the Rift

[OPEN] There's no Help Inside

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

My body quivers continuously, each muscle group taking their turns; right shoulder, left flank, both ears, bottom lip, under belly. I am slowly dying, malnourishment and dehydration likely the cause, but I can't narrow it down, I'm not a fucking doctor. All I know is that I hurt, everywhere, and I am constantly hungry, even if I've eaten all day long my belly is not satisfied. My coat has become ugly from where I have rubbed against rock walls and leaned against whatever could support my weight when nearly falling unconscious. My eyes are tired and surely my eye lids are kept slightly dropped as I feel so miserably sleepy. But here I am, alive.. Sort of.

The beach had brought me so much joy and pain all at the same time: we are still a live race -equines, unicorns and pegasi all- and we have once again raised our heads in the darkness to find our way out. The monsters have become less lively and abundant, and I have not seen one since the day I witnessed one crumble into a heap of rotting meat and bleached bones. "RUN!" Seele screams in my head. She hadn't just said "run," she had actually had an explaination, but whatever it was I have forgotten, lost in the heat of the moment. Then there was that fucking annoying Pegasus that came back around, acting as if she was blind.. What was that about? People's' fucking kids these days.

My legs shake under my weight as I move forward, all the while thinking all of this random nonsense to myself. The sound of water trickling nearby catches my attention, and when I would usually pick up a brisk, flowy trot and find the water immediately, I instead continue to slowly pace forward with my head hung low. Step by step the water in getting closer, and my surroundings are of very minimal interest until I can see the moving creek. Immediately my mouth wants to water, saliva trying to pool on and under my tongue, but I lack the needed hydration and instead remain cotton mouthed and parched. Ferns and thin, white barked trees that I can recal daddy-dearest calling "Alders" poke from the ground and reach high into the air.. They're getting taller by the second, rising still at such a fast pace.

SMACK
Okay, it wasn't the trees rising, it was my body falling to the floor. Thankfully the earth here is padded with soft moss and forgiving dirt, along with random sprouts of grass and weeds, otherwise I would have probably broken something. My left legs folded under me as I fell, tipping me over onto my left side where I now lay, face extended out, lips almost reaching the waters that flow just below the ground level. It teases me, continuing to move as I reach out desperately, my bony body refusing to give me anything else than it already has. So much wasted energy when I was running, especially on the beach, that reallly was what probably fucked me over. Shaky draws and expels of air one after the other, violet eyes glazed over with past -and apparently- present tears that somehow once again trickle down my face.

Tagged: Open
Ooc: Maybe a healer needed, maybe just someone who will help her not die? Lol.
"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
i swear there's no more silver lining
cause i'm all out of breath

image credits
table by whit

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adele & Vera

'You're sure that's all you remember?' Vera's voice is impatient, desperate. Jealous even, that Adele was the one who had remembered a few pieces of their past.
'Yes, Vera, I'm sure. Just names and faces, and an occasional relation to the said names and faces,' Adele stated simply, still incredibly happy with herself knowing she had remembered something. It really wasn't much, but it was a start. Amnesia was difficult to get over, often times the victims never regain their memory. Adele was somewhat lucky remembering names and faces and relationships, although it was tricky to deal with. She recognized Ophelia in her memories, but not any specific instance in which she had done things with the fem. No relationship came to Adele's mind when she remembered Ophelia, so she assumed the mare was just a friend of some sort.
Adele's memories were scattered, sketchy at best. They came in no order when she asked for them, and rarely was able to remember them. The names and faces were easiest for her, yet they left her wondering what had happened to the horses.
Her father, Terrador, seemed nowhere to be found, nor her mother or Peixos, Maipe, any of her siblings with the exception of Tyradon. A worrying thought, really. She prayed they were okay, but scolded them for not looking for her in her time of need. If your sister or daughter had disappeared, you'd look for her, correct?
Adele puffed a breath of condensation at the thought, though dismissed it with little anger. Perhaps it was time she revisit her half-brother, pay him another visit. He resided near her location, so why not?
The red and blue mare floated through the forest at an easy trot, headed for the Ancient Rotunda, where she had found Tyradon in the first place. It was a serene place - perfect for dwelling on her memories. What's left of them, anyways.
Once the pair reached the Rotunda, what they saw was definitely unexpected. Adele halted her lengthy trot, frozen in shock, blue eyes wide. A unicorn laid upon her side, obviously weak or else she wouldn't be in such a condition.
Vera sprung into the air from her perch on Adele's hide, her sour attitude dissipating at the sight of a mare in need. The ivory reptile landed by the unicorn's side, her pale eyes glancing back to Adele. 'She needs help,' Vera spoke through the bond, turning her attention back to the unicorn. The dragon wasn't being kind or concerned, she was more interested in how the mare had come to be like this. Whatever help the dragon was enlisting was brought out of curiosity rather than compassion.
But then Vera got the strangest vision of Adele. She was much smaller, but manipulating the earth to her will, it seemed. It was gone in a flash but the dragon knew what it was. 'Use your magic!' Vera commanded. Adele shot a confused glance at the dragon.
'Right, use the magic I don't have,' Adele whimpered through the bond. 'Trust me, it's earth magic,' Vera piped, a determined sound to her voice. Adele huffed and looked at the stream, an idea forming in her mind. It would make sense to start with giving the stranger water. The red and blue mare moved forward, around the back side of the unicorn. She looked at the space between the mare's muzzle and the brook. To her ultimate surprise, the earth began to move, float in a thin line between the unicorn's lips and the water to create a ditch of sorts. Water flowed through it and to the mare.
It was magic. Adele's magic. She didn't even know it existed, but Vera had come across a memory of it. This time it was the pale, ivory dragon whose memory had prevailed.
Adele moved around the mare to stand by Vera, standing a few feet from her. "Hey, I'm Adele, and this is Vera," She stated, nodding to the dragon. Vera offered a friendly chirp to the mare at the sound of her name.
"We're going to help you, all right?"

Adoptable

My violet eyes grow black as pupils dilate behind fluttering eyelids, the soft crackle of earth beneath feet echoing through the ground an into my head. The scent came next, though my eyes refuse to peel open. Help me, I want to murmer, but my voice stays in my head. Suddenly the ground just infront of my face is occupied, a soft thud announcing the arrival of something that I cannot quite place by the scent. Curious eyes attempt to open, but faltering strength only allows another flutter of eyelashes against my dark fur. Hooves beat toward me, then around my backside; with this a scense of paranoia allows my face to lift just inches away from the earth, front legs both twitching as if I were going to jump up from the earth. Violet eyes land on some sort of fire before they snap shut again and my muscles fail, bringing me to another stand still.

The earth makes a cracking sound, as if it's tearing apart or falling into small pieces. Then the water is just below my lips, I can taste the change of air, and hear the soft bubble of moving water. Without having any care to whether I'm right or not, my dry tongue lolls out from between dark lips and touches the cool liquid, sucking back into my mouth. "Hey, I'm Adele, an this is Vera. We're going to help you, alright?" A chirp comes from what I guess is this "Vera," and I peel exhausted eyes open again. Standing now above me is a strange colored mare, the fire that I had spotted flickering off of her body. A crooked smile cracks dry lips, a confused laugh bubbling out of my chest.

Before I reveal my name or even attempt to speak, I eyeball the miniature dragon that sits by me, her body covered in white scales. My mug reaches out slowly, the most miserable of groans seeping from my body as I attempt to rock myself upward in order to sip at the water. Lips plunge into the narrow path and I suck away quickly, nearly choking on the massive amount of water I consume. A cough muffled by the water sends a wake of tiny waves and foamy bubbles scattering away, breaking and popping on the edges of its contained spaces. This goes on for what feel like forever, but probably took a few minutes to tire myself out again and lean back onto my side, water sloshing around in my otherwise empty belly.

I sigh, rocking my face to the right, attempting to look at the mare, unless she had moved. My antler that presses against the ground helps me balance my face upward for a moment. "Why did you help me?" my thick voice creaks, the usual raspiness sounding even more gravely than it usually would due to inhaling water. Lilac pools shift from the reptile and back to the mare, attempting to remember her from perhaps any past meetings. Surely I would have remembered her though. Each blink is long and slow, eyes having a difficult time refocusing after each reopening.

Tagged: @[Adele]
"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
i swear there's no more silver lining
cause i'm all out of breath

image credits
table by whit

Unregistered

Adele & Vera

A shaky sigh of relief left Adele's lungs, her breathe coming out as condensation when she saw the stranger drink from the canal the mare had constructed for her. It was a way to help the horned beast without having to come into contact with her. If the mare was actually some demon spawned from the depths of whatever hell existed in this world, then Adele surely did not wish to be dragging her to a bit of water. You can't be too safe in this land ridden with monsters and gods alike.
Adele hadn't moved an inch when the stranger turned to face her. The red and blue fem stood frozen, watching the creature intently with her blue, flecked with orange, eyes. She was perplexing, fun to watch and observe. To learn from.
"Why did you help me?"
Adele's choked on her words, the mare's voice sounding raspy and horrifying. She began to wonder how long the leviathan had gone without water or food in general, for that was not the tone of any healthy being.
"I've never seen someone die before, and I don't want to," Adele spoke softly, feeling borderline uncomfortable caught underneath the stranger's mauve gaze. She hadn't even introduced herself, yet had the guts to ask her savior a question. "I especially don't want to greet death if I can do something to keep him from coming," The red and blue mare finished.
That was partially the reason as to why she had helped her. Adele was also curious as to who this mare was, why she had come to close to becoming just another cadaver to be decomposed. After all, curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
'Ask her how she got this way,' Vera spoke in the bond, her tone dripping with excitement as her ivory eyes continued to observe the stranger. Adele hesitated, realizing she didn't even know who the mare was. 'I don't know her name or anything, Vera,' Adele's voice was tentative in reply, though showed no sign of a dubious attitude outwardly. 'So? In the grand scheme of things, a name is but a name.'
The dragon, as simple minded as she was, had a point. In the end, their thoughts and experiences would die with them, never to be known by any others. Oblivion would reign the world, so why would a name have to mean anything? Adele could just dub the stranger Leviathan and get out of here after she had answers.
"What happened to you?" Adele blurted, words slightly rushed. Her eyes danced with the spirit of inquiry, features looking innocent. She craved an answer, thoughts racing at every possibility, for they were endless, each one coming quicker than the last. It was strange, for even though Adele could ponder a million possibilities, only one would be correct. Or they could all be wrong, every million. This is why she loathed infinities.

--

@[Agrona]

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

As the liquid slams down my throat - harsh sputters occasionally breaking the cycle - I can feel pure relief coat my throat and release a bubble into a now very upset belly, but carelessly I continued without much thought until I stopped to speak. The mare who's body was constantly dancing with very much alive flames answered with a soft voice, stating that she hadn't seen anyone die, and that she would rather not apparently. A wicked laugh gurgles out of my throat, a wet and possibly foul sound. "I especially don't want to greet death if I can keep him from coming." By this point I have completely swallowed the water that had before sat on a satisfied tongue.

My face pulls upward, but tired and still very weak muscles only allow that to happen for a few seconds before I have to set my face back to the ground. "Death is always close by Flames," I clear my throat, a smile appearing across dark lips before continuing. "Even if you can't see him. He's a good friend of mine. Not a bad guy." My tired eyes peer up to the bi-colored mare, the smile still stained onto my mug. "Thanks Flames.." The words hold a massive amount of appreciation behind them, even though they probably sound just as bland and rough as the bad joke before.

My open eye twitches and nostrils rattle noisily with a sigh, the mare who's name I cannot remember off of the tip of my tongue, but is stained into my subconscious, perks up: "What happened to you?" The question is nothing more than what I expect, and it just causes me to giggle for a moment before actually pondering what had happened to me. "Well, I was apparently the only fucking one left here while everyone ran away or something. The gods zapped everyone in Helovia into the sky while I sat down here and watched the world turn black and zombies fucking kill one another and fall apart right in front of my eyes." I stare at the mare, Adele, her name finally popping into my head. An overwhelming amount of images from my memory flood my brain and I can feel the tears streaming over eyelids.

Tagged: @[Adele]
Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Unregistered

Adele & Vera

"Death is always close by Flames."
Shivers were sent up Adele's spine at the words. Her blue, orange-flecked orbs flicked back to her flaming tail. Was she talking about her fire? Certainly not. It was harmless. The real question was: is this stranger simply metaphoric, prophetic, even or out of her mind?
"Even if you can't see him. He's a good friend of mine. Not a bad guy. Thanks Flames.."
Definitely out of her mind. Adele nodded her head slowly, acknowledging the mare's nonsense while trying to figure it out. They could hold different meanings as well. Gods, back to the infuriating infinities.
A giggle fell from the mare's lips, causing Adele to become even more perplexed by her. What was so funny? Perhaps there was a joke littered in her words. She didn't know. She didn't know if she even wanted to know.
"Well, I was apparently the only fucking one left here while everyone ran away or something. The gods zapped everyone in Helovia into the sky while I sat down here and watched the world turn black and zombies fucking kill one another and fall apart right in front of my eyes."
Adele nodded her head once more, sympathy flashing in her eyes. It must've been hard: being utterly demented and stuck in a land of total destruction. The red and blue mare, for once in her life, was speechless.
'What's with Miss Grumpy Goat?' Vera questioned through the bond, her lips falling apart slightly, eyes squinted in concentration as she contemplated the horned creature before them.
'Ha ha, very funny,' Adele retorted, her gaze momentarily shifting to the ivory reptile. 'Well, if she was a bit shorter, she would very much resemble a goat, dontcha think?' Vera stated, returning the mare's scrutiny while it lingered on her. The thought had never once flittered into Adele's mind, nor did she belief it to be much more than a pathetic insult. 'Nice try,' Adele commented, turning back to the heap of insanity before them.
"I'm sorry to hear that you had to grow through such an apocalyptic string of events," Adele began, carefully considering every word as they tumbled slowly from her lips as the mare began to tear up a bit. "Could we be of any further assistance to you?" Adele asked sincerely. She didn't know what was more insane: the mare whom she didn't even know the name of or the fact that she just offered her more help.

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I hear bitchy bitch.

It's the mare from the woods, but she sounds annoying. This is the perfect time to trip her and watch her fall (metaphorically speaking. Agrona would be very hard to actually trip.) "I sat down here and watched the world turn black and zombies fucking kill one another and fall apart right in front of my eyes." I'm hidden in the shadows when I locate her. She speaks of the sadness happening in Helovia right now. As she does I notice a building. A shelter of sorts. Was this the work of gods or helovian crafters?

I'm not sure and I'm not focusing on that right now.

"Pity you" My voice is strong and brave as I step out of shadows and walk towards them. "I can't believe you had to watch dead horses fall. Well guess what Agrona...? [b]I was one of them. You can't cry until you've felt the grasp of darkness tug as you, then as you try to leave, it restrains you and you are stuck a wraith. I was swallowed by darkness, fog injecting it's disease in me."[/b] I stare at her, trying to make her feel small like she made me feel when i was young. "The gods didn't tell us to go to a cave system, we were just smart enough. You were just stupid, mare. Hey, but if you want we can go to the shadow lands and you can take a glorious mud bath?" Then get suck into the mud and suffocate.

Now I acknowledge the other mare. "I am Aurelia." My voice is steady and smooth like marble, but far from cold. I am just sick of getting picked on over and over and over. Big bullies like Agrona needs to get of their high horse and chill the hell out.

I swear... Agrona has some serious problems.

ooc:; i couldnt resist xD

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Sympathy falls flat from my savior's mouth, but I am already back in my pool of pity that I have created. The tears are very short termed, and barely enough is gathered to get three tears to slide down my dark face. I bat my eyes multipul times, inhaling sharply, wanting to ask the two- toned mare to stay and chat. As much as I hate small talk, I want every bit of information I can get right now. But instead, another body is emerging from the woods; one that knows my name?

The dismembered voice speaks clearly, but I quickly preoccupy myself with another gulp of water as a small story -explaination perhaps suits the situation a little better- begins. Violet eyes follow the direction of my skull as I once more swing it around my shoulder, now eyeballing a strange colored mare. Her body is flecked in the faintest of golden dapples that swirl with light washed hairs, two wings nestled tightly to her sides. "I am Aurelia." She finishes, and I can feel the smug grin creep back across my lips.

The same wet laughter from a minute ago bubbles in my now happily saturated throat. "I remember you! You were the one with the Lost Brothers or whatever." Each word is laced with laughter, my snout now swinging back to Adele. "Excuse us Flames." A very tired, but very proud swing of the skull and heav of my upper body allows me to stumble to my feet, legs shivering under my weight. I know I am boney and look terrible now, but that does not cut into the pride that I will always carry. Pride that has slithered through my bloodline for decades. "So how was it little one? Did you kill anyone? It's a shame.. I paused for a second, hoping the youngster wouldn't inturupt me, "I'm actually blown away that you didn't just die."

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Unregistered

Adele & Vera

A voice, Adele is certain it is pure shadow, comes from such depths. It is feminine, young, but bold. A striking contrast compared to what Adele was used to. Then again, she herself was a striking contrast compared to what normal horses were used to. A flaming mane and tail, blue and red body, diamond-like hooves, and for the cherry on top, eerie breath that was always condensation, even when it was summer.
A mare steps from the shadows, slightly larger than herself. She was ivory, dappled with gold, graced with eyes the same color and white wings. And infuriated with the mare Adele had just finished helping - Agrona, the new mare had said, who later in her words introduced herself as Aurelia. Adele watched the scene happen with wide, innocent eyes. She was quickly dismissed from the happenings, which was perfectly fine with her.
Agrona stood, putting Adele's nerves on edge as she wobbled. She couldn't watch these mares argue with whatever false principles they had set in place to excuse their hatred for one another. After exchanging a brief look with Vera, the dragon leapt onto her reddened back.
'I hope Agrona doesn't get her hide kicked too badly after you just finished saving it,' Vera sighed with a puff of smoke. Adele smiled at the words, continuing to watch the mares. 'Didn't take that much effort, really, I regret nothing,' Adele responded, turning to walk with silent steps towards the undergrowth and trees.
With a flick of her orange, yellow, and blue tail, Adele and Vera were gone, the only evidence that they had been there at all being the canal.

--

& Adele's out c:

@[Auerlia]