the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Hidden Path (finished/closed)

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

The midday sun shone high above, reflecting brightly in the waters roaring below. The rivers ran everywhere here, cascading haphazardly over a wide variety of rock formations. Rainbows shimmered in the air, flickering and transforming as the sun moved across the sky.

From the shore of the lowest pool, a rather large wave came ashore. A figure rose out of the dampened sand, solidifying and clarifying from the large hooves to the massive wings. The God of the Earth stood and, momentarily, enjoyed the simple act of basking in the warmth that his brother provided. Though not affected as the mortals were by temperature, there was still much to be said for the relaxation that a sunny day could provide.

A moment passed, and then his voice boomed out over the sound of the roaring falls. Somehow, he managed to be both gentle and audible at the same time, a feat that won the hearts of many of his followers.

"Midas!" he called, and waited for the echo to fade. "Seele!" Again, he waited.

They would come, he was sure of it. And then, he would show them the way to their new home.

Speech speech speech

@[Midas], @[Seele]

This thread will be private until the God of the Earth has concluded his business with Midas and Seele. After that time, it will be open to members of the Hidden Falls to come home.
CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The moment that my astral father would call was expected with elation and dread, I’d slept over these past few days without the fear of failure eating my heels. But now worry was birthed from the loins of uncertainty and triple so for the concern of a family that I’d be leaving in order to fulfill this calling. “All will be well.” Fina soothed, offering her support without balking my emotions aside as weakness. She was actually thrilled with the whole idea of a new home, a new adventure (new hunting grounds)—and in time, the little phoenix knew I’d come to see this matter in a different light.

I felt that when he called I could have heard the words from a nook in the bottom of a mountain, or beneath the rumbling of tidal waves on the ocean floor. Should the Lord of Earth desire my presence he only needed to whisper the name my earthly parents had graced this form. It was today that my ears caught wind of his vocals, as I stood underneath the yaw of a tall pine; its branches are still full from the last snowfall. Misty breath rose to curl warmth around my whiskers, a blanket of frost caked the ample flesh along my spine, creating a warm pocket between myself and the cold chill. His cry set my heart to race, it rang with a strong tenderness that was promising and yearning all at once.

Fina chirped from above, noticing my aroused state. I glanced up to where she was perched on some high branch, ruffling out wings and shivering as heat fled. The corner of my lips curled up, “It’s time.” Moments later we both took off, trails of needles scattered the icy floor below as my thick wings pushed clear of the flora above. After the first few strong beats Fina fell back and to my right, hanging close to my shoulder. We race quickly, catching the currents with skilled practice. Our positioning hadn’t been very far from where Earth had summoned, the edge of dark timbers slide quickly by down below.

A little later and we were gliding above a set of magnificent cascading falls; it literally glimmered with every color you could possibly imagine, seemingly birthed from the water and sun. Various adjoining rivers cut through the landscape, sparkling brooks that appeared so pure even at this height I could notice stones of various size emerging from shallow depths. I didn’t recognize this location, but that could be said for much of the landscape that we’d just flown over. My familiar world was being left behind, and the newness of this journey would take a savage hold. Still, there was much untamed beauty in this place, a strange peace and calm offered its greeting. Even being overwhelmed by all the fresh sights and smells, it didn’t take long to pinpoint the mammoth of a man who stood near water’s edge, I smiled past the tightening that seized heart in breast.

“Hail!” rich vocals called down to the mighty one. Forelimbs already flailing apart to greet the rocky surf below—his overpowering size overshadowed my approach. Fina slipped up and grazed my haunch with her talons before sliding to rest across the firm muscles as daggers dug into the ground to steady my landing. Feathered limbs slipped into a careful fold and neck bowed forward to offer respect that was due, “Well met father.” Beside this heavenly host I appeared as a gangly fawn next to a powerful stag. Tilting gaze up my eyes found him, “The one called Seele, I’ve not been able to locate her.” There is no shame in the admission of such a statement; Helovia was a huge location to hide in.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
New things are shifting around in my soul. Marionettes' strings are being pulled in my mind as I creep forwards. The sun actually hitting my back is a miracle in and of itself and I am relishing in it. My glass hooves are glinting in the sun and I am finally prancing around. The dark edges of the new, strange voice, is no longer at the forefront of my mind. I am full of the energy I haven't felt in a while. I'm not being haunted by the desire to kill and cover myself in blood.

I don't dare to move too far forward, You'd been an idiot to. Cannot leave your family again! Innerste reminds me and I simply twist and take in the air that is swirling around me as I edge in closer and closer to the forest where I had gained so many recruits before.

Freedom. That is all I care about, really - right now at least. That is all that matters at this moment. The sun is shining and we are going to be renewed. Everything had been falling in line as of late - everything was working. It would happen. The Asylum would get a new life - I would do everything in my power to ensure that it happened.

It was as I started to really take a look at the world around me that my name began to slide through the air. I took off after it, stretching my limbs out and kicking my heels into a full-out gallop.

I'm not positive where I'm going - or even if the voice I'm hearing is real but I am still moving. And, when I arrive at the opening with various falls I am awestruck to find the looming beast of a God before me. I blink once, twice, three times and then I manage to pull my heavily breathing form together just long enough to start to move towards the side of the painted pegasus. Midas. Yes. That was his name. Strong, I didn't doubt, and someone that I had been trying to work with to give the Asylum a home not that long enough. I hear my name as I get closer and closer to him. "Sorry - caught up with some minor annoyances..." I mutter, gently dipping my cranium as I fall beside Midas and then an even deeper bow to the looming creature before the pair. "Hello there, feine Herren," I purr, allowing my lips to raise gently, "You called?"

One gentle tip of my head, and all the souls lurking in my mind fall silent for the time being as they await some kind of answer.

translations-
feine herren = fine sirs
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

Perhaps it was a part of the deity's magic, that he should know not to worry himself about their appearances. They would come, and soon. In the meantime, he gazed over his surroundings, priding himself on the rocky formations that had been carefully carved away by the waterfalls. Sure, he had started this river in the beginning, before time itself had begun, but it had taken its own course through life, just as all of his children did. And, unlike the many mortals that called Helovia home, the river did not deviate so violently and suddenly from the course he had set for it.

It was not long until a familiar cry from above drew the god's attention skyward. He favored Midas with a fatherly smile. Midas had deviated from his path almost as little as the river. Midas was steadfast and strong, qualities that had drawn him to the God of the Earth and the rocks and waters that the deity governed. These same qualities had also earned the god's favor. "Patience, my son," he replied in answer to the painted steed's statement. "She will come. She has been delayed by things beyond her control, I fear." That was all he had to say on the matter, for Seele's doings were not his to divulge. Should the pair of leaders trust one another, Midas would find out soon enough if trouble stirred behind the troubled schizophrenic, and if they did not... well, their leadership would sort itself out. He hadn't the time to babysit.

It was not long before the mare in question arrived, speaking in the strange, foreign purr that was her trademark. The God of the Earth nodded in response to her apology. "I did indeed, Seele. I did indeed." He paused for a moment, eyes cast skyward, as though thinking; one had the impression of an elderly statesman stroking his salt-and-pepper beard, absorbed in his own memories. "This land used to be the Windtossed Foothills. It has been my domain since before the beginning of time. It is lovely, perhaps more so since the recent changes that have taken place. The river, you see, has carved away what was the Foothills, and created these magnificent falls." His voice was tinged with pride, as a father might brag about a child.

"But these lands have not prospered in recent years as they once did. I am not a power-hungry god, nor am I jealous of my siblings and their lands' prosperity. I do, however, expect more. I expect that my land should have a voice in the politics of Helovia, and, quite frankly, it has not. And so, we have your task: take this land as your own. Offer shelter to those who need it. Be strong, and loyal, and above all, a voice of reason. The land needs one in these troubled times.

"Midas, you know all that I have to say to you. You have done well, leading the Throat, and I know you will do well by these lands. As for you, Seele - I have been impressed by your loyalty to your Asylum. You have helped them to prosper, and I expect the same from you here."

He paused again, brow furrowed. "I must leave you now. There is a pathway behind me. It goes behind the Falls, and will lead you to your new kingdom. Go now, and fetch your brethren to their new home." With one last gentle smile, he was gone.

Speech speech speech

This thread will be private until the God of the Earth has concluded his business with Midas and Seele. After that time, it will be open to members of the Hidden Falls to come home.
CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

It felt natural to stand here by the one who had carved these rivers and mountains, as if this was where I’d been molded toward belonging since the beginning of my life. Perhaps the Sun understood his brother’s desire and thus didn’t argue or question the claim when Earth called a child into action. All the respect in the world for Sun and Moon couldn’t erase memories born from a lifelong tradition of pledging to this deity. Unmarred crown dripped low toward chest when his rich voice answered my mortal concerns and schooled worries. Those strong, gentle eyes held me with no rebuke towards my impatience.

Not long after he spoke, the dark mare I’d been unable to locate emerged into our glade. The glimmering metal hanging across breast shifted as I turned to glance back as her crimson tinted body that came swaying in from the timbers— those feminine sunlit eyes shifted up to first regard our Lord, those same pools widened with a familiar shock. I simply couldn’t resist finding amusement in that almost childlike stare, and allowed the gentle curve of lips to break apart the mold of my façade. The stunned expression only lasted a moment before Seele recovered and was studying me.

My smile widened at her words, taking more of the tone as a greeting then recognition of language. (For all I knew the lass was cursing my name in a very silken way.) The host of this meeting seemed to find no offense, he offered us a lesson in history. I settled back, listening to every detail and perking when his gaze found mine. When he shifted attention to Seele I glanced her way, knowing full well that in truth we were still very much strangers—and now rulers of a reborn land.

I frowned and shifted back when my astral father mentioned leaving. A slight flare of mindless panic fluttered to life like the wings of a bird. What if I couldn’t please him and complete this task? Jaws flapped open stupidly but I shut them with one swift snap and instead choose to stand by instead of rattling off questions. Battling the fear that suddenly awakened, and with more force than I felt my voice vibrated out. “Tis will be done.”

And then….like a breath of wind, he was gone. Leaving two strangers alone to figure out the politics of our new families. I sighed and turned to Seele, "Shall we?

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I will admit, I was uncertain at first. That would be an understatement, recke Unheil laughs in my head (which I attempted to ignore). I wasn't sure if my delusions had been worsening - creating large figments of my imagination that only I could see. After all, I could only hear the voices, not see the bodies of the souls that had created them. It didn't make any sense that I'd be able to do that now. But, it did make sense that I might be worsening in condition.

The large, godly creature before said he had called me - and finally I managed to place the pieces together. Erdgott. He was real, he was here, and he had called me. He speaks of the lands, how they haven't necessarily prospered. That I will say is truth - they had been one of our targets from the beginning. They were going to be how you got land for your family- Innerste purrs, only happy with the fact that it meant the Asylum was going to be safe had they gotten these lands.

But Erdgott says that we (must mean Midas and I) have a task - to make this land prosperous. To create a land of safety, strength, loyalty, and reason. He speaks to Midas for a moment before turning to me. Schwere is taken aback by the fact that Erdgott had been watching us this entire time. He was impressed with our tenacity through all of the trouble we have had to fight - how we were resilient enough to make it to today.

But, it is his last words that shatter what is left of my mind. New kingdom. I am a leader - a real leader. The Asylum finally has a home.

I stand there, yellow eyes glazing over for a moment as I stare where Erdgott had been standing. "Thank you, Erdgott. I will honour this - and you - to the best of my abilities..." I whisper, closing my eyes for a moment as I allow each of my voices to chime in their respects as well.

When I finally turn and look back at Midas he is sighing and looking at me, asking me if we shall go and move our members into the herd. "That was... all real, right? You saw him too? That wasn't just my imagination?" I questioned before taking in a deep breath and composing what was left of my scattered brain. "I suppose we shall. I'm ready if you are."

A gentle bow of my cranium in respect to the painted stag who had been chosen by Erdgott as well and then a glance back toward the path that led to the mountains.

It was time. We have a home!

normal
Voices
"Speech"

Translations-
recke - warrior
erdgott - earth god
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

There wasn’t time to rehash events, or question my reasoning on accepting this challenge. So much was yet to be accomplished, figured out. I stared at my partner as she sorted through all that just happened, a careful smile starting to creep along my face when her nervous and surprised eyes slipped to me. Soft voice an awe of disbelief as the news struck hard. They had been homeless and it was natural for her joy to be different from mine; I’d not been a landless cur when the apocalypse hit. Now though, it felt much like we were starting somewhere along square one. “Aye,” I whispered, “Tis very real.”

This was too important to be a dream, to wonderful to be a nightmare. At her word my limbs swung into motion, feathered appendages drew themselves tightly to coil and prevent disturbing the undergrowth. We walked into an emerald gem, a landscape with boundless expansions of sky and land. Thick trees grew in all directions, strong firs and embers with their heavy branches full of bright needles instead of frosted snow. This place was protected. Cherished.

My breath caught when we emerged onto the crest of a cliff, surrounded by the thundering of water and the rustling of wind through trees. A carefully chiseled path would lead us down the cliffs into the lower valleys. Our deity had done a beautiful job creating this escape. “Does it suit ye?” I asked, turning with a genuine smile upon my face. I’d promised to aid her ventures and that of her kin in the grappling of a new home—my words had been given life without blood being spilled on either side. "Let us break words, there is much I would share."

OOC: I'll post a herd meeting thread in just a few moments <3 This is just so IC they are up to speed on everything that has happened.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS