the Rift

Coat of arms (God of earth/Herd champs throat pass)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

A day had passed by; all was quiet, almost eerily silent. Painted in colors of ebony, gold and cream a lad lay near the threshold of his lord’s shrine. He had dozed off amidst a lengthy prayer of worship. Dreaming of days where he had been a child of wondering delight, back then he was a mere colt who had yet to see his first snowfall; mother used to take him to the vein every so often. They would always carry gifts of sorts, precious offerings of gems and rare herb. He had brought nothing this time, save for the fast that carried him from here to home. The coolness of night blanketed his body with shielding caresses; a half-moon lay with crested arms stretching toward diamond stars.

Tawny orbs opened slowly and muzzle rose to take cranium upward from its bent resting position. After a few blinks Midas had gained his surroundings and realized that from prayer position somehow he had fallen to the right and ended up curled across the dusty earth. Wings felt tightly uncomfortable so he loosened them and jerked skull downward with body aiming to rise. Strongly he stood, shaking dust away from a glossy hide. Gathering posture he glanced up at the gleaming heavens, it was almost time to go home. Heartstrings tugged on him to speak, softly, “Elemental lord, can you hear my plea?” The god would know the request that lingered in his heart.

Word count: 266
OOC:

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth

With a great yawn and a tug at his immortal form, the Earth God ascended. The gigantic god erupted from the earth in a cloud of dirt, and he shook his orange-tipped man, shaking dust in the process. Absently, he shook out his wings as well and inhaled deeply. A smile crossed his lips when he exhaled. "Ah, I do love Orangemoon," he said absently before settling his eyes on the one who summoned him.

He was a handsome creature, to be sure, adorned beautifully. And the God could tell from the emotion in his voice that he was a worshipper of the Earth. "What is it that you need, Midas?" he asked, calling his Earth-Son by name. "What does your heart desire?"

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Never in his wildest dreams did Midas actually think the almighty one would pay his weak mortal mind more than a glance. At even a glance. Words couldn’t describe how high the heart began to soar, even with hooves planted more firmly into soil than ever before. The realms seemed to switch places until he could see nothing more than the creamy horns and sleek pelt of his bay lord. Strong and with an air of justice, about him like a pure coat of innocent love. Left limb jutted out and body fell forward in a stallion bow of submission and reverence, his lord had just appeared.

"What is it that you need, Midas?"

Tongue refused to work for a moment, all he could muster for a heartbeat or two was the act of breathing. But that moment would pass quickly by. "What does your heart desire?" Daring not to look up at the almighty one he pried vocals apart, “My lord,” lids slithered shut while auds strained to stay erect, “I have longing for a magical gift that belonged to my earthly sire.” Pausing to take in air Midas continued with tone wavering as nerves took hold, “Father, if your grace finds me worthy, please grant a suit of armor that I may call forth to assist in times of need.”

Word count: 250

OOC: Basically I would love for him to have a suit of armor made from gold and other available metals that are close by, one that he can summon to his body when he has to fight. Something like a second set of skin that will fold over his frame when called forth. A trinket as symbol for this power would be nice as well, <'3 (but that's just an idea).

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth

The Earth God was not entirely sure how he felt about the deference and subservience of this handsome pegasus, but he allowed the creature to have his moment. So, the God patiently listened his body almost as still as a stone. The bow was deep, and he felt honored by this being; he was very interested to hear what he desired.

He hummed when he heard the request and furrowed his brows. The God had not heard such a war-like request in a very long time - not since the warring equine herds were at each other's throat for ruling over the herdlands. Now, they all laid beneath the earth. Depressing, really.

"If you find me the materials, I will be able to craft you what you request," he replied. "However, unless you can find one that you trust to aid you, the armor will be attached to you permanently; still, you will be able to call it into action with a thought. All magic has consequences." Then, the Earth God hummed and looked into the creature's tawny eyes.

"You need to find gold, hidden in the bed of the river in the Thistle Meadow. Then, you will find steel in the Frostbreath Steppe. You should hurry before the ice becomes too difficult to puncture; a unicorn should be able to aide you with this. Also, you will need leather. A unicorn named Coris desires to be a leather-crafter. Aide him in his quest so that he will grant you the leather you need. Bring all of these items back to me, and I will grant your request."

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Honored wasn’t even a strong enough word to describe the feelings of hope and reverence that Midas was feeling within a swelling breast. He could only hope that his heavenly father would show mercy on such a selfish desire. "If you find me the materials, I will be able to craft you what you request," joy whelped forward and for a moment he dared to glance up, nearly forgetting his position with such gleeful expression. Auds pushed forward to catch each syllable that would be spoken next, orbs feel back to earth but heart was already soaring to impossible new heights. Instructions for completing this task would need to be remembered so he listened intently.

"However, unless you can find one that you trust to aid you, the armor will be attached to you permanently; still, you will be able to call it into action with a thought. All magic has consequences."

His joy didn’t waver in the least; Midas knew that with each action came a price. He was willing to go wherever his lord directed. A simple nod gave proper response while he listened quietly to everything else his lord had to say. Mind was already spinning around the idea of visiting such faraway places, and how he was going to find a friend trustworthy enough to complete this budding challenge. A soft quiet fell, and for a handful of seconds he was allowed to simply bask in thought; but words formed quickly enough with lightened tone full of appreciation for the chance, “I will do as is commanded,” lowering skull toward earth one last time he rose slowly until limbs straightened fully, “My thanks could never be enough, but blooming faith within this mortal body is renewed forevermore by your grace ,” a sweeping lock of hair fell between his ears, wings trembled with anticipation toward getting started. Limbs took retreat, with bulky frame turning to leave his lord to other business that was sure to be had.

Word count: 350
OOC: <’3