the Rift

[OPEN] The Blue

Aeryc Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
<style="padding:5px;">

“Much better,” he murmured as the salt sprayed up at him. This was much more like home, much different than the cold, frigid land he'd been presented with at the threshold. His wings tucked up against his sides, tired from the journey. It was a good kind of tired, the sort of exhaustion he'd missed from when he'd traveled so often at the side of his mother. Aeryc missed her more than he cared to admit, but it was time to move on - to forget about her and about everything he'd ever known. It was time to start anew. The sea licked at his hocks, leaping up occasionally to darken his otherwise ebony legs. His head would dip low, neck arcing handsomely toward the ocean. He looked as if he might drink from the salty surf, but alas he would merely flare his nostrils - breathing in the strong salty scent of the water. It was delightful.

With much reservation he pivoted, moving parallel to the sea with no particular destination in mind. He had no clue where this beach led, but he had a feeling he was about to find out. The sand quaked beneath his weight, shifting and sifting beneath his hooves. The sound of the waves lulled him into a sense of security as he paced along the length of the beach. Though this land was much warmer than the threshold, it was nowhere near as warm as it could be. Winter had taken its toll here too, leaving the colors of the ocean less saturated than they should be. These dulled colors painted a less interesting picture, but he loved it all the same. Tail swished behind him as the long fingers of wind combed through it and his mane, untangling the knots as they went.

To his right, the sea revealed a few of its creatures. Whales poked their heads up from the choppy ocean waters, spraying out collected water and breathing in life-giving oxygen. He admired them out of one amethyst eye, the other focusing on his opposite side where rock shelves lined up parallel to one another. His pace slowed to a half-speed walk as his hooves lazily carried him forward.

“speech,”

Notes | 367 words, tags: @[Cheveyo] & @[Aurelia]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Cheveyo's multi-hued pelt shivered and quivered excitedly as her ivory dipped limbs pulled her frame easily from the entrance to the Edge. The Edge was so very different than the Foothills that she had once called home, here there were trees sprouted up everywhere you looked and the snow seemed to linger and cling to anything it possibly could. Where back in the gently rolling hills she expected the snow to be slowly creeping away to reveal the muddy mess of grass and soil beneath it, for a moment her heart panged sadly, feeling as if she had deserted her family who cared for her. But from what she had heard the new leaders of what had been the Foothills were of some kind of Mercenary group that she had no desire to be a part of.
Snorting softly the mare shook her skull before angling her route towards the shore line. It had been a long time since she had seen the ocean. In fact, it had been so long that the mare could hardly conjure up the smell of the salty waves or the sound of the frothy white heads beating against the white sandy shore. She knew that some creatures would be in a very depressed state after not having seen the ocean in so long, not felt the slam of salted air against their faces, or the way their weight tortured the terrain beneath them; but Cheveyo wasn't that worried. The sting of the salt wasn't her most desired feeling in the world. But she would admit that it was a peacefully beautiful place.
And peace was just what the doctor ordered.
Everything that had been going on recently was mind-boggling, not long ago they had been locked up in the rabbit holes wandering around without a home or any kind of idea as to what was going on upstairs, while in those tunnels she had met someone. A bay stallion with bright emerald eyes and beautiful wings that caught on fire on command. It didn't help any that he was soft spoken and his touch caused a fire to light in her belly that she had never felt before. Just thinking about him on her short trek to the beach caused her flesh to squeeze together in goosebumps. Sighing gently the lady warrior pushed the thoughts of the steed from her mind, thinking about him was just causing more turmoil in her mind as she didn't understand the feelings she was having for him.
Chestnut harks that were normally pressed back against her skull and into her flaxen blonde tresses flicked forwards at the sound of the approaching waves. The constant white noise had her harks flickering about trying to catch onto just one of them and failing as the salty air began to press against her snowy features relentlessly. Goosebumps that had lined her flesh beneath her thick winter coat quickly faded with the change in temperature from frigid to somewhat warm when the sight of something moving down the waterline caught her orchid hued pools. A winged beast who was blue in hue was easily walking through the sand and water as if he were just walking in the grass and soil their type was used too.
Shaking her skull and nape gently to air her tresses out a bit the warrior kicked up her heels and trotted towards the other animal, loosing a nicker as she grew close enough to be heard. Greeting him in their traditional way before parting her rosy kissers to allow a single lyric through. "Hello." A light smile decorated her painted features but harks remained at a neutral position as she waited to see if he would be a friend or someone she should slam into the ocean's current now.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Aeryc] && @[Aurelia]
Words;; Six Hundred and Thirty Four
OOC;; Sorry this took so long dears.

Original Image

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Aurelia</style>

I've met many horses on this beach. Well, not MANY MANY, but many. I met the Earth God here, and not to mention a few of his loyalists. The King of Earth seems like a nice guys and all, but he must be extremely busy all the time. Or maybe he just doesn't like us. I do not see him around, perhaps he is tired of me and my friends begging him for things to deck us out. If he really didn't like us, though, he'd give us powers when we first cone here so he does not have to come up from the earth and interact with us.

I walk on the sandy beach. The sand tickling my hooves and the often salty sprays of the ocean keeping me refreshed. The weather is chilly, but I ignore it. I am happy to be out of the underground cave and back up here, roaming around. Although I met some interesting horses down there is the cave system of rooms, I would not want to do it again. It was hot, there was no breeze, and the muting sound of silence in some areas freaked me out.

But now I am here, on the beach.

The waves of stirring water pounding against the golden shoreline in an effort to soak everyone and Helovia. The ocean listens to the wind, getting rallied up every time a gust of wind shatters the air. The expanse of the blue lipped liquid was seemingly endless with no boundaries. The ocean is a force to be reckoned with.

That is why I avoid water.

Horses die easily while swimming. Some water in you lungs? Dead. A shark attack? Dead. A whirlpool? Dead. There are a lot of incidents where you can die. These are just a few of the millions. Then, I see strangers. I pick my pace up from a walk to a canter and easily close the gap between us. Sand flying behind me as each powerful step lunges me forward a few feet. I am a powerful animal.

Too bad I can't fight.

I slither to a stand still when close to them. A stallion and a mare. Siblings? Friends? Enemies? Lovers? I M curious as to know why these horses are here when danger still lurks. "Hello! I am Aurelia." I smile at them, my confidence and sweetness leading my tone towards them.

Are these ones nice?

Walk walk walk walk walk
talk talk talk talk
ooc:; <3
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.