the Rift

[OPEN] Come, Break Me Down

Farkas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Farkas
Like an alien, I walk this earth

Farkas was in a daze. He had followed his father from the forest where they met, but as the pace never slowed down, he had gone into another world to cope with the sore muscles that tormented his mind. And when he slowly drifted back, he had lost all signs of the black stallion that sired him and the green dragon. It was not so bad though, he knew the scent too well, so it was no hassle finding the entrance to the cave. The stallion stopped before he entered, drawing in the scent of all those living under the earth. He did not want to go in, as horses scared the shit out of his young heart, but, as the son of Tyradon, he kept his word - no matter what.

He should have turned around as soon as the sight greeted him, for fear and every negative emotion gripped around his throat. This was macabre. Equines should never live like cattle and rub shoulders with the horned or winged. No, this was wrong on so many levels.

The blood of the behemoth moved his legs when his brain could not, and slowly, slowly, he entered the masses. No one reminded him of home and no scent told him this place was safer than the world above. As he moved, his eyes were fixed at the ground, counting each stone he passed. Sometimes, when no stone was in sight, he let his blue eyes dart around the room before they fell to the ground.

The newcomer never revealed the blood that ran through him, or the thoughts that hammered against his frail mind. No, to others he was just a young stallion, colored white of snow and black of ash, seeking shelter on this dark day.

OOC: Open to all and @[Tyradon] :)

Tyradon Posts: 106
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2 :: 14 Buff: NOVICE
Cynder :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Snow

He rarely walks; he marches, like a soldier going to war. He cares little if his relentless pace troubles his son - the boy will have to learn to cope with it, or get left behind. Cynder flies above, seizing any opportunity to stretch her wings - their forced captivity beneath the soil troubles her far more than it does him, and she eagerly snatches at any chance to soar as she was created to do. She avoids the snow - not wanting to risk it extinguishing her tail - and instead flies so high she appears as nothing more than a dot. Their mental bond is strained at such distance, and Tyradon finds it rather unsettling, but he leaves her to her fun - it is quite rare these days, after all.

Finally they reach the caves, and the beast casts a glance behind him at Farkas. He looks reluctant to enter, and the leviathan allows his expression to momentarily soften before quickly turning harsh again - he can have no room for sentiment, but he can understand the youngster's dislike of such confined quarters. It kills the warlord, too, to be so close to members of the other species, to be forced to live alongside them like a peasant - their stench is everywhere, like poison in his nostrils. "This is only temporary, son. The darkness will lift one day - and if it doesn't, I will make it." He did have every intention of gathering an army to chase away the wraiths and open Helovia up again, but he got rather sidetracked with his plans with Confutatis.

Ah, yes, those plans - he had promised to give his son more information once they were safely in the caverns, but he has a few questions of his own, first. He can feel Cynder getting closer and closer until eventually she bursts through the cave entrance to land on her bonded's back, as eager as him to learn Farkas' story. "You never did tell me - where have you been since...everything happened?" He is talking, of course, of the war, and of the unicorn that stole his magic and his dragon's maturity.

WHEN THE LIGHTS FADE OUT, ALL THE SINNERS CRAWL

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Unregistered

Farkas
Bought my fate straight from hell

The use of facial expressions, good or bad, was as useless as thinking a sentence and expecting others to understand what you think. The young stallion did not understand them, even when his mind was clear of thoughts and worries. He saw something change in his father's face, but did not understand why. Maybe he would learn it someday, when this world was rid of those who breathed poison into the air.

He raised his head as he was spoken to, but as no answer revealed itself, he did not comment on the talk of yet another war to come. Too much death and suffering had claimed his time already, and let's not forget the pain. When the seconds question left the sire's lips, the son breathed heavily, as to prepare himself for the truth. "I ran, Father. Away from what would be my death, but it still was not enought. " he answered, eyes down on the floor with ears flickering. "My mother accompanied me, as we tried to find a way to survive the night. We failed. Or, I failed."

It was not hard to see how the trip down memory lane affected Farkas, as his body began to rock back and forth. Talking about his mother's death still brought emotions he did not know how to handle or even how to keep it to himself. The things he had seen..

"Some winged gang found us and had their way with her before they left. I tried to keep her alive, but her wounds were too severe. I had to end her life as she did not want to suffer. After that, I began to search for you."

What an utter failure he was, the stallion with the blood of a warrior and a king.

Hidden Account

His expression is inscrutiable as his son speaks, noting the boy begin to rock. Despite himself, the beast's stone heart begins to pound; as Farkas' story finishes, he finds himself lost for words. Trizia had been just another mare with a willing womb for him to fill with the seed of a new generation - he had been fond of each and every member of his herd, but even the dams of his children had been no more than helpful vessels, for him to protect and monopolize but never love. Yet whenever he saw one die, whenever he saw one's life brutally ended by the blade of a unicorn or the wing of a pegasus...it killed him a little inside. He felt for them, far more than he should - and, now, he feels for Farkas' mother. It is even worse because he was not there to avenge her, or defend her - she died because he was hiding out in the wilderness, protecting his newly-regressed dragon.

Shame burns in his scarred cheeks and his massive head momentarily hangs, before snapping up to meet his son's, expression turned back to cold stone despite the fire that blazes in his eyes. "I'm sorry to hear that. She was a fine woman." Despite himself, there is emotion in his voice; a clear lament for her death. "Tell me of the winged mongrels who took her." He needs details; should he ever venture out of Helovia again he knows without a doubt that he will hunt the scum down and destroy them. Winged abominations are bad enough; ones that kill equines only increase the bounty over their heads.

It takes a moment for the titan to calm himself, dragging in a deep breath before he speaks again. "Myself and Confutatis, we are to build an empire, Farkas, and you will be part of it. With my guidance, you will become great - our regime will see to that. But before I give you further information, I need you to swear to me on pain of death that you will divulge nothing to another living soul." His grey gaze is stern, unyielding, his eyes like chips of flint as he looks at the pale young stallion. "You are my son, Farkas, but a traitor is a traitor." The threat of his words hangs between them like a curse.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Unregistered

Farkas

It is a weird thing - emotions. Some can read you like an open book just by looking at you, while others hear what you dare not say in words laced by happiness. Farkas could neither. To him, a face was a face and words never revealed their secrets. Maybe he was stupid for not being able to understand the secret language of the body, but he had never been able to creak the code, no matter how hard he tried. And now, as he stood in front of his, he had only the words to go by. But is was enough, it had always been enough for him. You can not miss something you never had.

And now, his father wanted him to relive the worst day of his life. He could not, as the scars still was not healed. "I do not know who they were, Father, as I hid in a creek behind some rocks. She told me to do it." It hurt to talk about his mother's death, as she was the only one he felt that truly grasped the complexity of who he was. She had never scolded him for the way he looked at things, nor the way he behaved. No, she was proud whatever he did, if it was to arrange rocks in a perfect line or the details he saw in the sun. Who would be proud of him now?

His eyes darted to his father again, as the last question demanded an answer. No matter what he said, the consequences would be great. He nodded thought, fixing his gaze on a rock at the ground. "I swear on my life, I will not share any information you give me." He could keep that promise, as talking to strangers were something he did not relish. "I am yours to use as you see fit."

Hidden Account

A snarl slips free from his lips, but he says nothing; if there is no description to go on, then it cannot be helped. The winged parasites will live to infest another day. It was wrong, that they had taken a superior equine life but would never know vengeance for it - the beast paws at the hard stone ground, hoof rasping across the surface as a sigh escapes him. "May Nieque be with her," he says, voice soft. On his back, Cynder releases a low keen, a dragon's way of weeping; she liked all his herdmates, and outwardly lamented their death far more than her bonded did. They had been the dragoness' family, in the absence of any draconic kin - a puff of smoke rises from her nostrils as she rests her head between Tyradon's shoulderblades, her sorrow rampant in his mind.

He looks back to Farkas, who drops his gaze as he makes his promise - with anybody else, the leviathan would have taken that to mean he is lying, but he knows his son's problems with eye contact. "Good," he says. With that, his green war-dragon takes to the skies, gliding around all entrances to the cave to ensure they are not being spied on. "Confutatis and I share a common goal - to dominate. Although she does not share my desire to wipe out the vermin from the face of Helovia, we both thirst for control and thus have created our own regime. Herd by herd, we will continue our palisade until the whole of Helovia is beneath our reign. We have not yet worked out the details, but you will be a valuable cog in our machine." The passion and determination is evident in his voice as he speaks; he revels in a warlord's discussion of tactics and takeovers. He looks his son over, silver gaze darting from muscle to muscle. "How many fights have you partaken in?" he asks. He does not sire weak sons - any colt of his loins is taught to fight from a young age, yet he knows he was negligent during the final days of his previous reign - that will not happen again.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Unregistered

Farkas

Every soldier son should know that muscles alone does not win a war, nor even a single battle. You win by combining your body and mind, make them work seamlessly as one big machine with no weak spots. His body had no weaknesses, but his mind had flaws. In spite of that, he relied more on his brain to survive. Sometimes, you must trust your greatest enemy to live.

He listened carefully to what his father spoke of, as he could almost see the result of such a reign. It would be diffcult to maintain it, if it was built on anything else than fear. A slight nod moved his head to the words as his mind had already thought of what he could do to ease the bumps in the road. For there would be bumps, big ones, in the shape of horses.

"I have not fought nor injured another horse." he replied almost quitely without watching his father. "I thrive in the shadows, Father, out of sight." The fear he felt about dying in a battle, scarred and emptied of blood, never reached his emotionless face and voice, but his words still carried a plea. If he had to fight straight on, he would fail and bring shame upon his sire's name.

With a heavy sight, he straightened up and looked Tyradon in the eyes. "I pray you do not take my love for the shadows as a weakness, for you know as well as me that death lurks where no one is looking. Let me be the threat they do not see, teach me how to deal a swift death." The strenght in the young horse suddenly became apparent; he was born to be a shadow, as invisible as the air itself, melting into the srroundings as life went on.

Who would notice the white horse in the corner, so busy with his rocks and the line he lay them in? They may be interested for a second, but as he likes neither talk nor eyecontact, friendship will struggle before it is even born.

OOC: so much muse for Farkas now! XD

Hidden Account

His son is a battle virgin; that will need to be fixed. "We will need to change that," he muses. He does not ask if Farkas wants to learn how to fight - he simply assumes the youth will bow to his father's commands, even if he doesn't like to, like a true soldier must. He knows the Regime will grow to be hated - they are supremists, power-hungry demons of the night, and they will fight often. For the warlord, that is no problem, simply a fact of life. But for Farkas, it will undoubtedly take a bit of getting used to. The first time one sheds the blood of a foe is not easy, as Tyradon found out to his cost when he allowed that unicorn to live - mercy will have to be trained out of his son.

Or beaten out of him, if necessary.

His son meets his gaze, and the beast holds it; the youth's words are interesting, and he grunts his affirmation. "An assassin," he murmurs. A spy could certainly be useful, a member of their order who isn't outwardly confrontational, and simply works his magic from the shadows. "Yes, that could be useful - however, you will still learn to fight, as we will not always be so subtle as to enable you to attack from the shadows." He can almost hear the thunder of hooves, and Cynder purrs her delight at the notion.

Shaking his massive skull, he returns his attention to Farkas. "You will need to help us recruit, as well. Go to the Threshold, but be subtle in what you tell them; gain their attention, but send them to myself or Confutatis for further information." He cannot have their plans being blabbered willy-nilly. "Equines only, of course." As if it needed saying.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]

Unregistered

Farkas

In a battle, someone has to loose and there is nothing Farkas could do to change that. He feared he would disappoint his father greatly if he fought, as he had nothing against becoming the one who lost. All he wanted was to live a peacful life surrounded by his beloved stones and rocks. He still carried that hope close to his chest, as his eyes broke the brief connection he shared with his father.

"Just tell me when and where we start, and I will be there." he said quietly with a nod of his white head. He found himself staring at a small stone one the floor, which was a few inces out of place. With all of his will, he kept himself from moving it. Some of his Father's words, escaped his attention, but as soon as he dragged himself from the power of the earth.

The one thing that punched him back to reality was the request of him talking to strangers. Fear did not reach his eyes, but his whole body stiffened as his ears began to flicker. "Father, I can not talk to those I do not know. I have no control over my words when I get nervous and I may say more than I am allowed to. Do you not have anyting else for me to do?"

Hidden Account
OOC: Do you want to reply once more then I'll make my next reply in the Battleground as a continuation of this, for our spar? ^^

His keeps his silver gaze fixed on his son, searching for any sign of his resolve wavering, of weakness. His eyes follow Farkas' gaze as it lingers on a rock at their feet, and the beast pins his ears as he lunges his neck sharply forwards. He aims to lay a firm nip on Farkas' left shoulder, a stark warning to never let his gaze drop for even a second. "Never look away from your enemy, and never look down," he scolds, tones stern. He knows enemies will seize on even the slightest hint of weakness, of slipped attention; he has won many fights in his time through capitalising on precisely that.

His brow furrows in concern as Farkas declares he cannot talk to strangers; that is mildly worrying. "Very well," he rumbles with a small snort of displeasure. He supposes it isn't entirely awful if his son does not recruit - he is sure he will find other uses for the boy. "As for when we start - there is no time like the present. Are you ready?" There is little use in idle chit-chat when he could be teaching his offspring to fight, to win - his massive frame shifts in preparation for battle, and Cynder purrs her pleasure from her perch on his broad back.

[ we are made of greed ]
[ the regime ]