the Rift

[PRIVATE] Steel is sheathed now

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou

The craftsman began treading forward through the glowing room. With his belly full of soft moss and bitter toad stool he still found his satisfaction out of reach. His throat felt parched, dry and thirsty from his feeding. He knew that there was a small spring within the grazing chamber, but he decided he wanted to have a reason to explore a little more. Hearing the words of others about the several chambers he had never seen. The stallion guided himself through the passages until crossing to the sanctuary towards the entrance to the Wall of History. His ears pressed forward as he crept towards the rigid doorway. He had heard so much about this place and excitement swelled within his chest, quickening the pace started within his legs, and a eagerness tipping his head forward.

As he began advancing to the framework of the passage, a sudden roaring in the distance drowned his ears. Suddenly curiousness pricked at his mind, a gleam falling over his icy orbs as he turned and pressed his ears towards the haunting drop of water. That was where he would satisfy his thirst, perhaps later he would visit these strange painted walls that revealed the Helovian past. Leading through a stone passage he found himself upon a shore where a river gently flowed by. Farenjer squinted as he looked upon the peculiar light that filled the corner, and where the loud thundering sound of a waterfall poured into the cave grounds. Icy orbs raking along a gushing fall. "Its been a long time since I've seen any waterfalls." A udder whisper left his lips as he looked upon it in awe. It was mind-blowing to think of how nature could work its ways along the realms. But never before had he seen nature put something together like this. The unicorn crept closer to the shore of the sluggish flowing springs. His head drooping to his ankles and he began to lap at the water. Satisfying cool liquids filled his throat as he took his drink. Moments more he lifted his head calmly and excited eyes rested upon the fall as it continued to run down the cave's side. Small drops of refreshing water dripped from his lips upon the stone floor and his posture changed for him to lean on his side. In silence, the stallion observed the beauty of nature at one of its loveliest.

Art- Kaydeniro || Coding- Time

@[Kahlua]
[Image: farenjer_by_foxyfirewings-d6t57ac.png]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
The newly crowned queen was brilliant as she wandered the caves, her eager trot eating ground as she searched all around for those who had called the Edge their home before. It was time- time to go home. But she couldn't go home without them, couldn't dance all day in the sun without first gathering her friends to dance with. So she did her job like any good leader would- she did not and would not rest until she found every single horse she had ever called friend or family and told them that home was open, home was awaiting them with open arms. The darkness was gone.

It was not too long, then, before the girl wandered into the room with the waterfall, which she had hereto avoided. It was not any particular reason that had kept her away- it was rather a nice room, she noted, as she wandered through the entrance. After all, the sun was shining in and the water was splashing down, giving a pleasant coolness and a nice atmosphere. But, in that instant that it took her to notice how nice the room was, that it took her to grow a smile and take a deep breath, the girl found her happiness fading and her heart growing cold. The girl found her knees starting to shake and that old injury, that foot long scar that ran down her left hip, start to burn like the injury was fresh.

Him. The unicorn. Her eyes grew wide, her head lifted up, and all she could do was squeak out a tiny noise of concern, one that would never be able to be heard over the roar of the waterful. And despite the fact that she wanted to run, despite the fact that she wanted to turn and never look back, she found that she could not move at all. And despite the fact that she was supposed to be atoning for the mistakes she had made, despite the fact that she was supposed to be on a quest to right all the hatred in this world and to bring peace to all, she was having a hard time fighting past the terror that permeated her soul. After all- how many times had this unicorn visited her in her nightmares?

And yet, the girl had faith, and somewhere through her terror, faith broke through, and she convinced herself that this was a test. This was the gods testing her, making sure she was fit to be queen, fit to lead her people back to the Edge. Could she really be so brave? She could try. “Pl- please, sir. Hello,” she started, and yet she still shivered on her hooves, yet her scar still burned with memories of the terror she had felt that day. Could she really get past what had happened?

Kahlua
THE SUNSHOWER

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Hidden Account
Loulou
Farenjer
As the artisan's eyes wandered around the lit and warm room with a glistening glance he had to think but wonder if this would perhaps be his permanent home. Not like he wanted it to be, but in his dreams at night he began to fret about the darkness that swelled and blanketed the lands, and if it was true that they were crawling back into the darkest depths where they belonged. As he continued having a fixed gaze upon the gushing fall of water, a fae's voice rung out through the chamber's walls. It was lovely girlish tone, yet a fear was hidden behind it as the mare came up to him and spoke. “Pl- please, sir. Hello,”

Calmly he turned his head to meet eye contact with the one who had approached him. A welcoming gaze brightening icy eyes and pulling a small smile upon his dark lips. Swiftly he looks at her, but before anything, he tips his head in greeting and then observes the mare. Icy orbs rake over an equine, a beautifully painted girl. With bright blue eyes, and a pinkish muzzle. She was rather a friendly looking equine and he was puzzled on why she looked on edge around him. Tipping his head to the side in confusion, memories slowly slipped and folded within his conscious as he began to remember. Where had he seen this mare before? Then suddenly.... it all flipped upon one strong memory. It was a dark night, the dim light of the moon glowing onto horses backs. The unicorn was hungry to put satisfaction into his leader's cold eyes, he wanted to try so hard to prove his strength and loyalty to the basin. That he was not an extra mouth to feed and that he wasn't useless. The lightning stallion galloped through the forest before halting within the brambles. The roar of battles and spars along the world edge's territory mixed into the night air. The unsettling pair of icy eyes hidden within the shade of dark timber, staring straight at an innocent painted mare. He then had burst out of the bushes within the clearing, lashing upon the girl and forcing her into battle.

Then suddenly he was back in reality as he stood with a surprised gaze upon the girl. A shudder ran along his spine and he moved his head to spot a scar edged along her flank. The same place where his blue tipped horn had dug in. He looked away quickly and his eyes filled with a shock and horror. Icy blue orbs held a gaze with the stone floor and the roar of a waterfall blurred away from the background sounds. The stallion could hear his heart beat, his breathing, and the sounds that she made. Ebony locks of hair fell over his eyes and he muttered loud enough for the girl to hear "Its You...." Another shudder ran along his back as he spoke the ominous words. Wasn't Deimos's punishment good enough and the nasty looks he had gotten after the invasions were all over? Now he had to rewind all the strong emotional embarrassment he had gone through again, as he was one of the only who had fled instead of sparring his battle fully. "What was I thinking......" Farenjer lifted his head but did not remove the ebony locks from where they settled upon his eyes. He didn't want the mare to see his embarrassment. "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry I did that to you." His head tipped towards the old wound upon her left flank. Finally, the unicorn turned his head a little to the sides, locks of hair removed from his eyes and he held a sad gaze upon her. As it told that he carried as much as a terrible burden after that night as she had. He didn't deserve to be here within the Sanctuary. I should go join the monsters, go and crawl in the darkest depths where I belong.

Image Credit

It was odd, her fear of him, because even as she greeted him, as he turned to look at her shaking on her hooves, there was a kindness in his eyes and a smile pulled at the corners of his lips, giving him a pleasant look- a far cry from the terrible images she remembered of him. And Kahlua was rarely good at deciphering feelings, at knowing what a tip of the ear meant or what the slightly raised brow was trying to tell her but happy... the girl knew happy. And what she saw when she looked at him was happy- at least for a moment. His face quickly dissolved into a confusing look at the painted girl had no ability or right to try and decipher.

That night... how many times had she replayed that night in her head? Willingly or unwillingly, it came, a constant nightmare, always waking her with a scream or preventing her from sleeping. And how many shadows that she had walked by had moved just the right way, twitched in such a manner, that she was sure he was going to be there behind it? It may have taken him a moment to recognize her, to remember on what grounds they had met, but Kahlua needed no reminder of the electric bay. He followed her wherever she went, always just one odd looking bush away from being back in the forefront of her thoughts.

Perhaps the most confusing thing of all was why he had left. Sure, she had tried faithfully to convince him that she was simply there to watch the tournament- what she had later learned to be the Basin's invasion- but would a true warrior really stop if he was battling an idiot of an opponent? It was not a question she had stopped to ask herself- it was not a question she really had the capacity to think of. All she had known was that she had been frightened, terribly frightened, retaliating out of fear and instinct, when he had suddenly disappeared, leaving her free to run with all the speed she could manage back into the very heart of the Edge where her fragile body and soul would be safe.

“It's you,” he offered and she pulled her lips together tightly, but still managed to sneak in her name, “Kahlua.” And there was something in his voice, some hint of sorrow, that dug at her soul and made her think, made her remember... she was not the only one with troubles and memories, not the only one who awoke to nightmares and dreaded the night. Perhaps that night had not been all fun and games for him either. Her thoughts were confirmed, at least in some respects, with his apology.

“Why did you invade?” she asked him bluntly. She was usually a brilliantly charming individual, bringing the sun with her in her smile even into the deepest depths of blackness, but in this moment she lacked all of that magic. And yet, even through her fear and somewhat subsiding shaking, she still felt compelled to be cordial, to try and right what wrongs had been committed. “I forgive you.” And though the words were not dancing with excitement, there was a truth to her voice that could not be denied. Kahlua was not liar, she never would be, and she wore her emotions as plainly on her face as an open book bore its words. Still, she waited for his answer.

Kahlua
THE SUNSHOWER

Hidden Account
Loulou
Farenjer
He wanted to shield himself, crouch away in the darkest corner of the stone walls and hide. So he didn't have to see the nervous glance he had seen from her eyes before. To not see what she thought of him then. As icy orbs watched her intently with a confused sadness confined within, she spoke. “Why did you invade?” Farenjer did not expect such a question, but as he looked around the lit cavern he knew inside, that she deserved to know the reason for his attack from before. The mare had a right to know. "You must understand that the invasion was not to take over the edge.... It was to rescue the Basin's young ones that the World Edge had kept hostage." He gritted his teeth at the mention of the edge and what they had done. It always made him a little angered inside to know that the herd had taken their foals. He looked at her once more, the anger from his eyes brushed away. "Back then, I wanted to prove my loyalty to my herd. To show them what I could do, that I could be helpful..." The locks of ebony hair fell over his eyes yet again, a frown pulling over his face. "But as you have seen, I am not much of a fighter... In fact I do not serve the Basin as a soldier but as a crafter... I just wanted to help in more then supplying." Honest words flowed from his mouth as he spoke to her. He knew now that everyone would just be happy if he just kept doing what he did best, instead of joining fights that they knew he couldn't finish. "Again, I am sorry for giving you that... scar. It truly wasn't worth it." He muttered in grim sadness. He offered a fake grin and spoke sadly "You must hate me deep down inside, even if you say you have forgiven me."

He looked away to the waterfall that gushed from the side of the cavern. He felt bitter, he wanted to leave, he didn't want to look at what he had done anymore. But the unicorn knew he couldn't just drift away from the mare in embarrassment. It would be even stupider. He turned his head slowly back towards the girl and spoke. "What is your name, if I may ask?" Hope flooded him as he looked back upon her. Perhaps he could replace where he left that scar upon her flank with a bond. A bond of friendship if he tried, though the quiet soul knew he was rather shy when it came to making friends. Especially someone he has had an emotional event with once. But he had to try and make it up to her. He knew he couldn't leave the mare without weaving something in place for where he left his mistake on her life. Farenjer wouldn't be surprised if she shook away his offer, and left without a word or a mutter of disgust. But there was that chance that he could make up for his error. He looked at her, his ears pressing forward to show his attention. Waiting for her unspoken words.
Image Credit

Had she really been expecting an answer from him? Or had she been expecting a face turned away, a sigh, no words to give her some answers. But she was lucky, or the stallion was kindly, for an answer came. However, she quickly realized that it was not the answer she was expecting. It was must more realization that she was not the only one with feelings and that the Edge had not been so innocent. And the foals... She'd been so far removed from it all, she hadn't even known until after the fact. Her lips frowned at the thought of it and what had been fear of the electric unicorn became sadness, understanding. Hadn't she just wanted to prove her loyalty as well? Perhaps not through fighting and yet...

It was his mention of crafting that finally melted the painted girl's fear away, her frown turning to a smile, her eyes lighting up at the mention. It was all she could do to keep her mouth shut, to let the stallion finish speaking. After all, she was a child. Her emotions were fickle and as fleeting as the wind. “Kahlua, my friend. I don't hate you. What can I call you?” were the first words she offered, trying genuinely to mean what she was saying. But her thoughts were flying through her head a mile a minute and she took a deep breath, trying very hard to sort them out and probably failing more than succeeding.

“I'm so sorry about the foals,” she decided on finally, blue eyes reaching for his own, an idea suddenly flashing into her head, words coming out a little more slowly, but she was sure of what she was saying. “Lady Moon summoned me recently and named me queen of the Edge. I give you my word, it won't happen again. Your foals are yours to keep.” It was a promise that she had not consulted Kaj on, but she was sure he would agree with.

But in a flash her mind was back to more interesting topics- Farenjer's crafting. “I was Glazier of the Edge before all this darkness, you know?” And her laugh was brilliant, lighting up the cavern, fears all but forgotten with a few simple words between the two. If there was anybody to take up the cause Kahlua had taken up- bringing peace to all of Helovia- she was the best one. She just couldn't stay mad at anybody. “I made a glass scorpion for the Basin and delivered it to your leaders- did you see it?” As if on cue, Ulrik's gift to her in return- the small metal scorpion- crawled up to settle between her ears in her forelock, clicking and whirring comfortably as it sat there.

Kahlua
THE SUNSHOWER