the Rift

[DROP] Followers of Flame

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Fury rolled from the Sun God's body in tendrils of glorious flame. With his body, mind and powers of light, he worked on cleansing Helovia of the wretched darkness, restoring once more the beauty of the world. Few appreciated the warring god for his artistry. How often they forgot that it was he who raises the sun and brings beauty to the sunset. How often did they forget that those moments of silence in the morning of the rising sun, the crispness of the air, was his? Few saw the romance in the Sun God because he let few in. He was old, and these mortals were so young. They would day and he would be left here. The Time God could fall and love and relive the same life over if he wanted, traveling through worlds and realms.

His sister preferred the darkness of malice rather than the beauty of love. The Moon God was a creature of lies and deceit, pretending to favor and removing that favor the second she was displeased. The Sun God doubted her heart was capable of thinking of anyone except herself. The God of the Earth was another matter entirely. He loved, but his love was like that of a father and the mortals were his children. As a provider, he created the land on which they walked and the tender grasses they ate. He made the streams in which they bathed. Every day they mortals lived gave his heart satisfaction.

But he was different.

Too many had chosen his brother and sister over himself. Too few followed the glorious and beautiful path of light and flame. Too many saw him for what he was not, and rumors flew about his pride and anger. Well... Were any mortals so glorious? Was his pride not earned? His his anger not righteous? Their minds, too young to understand, saw his birthright as arrogance. So, they needed to be educated, and he needed to be more inviting. Carefully, though - he could not get too close. He was a moth to the flame of mortals, but the moth was already on fire and the mortals would burn.

The God of the Sun stood upon the precipice of the ruins of his shrine, waiting.

- this is a quest drop

CREDITS

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
The sun was back, the darkness was gone and she had left the caves in a brilliant flurry of motion. She had been summed by Lady Moon, danced with her friends, celebrated with Mauja, and was all be rejuvenated from the whole terrible ordeal. Even her nightmares seemed to have ceased- for now. Surely they would return, and when they did return they would return with a vengeance. And every evening she would be scared to fall asleep and every night she would awake with a start and every morning the sun would rise upon her still tired mind. But for now she had no troubles, she slept well and she rejoiced. Life was perfect.

And yet, the girl did had not yet made it home. Why not? She had been so close, dancing through the Thistle Meadow on her way there, all she had to do was keep going. But she couldn't and she didn't know why. Her bones shook, her heart pounded with eagerness to get home. And yet... she could not go there. Why? Perhaps it was the memory of the attack, the thought that the monster Ranjiri might still be there, waiting to turn her back into a wraith, to send her back to the darkness, to make her a scorpion monster instead of a shower of sunlight. Whatever the reason, the girl needed more time.

In the end, the only place she could think of that might really give her peace was the shrines of the gods. Lady Moon had seen fit to stand before her not so very long ago, perhaps Kahlua could repay her. And so, imagine her surprise when she came to the shrines to find not the Queen of the Night, but the King of the Day. Her eyes widened, her head lifting at first to take him in and then suddenly dropping as she bowed before him, the same as she had bowed before the patron of her Edge.

“My lord,” she murmured just loud enough for him to hear. Now she had only to lay eyes on the Spark Lord and she would have seen them all. Perhaps she was not so forgotten as she sometimes thought she was. And as she rose she took a deep breath, thinking that perhaps it had been fate that had driven her here. After all, was the Sun Lord not exactly who she needed? “How can I please you?”

Wishlist :: [Magic: Light | Can prevent others from having or feeling racist thoughts]
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Carnesîr Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
wanda
Carnesîr;

Carnesîr has lingered by the Veins of the Gods filled with prayers. In his silvered skull are hopes which bounce from wall-to-wall, pleads for deities that did not come. His askances, repeated thousands of times in reverent silence, began to fade and flicker from his soul as his questions and queries remained unanswered. Where were those he counted as friends? Where are the gods? Why does the darkness not flee? As shadowed dusk fades to night, and night to obsidian sun, he does not leave. He is stubbornly faithful, clinging to shreds of wishes that there might be some answer to that which he knows not; more days, more nights past, and his eyelids droop and orbs itch with exhaustion he does not allow to steal him. Yet to stay awake for days is impossible... and he crawls from ruined shrines to prop himself up against craggy wall of rock, cloaked in darkness cast, and falls into utter oblivion.

Not for long.
It stirs, slow, a snake waking from winter hibernation; a sense of otherworldly power, intuition of something greater than him, here, now. Shutters remain sealed tightly shut- what if it is a monster, what if it is a beast- but faint curiosity strengthens and overpowers (or empowers?) just as with his son he thought as wraith. But nonetheless, he lets come sight; and there, in a haze of glory, stands the Sun.

It could not be possible to describe the feelings of which bloom into being. Elation and fear and excitement, terror and curiosity and awe; he feels at a loss by this being blazing with magnificence and power, even smaller, even more insignificant than usual. Light bathes him, golden brilliance kissing cheek and muzzle and nostril- it wards away what ills and worries plague him, and joyful grin begins to tease at his lips. Thoughts of conceited origins do not spring to mind (he has come for me certainly does not ring true) he is rather unable to comprehend or understand why he has stumbled across this god, this kingly deity, who radiates glistening aureate (like Onni!) and at last he understands why she admired the Sun God so. He stumbles away from the wall, weariness dragging at hoof and hip, cranium bowed in humble submission, lips knotted, tongue tangled with the weight of questions he does not wish to declare, to depart, now that he at last sees the Sun before him.

Yet as the boy, whose very own name takes after the sun, approaches he cannot help but feel afraid. Who is he to simply walk up to a being of divine birth, a celestial hybrid who gleams gold and flame and cream (everything at once)? This is an alicorn who raises and lowers the sun, controls the universe- not Deimos, lord of death, or Lena, singer of sweet songs, both of whom are powerful in their own being. Or Shadow, who smells of horse and sweat (his heart aches at thought of her) or Onni, who might glow but has no power comparable to this king.

And there is fury, waves of it, and he shrinks in his silver skin.
There is a girl, black and white who comes. He doesn't want to approach this god anymore- he is terrified of that exquisite power.

But he must ask of Onni (surely he would know of his own follower?) and he approaches, a timid mouse with wide eyes and twirling tail. "P-please," he stammers. "There is a mare, Onni, s-she had a great respect for you and your... your..." He falls silent (does the God know of all the admiration and apprehension squirming in his stomach?) "Do you know if she is okay? Please, I... I don't know where she is."

OOC: Carnesir seeks nothing from this drop except to converse with the Sun God.

base table code by tamme
art by aeolle

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Cera
I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the war's won, and I don't care if heaven won't take me back

Since meeting Sno, Cera has not moved from the Veins. It is the only isolated part of Helovia he is comfortable with anymore. He knows Grandfather Earth has chosen Midas as the new lead for the Foothills, and there is a bitterness in his throat at that knowledge. How dare his father leave the Throat that had sheltered them since Cera was first born there? How could he possibly leave behind the Magnolia, the clay, the oasis? The hundreds of loving family members that followed him, ready to fall upon spike or horn for him in an instant? In ways, it disgusted him, that his father could so readily abandon the one home he'd refused to leave. Had it not been him who had refused to leave to the Foothills to be with Ktulu and Hototo and Ranjiri? Had Cera not been okay with that? His stomach is churning, and he feels vaguely sick at all hours he mulls over the topic. Ilaria can do little to soothe him, patting her little paws against the strained muscles of his body in hopes of calming him. Cera can't help but feel betrayed, abandoned, and he doesn't know who to follow anymore.

The Lord of Light had given him life. He had given him a home, protected him, and Cera had been demanding a place in his ranks as a soldier since before his first birthday if it meant the land he so revered remained his to keep. When poison had been withering him away from the inside, it had been the God of the Sun who had given his light and flame to Onni, who had saved him from the demise he surely would have faced. It was he who imparted the wisdom in Onni, and therefore in him, that letting go of anger was the only way to remain pure inside. Cera's love and loyalty for the fierce celestial was beyond measure, beyond words. And so when that light appeared, and the pull in his chest began anew- so familiar to when he had met with the Earth God last gathering- he knew with certainty that the God of Sun had come to see his followers.

Without a second of hesitation he jumped to his hooves and began to run. There were days, far in the future, to wonder why the presence of the Gods was a magnet to all mortals. Why, and how, did they all gather upon the spot they touched, with no knowledge of when or where they would be? No, all that mattered was seeing his Lord. The scar on his chest was warm, perhaps only a mental thing, but it only reminded him of how much he owed the immortal leader.

Slowing, he waited for those who arrived before him to speak, quietly moving forth to rock down to his knees. Shins were pressed to the earth, far more than a simple respectful bow. Wings dropped, crown pressed to the warm rocks below, and Ilaria tilted her head in similar respect. "My King," he breathed, tone a thick mix of relief, reverence, and concealed rage. Anger was so thick inside, knowing that his golden boy father had abandoned the one God who had given him everything. How would Onni feel? And that thought brought him back to the dark male's words, a feeling of worry in his own stomach as he carefully moved one leg to prop himself back up, uncaring of the ache in his bones from kneeling upon the stone. It was worth it. "My father may have abandoned you and your shores," he murmured fiercely, eyes alive with color that belonged to the immortal hybrid's brother, "but I do not intend to." It is meant only for his ears, and though it almost hurts to look at him he raises his eyes to meet those of the God, wings pulling back to bare the wicked scar upon his chest proudly. No longer was he afraid. Not here, not in the eyes of the one who had saved him. It was a badge of honor, a tie of loyalty he could not shake, for it had been the Lord of Light who had given him back life when he had been too young to grasp the importance of it.

---

Not sure which of the two I want him to quest for if he wins, but I'll decide if he does!

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Why I yet again left the safety of the caves I was not sure. But at least the sun was back. It was not darkness like when I had arrived here. Somehow, something about this place everyone calls Helovia had changed me.... Changed me in good ways... I think. My coat for example, it was beautiful. It always seemed to shine, no matter in the sun or moon light touched it. But at the same time, my short mane and tail never tangled either. In fact, it was almost like I couldn't ever get dirty at all! Momma had been like that too....

With a sigh I thought about my Momma. Would she be proud of me? I made it here, and found family.... Even if it was not blood family.... But I was surviving. I had in my time alone found out why I had felt so warm before. I had been gifted.... Or maybe I had it all along... With the power to make balls of fire. I however could not hold them for very long. With that the most I could make was three small ones or one big one. I longed to be able to do more. Just like my Momma, I wanted to be able to protect myself... After all, Elsa wasn't always with me.

I had spotted the painted lady not long after exiting the caves. Out of curiousty I followed her to see where she would go. I however was in awe of where we ended up. Momma had told me about this place, the ruined shrines to all the Gods of Helovia. She had also told me how the rude... What was that word she called the Moon Goddess? I know it means more than one thing.... Ah all. Either way, she was loyal to the Sun God mainly. He had been the one to make her coat so pretty.

Then suddenly, there he was. At least, that has to be him. He's on a shine that looks to belong to the Sun God, and has dazzling flames... I could do nothing but stare and move closer as the painted lady and a stick headed stallion spoke to the Sun God. Another pegasus like me arrived and spoke too. Thier word confirmed what I had already figured out. They all seemed to be respectful to the Sun God. I could only hope to sound the same. Softly I spoke up, my voice seeming so tiny in his presence. "Hello Sun God Sir. Are you the one who gave my mother her magic? Cause if you are I should thank you, cause she protected me with it from wolves... She's up in heaven now, I think..." However I forgot to mention her name.... But hopefully he would know who I wa speaking of. After all, I only knew her as Momma...

"Talk"

Wishlist :: Fire x Light (U) | Able to encase smaller objects longer, or larger objects (like an entire body) for 30 seconds

OOC - edited to include Cera

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
A gust of freezing air hits her in the face, and Nasreen’s heart quickens. Could it be…? Hooves strike stone as she canters recklessly through the dim, narrow passageway that snakes off of the main cavern. In reality, she’s only been here for a few weeks, but to her, it feels as if she’s been trapped belowground for an eternity. Wings stretch in anticipation, and copper feathers rustle—they are eager to be of service once more.

The mare rounds a corner, and a short burst of ecstasy leaves her throat. She sees light. Orange beams filter through a split in the rock. The crevice is barely wide enough to let her through, but the lass is slender from her time in the cave. She has had little to eat here in the darkness, and her ribs are beginning to show. Adrenaline fueling her, she squeezes out into the world, not caring about how the rocky walls scrape against her sides, leaving long red scratches on her white flanks. She is free.

The first rays of daylight greet her, and her breath catches in her throat as she witnesses the first sunrise she’s seen in weeks—from the top of a mountain cliff, no less! Tears of gratitude and relief fill her eyes, and alone, Nasreen lets them fall. As the sun climbs progressively higher in the sky, her tears subside. Shivering slightly, she looks around, realizing that winter has come to Helovia during her time underground. Fresh snow dots her surroundings, and she can see her breath in the chilly morning air. A broad smile stretches across her face: it’s time to warm up. Dramatically, she spreads her wings…and throws herself off of the cliff.

No sooner has she done this than panic strikes. She hasn’t flown in so long that at first, she fears that she has forgotten how—why aren’t her wings working?! The air rushes past, pulling her useless feathery appendages up above her ears, and she screams. The trees at the base of the rock face are growing closer and she closes her eyes at the sickening sight. Is this how it will end, after finally escaping? Irony is a funny thing.

At the last second, instinct takes over, and with a surge of adrenaline her wings pull themselves into a powerful downstroke, saving her from the treeline. Her grey eyes snap open, and nearly hysterical laughter bubbles from her throat. She’s alive! Breathlessly, she clumsily flaps her way into the sky, working her way eastward, in the direction of the rising sun. Th’orqui, here she comes!

She has not flown more than half an hour though, when she begins to tire. Her wings, achy from disuse, grow heavy, and Nasreen looks down, reluctantly seeking a landing place. Fear still lingers at the back of her mind; the last time she was on the ground outside of the cave, a nightmarish creature had attacked…Kahlua? As if her thoughts had conjured up her friend herself, Nasreen is shocked to see the tiny black and white figure far below her. “Kahlua!” she calls excitedly, but she is too far above for her voice to possibly carry. Hurriedly, she begins to circle, picking a break in the trees to aim for as a landing ground. Hurry, hurry, hurry…! Nasreen repeats to herself, in time with her frantic wingbeats. She must see if her friend is all right. A pang of guilt strikes her as she recalls how quickly she took to the sky as soon as the nightmare appeared, giving little thought to the very mare who had harbored her in the Edge. ”Kahlua!” she calls again, but she is not quite on the ground yet, and the mare is moving ahead and out of the trees. It is too late to change direction, so Nasreen concentrates on her landing. With a dull thud, she makes contact with the earth, very nearly losing her balance. She is out of practice, but she has no time to focus on her protesting hooves, which bore the brunt of the impact. ”Kahlua!”

Nasreen rushes through the trees. She has lost sight of her companion, but she knows that she must be somewhere ahead--ah! Reaching the edge of the treeline, she bursts through the brush. The sight before her startles the young mare. A little ways ahead, a small gathering has congregated. Kahlua is there, all right, but she is not alone. A flaming stranger stands imposingly above the others, atop what Nasreen recognizes as familiar: a shrine. Kahlua had spoken of the gods to her before…could this be…? From her friend’s humble posture, Nasreen guesses it is. A fluttering gasp escapes her parted lips, and she draws closer, head down.

When she reaches the edge of the group, she mimics the black and white mare’s behavior, bowing low. She is curious to catch a glimpse of this god’s face, but her reverence and fear win out. Nasreen keeps her eyes low, only seeing the light that the flaming deity casts onto the rocks around them. Has he brought the sun back to this land?

“O deity most high,” she murmurs, Th’orquian accent clear and pronounced. “It is truly an honor.”

wishlist: [Magic: Fire x Time | ability to create stars during a full moon (1x/per real month) through an intricate flight dance]
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
To be free of those caverns fills my soul with her elation. Something I haven't felt in a very long time longtime. As I draw near to a foreign place I can see a crowd, and someone who I believe is a god. Slowly I draw near, and I lower my head as a sign of submission. Whether he be the Father or not, a god deserves reverence. Part of me wishes to be so bold as to ask him for where my father is, but I know how gods can be touchy. After all, I was the personal hit man for the god of touchiness.

"I am not of this land but it is still an honor to be in your presence," I say with careful respect and reverence. My head hasn't lifted and I don't dare gaze up at this god's eyes. To do such a thing would imply equality and we are not even on the same plane. Even in my true form we wouldn't be equals, for I still was simply a servant.

[- A quest to earn his wings back
wish list]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Her hunger for traveling had really taken over lately. She had heard rumors of the shrines that existed before, and how they were run down. She had spoken with a one-winged pegasus mare, who had also spoken of them creating the world. It was planted in her mind that she should see one of them, and understand what was going on. Her mind rumbled with the thoughts of them that wrought her mind, so there she decided to travel. Ears pricked atop her head as vines and shrines came into distant, some rumblings of sounds hit her ears. She crept forward slowly, to witness a wonderful sight.

There before her stood a grand creature, with expansive wings, and twisted horns. He himself looked to be made of fire. She cringed, but then approached, eager to see. Many others surrounded, a painted mare, a roan unicorn stallion, a painted pegasus, little Amani, who she moved closer too, and another pegasus mare and stallion. Some asking for things, and some not. Elsa thought of the recent magic she had acquired, and thought maybe she could get it more... solidified. "Dear God, is there anything I could do for you? I'm kind of new at this..." She shuffled sideways little, awaiting his response. Never before had she been in the presence of something so grand and unbelievable. She hoped Amani would not think less of her for being so ignorant of the world around them. Many things were swimming through her mind now, thinking of all the things she was missing out on.

[i dunno if elsa is too late! If not she will watch! :D]
[Wishlist :: [Water x Light (u): Ability for structures to be held during the course of the battle. A maximum of two-structures, or one, can be in the terrain after creation can be used as a block, but after use will alter the terrain, as it would be in the way. Will melt immediately after battle.][/align]
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
My body is still weak from the sickness that had entered me and stayed for so long. Thanks to Midas and Hector, I was healed of the darkness that had infected so much of Helovia. To them I will forever be indebted. I wander, no longer bloodthirsty, no longer craving souls to take and darkness to spread, I want to wander again in the light and feel the breeze - or rather the horrible frigid chill - on my skin. My very living, healthy skin. The sharpness of the cold brings me clarity. Now as I wander I realize some part of me had changed inside. There is a numbness that wasn't there before. And in addition, I realize I seek to find my love, Africa. Even if she does not love me the way I love her... It will hurt but I will manage. I want to be by her side, to love her and protect her. Lovestruck. That is what I am.

I wander toward the area I've heard is called the Veins of the Gods. If not to talk to the Gods, at the very least I want to observe its beauty. As I enter the land, however, I see there is something going on. In the distance there is a gathering, and a brightness, so bright it hurts my eyes. I realize that it must be a God... I had never believed much in the Gods, but now.. Well, there's one right before my eyes. The God of the Sun, by the looks of it - bright, practically aflame. The God of the Sun... Africa's God. I get closer, and I can see for myself. A majestic king of light, both winged and horned, standing before his shrine, charred and blackened, awaiting those who seek him. His feathers are alight, as well as his flowing mane and tail, with liquid fire. A sight so glorious I've never seen before.

I barely recognize the others present, I know none of them anyway. This may, of course, be in part because I was consumed by infection for so long. I bend to one knee and bow my head. Walking "Oh God of Light. I never believed until now. Now I know the things your Chosen Africa has told me are true. Please forgive my ignorance." In the back of my mind, I want to burst out and ask him where my beloved is, and if she is okay. Surely the one she speaks for knows of her well-being. I bite back my impulse, knowing it is improper and I must wait to ask after her.

OOC: Not sure if it is too late to respond. If so, Silk just wants to know about Africa. Also, Silk has been healed IC, his status has not been updated yet but request is posted in character rank updates.
Wishlist - Magic: Fire x Shock | (A) The ability to conjure flame and manipulate its form, with sparks of the fire being used as a possible weapon to burn and shock.
Walking "Talking"

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

The shadows of subterranean life, of mould, mildew and the grim reality of cold cavern walls, had been shed with much delight by the bright auburn stallion. Though unwavering in his loyalty to the herd who dwelt upon the sands of the glorious Sun God’s domain, Hector had not ventured back into the south right away- choosing instead, to detour by the Veins, and praise the deity who had again shown grace beyond mortal reasoning, parting as he would the darkness to restore the world’s light. The sinew of a practiced warrior rippled to the rhythmic swing of an untroubled gait, and the canvas wrapped snuggly around was glossy and reflected easily the fury of the blazing sun above. He was in his element; a creature in the prime of his life, and any trace of that insecurity which had marred his confidence through years passed was buried beneath the favour and encouragement impressed upon him by the herd of the Sun; those devoted to the Throat.

Great hooves pressed soundly into the soft emerald loam carpeting the verge of forest and rock, pausing so that the beast riding above could lower fluttering nostrils to scent the trail beneath. Many had passed by just recently he noted quickly, tangerine eyes rising through a stiff expression; both fixed marvellously upon the chiselled cranium who bore the embellishment of clean, pale ivory. The large stallion glanced cautiously along the rocky path which led across the bridge and onto the relic of the old volcano which held the shrines of those creators of Helovia; of the great God of the Sun, though the temple had been crumbled the last time visited. Quietly he turned south, taking more care to step between the coal-hued rubble scattered so precariously along the way- not all who had sheltered beside him through the darkness had been trustworthy. Those souls had now been leaked once more across the region a Hector, chary by nature, would be none too careful.

Even before he could see the brilliance of fire and the light which emanated across the bleak stone and shattered shrine-ruins, Hector began to imagine within himself, an eagerness; unbound joy and clarity of the mind. Still faster he drew to the end of the bridge, driven by something he likened to the fervour of striding among the frontline towards war- invigorating. The soldier moved from the rocky trail to walk along the risen path between motionless oceans of grim blue lava, frozen in time and eerie to pass above. Always his wings sat ajar, joints flexing and limber with readiness; and upon the high swing of his lifted skull pricked ever listening ears- like two satellites weaving through soft golden-red tendrils of wind-licked mane. And that which swept in bursts of the roaring ocean was brisk.

Hector saw the God of the Sun quickly, even before the thrill in his eyes settled to shift between the many faces grouped before his shrine; below his timeless form as it poised upon all which remained of his shrine. Like them, the tri-bred warrior moved to revel in the shadow of greatness, dipping his face respectfully with shut eyes, before they could bear the absence of their Lord’s beauty no longer. "Hail the return of the light and the fire of your Sun. How you have been missed great one!" Swirls of mane bloomed around the salutation of his tossing façade and the fire-loving stallion basked in the radiance of his home’s fine patron.

Wishlist
[Magic: Fire | The ability to summon a tiger made of flames. Causes physical burns if contact is made.]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
[[[NOTICE:

- you have 24 hours left to join this thread
- this thread will continue as a group meeting and a group thread with mild attention to posting order following the 48 hour rule, please communicate with each other about who is posting when
- the Sun God will post 48 hours after the last response or whenever it feels most natural
- the Sun God will choose his quest drop from the conversations however it feels most natural based on admin vote

]]]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun watched as they all came, and though the group was small, they had hearts for many more. Soon, herds would come to his shrine to receive drops of the sun and kisses of flame, but he had to prove himself. He wasn't sure where this change of heart came from, if it truly was a change of heart. The God knew who and what he was, and the mortals should fear and love him. However, as he looked upon all of these new faces, he realized that they were foreign. Those who had been born and lived here so many hundreds of years ago were gone. They did not know who he was.

But now they would.

The god listened to them one by one and answered them in turn, eyeing Kahlua first with a raised brow. Was she not a servant of his sister? Should he be honest? Ask her to leave the Edge? No... well, not yet anyway. "I am in need of nothing right now, but why don't you stick around and enjoy the conversation?"

When the blue stallion asked about Onni, he frowned. "I believe she is safe, away from the darkness that was sick. However, my sight does not reach far beyond Helovia," he said quietly. "We can only pray for her return."

The pegasus boy, usually seen following Midas around, declared his loyalty to the Throat and the Sun God smiled. "I am pleased to hear that you shall remain in my lands, Cera," he said quietly. "Do you know what you intend to do to help?" he asked, interested in the boy's response.

A child approached, speaking of her mother, and the God paused to explore her features. Of course, he recognized the dam. Poor lass at least got an opportunity to use the powers. Her child was lovely as well, and he nodded. "I did, and her soul is at peace, passed on to the life that is after this one," he rumbled quietly. "Do you wish to follow in her hoof steps? Join my followers?"

Three newcomers praised him, and he smiled back warmly. "Greetings to you all and welcome. As long as you call this place your home, you are not foreign." He nodded in turn to Silk and Hector, looking upon the group who had gathered.

"I ask you now why you believe this sickness and darkness came over Helovia?" he said, seeking their answer, expression nearly void of emotion.

CREDITS

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
To look on the sun's glory was blinding- both physically and mentally. And yet, the Sunshower had her own brightness, her own glory- it shone back and in those moments where she had bowed to the Sun Lord, and heard his answer. Stay, join the conversation. Of course she would- a smile lit her face as she nodded her head to him in acceptance of his offer. Besides, how could she leave? Even as she stood there, friends were flooding down upon her. Besides, the next to come had mentioned a name she knew all too well.

At least she didn't have to worry- too much. The Sun Lord's answer gave her hope that Onni was alive and well, simply gone. “I miss her too,” she offered to the unknown stallion, a show of friendship and understanding. The concern in her voice was evident and genuine- not that the painted girl would ever have been capable of hiding it. She was as open a book as there ever was, ready to pour her heart out at the drop of a hat to any willing stranger. At least she had an amiable personality.

But a new voice broke the painted girl's concern, her concentration. It was a different voice that had been missing from her life. “Nasreen!” the painted girl called out, and forgetting the composure she had been trying to maintain, Kahlua began bound towards the noise. She still could not see her friend and yet... Nasreen had to be there, somewhere! Finally, the pegasus broke through the treeline. If Kahlua's face could have been more joyous, she would have shone as bright as the Sun Lord himself. By the time the distance between the two was closed, Nasreen was bowing and Kahlua shifted back and forth impatiently until she finally rose. It was then, that she attacked.

Not attacked in a violent manner, of course- an attack of love, of joy, of pure elation. Kahlua tried to wrap her neck around Nasreen's, laughing aloud, nuzzling her face against her friend's neck if it would be had. “I'm so glad you're safe,” she cried, maybe a little too loudly for how close she was, but reunions are a joyous moment and Kahlua felt every emotion as strongly as if it had been a real, physical thing.

Behind her, the painted girl heard the name Africa, another name she was rather familiar with, but in this moment Nasreen was more important. But in time, the Sun Lord's voice distracted the woman from her joy and she turned back, hearing his question, tears already beginning to mist her eyes. After all, she had contracted the sickness and had been part of the darkness. And those memories... they hurt her to her very soul. Still, he had asked, and the girl would give her opinion, her voice shaky and her answer perhaps just a little too personal.

“When I was sick...” she stopped for a moment, fighting back a sob, trying her best to remain composed and more or less failing. “I hated everyone. I looked at them and I hated them because-” Why? Why did she hate them? And then it came to her. “I hated them because they were different. I wanted them gone because I thought I was better than them.” Her childlike eyes grew wide suddenly as the girl raised her head from the floor to the god's face, an idea washing over her like a river over a cliff, and suddenly the words came rushing out quickly- too quickly- but it was like a light bulb had been turned on in her head.

“It was to make us know, to make us see- If we're going to fix all the hate in the world we have to know what hate feels like first.” She was a metaphorical puppy dog, tail wagging and tongue lolling to the side as she tried to reach the God's gaze and hold it in her own. Poor Kahlua. If only she knew that she'd simply figured out that old adage that everyone else had already heard of- to know your enemy, walk a mile in his hooves.
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Carnesîr Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 3 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
wanda
Carnesîr;

We are drawn to his flame; they flock and migrate, gravitating towards Ra's ambient radiation, the power that burns off him and glistens in the gold of his palomino coat; and Carnesîr knows, without doubt, this is not just some horse playing at god, this is a god, maybe The God. He is unable to tear his eyes away from him, shining, glowering, powerful beyond mortal capacity- and the silver boy feels if he were to linger for too long around this lord of light, he would simply melt, simply die from the glorious authority. Voices roil and writhe around the craven's ears, but he is unable to focus on them, concentrated as he is on this deity; he is frozen, statuesque, terrified and exhilarated, aghast and intoxicated, drunk on the presence of the Sun.

Except someone agrees with him, offers a condolence, and his head jerks away. Beside the sun incarnated in godly form, the little black and white mare is dark and small and shadowy- but she knows Onni, and she misses him too. Carnesîr doesn't know the paint, who isn't quite his type of beautiful but rather pretty nonetheless.

"Am I sorry, am I. I been praying for her." The boy sighs, gaze dashing towards the ground in fleeting guilt. Not hard enough, he thinks to himself; not hard enough indeed. The Sun God speaks to him (he gives a little shudder of awe) and bows his crown humbly to the deity. "Thank you... but how you pray?" Brows knit and draw together in confusion; he doesn't dare look up, he's afraid of being burned to crisp for his impunity. Lips shift in wordless prayers, before he speaks up again, to clarify on his point. "I only mean, please, don't mean to offend, that if you are a god, can you pray? Goheno nin! It's not my place."

The silver grullo doesn't speak again, musing over Onni- he is so glad of her safety, but he cannot help but feel disappointed she is no longer in Helovia- speak he does not until the lord of light poses forth a question; sickness and darkness. Carnesîr recoils, flinching, forgetting himself- his line of sight dashes up, to look into that magnificent and immortal face, before falling back to his cleft hooves. Why would he ask such a thing? Wasn't it the Sun God's fault? After all, there was no sun. That was his responsibility wasn't it? Or maybe the Moon Goddess did not lower her moon, but couldn't the heat of flames overcome shadow? Thoughts race, speeding and skating over possibilities.

Ears twist, as he listens to Kahlua speaking of her time being a wraith, and his scowl deepens, and he butts in rudely after her statements. "Hate is part of living. Without hate, can't know good or like or love." The boy gives a little hum and flicks his leonid tail. "What I curious, is why Moon Goddess did not lower her moon and Sun God did not raise his sun. Sickness ran wild but... this was not sickness. That was dark magic, for undead and dying to walk. Magic only light can battle."

base table code by tamme
art by aeolle

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
look around you; the world is beautiful. radiant. it glows, but you must look.

Loyalty is reward in such simplistic ways, but the smile the God of Flame bestows upon Cera makes him feel untouchable. Warm. Always warm in the presence of the God he so revered. Cera smiled back, sincere and grateful that his Lord has recognized him singularly. Heart pounds delightedly, and everything fades away. These others mean nothing to him, they are greed-driven, seeking his Father for their own purposes, and he will not associate with their simple-mindedness right now. Not when pride and joy are blooming up inside of him like golden bubbles, precious and evanescent, but so pure he will never forget the feeling, the presence of the gratitude on the Sun Lord's face. Words are quiet, as if to imitate Cera's murmured words in desire for a more intimate connection of conversation. His purpose lies in his answer, and he does not look away, doesn't think he can he is so enchanted to finally meet his savior. "I have no training, my Lord. But I will bow my knee to your warriors, and fight for your lands. I will seek creation to guard it, with Ilaria at my side to heal for those wounded. You have my entirety at your service, my Lord," he answered sincerely, concisely. It had been his plan all along, since his gratitude towards the king of light had first began to fester. Ilaria was given the ability to heal, to mend. Cera would take the mantle of a solider, to defend, and obtain magic to create and protect. There was little he had not planned, willing to give everything to round himself in the image of his protector.

But their moment is short, even if it is far more precious than Cera will ever be able to express. The others jump in, tongues wagging eagerly, answers springing from their lips in succession. Cera sits and listens, waits and thinks, and contemplates everything he hears. His relief to know the safety of Onni is great, and it passes through him like a wave, letting him focus on the priority of the moment- the question his king has phrased to the whole of them. But instead his eyes turn to the child who has lost her mother, and he moves towards her, remembering Onni's very words to shine the light of himself on others to help them find their way. "Hello, my name is Cera, and this is Ilaria," he greeted softly but swiftly, not wishing to ignore his Lord. "My mother is gone as well. But perhaps we can be friends? I know Helovia well, I was born here," he gave a kindly smile, only for it to twitch as he heard the blasphemous words of Carnesir.

Instead of acting on his anger his face hardens momentarily, hiding it from Amani for he does not want to scare her after so readily offering his hand to her in friendship. She may be too young to understand his disgust with those who assume the Gods are nothing more than lazy deities sitting upon their thrones. "I believe the painted lady is right, my Lord. We were driven to the Sanctuary, our alliances were cut, we all became one and the same in our desire to be safe. And we bonded with those we normally would never have met, perhaps never have trusted. Enemies by herd preference became friends in circumstances that couldn't have been otherwise achieved. We all became equals." His head tilted, observing his Lord with kind, curious eyes that were churning with thought. His paved road of thought was ever continuing, speaking softly as he went along, going with his heart instead of trying to impress. "Hatred is more than just a blanket statement. We hate for species, for looks, but more specifically for alliances. If I were told to attack a Basin soldier, I might have, if only because of our pasts with invasions and enemy status. Aside from this...I don't know. That is all I can think of." He is okay with admitting this now, the patchy lad, for he has tried his best. Instead, he lifts a wing for Ilaria to run across the width of, the curious little panda blinking friendly emerald eyes at the young filly he was so intrigued by.

Maybe the Gods really did bring them together.

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

More arrive behind me, each seeking the God of the Sun's attention. I sigh softly, figuring i'd just be lost in the crowd and he would never hear me at all. I was very happy when Elsa moved along side me, she too speaking to the Sun God. I nuzzled her side, just glad that there was someone there that I knew. She was the first find me once I arrived in Helovia, and for all purpouses she had become my Mom... Granted, no one would ever replace my Momma... But at least the hole was filled slightly. I was a little less hurt by Momma's death when Elsa was near.

My ears suddenly swivel around as the Sun God begins to speak. He speaks for to the painted mare who I had followed here. Then to the unicorn stallion and the pegasus who arrived just before me. My eyes widened in delight as the God of the Sun spoke to me. He did know my mother! I could of jumped and yelled for joy! This was the right place and he was the God she favored! When he asked me if I wished to follow in her hoof step and follow him I was almost lost for words. "Yes Sir! Very much Sir! I just hope I can be just as devoted to you as she was if not more!" What can I say, I am young and eager.

As the Sun God's attention turns to others, the pegasus who arrived before me came toward me. I was unsure at first, after all he is taller than me... But he seems alright. "Hello, my name is Cera, and this is Ilaria," His tone was soft, but welcoming. I quickly answered him with my own name, "I'm Amani" before he continued to speak. "My mother is gone as well. But perhaps we can be friends? I know Helovia well, I was born here," My eyes lit up as he said he wanted to be friends and that he knew Helovia well. "I would really like to be friends." I smiled. I have to admit, I am a bit nervous of the bear like thing he calls Ilaria, but she seems nice enough as she crawls out on Cera's extended wing. Her emerald eyes were watching me.

It was only then I remembered the question the Sun God had asked. I decided to try and answer as well... "I have not been here long, in fact my Momma fled Helovia when the darkness firt began. But from what she told me of stories of these lands.... I think it was to bring everyone together. Like they said, before it only mattered what herd you were from and what you look like... The sickness and darkness made everyone have to live and work together to survive...." I trailed off, suddenly feeling very small and shy.... After all, I am the youngest present. Softly I whisper "But who knows, I could be wrong..."

"Talk"

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I listen to the god as he addresses each individual in the group. This demeanor, so gentle and what seems to be kind, is so foreign to me. I have seen the Father shed his mercy upon his followers, but I've seen him unleash his fury at the slightest misstep. Perhaps this god has fury that burns bright like the Father's, but I hope to never find out.

The god answers me and I look up at him, still not meeting his gaze out of respect. "Thank you m'lord,' I say with a low dip of my head. I then lower my gaze once more. All others who gaze directly at him seem to come to no punishment.

He asks a question and I take it in syllable by syllable and slowly dissect it. Others answer before me, and I listen, disagreeing with much of the naïveté that passes from their lips. But maybe that was the case, so I will not voice my opinion on their views. Once a filly gives her answer I look up at the god.

"Is there always a why?" I ask, perhaps a bold statement but over all my experience this has become a solid question. "I came to Helovia in the thick of the darkness. I did see kindness from strangers that saved me from the Threshold with no gain for themselves.. Maybe Helovia was always that way, maybe it wasn't I wouldn't know. This darkness to me came because there are things out of our control. We always ask ourselves 'why is this happening to me', but often there isn't a reason it just does. Perhaps an ignorant or pessimistic answer, but I believe the darkness happened because of a malevolent presence, not because of karma or to teach equality."

A bold answer that may enrage the god, so I make sure to lower my head and back up into the group. My gaze flickers about the group to see what others may have to say in response to all of this.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

Everyone began spouting out answers. First from the painted equine, she spoke of how hatred brought forth such darkness. From the roan unicorn stallion, he spoke of neglectful gods. Another painted, this time a pegasus, spoke again of hatred and alliances. Amani, the dearest girl, again spoke of hatred and races. Elsa's mind began to spin at all the talk of racism. Never once had racism, or looks, and so on and so forth ever effected her. Elsa had no qualms with race, but rather personality, and that was something even the gods above could not change. While amidst her thoughts, another pegasus spoke of the teaching of equality.

When it seemed there was a lull in the outpouring of responses, Elsa stepped forward towards the God. She didn't offer her name, for he should know such things if he was a creator of the land. All Elsa did was simply respond. "Was it not for ignorance? Not everyone here holds such hatred for other races, so why give a group punishment to a group that seems to be more nice than evil?" She thought of Oxy, of the Asylum group, of Storm, of all those. Only thinking of the racist Valhalia who interrupted the greeting of Otz. "Was it not you, the gods of this land, that brought about this to make them all realize who has the power? Have we not all been consumed by gaining our own power that we forgot those who gave us the ability to even try for power?" Sure she might have been rambling, and finished with a shrug. "I believe it is because we ignore our gods."

"Talketh."

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
His voice is a deep rumble, and Nasreen quivers in elation. A god, a god has graced her with his presence! Back in Th’orqui, only a select few were so blessed. She is still processing all of this when the thought occurs to her—perhaps this god knows where Th’orqui is! Trying to contain her excitement, Nasreen eases out of her deep bow, raising her jubilant eyes to see…Kahlua.

Her friend rushes toward her, and she is caught up in her joyous embrace. “I’m so glad you’re safe!” Kahlua is telling her, and Nasreen begins to cry again, overwhelmed. “I…I’m so sorry I left you,” she replies, ashamed at her selfishness. “Thank the gods you’re all right!” Before she has a chance to remember her place, the god speaks again. Nasreen shrinks back in fear and embarrassment—who is she to interrupt a deity?

But he is merciful. “Greetings to you all and welcome. As long as you call this place your home, you are not foreign,” he intones benevolently, and as Nasreen dares to gaze rapturously at his face for the briefest moment, she sees a smile on his godly lips. She relaxes, basking in his glow. “I ask you now why you believe this sickness and darkness came over Helovia?” he continues in a deep voice. Memories of the monster resurface in Nasreen’s mind, and subconsciously, she inches closer to the god, seeking comfort and safety in his light.

She is puzzled, though, at his query. What did she believe? She did not know how to answer. Who was she to question the will of the gods? The others answered in turn, and she listened in confusion to their explanations, gasping softly when she discovered that Kahlua herself had been infected. They all sounded so wise. She, though, was just a girl. All her life, she had been taught not to question authority, and certainly not to question the gods! Nasreen knit her brow, puzzling over this dilemma, and quite accidentally missed Cera’s introduction in the process. What was she to say?

When it came time for her to answer, she swallowed before replying meekly, “Dear deity, I must admit that I don’t know. Who am I to say why things happen the way they do? I am a mere mortal, and you…well…” she ducked her head reverently before continuing. “What I’m trying to say, o god, is that while I cannot pretend to know why the darkness came, is it not an occasion to rejoice when you have brought back the light?”
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Another arrives after me. Hector. I nod my head at him, and murmur my thanks to him, sincerity plain over my entire face and in my blood red eyes. I stay quiet as the Sun God acknowledges my presence. He has no reason to treat me with favor, or even kindly. I rise from my bow and listen to his words. Why was the darkness brought, why was there this suffering? It is clear there is an order among us.. turns for speaking. I wait my turn quietly, listening to each horse speak. Some of them knew the Sun God and there was an established history, some of them were like me and did not know him. The painted mare spoke up first. It seemed she was close with the God.. I listened to her answer, saying that understanding hate was the reason for all this. The others seemed to agree and disagree with her. A stallion disagreed, arguing that hate was just part of life. Perhaps, that did make a bit of sense. Hate could be a powerful weapon, and a powerful foe. A young boy named Cera seemed to agree.. that the hate drove the herds together and enabled new friendships.

A young pegasus girl introduces herself as Amani. Her energy is tangible. She also thinks the darkness was so they could all be friends. I wonder about that. I hadn't really made any enemies since being in Helovia, though my attitude may have made that challenging at times. In fact, it was almost as if I wanted to be friends with everyone I've met. It's curious for certain. Hmm...

The next female to speak is much more pessimistic about it. She believes that there may be a malevolent presence that brought the darkness. Maybe.. But who would that presence have been? Did anyone see such a presence? What did it want with Helovia? Her pessimism sounds like something I would say. Another one speaks, a pale colored femme, as pale as the snow... though she does not introduce herself. She is bold and brazen, not holding back from accusing the Gods of bringing the darkness.

I'm not sure how I feel about it all. It seems to be my turn to speak, though. I hesitate, thinking about all the information that has been given to me, all the opinions to sort through. Finally it seems like words come to my lips, ready to be heard.

I speak loud enough for the Sun God to hear me, and for anyone who cares to listen to hear me. "Lord, I was taken by the darkness. It exposed the inner evil that I had inside. I feel that the darkness has left a mark on my soul." I admit this darkness, hoping that the Sun God will not think poorly of me because of it. It is something I will have to learn to take in stride as I progress with my journey in Helovia. "I cannot say for certain why the darkness came. But I agree with the others. I think that it was to bring Helovians together to forge new friendships, new kinships." I go quiet, and glance at the Sun God, wondering what he will think. Then I look over at Hector next to me, wondering what the warrior will think. Back to the Sun God. Is this a test? Is there a definition of who passes and fails - one correct answer? I wonder...

Walking "Talking"

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.