the Rift

[OPEN] He is Not One of Us

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Cera
I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the war's won, and I don't care if heaven won't take me back

Fear does not keep him below land for long. When there is word that the outside lands have been freed from shadow, he escapes, uncaring of the wraiths that are rumored to still linger. He is a child of sun, he yearns for the rays that touch his back, and his only desire is to leave the place his father roams. The place he is not meant to be. Midas was a hard stallion to avoid, but Cera had done his best, despite Ilaria hissing and fighting all the while. Cera had despised himself for a long time now, wondering why he had to be the weak one, the one who crumbled into tears at every new discovery and change in his life. He was not bold and fearless like Ranjiri. He was not strong and stable like Hototo. He was nothing. He was a fake son to a lead everyone adored. And before then, he was the quiet, invisible adopted child of their beloved General. Just an orphan taken in by the oh-so-loving and considerate golden boy. Cera loved his father, but he hated how in a family of glowing, beautiful, perfect souls he was the stain between them all. The black sheep. The ugly duckling.

So he is back where it all began. The scar upon his chest burns idly, as if sentient and knowing that this place is where it had been made. Cera still vividly remembers that day, with the twisting golden light in the trees, the joyous day he'd been having. Even now he can recall the burn of the poison in his veins, the way the earth had scratched him in his sensitivity as he curled upon the ground, prone and useless. Remembers the howling and shrieking of pain that tore his body apart, the screaming in his head as Ilaria, just a newborn at that point, felt every sear along his heart. She had been so young, he laments in his head, seasons later. He would never forgive himself for bonding to her at that time. She had forgiven him so long ago, but he would never be able to forget.

Ilaria, for once, is not resting upon him in some fashion. Instead she takes to the trees, exhilarated to be free once more. A climber at heart, there is not a day that passes where she doesn't seek solitude in the branches of a tree. It was why she loved the Magnolia tree so much. Pain strikes at Cera's heart, and his throat makes a pathetic choked sound. He lifts his head to the skies and gives a restrained scream of anger. Whirling about he lunges at the closest tree, letting his pale hooves strike into the surface with a vengeance, eyes wild and teeth bared, ears pinned deep into the locks of his mane. It hurts, splintering up his ankles and bleeding idly, but he refuses to stop. He wants to hurt, because it's better than feeling numb. With a decisive move he digs his teeth into the bark and rips it off, muffling his yell into it before spitting it out distastefully. Narrow chest heaves and he stalks off, Ilaria chittering fearfully behind him, scampering from branch to branch, trying to keep up. She's scared, wants to know what's wrong, but there is a thick wall keeping her out of his thoughts as he moves away from her.

He doesn't stop until he is facing the bloodied pond. He stares down into his reflection as Ilaria winds between his ankles, focusing her magic to heal the scrapes along his legs, knowing he would not allow her into his mind just then. Scowling, he cusses violently, a slew of words that don't fit his personality. When he has finished, too tired for such anger, he stares down at the watery image staring back at him and wishes he had the tears left to cry. "I wish I'd never survived my mother abandoning me," he grit out, voice rough and hoarse from screaming. "I'll never amount to the perfection of my supposed family. What is love, alone, when faced with a mix of blood and love? Nothing," he spat. Absolutely nothing. So what was he?

@[Snö] maybe @[Midas] later!

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

SNÖ</style>
  what did they aim for when they missed your heart?</style>

It had been shortly after her return to Helovia that the world seemed to come apart at the seams and thrust them all into a world of darkness crawling with monsters so hideous and fierce that most wouldn't even fit into one's worst nightmares. No one had answers and everyone ran scared. The ice princess had spent a good deal of her time out in the darkness because what did she have to lose? Tarak had been destroyed long before she'd crossed Helovia's borders and came home. Rapha, the idiot that named himself her slave was gone, not that she particularly cared to know where he had run off to. He was probably dead. Monster had returned, but he seemed to be ever so loyal to her father, whom she still held a bit of dislike for. And her mother? She had disappeared when the darkness had struck and Snö hadn't seen her again since.

Time dragged on endlessly with no end in sight for whatever plague had descended upon Helovia and there was a disparity that had begun to settle in Snö's chest. The idea of leaving Helovia again was beginning to have more appeal, but then the sun rose. Oranges and golds streaked across the sky as the top of the sun peeked over the horizon. There was an immediate warmth that came with the golden rays of sun and with it came hope. Snö had never been one to hope for anything and so the feeling was strange and foreign, not completely understood but not unwelcome.

For several long minutes the young mare stood still and statuesque as she watched the sun rise and take its place in the sky, then her journey began again. An hour or so later she stepped into the treeline that formed the outskirts of the Deep Forest, a place that she had been only a few times in her young life. She remembered thinking that all forests were the same, but the deep forest was different. There was an air of mystery, and edge of danger, and it was far from lacking in beauty. It was silent and serene, more so than the Aurora Basin had ever been. At one time she had liked that the Basin had been bustling with activity, but after spending so much time alone with Tarak she had discovered how much she had liked being alone. Just her and her thoughts and her metal wolf.

Now it was just her and her thoughts.

Angry screams interrupted the moment of silence and Snö found herself a little irritated and curious at the same time, so she followed the screams to the source and watched as a pegasus stallion attacked a tree. She'd always been told that the winged ones were weird and this kind of proved it. The spectacle lasted for several minutes before the stallion and his companion moved on. Snö could have left well enough alone but she followed after them, keeping them just enough in sight so she wouldn't lose them but staying far enough away to stay mostly unnoticed.

When he stopped she ventured closer, ears pricked as he began to speak. "What did that tree do to you, I wonder..." The icy mare said as she stepped a few paces closer. Why he would wish that he hadn't survived being abandoned she didn't understand and wasn't sure she wanted to understand. What she did understand was that his family was a source of ire, much like her own family was for her. "Family can be your greatest downfall." Her own had yet to be any sort of an asset to her and obviously his family wasn't an asset to him, either. "Who are you?"

"Talk."

Credits

Cera
I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the war's won, and I don't care if heaven won't take me back

Ilaria is the first to notice the maiden that trails behind them. She knows before Cera does, but she cannot warn him, for she is barred from his mind. It is a hellish prison to her, one he does not often throw the both of them into, but which he needed this early morning. It was cold, and he shivered slightly, used to the roasting heat of the Dragon's Throat. Even then, he recalled the snow that tried to linger upon the clay of the desert. The time he'd nearly frozen as a foal, when he'd met the mutilated Lynx, mute and kind. Winter was not so kind to the fire child as he would have liked. But of course it does not take long for him to recognize the shifting of the wilderness around him is off. There is an unnatural occurrence, one he knows well. Someone is walking about, more specifically, someone is walking towards him.

Turning quickly, his eyes narrow in distrust, observing the snowy fae. But her body is not held in any position for fighting, so he gives a soft outward huff to try and dispel his paranoia. After all that had happened in these forests- nearly dying at the hand of d'Artagnan, and again when he had slain the doppel version of his father- he was not one to be at peace within its borders. Her voice was melodic, but cold. Not unfriendly, merely...icy. Almost royal. He regarded her with curiosity, in a similar fashion, while she spoke. "Is it not better to attack a tree than to harm an innocent soul, one not involved in my troubles? Pain is better than numbness." He shrugs his shoulders simply, not seeing any other explanation that he could elaborate on in any way. He'd rather hurt himself and a random tree than ever bring blood to the body of another in his anger.

She was around his age, possibly a little older, he observed quietly. In his years, growing up far faster than he should have, he had learned to watch and listen very carefully. It often saved him in times of trouble. He was only the barest smidgen taller than her, and while wings sprouted from his sides, she had a horn swirling up her head like an elegant crowned dagger. A bitter chuckle and a nod were all that were given, at first, as he contemplated a reply to her own comment on familial ties. "You're wise in that statement, miss. My mother abandoned me as a foal, and I wandered the Throat for much of my life. Herds that claim themselves to be kind," he scoffed here, ears tilting halfmast at the mere thought. "Yet they ignore you. I could not speak correctly for seasons far more than necessary or normal. Downfall. Yes. Well, perhaps it is time I turn my back on them. I doubt it will have much impact. But you likely don't care, I'm rambling." Shaking his head idly at himself, he cleared his throat.

"My name is Cera. This is my companion, Ilaria. I was originally from the Throat, adopted son of Midas the Gallant. May I ask your own calling, miss?" He gave a lilt of a smile, shuffling to face her better, the manners pounded into him shining through. It took off the edge of the distress he had kicked and screamed away, let him smile again, emerald eyes glittering in a friendly manner as he looked upon her pretty frame. "Though I must not have made the best impression, kicking around a tree like a maniac. You certainly came at an odd time, miss," he laughed softly, dropping his wing automatically to allow Ilaria to clamber up, waiting until she had rested upon his hindquarters to raise it once more for fear of dislodging her. Cera wasn't entirely sure how to go about speaking with the mare, still feeling out the little bit of her personality shining through in those few sentences.

ali

SNÖ</style>

The cold temperatures didn't phase Snö, for she spent a good deal of her life in the Basin where the temperatures were below freezing year round. The feathering over her lower legs was a perfect insulator for walking through the snow and while there was a touch of snow here and there the forest floor was nearly absent of it. The canopy above had caught a majority of the snowfall during the darkness and with the sun rising and beating down on it it was beginning to melt. Eventually it would feel like icy rain falling down on them. The stallion, however, seemed to be mindful of the cold judging by the way he shivered. She didn't go unnoticed before long and even before she spoke he spun around to face her, seemingly ready for a fight. The varnished girl stood her ground, tail flicking lazily, but her eyes intently studying the pegasus.

Then he spoke.

"Are you suggesting that trees don't have souls?" She deadpanned. "Or innocence?" She wondered what the Earth God would think about that opinion. Of all the Gods of Helovia he was the one she pegged as a 'tree hugging hippie' and it was with good reason, of course. It was because of him that the plant life flourished. "Some horses believe that every living thing has a soul." Which would mean that he had attacked and hurt something and his logic for doing so was flawed. Her blue eyes narrowed and she wondered it was that flaw that made them disposable. For so long she had never questioned why pegasi and equines were disposable and wrong but life outside of Helovia, away from the ones who pushed such beliefs made her wonder.

Experience made her wonder.

It made sense to her, why the cold bothered him, when he spoke of being from the Throat. She had been there once and she had hated the desert with a passion. She certainly was not a creature made to deal with excessively hot temperatures. Snö listened with a passive expression as he spoke of being abandoned and about how herds were two-faced. The way he said it was laughable and she wondered if he knew just how two-faced some herds could be. She remembered the Basin accepting their own and running off the ones that bred with non-unicorns and produced foals that bore both traits of their parents. She hadn't been there to see it personally, but even in secretive groups word traveled. She, however, would say nothing about the Basin herd or the Plague. It was no longer a part of her current life and she planned to keep it that way because she was happier now, being alone, than she had ever been living in the herd.

"I cannot say that your father's name is overly familiar." Snö replied honestly in response to Cera's introduction. "I am Snö." She debated on whether or not her parents names were of any importance then decided to impart Cera with the knowledge since he had told her who his father was. "Daughter of Mauja the FrostHeart and Psyche the Dark Empress."

"."

Credits
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 I can't remember why I've wasted all these tears</style>

The clouds rolled back, darkness fled and we could all take a deep breath of air, crisp and wonderful. Never had sunlight felt so wonderful kissing a hot path across my shoulders, never had it felt so welcomed. Frostfall was still upon us but it lacked the previous bite once first felt when our land had succumbed to darkness. Fina traveled ahead, aqua eyes peering into the heavy timbers we soared above.

Suddenly she cried out and quickened her pace, I hung back knowingly—figuring that a snowhare or mouse had caught her attention. But as she dives for the forest floor I felt the gentle fingers of her intellect pressing in my mind, “Cera.” She coo’s with affection that was rare. The following seconds didn't include a thought process that made me question how to act;without missing a beat I dove with her, pushing through an opening in the canopy. My feet extend, hindquarters thrust down and breast rose up. Appendages backpedaled and I thumped to the ground gracelessly.

Eyes fixed themselves firmly on the creamy paint that stood near an alabaster female who wore a crystal horn. There was no pause to offer caution as I stumble a step forward, “Cera.” I said softly, pushing toward him with both wings still extended. “I...I…” Fina levitates overhead, greeting Ilaria in her own way with a series of small chirps and clicks. Unable to stop myself I push ahead, meaning to try and pull him into an embrace, feel the realness of his pelt and scent. He was alright. Alive. I didn't stop to wonder about our last discussion; was it so wrong that a father would want to hold his oldest son?

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

An amused smirk played upon pale golden lips as she spoke, rebutting everything he had said. "It is Grandfather Earth who told me himself that taking out my pain on others is not the way to deal with it. He is the one who bonded Ilaria and myself. I know he would allow me to inflict any damage on his trees, rather than have anyone else hurt with me." He shuffled his wings and gave a soft laugh, voice deeper with age and softer with disuse. "Shall I go and apologize to our dearest pine tree?" he teased, smirk curling his lips playfully, hoping to break the barriers that seemed to keep her from relaxing around him. Cera had always had a way with others, but he was unaware of it, only knowing that he wanted to know more about the cold dame before him. She was certainly...interesting, to say the least.

At the very least she was sincere, and he bobbed his head easily to her admission of not knowing his father's name. "He is- or, was- the Sultan of the Throat. Though I must say," he gave a kind, unassuming smile towards her and tucked his feathers to his belly to ward of the chill, "it is a pleasure to meet you, miss Snö." He bent leg, opposite pillar stretching low and long against the ground as he bowed his chin to his chest. Ilaria gave a chirp of similar greeting, despite already having spoken long before the formal introduction. Straightening, the fire child gave a smile to the snow fae, marveling at how incredibly different they were. Though, surprise showed on his features as she mentioned her father. "Mauja the FrostHeart? I have heard of him, yes. But I don't know much of him, I can't really say much of him because of it. Except I wouldn't have met you without him," he stated simply, giving a small smile. Why should he condemn her for her lineage? It was just as bad as condemning her for the horn upon her head, merely because a similar one had carved the scar in his chest.

But he was soon distract from conversation with the pale mare by the cry of a bird overhead. And not just any bird. It was a cry he knew well, one that captured attention far easier and far faster than any simple songbird. Head lifted, he searched the skies, hooves moving uncertainly in a dance of recognition, wings lifting in a desire to find the phoenix surely flying above. He cast a distracted smile towards Snö. "Would you like to meet a fire bird?" he laughed. Seconds later Fina was diving through the canopy in a glow of red and orange. Cera nickered softly at her, glee shining in emerald eyes. Pale golden muzzle reaches up towards her, laughing as she dove to meet Ilaria in greeting. The red panda stood comfortably upon her back legs, waving her soft paws into the air and flicking her tail as she chittered and chirped excitedly in response to the beautiful predator's hello.

And then through the branches overhead a far larger body crashes through, and Cera startles, nearly sending Ilaria toppling. Quickly he lifts a wing in one sharp movement, cradling her in the back of his feathers as she lets herself fall into his embrace. His eyes widened and he instinctively turned to shield Snö, despite the logical part of him that knew that where Fina went Midas followed. Only when his name was spoken did he blink stupidly and lower his guard, wings dropping. "Father," he greeted simply, keeping still as Midas came forth to embrace him. Tucking his head over the shorter neck of his father in a brief return of it, he pressed their cheeks together as he slide away. Manners taught by the painted stallion himself dictated that he introduce the two. "Father, this is Snö. Snö, this is my father, Midas." Crown moved between the two as he introduced them, respectful.

Tilting his head curiously, he regarded his father, somewhat distant. "Father, what brings you here?" It was not common for Midas to venture into the Deep Forest, especially when it held such dark secrets for both him and Cera. Both having the same experience taint their views of the place. So where was he heading, to have encountered the fire child and his new acquaintance?

If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much
I am Ceraaaa

ali

SNÖ</style>

Snö seemed almost disinterested as the pegasus defended his actions with more of his faulty logic, but the young mare was, indeed, listening. She thought that he was kinder than she was because she would not have attacked a tree in her anger, but the first one who looked at her the wrong way. Perhaps in that way she was more like her mother than she cared to admit to herself that she was. Another part of her thought that she'd rather be more like her mother than be like her father, whom she had begun to think of as a womanizing pig. The pegasus asked if he should go apologize to the pine tree and rather than answer his joking question, Snö remained quiet and watched him as he spoke and as he moved. She let him tell her who his father was and when she spoke again it was only to say that she hadn't heard of him before.

"He is- or, was- the Sultan of the Throat."

A flicker of recognition flashed in the pale mare's icy eyes and she frowned. "I've been to the Throat before." She said. "I was stolen away from my home, back when my family still ruled the Edge." "Before the moon bitch betrayed us." "I was taken as a trophy by one of your own." She remembered Mesir well enough. She remembered wanting to stab the older mare and pound her hooves into her skull, but being a foal she was weak and unable to defend herself. She'd had to rely on her father and it was, perhaps, the only time he'd ever really come through for her. "How can you live in such a hell hole?" Her dislike of the place was apparent in her voice, though if Cera were to honestly look at her and see the frost that coated her horn and hooves he would know that she was a creature of snow, not heat.

Snö's head tilted as Cera bowed his head to her and said that it was a pleasure to meet her. She simply nodded in return, somewhat shocked that he would call meeting her a pleasure. It brought more doubt to what she had been taught all her life, about equines and pegasi. In her travels she had asked others why they hated them, curious about how their reasoning would compare to the reasoning of her family. She had been told that they were conniving and evil, but so far Cera seemed about as evil as a fart in the forest.

"Would you like to meet a fire bird?"

"I am not particularly fond of fire." Nevertheless, the bird appeared and Cera seemed excited to see it. Then from above another appeared, crashing through the tree branches. She startled and stepped back several steps, taking note of how Cera put himself between her and the pegasus that had just drove through the trees. The two regarded one another for mere moments before they spoke and embraced, leaving Snö to watch on with growing envy. When she had come back she had received no such welcome from her father, though her mother had seen somewhat pleased to see that she was still alive, at the very least. She nodded to the stallion as Cera introduced them, but remained silent because it seemed as though he were far more concerned with his son, as he should be.

As should any parent.

@[Midas]
@[Cera]

"Talk."

Credits
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

Our moment was brief, and I couldn’t hide the flicker of disappointment that sparked behind the melted pools of my gaze. His touch, his smell was soon gone; retracted and purposely distanced. It was then that my attention was forcefully pulled to standing company, a girl of which who didn’t appear overly displeased with our greeting and the obvious brushing aside. Hindquaters shifted and carried bulk a step or so back, giving Cera space to breath—feathers slithered toward their sheath. My crown had already dipped into a deep nod, chin tapping the stone just beneath breast twice. “Apologies, Lady Sno, let things be well between us.”

Gaze rose from the ground and for the first time since I’d flown into this clearing I gazed at the company my son had been conversing with. Her sharp eyes and glittering crystal like horn gave me pause—though I’d not think that this to be the child of Mauja the Ice King. Too many of Helovia bore similar markings, Apollo for one. We’d all been born from the first of our kind, the great stallions and mares of a world that was still young.

Cera pried for attention and the purpose of my visit. Softly I replied, turning a careful eye to him, “The sick still roam these woods and the lands surrounding. I’ve come to locate and if possible, mend them." There were things I wanted to talk with Cera about, things that needed to be shared during a moment of private conversation. “Ye two should take care,” I warned, brows narrowing into a hard line as I thought of Ranjiri, “The wraiths are deadly and a single bite can leave ye stricken as well. They are…” Tone softened as Fina’s talons lashed themselves across my quarters, “Fast and strong like a god.” Turning to my child I added, "I am thankful to see ye. I was afraid..." Words faded and my frown deepened, "Where has ye been in all this?"

Cera

A soft hum shook his throat in understanding as she spoke, a frown thick in her voice even without it being overly prominent on her feminine features. For a few moments he rolled his words on his tongue, speaking them with as much surety as he could manage, not wishing to offend the fae. "So then, you are from the Auroras? I hope you do not think less of me, my lady, for I was but a colt when my family wronged yours. I do not wish their bad blood to ruin our possible friendship." His earnest attitude, at least, may earn him a bit of understanding from the snowy lass. Though he'd never been stolen, he could only imagine the horror of it, to be taken from security and family at such a young age and held as a prisoner in a strange land. Regardless he could not withhold a chuckle at her words. "Hellhole? I could ask the same of you, yes? I am a son of heat, you are a daughter of cold. But I am not your captor, nor am I the generation that drove you from your home. I may think you are odd, for living somewhere so cold, but I would not call it a hellhole." He laughed easily, all the while praying he wasn't going to end up saying something infinitely stupid and causing her to kick him in face. Wasn't it supposed to be Hototo that was bad with girls? At least his laugh sounded natural. Maybe the Earth Shaker was right, mares really did smell fear. Why did he ever want a mom, again?

Midas's arrival swept those thoughts away, and he smiled apologetically at Sno when she claimed to not like fire, not having the time to gather words to apologize with the crashing that accompanied his father's frenzied landing. So instead he allowed the feathered stallion to pull him close, to feel his warmth and know he was there beside him once more. There was so much he desired to say but could not, would not. It wasn't the time. Not in this place where all their demons lie, and especially not with Sno looking on. Though with how reluctantly Midas released him from his bosom, maybe he was wrong to be thinking that after they'd been apart so long and under such uncertain terms.

However it went, Midas was quick to apologize to Sno for his concentration upon Cera alone. Even remembering the shadowed figures made a shudder crawl upon his skin, and Cera snorted softly to distract himself from it. "Let us hope they are healed swiftly, I don't want to imagine what could happen should the infection linger too long untreated." Head shook solemnly, seeing no other words that could explain his fears as well as he already had defined. Emeralds lifted to Midas upon hearing the subtle shift in his lyrics, knowing the words were meant only for the patched son. "Working with Gaucho to fight them. I was beyond the Sanctuary more than within it. It was a risk I was willing to take." His voice is soft, not wanting Midas to worry over past events that neither had control over any longer.

Pale face turned to Sno and smiled pleasantly. "Let us not leave the lady from our conversation, father. What brings you so far from the ice, Sno? If I may venture to ask?" Please don't kick me in the face oh Gods please don't kick me in the face...

ali

SNÖ</style>

"Not originally." Snö replied when the pegasus asked if she was from the Auroras. "I was not born here. When I left my mother and came to live with my father I lived in the Edge. Until it was taken from us by the group that called themselves the Qian." And if she remembered correctly the Throat had helped them, which made it two strikes against the Throat in her book. But this boy seemed to be about her age and even claimed as much so perhaps he did not fight to take her first home away from her, but his kind did and she would be wary of him until he proved that he was as different as he was claiming to be.

He seemed to become a bit defensive when she called his home a hellhole and even alluded that he might consider her home the same. "If you called my home a hellhole you would be correct." She said evenly. "I don't believe that your kind could thrive there." She was not insinuating that he was weak, but that the conditions would be far too harsh for a pegasus to live and be happy there. "The icy winds would wreak havoc on your feathers and though it may not look it ice becomes heavy after a while. I don't believe you would be able to fly easily iced wings."

His father's arrival ended her observations of what she thought might not be easy living for a pegasus. She was left to watch, silent and envious until the newcomer addressed her. "As you wish." Came her reply to his request to let things be well between them. She was left to ponder over his request, wondering what exactly he meant. Was he feeling guilt for startling her and so rudely interrupting her in mid conversation? Or was it guilt that he was excluding her when she'd been there first. She averted her eyes to the forest surrounding them so he wouldn't see the flash of jealousy that sparked in her crystal eyes.

Finally she was addressed again and she looked at the younger pegasus. "I am a wanderer." She answered. "As is my father and my mother." There was no real reason for her to be so far from the Basin aside from her own curiosity of what lay hidden in the depths of Helovia's forests. "Why are you both so far from the Throat?"

@[Midas]
@[Cera]

ooc:// don't feel pressed to post here, angel. take your time <3
"Talk."

Credits
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 MIDAS</style>

His answer was mutual to my own in its desire for this disease to be fixed with haste, though my only reaction was to nod with collective strokes. It didn’t ease this old warrior nerves to hear that my son was fighting those unholy beasts, but in a separate way it made me proud of him—this boy was a worthy prodigy and it was high time that he realized that full potential. Still, there was a permanent slice of my soul that saw him as the gangly babe I’d sheltered beneath the awn of gold dipped wings. That same part of me would kill for his safety and continued existence.

Cera turned our conversation from semi-private words to one of more open discussion, and though I wanted nothing more than to share with my prodigy the happenings that had occurred over the past few weeks—I knew now wasn’t the place and as thus my reply was an easy smile as he directed words to the lass called Sno.

The Basin lass proclaimed her title was that of an outcast, then pried the nature of ventures outside our homeland. My smile drooped into a stance of haplessness, “The darkness chased us from our land—hopefully the children of sand will be able to return soon.”It was with difficulty that I purposely left out my omission in the return home, heart ached sorely with the secret knowledge that I wouldn’t be among their shinning firelite faces.