the Rift

Nomad man

Cowboy Posts: 22
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 3 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Cowboy!
A country boy can survive

It sure felt good to be out on his own, he could do as he pleased whenever the feeling came over him. He smirked lightly to himself as he moved forward through the trees. He had been on his own now for a few days, and had yet to encounter anyone. He didn't really mind all that much, he could really careless if he never saw another soul. The slowly chestnut roan colt wasn't much for needing company. Soft multicolored eyes gazed easily around taking in all the sights not wanting to miss a thing. He pelt was slowly shifting from solid red to roan as his foal coat slowly hair by hair fell away. His body was encased in muscles, but he didn't look very strong; as young creatures never do. His eyes were of two hues, one blue like the spring sky, one light brown, like the leather bag upon his shoulder. Now the thing that caught the most attention was the odd marking on his rear left leg. The moon covered his hip, with a ribbon of white wrapped around his cannon bone ending just above his hoof. He had been born with the white marking, and the color never faded from pristine snow.

The colt's ears pricked and swiveled carefully drawing in the sounds around him; and he was greeted by a very welcome sound. The brook was babbling away jumping and splashing over ice as it went on it's marry way. Cowboy picked up the pace in excitement, thirst gripped his tongue like sand paper. The six month old hadn't found much water since he had left his home heard. As the colt trotted through the light dusting of snow he thanked the gods for the thick knot of trees above him for keeping the snow thin here. When he finally found the water he had to through his sharp black hooves against the ice a few times before it gave way allowing him to drink greedily.

"The Twang" "Ideas"
Words: 332
Tags: @[Nato] open

[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

The bitter cold had settled within the lands vast and brushed delicately with the treacherous streaks of glittering ivory. Among the sea of snowflakes a silhouette of obsidian, stood carved out amongst the towering dusted pine. Fibers thickened due to the season he stood facing into the breeze, although gentle its cold finger tips still brushing against the skin, ruffling the sleek fur with bruising indentions. Long treads twist and mingle upon the curvature of his arched neck; crimson pools aglow with shimmering light appeared to be haunting, an endless depth of blood-red sea, always brooding in thought, calculating situations.

He stood near the freezing liquid the streams through the Threshold, knowing well that it would attract all life forms that would eventually wander into view. Although he was thirsty, he dare not touch velvet lips to the icy waters, frozen enough already it would crash down like rocks within his stomach no matter how soothing to his dry throat. It was then, rustic color blurred against the white. Perhaps he had gone unnoticed due to the lack of movement; his bones remained frozen as crown lifted sharp ruby eyes resting upon a young roan child as he pranced to the water’s edge.

Gently the snow was falling, and the obsidian knight watched the child drink the icy waters rapidly, steam erupting from his nostrils as he breathed in the air around him. He was a little young to be out on his own in the dead of winter, where was his mother? Perhaps the poor wee-thing was lost. With nothing better to do, he decided to investigate and shifted his weight massive ink daggers punching against the slush and ice.

"This is not the place to be alone boy." Vocals were deep, serious and laced with a hint of concern for the roan youth standing at the waters base, noting the boys dual toned eye colors. Polished weapon elevated against the gray skies as he gazed down upon the colt. "Many dangers lay hidden in these lands, where is your dam?" He inquired, shooting a glance around from side to side in question to the ware ‘bouts of his kin.

@[Cowboy]
Nato

Adoptable

Cowboy!
A country boy can survive

The water was bitterly cold, but he was parched to the point of dehydration, and he basked in the taste of the freezing water, it was clear and crisp. He had been wrapped up in his body's need that he had not noticed the looming figure beside the brook. His head flew up, orbs and ears alike searching for the creature he suddenly knew was close at hand. As his multi-hued gaze fell on the black and white stallion he stood straighter, steam puffing from dilating nostrils. He took in the scarlet eyes as well as the crocked pointed horn. He watched the stallion with cautious, yet unconcerned eyes. It wasn't in his nature to be scared, if you were to see him running, you better run as well because there must be a Grizzly bear behind him. Cowboy's face let into a slow smile as he looked up into the much large stud's eyes. Then he all but heard his mother yelling at him to be polite and he dipped his head slightly in respect. Listening closely his crocked smile grew slightly as he heard the stern yet slightly worried tone.

He cocked his moon covered leg and relaxed, sure this black and white splashed unicorn meant him no harm. 'Ha I guess I am cocky, just like momma said.' He thought lazily as the stallion asked where his mother was. He couldn't help the slightly sarcastic answer that burst from his lips, "I reckon she is at home sir. I left my heard, I need to get out on my own, I 'spose'. The names' Cowboy, it's a pleasure." His voice was only a hint of the gravely thunder it would be in the future. He loved his mother without a shadow of doubt, and he missed her dearly, but he could not live under her strict hooves. He wanted to play and do stupid things, that she did not approve of. He would not soon forget her gentle voice, with that deadly venom behind it, 'As if she was a rattler.' He thought chuckling inwardly. He would miss her soft eyes and playful nudges when he was down, but it would only make him more of a man.

"The Twang" "Ideas"
Words: 371
Notes: It's going to take me a bit to get his way of speaking down, my bf talks like that, but I don't so it's hard lol. Idk if you want me to tag you all the time or not so just yell at me if it bothers you lol. @[Nato]

[Image: commission_cowboy_copy_by_poolpaw-d9xaagi.png]     [Image: 57042ce5d562d]
Please tag

Hidden Account
Candy

Crimson pools glanced over the colt, wondering what had become of his family while the awkward silence slithered around them like snakes at their feat. It was lucky for the little roan fellow, that he had crossed paths with a newly formed personality, back in the good old days bloodshed was something he didn’t refrain from, killing equine foals wouldn’t bother him so much now, if he didn’t crave to have at least one last child upon his hilt. And for a moment, he thought of Dexter and what had become of him, alive or in death his son was probably parading around wrecking havoc across hell.

Lobes slicked forth, the furry entrapments pointed upon the foal as if pistols waiting fire. The child’s native tongue was strange, and the obsidian demon didn’t quite like it much. Leaving home would teach him nothing, learning from your elders would teach you everything.

"Foolish boy." He spat, lobes slicking against his skull as he lowered his head and gazed into the dual-toned eyes. "What do you know about being on your own thus far?" He questioned polished weapon mingling between the colts ears, given his size he was not even a year old, not even close. Silly child would be facing a death sentence within the cold grip of winter, unattended, lost with nothing more to learn then how to die.

"What is it you seek child?" He inquired, standing watch over the delicate rust stain that stood before him. What innocent reflections in his eyes were almost envied by the obsidian stallion as he returned a faint, but warm smile to the lost soul.

Tags: @[Cowboy]
Words: 276
oOc: lol no worries. <3
Nato

Adoptable

Cowboy smiled easily at the stallion before thinking, 'He looks like a curled up snake, just watin' for the perfect second.' The colt stood leg cocked relaxing, making them look like a very odd couple indeed. His blue and beige eyes roved over the monochromed paint in front of him. He couldn't help thinking of his own slowly roaning pelt. Most of his body was still a deep scarlet chestnut. Except his ribs, where the red was speckled, much like a Robin's egg, with silvery white hair. he was proud of his coloring, because it looked like his mother's, besides the moon marking anyway. As the ebony and alabaster stallion spoke Cowboy's eyes moved slowly to the horn between his ears before moving painfully slow back to the blood eyes.

Fighting with elders was a very big no-no, but to the young colt, you got what you dealt. Cowboy allowed the older man to speak his mind before he allowed his own satellite dishes to slid back to tacked against his ruby hued skull. He lowered his own head fuzzy foal mane already showing to be wild laying on a very uneven part. "Mister, I don' mean to be rude, but.." He paused, his voice deadly calm before speaking eyes locking onto the other's, "You will not be gettin' away with actin rude to me." Steady orbs glared calmly into the crimson eyes set on the blackest of black canvas. Slowly and carefully he shifted his weight evenly among his sharp foal hooves eyes never leaving the others.

Sure he was young, and dumb, but he would not allow someone to ignore an invitation to deliver their name before conversing. He thought over the man's question silently, his gaze never wavering. His voice was slow and drawn out, picking his words from the garden that was his soul, "Mister, I search for my own life. I seek my own future an' my own mind. My mother wouldn't let me be myself.." He let his voice drift slightly before speaking once more, "I told you my name, will you not return with ours." Cowboy braced himself ready for the whoppin' he was sure was about to come. In his family back-talk was unheard of and dealt with swiftly, everyone in the heard had the right to punish this however you saw fit. Cowboy raised his head defiantly eyes bright almost daring him to strike. 'I'll be damned if I make a sound neither.' He thought waiting calmly for the beating.

"Speech"'Thoughts'
Tag;; @[Nato]
Word Count;;417
OOC;;Sassy country boy, makes me think of my boyfriend lol

Please tag

Hidden Account
Candy

The stallion couldn’t help but laugh, his voice masculine and laced with amusement toward the boy. Pools of vivid ruby never sway from the colt’s rather peculiar stance. A wiser colt might have turned and run, perhaps even swaddle in fear at the sight of another foreign stallion. The way the words rolled off his tongue was rather interesting, where had the boy come from? And what a horrible job his mother had done with such... potential.

As the beady eyed colt lowered its head, and his mild statement, perhaps even a treat poured from his innocent lips. The stallion had to remind himself, this colt had probably never seen blood, nor been involved in any other violent act to make him so relaxed in the shadow of a stranger that with one mighty blow would end such a life.

"Rude? They’re mere questions my boy." Words fired from his lips, stern and hearty as he watched the colt move in the slightest bit, he had expected the child to run, and dart out into danger. It’s the dwindling thought that he might stop him from escaping that bothered the stallion. Why should he care? The boy, Cowboy, wasn’t of his blood nor his concern.

Advancing toward the colt, eyes curious, his steps well placed as he crossed the small frozen brook. Icy waters splashing against his hooves as he paused inches away from the cold colt who called himself cowboy; "My name is Nato, and you young cowboy stand in a land called Helovia. Its no place for the youth to be prancing around alone." He finished coldly. Lowering his muzzle down to be eye level with the rusty fiend.

"I hail from a place, Worlds Edge. Safe, warmer than here; Perhaps young Cowboy, you should accompany me on your adventure." He stated, wondering if the colt would like to be adopted into his world for a while, at least until he was old enough to handle is own, should a stray stag come along for the challenge. "Lots of fun to be had there." He finished with a smile curving upon his lips.

Tags: @[Cowboy]
Words: 358
oOc: Might take a while for Nato to warm up to Cowboy. But they’ll have fun xD <3
Nato

Adoptable
The red roan colt could not help but smirk as the Ebony white splashed stallion let loose a deep laugh. His muti hued eyes never left the larger stallions. Cowboy knew he was not really prepared to fight the stallion, he had never been in a real fight, but the gods knew he would try. Even being from another land his heard had worshiped the Goddess that ruled over the moon and he would follow the Moon Goddess until he died. The two males gazed at each other as the silence stretched on. To him the older male's accent was strange; almost everyone from his heard had the same draw that Cowboy bore.

He pricked his ears to carefully catch each word. Like a child might hunter butterflies with a net, he examined the tone behind the words. Slowly he raised his head back up, standing in his proud but relaxed manner. he allowed his orbs to look closer at the stallion. He took in the sharp spiral horn, admiring the deadly intention behind it. The colt had never watched another die, but he had seen death, as well as horses that had been on it's door step. He had seen blood after wolves attacked a heard stallion. Cowboy had not shied from the sight. He had not been frightened or intrigued, just numb to the gore.

His dark chestnut cranium lifted higher chin sticking out stubbornly as he gazed into the stranger's crimson eyes. Was he seeing what he thought he was there? He kept his stance proud, yet relaxed showing the true Cowboy. Once again the stallion's words interested the young colt. 'Nato.' He repeated silently to himself, storing the name away carefully. He bristled slightly as Nato implicated he had been prancing. 'Helovia, what a strange name.' He stood his ground while the much larger stallion lowered his spiked head level with his.

Tiny nostrils quivered drawing in Nato's strange scent memorizing it; carefully attaching it to his name and image. The words of safety and warmth peaked his interest. He had not been expecting the stallion's invitation to go home with him. Cowboy studied him warily his tiny head tilting. He waited before replying making sure not to interrupt the stallion. He wondered if there was other his age there. Nato smiled and seemed friendly enough. He shrugged inwardly and let his foal voice roll from his tongue, "It's a pleasure Mister Nato." He paused gathering his thoughts silently before continuing, "I accept your offer, and will follow you back." Cowboy watched him once more ready to follow him home, to the edge.

"Speech"'Thoughts'
Tag;; @[Nato]
Word Count;; 473
OOC:; That's ok ^^ Can you please start a new thread for them in the Edge?

Please tag