the Rift

[OPEN] My heart longs for freedom

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Horses were in a pent up of massive caves, intricate tunnels, twisting beneath the earth into very depths. It had been too long for the ivory stallion, for he hadn't tasted freedom in for what seemed ages. It was a cruel torture, being kept from the world, hidden shy from the bright sky. Too many sunrises have been missed in fear of being mutilated by demonic creatures that were once shadows of honorable horses. But now, the mere rays of dawn began piercing the sky, as Arrane's heart swelled with joy, yet grief of the new unbalance throughout Helovia. The sky was a canvas, blue, pink, purple, orange and yellow seemed delicately molded on by the gods' paintbrush.

A soft wind ruffled a scarlet tipped mane, billowing it upon expectant azure pools. His heart longed for freedom that was in custody for so long. Daily, he yearned to protect his herd, his friends and family, and to be able to safely return to the Foothills with those he cherished. Alone, watching the miracle of a new day approach, he began walking, reveling in the liberty of a stretching plain. The slow walk turned into a brisk run, as his caged up legs stretched, bringing a wild look upon his frame. It was a moment of truth, of ecstasy, where the world was once again safe. Or so it seemed. There was never a second where he didn't live in fear of seeing one of those creatures.

Panting, and out of breath, Arrane gradually halted, feeling the soft grass brush on his legs. He knew the Foothills weren't too far from the heavenly fields, but he wouldn't risk going there yet. Not without his leaders' commands. Standing still once more, his eyes still trailed on the beautiful scenery of the world waking up. So close, yet so far. Lifting up his head, a nicker erupted from a taut chest, beckoning anyone, at least any normal horse nearby. Maybe Abishia was wandering about somewhere! Or his leaders. Regardless of who it was, he wanted to share this moment of spaciousness with someone else.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

A sunrise rose above its crest, kissing my back and waving tendrils as gently as a lover. The wind whipped all around fleshy neck, tugging ebony lips willingly apart into a brilliant beam. Beside me a vibrant firebird soared gracefully along the current we rode, undaunted was she by the cold or unpredictable sky. A proud phoenix cry erupted from her breast, beautiful, powerful as it rocketed toward heaven and beyond. Even I could agree that despite thinner air and crisp temperatures, it felt wonderful to be out of that blasted cave. At long last my winter coat had begun to come in, Frostfall didn’t bite nearly so hard as we raced each other to the base of a familiar mountain.

Tipping forward we climbed the peaks, my feet are tucked tightly to chest and still nearly brush solid rock as I skimmed the face of this mighty scape. We broke overtop and scattered moist grey fog in the wake of it, a blanket of winter annuals welcomes our gaze, their colors a shinning brilliant emerald that seemed untouched by lingering black. I pitched toward earth readily, caressing soil with gentle taps that resisted the urge to dig deep and mate with soft turf. Appendages fluttered apart at half-mast before sliding up to fold skillfully along my barrel.

Honeyed gaze rose and my breath came forth as a misty cloud. Someone else stood among the swaying flora, his soft nicker reach's my ears. Not urgent, not yearning, simply an invitation. I answered, my rippling earth born vocal vibrating free past the silk folds of throat. It rose and beckoned, “I’m here.” Fina screeched and climbed higher, soaring above the fog that swirled below.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
I need an interventionist,
To intervene between me and this monster,
And save me from myself and all this conflict,
'Cause the very thing that I love's killing me and I can't conquer it.
Escaping from the cave, finally she felt free. Wondering through the snow, the Empress only felt a few bites of the cold. Draped in her wild furs, her back and stomach remained warm. The snow swirled around her, her eyes were as cold as the kisses the snow flakes left on her warm coat. Bright blue sapphires that flashed with a hideous rage. Abandoning the lies had not been easy, witnessing the truth was even harder. Still it grew before her, a black hole sucking up everything that she held dear. For it wasn't the actual bringers of truth that frustrated her so, it was the way she found out. Pausing by a mound of snow, The Empress was quick to notice the other hoof prints that lead away from her. Pressing her chops together, the vermillion queen decided that it would do well to follow these prints and see what creature she would meet on the other side. Would it be a snake, lion, mouse or wolf? Subtly and slowly the mad woman began to hunt her prey. For it was all just a game really, even the truth and lies that had clouded her vision for so long. Finally a figure loomed in the distance, the mare took a moment to study him. He let a nicker out which caused the Empress to tilt her head. Once a responding nicked sounded though, her gaze snapped up to the sky.

"Midas." A soft whisper followed by a leering grin. They had no true relationship, they were not friends or truly even acquaintances. Still, the winged stallion might be glad to see her, together they had defended his home. Perhaps he would be willing to assist her in her quest for a companion. Putting on a winning smile, she approached the other stallion who remained grounded like her. Her blue orbs passed over the grounded stallion with indifference. This one was nothing to her, not apart of her family, not in the slightest bit mad or to be honest interesting. Her eyes turn back to Midas, she waits for him to land and present himself...if he was planning too. Of course she could not force him and no doubt her appearance had not been anticipated. Her eyes spot a fiery glow in the sky, Fina perhaps? Her lips press together in slight excitement. She needed a few of those pretty feathers...maybe the fates would favour her today. Maybe the Pheonix would drop a few and Eris could collect them. Her eyes lose the fiery glow, Fina climbed higher. Still her eyes remain trained on the sky, waiting for the appearance of the feathered companion again.

A debt could start to be repaid and two friends could talk.

459 words.
Angel, Eris needs to collect a companion's feathers for her quest. I was wondering if perhaps Fina could 'drop' a few for Eris to collect? If not that's totally fine! ^^
ERIS
The Blood Empress