the Rift

Touch the Sky

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily

Merida
Chase the Wind and Touch the Sky

My hooves pound into the frozen earth. FrostFall was not my favorite time of year... Not that I have seen much else. Either way, I do not like the cold. The white stuff that the Old Mare called snow covered much of the ground, but as I entered the forest it thinned out. Was this the beginning of Helovia? Was this where my mother was raised? My pace slowed, my emerald green eyes dancing about taking in everything around me.

That is when I first saw it. A golden orb hovering near a tree. Curiously I moved forward, the silver chain the Old Mare had made for me with my mother's earth amulet around my neck. It was the only piece of her I still had, the one piece that tied me to Helovia. But enough about my mother's amulet. This orb thing, well it just hung there for a minute until I stepped closer. I snorted suddenly as the orb moved towards me, nestling right next to my neck. Well, since it seemed to like me I guess I might as well look after it.

Now that everything was settled, I guess I better get to finding my family. Momma did not tell me much about them, mostly my Uncle Aaron. I don't even know what he looks like. I do rememeber her saying something about the herd they lived in.... The Edge I think.. I hope that's it at least... Because that was going to be my best chance to find anyone I might be related to.

"blah blah blah."

@[Cheveyo]
@[Tyradon]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Cheveyo
I know that you feel me somehow -
you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

Clouds of condensation billowed from the painted mare's flared nares as ivory dipped limbs carried her across the lands of Helovia. Things seemed to finally be falling into place, if only she could figure out what these feelings that her and the dusty bay with amazingly green eyes shared. If they shared anything at all that is, there was always that lingering doubt that she had just been someone that he couldn't help but grow close too in the cramped quarters of the Caverns. But now...
Now they were free to roam about the lands in nearly entire safety again. From what Cheveyo had heard, it was wise to keep on the alert for any of the wraiths that could possibly still be roaming the lands. Luckily, as of yet the painted warrior hadn't seen rotting hide nor filthy hair of the infected creatures. Snorting softly the mare allowed her mind to drift off slightly as her limbs carried her to wherever it was that her subconscious mind seemed to desire her presence at.
The mare had her moments when she could be fairly care-free, such as right now, but then there were the much more common moments in which everything was serious and games were a thing of the past. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy playing games or relaxing, but the current events left every hair on the mare's frame standing on end and it was a good feeling to just let everything go. Even if it was just for a few minutes. Harks swiveled about mindlessly as her grey matter drifted once more to the bay stallion with flaming wings. It was scary how much he crossed her mind, how much she cared about his well-being, all of which were feelings that she couldn't say she had felt towards anyone before in her six years.
It was so strange.
Shaking her skull lightly the multi-painted lady brought her mind back to the wintery world around her only to find that she had walked a bit further than she had been expecting to walk today. Just meant a longer walk home as Chev was certain that she wouldn't allow her mind to wander off once again. Orchid pools danced around, taking in the scenery that she hadn't seen since she had arrived at Helovia a little less than a year ago...everything looked so different covered in the soft, glittering snow as she carefully wound her way around trees and the bodies of ferns that in a few weeks would be bright and green once again. It was about this time that a movement caught the corner of the mare's eyes.
Harks slammed forward as she altered her path just enough to head towards whatever it was that had moved, if it was a wraith she was ready to tear it's head off and hopefully not get infected herself. Sucking in a deep breath the painted warrior braced herself for the worst as she broke through the snow laden trees into the clearing, only to come face to face with a filly who seemed to be alone.
"Does your mother know you are out here alone?" The painted mare had no idea who the child was, nor who she belonged too. All she knew was that it wasn't a safe place for children to be on their own, especially not during the winter.

"Talk talk talk."
Tag;; @[Merida]
Words;; Five Hundred and Sixty Five
OOC;; Sorry this took me so long dear. It's been a crazy past few days.
Table by Rayo
Image Credits

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily

Merida
Chase the Wind and Touch the Sky

The wintery world around me was annoying to say the least. I craved BirdSong to arrive. I was told that BirdSong was cool, but not to cold. Warm, but not to warm... But then again maybe that all depends on where you live. My ears twist around, the golden orb thingy floating next to my short mane. How am I going to protect and keep this thing safe until whatever it is comes out? I'm only just a filly.

That was when I heard her approach. My green eyes turned to watch as the mare of many colors came into sight. She was golden and ivory, much like my mother only darker... My mother had been more of a cream color I guess. Her Earth Amulet lay against my chest with the silver chain shining ever so slightly. "Does your mother know you are out here alone?" I sighed. Do I really have to explain to everyone I meet? Guess so. "She's dead." I wasn't about to explain farther. In truth, I really don't know much more. I know her name, but not the name of my sire. "I am the daughter of Sakura... I was told she lived here... Before the darkness or something.." There, now she knew everything I did. Maybe it would help me find my family, then again maybe not. Either way, I hopedto make a new friend... Other than the orb thing that is. Might as well tell her my name too. "My name is Merida, what's your's?" Hopefully, that is polite enough...

"blah blah blah."

@[Cheveyo]