the Rift

[OPEN] just a pinch of sugar

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow

Vincent                                
   The arm-pit of hell wrought stony bruises in dinner-plate soles, leading limping Vincent desperately in search of better footing. The glimmering lake-water tempted him like rubies on a mermaid's bra, but one could only guess what kind of devilish siren lay below the surface. Vincent knew of Helovia's cumbersome deception, and he was not going to let anything shove harm in his way. The hulking mass makes his way, unsure where he is, unable to turn back into the growing darkness. It seemed routine to him, at least, to submerge into the unknown. Fear was never absent, and it grew as the light of the heart's core behind him began to reach its last stretch.

Beyond golden eyes and bald face, he thinks of Archibald. He wishes the night never claims him, and that the face of fear never speaks to him. Riddled with worry and inner calamity, Vincent shudders in his own cage. The lack of sun pours inky sweat over his hide, and doesn't dry it.

Eventually aside from dismal stone, the slate rock recedes before chalky hooves and they plunge into the familiar, beautiful taste of spongy earth. Hooves savor the feeling, and lips meet the glowing grass. He's too hungry to question his surroundings. The taste lingers in his throat and bliss overwhelms him as a glowing canopy reaches his hide, tasting the sweaty terror that so quickly evaporated. Hunger, the one real instinct that can overthrow fear, devours him.

@[Alysanne], I didn't have much time to write this! Expect better next time :P

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

ALYSANNE.
Paint with all the colours of the wind
Throughout her stay here in the caves, Alysanne never felt oppressed by the walls that surrounded them. They were trapped, yes, but she knew that this was safe. Or, at least, it was safer than what laid in wait for them on the surface. There were some rumours that the sickness was beginning to break, that there were more and more of their friends that were getting healed from whatever it was that had infected them. Just the idea of returning to the surface, free and without consequences, was enough to get her through even the darkest of nights.

It was here in this room that she had spent most of her time, replenishing the nutrients that she could. Of course, this was also the room where she had the pleasure of meeting all sorts of different characters – so why shouldn’t she spend her time here? Who knows whether she would have met Lena and Imogen or any of the others if they had not all been cooped up here!

Certainly, the bright sides to their situation were much preferable to dwell on than the darkness that surrounded them, or even the darkness that had been growing in her heart – fed by what she prayed were lies and feared was the truth.

She could spend her days talking with the friends she had reunited with or in here, with the glowing plants that still made her grin with delight whenever she saw them. The sight would never get old for her – magic or simply nature showing its resilience. Either way she was fascinated and found that darkness sinking further back just by being here.

Her wings tight against her sides, not wanting to take up any more room than she needed to, she brushed aside some of the dangling vines with a movement of her head only to see that right on the other side was a very tall, dark stranger. “Oops sorry! Don’t mind me. I didn’t mean to interrupt your meal!” She apologized with a warm laugh, side-stepping a bit with every intention of moving on to another spot in this lovely room to give him as much privacy as possible in these caves.

@[Vincent]

image credit
table by imi <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow

Vincent                                
   Entranced by the hair-like blades, Vincent's pink lips work mechanically at the fodder. There is a line between the instinct and condition and instinct usually wins. He wouldn't dream of crossing the dangerous line into the glowing room unless something dark and throbbing, like hunger, pushed him over the edge. When glowing eyes met glowing grass, the hunger was undeniable, sweltering starvation carved though fearful goosebumps and prodded in that sweet spot, just enough to send the frightful beast, without a question, into the unknown. It takes a lot to get Vincent to move.

With lips in the grass his barrel heaved upwards, exposing a hollow slab of ribs on each side. The poor guy had frightened himself into starvation! The demonic chases in his soul drove him to pace against the yellow fire beyond the crystal wall. Vincent must have confused the light for a meal because he certainly couldn't live without it. The Heart's fire allowed him to see, to feel the outward darkness, and let it encompass him while the light lent him warmth. The plagued ones of the outer darkness haunted him like the sound of his serpent-tongued mother. It was no wonder he felt such terror in the darkness.

The loneliness was no matter. He didn't even feel it anymore. Though he wished Archibald could be here at his side tasting the marvelous foliage, his thoughts wound up without him. He revered upon the sweet things in life, the good things he'd come across. This glowing presence brought him the most relief in a long time. Weary and spent, he could only rethink the few moments like this: they were fuzzy, shrouded like a fog was lingering in the near distance. He felt the candied taste of a summer's afternoon and how twilight could bound softly forth upon the grass, turning the sky pink. He remembered golden lines upon the clouds, drawn by the sun himself. He could almost feel the cool dusky air as it swirled upon the knolls, tousling inky strands when it passed him by. For the first time Vincent thought about serenity and beauty, that he'd only witnessed few times.

To much surprise, Vincent did not bat one golden eye or tremble once at the presence of the painted Pegasus. He noticed her as a herd would welcome a piece of the family with a toss of his bulky mane and a slow swish of his tail. Politely, he shifted broad hindquarters, lifting his black crest to gaze at the much smaller girl. Vincent flicked his ears with a little flutter of anticipation growing in his belly as she apologized for her company. "N-no, you're quite al-alright," he said with a small smile, gold eyes glowing as he felt the most happiness he ever had, none of it he could explain.

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

ALYSANNE.
Paint with all the colours of the wind

As it always did, being greeted by a smile on a stranger’s face absolutely transformed Alysanne. Although she would have been happy to leave him to his own – curious as she might be about him she was never one to impose her presence on anyone – she was always happy to come across someone new. Being welcomed by a smile such as the one that she received then? One of her favourite moments to experience and she hoped that she’d never forget the way her own smile would brighten those emerald eyes in response.

And lately it had become her favourite even more, for it was a great deal easier to focus solely on this simple, wonderful joy rather than any other darker thoughts she had been keeping down. Focusing on this conversation, here and now, was a way for her to continue moving and breathing.

He stumbled over the words telling her that she could stay, though she still felt bad about interrupting his meal so she offered a hesitant “If you’re sure” while watching for signs that he might change his mind. Once certain that she wouldn’t be chased off, she nudged at the mosses with her hooves, grinning still. “It seems good fortune that we’re stuck down here during the winter – up top we wouldn’t be eating so well!” The grasses down here might not be the tastiest of options and she was only just getting used to the texture of the moss but they were something. She only wished that more of those that were down here would give them a chance – winter made everyone hungry but she had seen a number that were skinnier than they needed to be. Was not everyone aware of the treasures that waited in this room? Alysanne still tried to do what she could, telling those that were hesitant which mosses were safe to eat.

She reflected on how she had seen mares shy away from others – especially stallions – that were taller. And though he was certainly bigger, she didn’t feel afraid of this golden-eyed stallion – there were so many other things worthy of being afraid of right now. Someone with a small smile like that was certainly not one of them. “I’m Alysanne.” She offered in that warm, clear voice. “What’s your name?”

image credit
table by imi <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries