the Rift

A Humble Return (Completing Sun God Quest)
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

After her conversation with Rishima, the young filly had found Osiris and had walked his family to the beach. She could not return to the Sun God until she had seen of Osiris was okay, and he was more than just that. The young filly's heart was heavy, but she brought with her a gift for the only other male in her life who seemed to appreciate her for who she was. Phi found a bitter irony in the fact that he was an immortal god, and she must be like a little spec on his lifespan.

The sun was setting in the sky, but she was all right with that fact. She desperately needed a little sun at this moment, so she walked listlessly up the narrow path to the shrines. His was obvious to her, and she dropped her gift at the base of the large rock before inhaling deeply to speak.

"I have done what you ask, Great Sun God," she said quietly, speaking with focus to his shrine. "And to thank you for listening to me, I have brought you something. It is something simple, but I hope that you like it." The white filly cast a glance to the piece of glass that was near the base of his shrine. It was a beautiful array of oranges and reds and in a shape that reminded her of one of his horns. She had found it on the beach.

"It reminds me of you, with its color and the fact that fire had to have made it," she explained softly, thinking that speaking might make the ache in her heart go away.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

I'll never see any side of heaven
I'll walk for miles through a blazin' hell

A bright light begins to shine, seemingly out of thin air. The beam grows larger, denser, forming a small orb that expands with each passing moment. Larger and larger it becomes, until finally, the light begins to dissipate, and in its place stand the golden deity of the Sun. He smiles warmly at Ophelia, knowingly, liquid gold eyes swimming around pupils darker than the night sky like flakes of metal. She is sad, it shows in the dropping of her eyes and the crestfallen stance she has assumed, yet she speaks to his shrine in such a manner as to fool him into thinking she is happy.

You need not hide your worries from me, Ophelia,” he coos at her, stepping closer to the filly and her pure white figure. “It does no good anyhow.” A friendly smile, one not often worn except in times or persuasion, is assumed on the God’s face as her speaks to her with a smooth voice, like velvet brushing gently on your skin. His eyes fall toward the small shining object, light flowing out from underneath it and carrying it to his eyes gently so that he may better observe it. The colors were warm, and being glass it had taken his fire to create such a piece. In an instant, the gift darts away, disappearing into a collection of other gifts given to him over the years, but this one would be placed gently, carefully.

Liquid fire drips from his mane and tail as he walks to stand before her, lowering his face to view her two toned eyes directly. There were fragments in her mind of the one causing her woes, and it was a beastly sight. A gentle heart giving way to an ugly creature, when she could have so much more. It made him grimace inwardly that she would settle for such a monstrosity. “I will not ask for the secret you have gathered, but I will impart the ability you requested.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

He appeared to her again in a bright pillar of light, and words cracked her shell of strength. The expression on her face fell, and she grimaced a smile. "I... You are right," she murmured quietly. She watches as her gift disappears, and she is very glad that he likes it. Then, his next words catch her off guard, and she lifts her eyes to his own in confusion.

Then, she smiles softly. "You know," she murmured. "You are incredibly kind and merciful, but I will not share your secret." Her heart was lifted at the Sun God's kindness, and she bowed deeply. "Thank you very much."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!