, listening to the hushed voices of the other mares as they stood huddled around Faelene. She had overcome her embarrassment, at least it seemed so to him for she dared raise her head again, and he gave her another gentle smile. Things always seemed softer in the darkness.

A hushed laughter escaped him again, and he gave his head a small shake, moonlight rippling along the crystals on his horn. No, indeed not, it seemed like no one had. "Faelene the path finder," he said with a wry little smile, amusement in his voice. "What on earth made you come that way?" There was genuine curiosity in him, something soft to his edges, his head giving a curious tilt. What, indeed, made a mare crash through the thickest vegetation and then try to leap across a fallen log that size? Not that he was worried about her sanity (hypocrisy, if I had), but because.. well, because it was an odd thing to do and it intrigued him. Briefly he switched his attention to Delinne and her monochrome body. She seemed at ease. Good. She, too, had been tired, the wear of journey evident upon her body and skin, but at least she'd been able to stand - unlike Leyra.

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
[OOC: Sorry for not saying this earlier, but you can skip me ^^]