the Rift

[OPEN] gave you all i am. i can't do it.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

The wound was open and raw. Bleeding so fast that her heart was beating in tumultuous rhythms. The indecisiveness of the previous beat down gave her no relief. She was an open wound, exposed to the elements. Tears poured silently from her raw, blue eyes. The skin on her face agitated and risen from the salty outward expression of her emotional catastrophe. There was no waiting anymore, she had just had to leave that area, leaving the painted beast in her wake.

The breaths were running ragged, her body heaving with each painful step. Her wing was still bleeding, the rust lines running down the length of her wing, before leaving tiny, perfect droplets of blood. They were the tears of the physical pain that she could no longer react to. Those perfect, red wells trying to pull her attention back to the present situation. Purple bruises had tainted her normally pristine coat, another outward expression of her mind.

She screamed. Right there, right before the cave. It erupted from her throat so harshly and painfully it only created more tears. Her body began to spasm with the weight, as her face crippled with the pain of sadness. In a broken run she was out. She needed to be alone, away, gone. Honestly, she wanted to be dead. If she could, she would be. Yet, then again, another uncontrollable factor kept her from being able. The power of her own life was with a god, or some higher being that still gave to shit about her.

There she was again, her heart encased in a thick sheet of black ice. The ice queen was reliving the dethroning, the abdication of her entire kingdom. She could still hear their shouts, they way they all screamed for her to come back."Leave me alone!" Her own voice echoing across the cave brought her back. Her chest heaved with relief and a renewed pain. Embarrassed and broken she stumbled along the walls of the sanctuary, begging her body to carry her away. The wound on her wing scraping against the stone walls, opening it further. A Red, shining line was left on the wall from the life that poured from her body. Another heaving whimper was pulled from her body in a gasping breath.

'Get back here! Elsa you liar!' It was Oscar, her chamber guard. He was out for her to. He didn't understand. She couldn't make him understand! Why couldn't they get it! She never asked for this! She collapsed in a heap upon the ground. The sharp rocks upon the floor digging into her knees and sides. 'GET BACK HERE! YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER! ELSA, ELSA GET BACK-' She remembered the gargle, the sudden stop of words as a shattering cry shattered her heart into a million pieces. Elsa forced herself up again, tumbling over the loose rocks and stones. She couldn't stop yet! She needed to be alone! Her hooves clattered noisily against the slate ground. 'ELSA YOU TERROR.' Lina's voice cried out and she knew. She knew she had killed him. She had killed Lina's love. She had killed a guard. 'GET THE MURDERER!' The chorus of voices joined behind her. The lack of attention she payed to the physical world didn't bother her. She didn't even notice as the beautiful crystals around her sparkled with unspoken beauty. Elsa didn't notice the way the light begged her to return. All the noticed, was the sudden, welcoming embrace of the sand.

'No you don't Elsa. You can come back, you won't be hurt. You did nothing, except kill. You killed, you can't ignore it' Lina's voice. 'Come on darling, I have no intent of hurting you-' the voice stopped for a moment. 'well until you come out, or i'll just torture your sister. I know she'll like that' a laugh followed. Anger brewed within her body, boiling over, another lack of self control. The sound of flesh being impaled upon ice rang into her mind. Her eyes widened as the sickening sound was stuck on a horrid replay, beckoning her to try and stop it. In a large, resounding thump her body landed upon the sand. Gasping for breath as it was pressed entirely from her body. In that terrible moment she welcomed the second that death almost welcomed her. She had already impaled herself, so she might as well die.

Another emotional wave wracked her. Ana could be dead for all she knew. "This is your fault!" She screamed to herself in the blackness. She slammed her muzzle into the sand. Suddenly, from every direction shot wild, icy spikes. Snow formed underneath her and in the eerie night, the cold wafted from structures. Elsa was trapped by her own, terrifying powers. "I never asked for this!" She wailed, trying forcefully to drive her head into the sand. "I never asked to be born..." She shuddered, slamming her head against the nearest ice structure. The cool, painful thud bringing her slowly from the self-pity she had so long been wallowing in. "I never wanted you back..." She murmured leaning her head against the cool ice. Tears froze to her face and she laughed, long, broken and crazed. The air within the pit had become dauntingly cold. Her breath came in shallower and shallower breaths, condensation began to pour from her nostrils. She thought it ironic that she could possibly freeze to death.

Beware the frozen heart.

"Talketh."

[ooc; open for anyone. preferably someone that will either beat the whizz nits out of her, help her, or maybe an explosive combination of both? :D]

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50ceb46754fc8]

For a year old companion, Sabel was incredibly immature. Note's tail had grown out in the past year, it dragged along on the ground now. Sabel quite enjoyed trying to pounce on it when the dusty bay wasn't pay attention to her. It had become somewhat of a game, with Note almost always winning, flicking his lengthy tail out of the way just as her claws would come near the tendrils. He preferred this method of entertainment much more than the one Sabel had been using before, she would run into rocks to get his attention.
Then again, Note had been giving more heed to the lynx lately. He was slowly starting to interact with more and more horses, Cheveyo being the main reason for it. She was spectacular in her way of acting. The painted mare would test Note's boundaries without realizing it, and even though it wasn't what he wanted, it was what he so desperately craved.
Lost in his thoughts of a painted mare with eyes of orchid, Sabel felt her chance. Note continued to saunter towards the exit of the pit, wings of fire at full blaze, unaware that his companion had halted her steps. The lynx pulled in her haunches, creeping forward one, two steps before...

WHAP!

The lynx jumped right into her bonded's left canon bone. She flailed blindly, paws outstretched and searching for Note's tail. Little did she know, it was already out of reach. The bay flicked an ear back at the lynx, smirking as she gripped his leg with all she had.
'You're never going to win,' Note stated, lifting his leg so the lynx slid down his canon bone and onto the sand with a soft thud.
'I almost did that time..' Sabel retorted, giving Note a sightless glare. The stallion rolled his eyes at her, continuing forward. He couldn't wait to get out of here. Sure, the solitude was nice, but he would appreciate not having to use his wings as his only source of light.
Note's sharp gaze drifted to an icy structure protruding from the ground in front of him. He halted at the sight of it, illuminated in orange by his flames.
'Sabel, don't go any further,' Note commanded, acknowledging the icy spikes protruding all over the place. The cat growled at the statement, but was no fool. Sabel always did what he told her to do. He was the one with the eyes, he saw the danger that could ever so easily consume the sightless lynx.
The dusty bay carefully stepped forward, swerving around the structures until he got to a particularly snowy part of the cave. The source of the frost and ice was a pegasus mare much larger than himself. She wailed multiple times, her tears freezing to her face due to her sudden icing-over of the cave.
Note decided that, as crazy as she may be for recklessly tossing around her magic, she was beautiful. Her coat was a gleaming white with a snowflake printed on her side, wings ending in blue feathers. She reminded him of an angel, though her body had fresh wounds. 'A fallen angel,' the stallion decided. Nothing compared to Cheveyo, a true warrior.
"What the hell are you doing?" Note questioned, his tone more puzzled than harsh. He shifted his flaming wings, for the stallion felt very uncomfortable in this situation. He enjoyed the cold, so it didn't bother him much, but his wings were ablaze with a faux fire. This was a meeting of fire and ice, but in all reality, the flame was just an illusion. He was no danger to the icy beast here.

[Image: 52f3087fe3a26]
"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

tag me in all threads & replies!

ELSA

Elsa could only take so much. She shifted her weight, so her white body was pressed against the ice. The weight of her body on her side compressed her lungs, as the puffs of smoke coming from her body slowly began to dwindle to barely a wisp. Her legs were sprawled out in a weak fashion, dictating just how prone she was. All she could do was swivel her ears to pegasus that had approached. He spoke, not harshly, but his words were still rough around the edges. She heaved a painful sigh, as her body rose and fell to the ground in a large puff of condensation. Her blue eyes looked to the body that had approached, his fiery wings providing a stark contrast to the freezing room. The frost across her body providing even more accentuation to the whole scene. Here he was, ablaze with fire and light, while she sat here, frozen and ultimately wishing the inevitable would come sooner than later. Yet, she was still here, breathing.

Her lips parted another sigh as she blinked slowly, lifting her face to rest on an icy ledge that had formed nearby, allowing her more easily to see the bay pegasus. "Could you melt this?" She asked pitifully, her voice soft and hushed. She shifted, but with less overall pain this time. It seemed the the cold cradled the purple bruises across her chest, and conglomerated the blood that had stained her left wing a rust red. Her mane had now become like a stiffening board, creaking with every movement.

"So what made you stumbled upon this pathetic situation?" She asked with weak curiosity. Honestly, who in their right mind would even approach a freezing room, in which the epicenter was a mentally wounded pegasus. Maybe some craziness was due to hormones, but there was no way that hormones were ever this bad. After this there was surely no way she could ever show her face. "I hate this..." She groaned, closing her eyes for a few moments to let the stallion speak.

"Talketh."

[ooc; anyone feel free to join in whenever.]

Hidden Account

The angelic mare sighed a couple times, just shifting around on the floor in obvious pain. Note didn't pay much attention to her, for he was more focused on the magic that had accompanied the girl. It seemed more out of control than most abilities he had encountered in his lifetime. The mare was dangerous in this sense. Note himself had magic he could not always control, but it was not comparable to this.
"Could you melt this?" she asked, looking ever so meager amongst the frozen sculptures she had brought forth. Her words yanked Note out of his thoughts, his sharp green gaze finding it's way to her own light blue one.
"Not with these," Note spoke, ruffling his flaming feathers, "but I am capable of other talents that might be able to do the job." His tone was once again emotionless, dry and worn in it's course with the only sense of emphasis being on the word, 'talents.' He wasn't actually sure if the lightning magic he possessed would be able to come close to melting the icy, but it was always a possibility.
"So what made you stumbled upon this pathetic situation?" the mare asked. Note's head dropped a bit, eyes relaying the impatience he felt, only worsening his mood knowing that the mare hadn't introduced herself. Note was essentially left just calling the mare 'girl.' An unfavorable situation, for the stallion preferred to know names. His green orbs seemed to almost speak the words: 'really? You've got to be joking.'
"You're blocking my exit," Note said, a hint of humor in the words, "I didn't have much of a choice now did I?"
Sabel slipped in shadows, hugging the frozen wall until she came to Note. She wrapped her slender body around one of his legs, thing coat shivering in the cold. Note was consumed with dealing with the mare, he payed the cat little attention. He would have to remember to scold her later.
"I hate this..." the mare had seemed to finish her stream of words for now. Note nodded his head once at this, shifting his gaze to the walls of the cavern, illuminated by his flame.
"Yes, I can see that. Most of the unfortunate equines trapped in these caves do not favor them. Horses were never meant to live underground, especially the pegasus..."

"The thought made Note's heart ache, but that's what love is. You don't care if the other person hates you or rejects you or anything of the sort because you just want to see them be happy."
pixel by tamme

ELSA

So apparently his flaming wings couldn't do anything to melt the ice. She sighed, and it was quickly followed with a pained groan. He continued to speak and all Elsa could do was roll her eyes, she shifted her weight so she was now comfortably on her stomach. In replace of the cold that had filled her before, she now started to feel warmer like she was filled with a renewed fire.

Her eyes darted uneasily to the cat that scurried across the sand and wrapped itself around his leg. Warily, she looked up to the stallion, and back down to the cat, who seemed to be completely fine and comfortable wrapped around his dark legs. She shook her head a little shocked, why on earth would a horse keep a cat around?

A note of sympathy was in his voice though, as he understood the restraints these caves were putting on their fellow pegasus'. She nodded, and with a huff got to her feet. Her joints groaned from the quick shift of weight, and she shook, ridding herself of the sand. "It's just a lot of combinations of things, first, that we are all stuck down here, and two, that this stupid power is back." Her hind hooves than quickly flew out behind her, coming into contact with the ice. A large cracking sound echoed throughout the cave. The force of the kick made her joints sore, but she wasn't backing down. Only one large crack was in the ice, and she was determined to break it down. Once, twice, and the ice came falling to the floor in shards. She smiled, pleased and exhausted from the energy exerted. She looked back to the stallion, realizing she still didn't know who he was. "Elsa." She offered, and warily looked back to the cat, wrapped around his leg. "Who might that be?" She nodded in the direction of the furry creature.

"Talketh."

Hidden Account

Note was no stranger to pain. He recognized the aching and groaning in the larger female's ivory body immediately as she struggled to get to her feet. The guilt he felt from watching her struggle was unbearable, not because he was the source of it, but because he could no near nothing to help her.
The mare seemed intrigued by Sabel, but not for long. She talked briefly of their confinement, but what really caught Note's interest was her magic. She called it stupid. No magic was stupid in his eyes. He found all of it beautiful, wild and in some cases a simple nuisance, but never stupid.
The mare kicked at her ice sculptures, ultimately breaking the magnificent creations she had spawned. A scowl leapt to the stallion's ashen lips, sharp green eyes looking conflicted at the sight before him. "You call your magic doltish, though it seems to me like it's anything but. Vacuous seems slightly more fitting," Note huffed, turning to the nearest chunk of ice broken from the main structure that he saw. It's normal icy-blue tone glowed orange in his flames. Such a contrast was still odd to the dusty bay, but he found it alluring.
"Your powers are phenomenal," Note whispered, the scowl gone and his features simply emotionless as he studied the ice. He flicked an ear at the other mare before continuing. "I suggest you seek help on controlling them," the stallion smirked, feeling the electricity ripple along his coat. The bay knew how it was to not be in control of something you're supposed to be able to manipulate. It was frustrating and incredibly dangerous to everyone. Especially yourself.
Note could not count the times he had almost stuck Sabel with a deathly bolt of lightning without meaning to do so.
'Elsa,' hissed Sabel through the bond, her ears perked up at the mare. Though the cat was incapable of seeing the pegasus, her stupendous hearing gave the position of the mare away.
"I'm Note," the dusty bay spoke, turning his head back to Elsa. He flicked his tail at the cat between his legs, the feline reluctantly moved forward. Her purr was welcoming as she sniffed the pegasus, reaching out her paw in hopes of coming close to touching the mare's leg. Sabel found that she enjoyed doing so when she encountered new horses, it made her feel connected with them, in a sense.
"That's Sabel."

pixel by tamme

ELSA

He suggest to control it.

Control it. She laughed bitterly at the comment. She control nearly everything but her magic. Ask her to hold her breath until she passed out, she could. Ask her to control a nation, she could (the degree of success could easily vary) do it. Her mouth twitched into a frown, but she was still thankful for his comment, although there was very little she could do. "I've never had control of it." She muttered, shaking her head in shame. "How can one control something so primal?" A pitiful look crossed her eyes as she looked to note, still standing like a pitiful dog amongst the remnants of her shattered power.

Her offered his name, Note it was, and the little cat creature was Sable. Quiet odd it was, a bond with a cat? Although really how could one bond with a black wisp like Oxy? Sable approached Elsa's body slowly, as a low rumble came from it's throat. Suddenly, it reached out, and Elsa jolted backwards for a second, a first response. However, she quickly gained her composure and reached her own hoof carefully to reach the cats outstretched paw. She had never been so gentle before, for she was so afraid of possibly crushing the cat beneath her weight. "It's a pleasure to meet you Sable and Note." She said after her hoof came back down onto the soft sand. She looked around, some of the large ice creations still up around them. "I apologize for putting you two into the midst of my mental breakdown. Sometimes it's just nice to breakdown." She admitted with a shrug of her shoulders, her wings tightening closer to her body, the movement making her wince because of the wound. "And for looking so pathetic. I've just returned from a spar. It was pretty close too, I couldn't even tell who actually was the winner." She said, looking to the wound. "Although she left one nasty wound." She admitted. It was the first wound that really had given her so much pain.

"Talketh."

Hidden Account

Note's lips turned up into a small smile at Elsa's pitiful words. She truly believed she couldn't control it on a degree higher than any other he had witnessed. "Instead of suppressing it, you accept it. Bring it out of yourself, try to use it. You may find that is much easier to do than simply resenting it. And learn why appears, that helps as well," Note had done this. He couldn't tell his magic to stop, but he learned what caused it to happen; his emotions. He kept his emotions neutral, then when he wanted to use the magic, he let it all out. Anger, love, anguish, all of it, he would let go. It worked for him, perhaps it would do the trick for this mare.
Or at least inspire her to figure out herself.
Sabel gave Elsa a cat-like grin as she heard the mare skitter away. Uncertainty was a common reaction she got, but she was able to press her paw against the mare nonetheless. The feeling of her soft coat was one Sabel was unlikely to forget.
After doing so, the cat returned to her bonded, slipping in and out of his legs as she so often did.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Sable and Note." Elsa spoke. Note nodded at the words, giving her a small smile. "And you as well, Elsa," the stallion said simply, giving her an attentive look as words fell from her lips.
"I apologize for putting you two into the midst of my mental breakdown. Sometimes it's just nice to breakdown. And for looking so pathetic. I've just returned from a spar. It was pretty close too, I couldn't even tell who actually was the winner. Although she left one nasty wound." Note nodded once again, this time slower as he soaked in her speech. He guessed this was quite a state of lowness for the mare.
His sharp green gaze flickered to Elsa's wound. It was possible it would leave a scar if she didn't get to a healer, sadly Note was not gifted in that department. Though there were many others in Helovia who he knew who were.
"You'll be all right in the end, if you find a healer now," Note smirked, moving forward to step around the ice and snow, as well as the pale Elsa. "With everyone piled in the caves, that shouldn't be hard to do," the stallion continued, eyeing his escape route, but turning his attention back to Elsa one last time.
"I do wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors, Elsa," Note stated, Sabel dashing forward, away from the chatting pair, "And you're not alone in them."
With that, the dusty bay shot the mare a smile, his silver hooves moving towards the exit of the cave to leave Elsa to ponder on her own thoughts. Or whatever mares did when they were alone.

pixel by tamme