the Rift

[OPEN] Run on Our Way Out

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
plop into the snow. For just a moment, she completely disappeared, leaving the tracing of her sideways body in the snow. A happy laugh explodes into the air, careless and free just as Ouija was proving to be. The smile that has seemed to linger around since her birth spreads across maroon lips with ease, ears perked forward.

With this happening within about two seconds, she emerges from the cold with slit eyes, blinking rapidly as if glaring at you and saying "Really?" The laugh continues on for a moment as she climbs from the flakes and shakes her body, a cloud surrounding her as she did so. "Let's go." you suggest, crowned skull lifting back into the air and left foreleg starting you off on an adventure. Obediantly, Ouija pops up and trots alongside your body as you walk on. The adventure is surely to lead to only somewhere close, because you do not fully trust the ever-changing outside world as you once had. As a pair, you press on, commenting randomly on what different things are to your apparently speach-impared companion. "This is snow." "Those are trees." "That is a bird." small things every once in a while, just to make sure she may be learning.

The silence invades your skull, bothering you and allowing you to realize that we had not said a word all morning. Right ear twitches and you shake your head to the right, almost as if you can jar is around inside. We sit still in silence, barred behind our makeshift prison that you have once more set up since the arrival of that. Not that you can see what we point at with broken, twisted nails, but we are pointing at the view of the bouncing brat in the corner of your eye.. That mutt.

The grasses peek up, dead and cloaked in frozen precipitation and flakes of snow. "I think we're in the Meadow?" your voice ends in a higher pitch that normal, extending a question to your mute friend. Not that she would know any difference, she's just happy to be off of rock floors. The skitter of tiny feet causes Ouija to freeze mid-step, her right forepaw left hanging in the air, unblinking, not even a quiver of her strangly balanced body. You stop once both feet are back on the ground, skull shifting to the left to watch what would happen next. Almost as if someone put her in fast-forward, the pup springs to life and takes off after whatever the scuttling was, tracking it with ease with her massive ears. The pup is gone before you know it, and as leaves you standing alone until she gets her kill.

Tagged: Open
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

Inari. That's what he called him in the end, the same number of letters as his own known, catchy and easy enough to remember. Sacre often found himself calling him 'Ari for short. Not that the cub ever strayed far and whilst they moved around the caves, his legs were much too short and he got tired very quickly. The colt found himself moving less than normal, but he didn't mind, it was interesting enough to watch the cub with his first steps, as he learned to use his nose, his eyes and his ears. Learnt that yes that was a tail attached to his backside and forever would it be there, always following him out the corner of his gaze. The child reminded Sacre much of Natraj, Tandavi's faithful partner. Though Inari only had one tail and not three. At such a small stage, Sacre often found he could carry the boy most places, he fit neatly onto his rump and slept soundly most days whilst the colt wondered the caves some more. It was on one of these days that Sacre witnessed a horse leaving the caves and suddenly his heart thundered, was it safe to go out now?

Taking each step slowly, spurred on by his determination to give Inari a better environment than enclosure and partly his depression of the same rocky walls, allbeit with some pretty interesting places to visit. Sacre left. Ever one of the first to embrace wild adventure, blinking violently as the light stung his eyes and for a few minutes, the boy remained by the caves entrance, simply trying to get used to light again. It was an issue he didn't take into account upon deciding to leave.

Adjusted and ready to brave the wilds, Sacre set off with Inari sleeping away on his rump, his yearling leggy limbs negotiating snow, a cold sensation he hadn't felt for a long time. It reminded him of clean scents and the wild Steppe surrounded by mountains, a lone entrance known to few that led down into the Aurora Basin, a picture of caves and a sparkling lake. It had been home for his tender years, but after being kidnapped so much had happened, when he thought about it now Sacre didn't know where he belonged any more. Maybe that was what Roux was trying to explain that day on the mountain.

He walked away from the heart, feeling the heat from the hole slowly leave him as he delved deeper into wintry Helovia, hoping to be safe, but knowing at the same time it was probably rather stupid to leave sanctuary alone. No one had ever complimented Sacre for his foresight after all. The boy walked for some time, the odd mark or place a delightful sight as his mind triggered in familiarity. Soon he'd reached a place not too far from the caves, a place that in spring would be filled with purple thistles. Over a year ago, he had been born here, in the presence of mother, father and Roux. How different his life was now to how he saw it to be then, those first few young months of innocence and ignorance, a fond memories of playing with Roux. Still only a yearling and his life had changed a lot, no longer completely ignorant, a little more understanding of the worlds different personalities. "Look Inari, I was born here, it's normally much more colourful than this" he laughed, the fox waking up slightly to view the mass of white before him before falling back asleep. Too tired for adventures yet.

There are odd places where the meadow could be seen, dead in Frostfalls iron grip, but they would return again at the turn of the season. Sacre was more preoccupied in the sighting of another, a grulla stallion who looked older than him, but still youthful. Splashed in red like he was, their weapons almost identical that they could even be brothers and if that was convincing enough, he too had a fox like companion. Different in looks, but the same expressions and Sacre almost had to laugh, did he have an older brother that his parents hadn't told him about?! This just seemed like coincidence, but the thought amused him anyway.

He had nothing but pleasant questions to ask, but he knew they had to wait for something else was nagging him. "Hey! You haven't seen any of those undead folk have you? It feels strange, to be out in the open like this." He asked and admitted, as the strangers companion scuttled off after something, dinner most likely.

SACRE && INARI
Oh, oh, work your love
I want to live my way of living

Image credits

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo

Before you can answer the stranger's question, you stare in awe, ears had flipped forward to listen to his voice. Perhaps being broadside to this youngster isn't the best idea, so you swing your hind end away, hoping to stand straight on with him as long as he hasn't contiued to move forward on you. "I haven't. I haven't seen one at all, must have missed all of them." Your skull drops just a little lower, empty maroon eyes staring at the colt in silence. Questions buzzed through your skull, flying over our heads as we stay ducked down in our little jail cell.

Little Ouija bounded back toward you and the newly found unicorn, a fat mole hanging from either sides of her white mouth. Her bushy tail stuck straight out, black eyes excited and wide as she brought back her catch to show you. Snow stuck to her bright coat, dirt stained her small paws and -usually - bright snout. Your eyes fall from the unnamed stranger to your beloved bonded, who proudly stops at your gnarled hooves and shows off her catch before switching geers and heading for the similar looking unicorn, hoping to show him the catch before tearing into it and destroying her meal. Your heart nearly drops out of your chest cavity as she moves toward the colt. "Ouija!" you snap before she would reach him.

Tagged: @[Sacre]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Marco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M A R C O

There was something different about the day. Eyes glittered with intensity; for I have stumbled upon the outside world. My nakedness welcomed the wind bred for silence, but its touch was never far off from my coat. It was different with the wind, and the natural view of the world which had blinded me in the shelter of the tunnel system. Except it wasn't a gentle breeze when my body shuddered beneath its icy touch, and my hooves planted themselves into the thick layers of snow. Frostfall was never a favorite season of mine, but it meant something. It truly meant something for this former prisoner of a sanctuary. No beasts reigned at this point in my journey, and my fear gradually diminished. Yet I wondered if there were any at all, or did their voices croon to their herd; soundly asleep in a hibernation across Helovia.

There was a gripping occupation that clawed at my sides. I wondered: where? I had no predetermined destination besides a nature god's welcome back in a life I hoped was very much familiar. However, my spirits sank back into the core of disappointment. There were no familiar peaks with trips blanketed with snow nor faces dominant in my memories before I had stumbled into the threshold where my savior arrived in due time. My eyes caught view; my nose scented a whiff of equines nearby. Now, if I dared approach, what would I expect? Unfortunately, not my old family. The smells were foreign as much as their appearances - blurs to my sight - with a tinge of an unnatural hue for a conservative coloration upon equines. Oh, doh! It became blatantly obvious as my body mowed through the icy terrain, and the vision sharpened as distance closed in. Upon their heads were cone-shaped objects -- unicorns! That would explain the red tint in their dark coats, shaggy and naturally thick for Frostfall's inevitable winter.

Another oddity would be the foxes besides those unicorns. The white one approached another unicorn while the targeted one's companion lingered close-by. It view made a twinge of envy linger in my soul. The current event kept me occupied, and I found it quite amusing to see how other species had a mind of their own. After all - because I want to defend my position - I rarely met various other species in my presence before. Heard, mostly. Never seen.

I cocked my head as one of the unicorns seemingly went after their white fox. I could help but snort, and bark an odd laugh at the sight. Funny little thing, I thought.

You will like my sense of humor
You will be addicted to my smile
Laughing all the while

Image Credit