the Rift

[DROP] Spring cleaning come early.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The darkness that had plagued Helovia had caused more than just the horses to flee. Dwarf dragons, the species which bonded to the residents, had gathered their groups and flew north, hiding in the icy, northern mountains. The griffins moved east, hiding in the inland tree. The Zephyrs scattered, some moving south, others moving north, and the Rougarou? Well... Did any truly know where they went?

Unfortunately in the scramble, so many were left behind. In a nest of cracked eggs, only one whole orb remained, disguised in branches and brambles. The single orb was defenseless and its survival was incredibly lucky.

Naturally, the first one to find this orb was the ancient turtle. Curious, to find the earth turtle so far from the Earth God's shrine, but never-the-less, there he was. The old creature gently moved the orb into a safer part of the nest, cushioning it with leaves and undergrowth he had pushed from the snowy ground. Very carefully, he nestled next to it, his painted shell very obvious against the white blanket.

Then, he waited for them to come and try to claim the egg - but not before they proved themselves.

- This is a species specific, royal companion drop (griffin, dragon, zephyr, rougarou)
- You must have had a type of this companion on your wishlist for more than one month
- Participants will be asked to do a series of trials spanning across Helovia
- You have 96 hours to reply to this drop to be considered and then participate in the other related events

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

Wrapped round a perfect pearly horn is a gilded golden chain, an amber stone clinging to the bottom of the item she had worked so hard to obtain. It glitters in every ray of light that shines off it, and with every renewal of awareness that it's there, she feels lighter. At last, she has proven that she can do something! Raeden may have magic, and Phaedra may be perfect in every possible way, but Hotaru was more than the ugly duckling. She was more than everyone had ever given her credit for. At last she had proof she could be a master sleuth like her mother, that maybe she wasn't a deadbeat after all. Maybe she actually had potential, shimmering inside her somewhere. See? She didn't need anybody! She didn't need Rae, or Tingal, or anybody else! Lonely though she may be, she was too proud to admit it, and too upset by others to possibly want to be near them. She feared to hurt them with her barbed tongue and scared, flighty personality. What if they found her unworthy? What if they discovered her family, and realized what a mess up she was in comparison?

But she had to keep trying. She'd been too late for the little griffin of the Heart, but she would not give up. She was lonely, her heart cried out for something to fill the space her family had never wanted to claim. So instead she hopes that she will be given the chance- no, the opportunity- to have a companion to be at her side for the rest of their mortal lives. Loneliness was going to drive her to the brink sooner than later, and she feared the nights of cold emptiness that plagued her. Wasn't she supposed to be draped in friends at her age? But it wasn't to be.

So distracted in her half-prideful, half-sorrowful musings over the chain draped over her horn and her bitterness, she nearly missed the massive moving creature among the snowy mounds. And when she did spot him, she nearly jumped out of her skin. Curiosity drove her closer, for she'd seen turtles before, but never one like him! Dancing closer she watched him as he cared for an orb much like the one she'd seen in the Heart. Was it his? How odd! But he seemed kindly, so she gave a hesitant smile- when was the last time she'd smiled at all? So few ever stopped to talk to her it was hard to tell- and cleared her throat softly.

"Excuse me, sir? Do you need help with your baby? Turtles...lay eggs, right?" Her features became sheepish and a little flustered at her own lack of knowledge, but her smile was kind as she offered her help. "I don't have anywhere to be, and company is always good, right?"

--
Wishlist :: Griffin/Zapping Jab

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
- Arah -
Her daughters awaited her return. The two perfect twins whom she adored with every sense of her being. It wouldn't be long now and she would be able to embrace them again, make sure they were alright. Arwen's cough still troubled her tiny lungs, although the little monster didn't let the cough stop her. Everyday Arwen returned with exciting tales of her adventures even though she was yet to leave the safety of the cave and see the world at large. It saddened Arah to know that both her daughters had been born in darkness and the interior of The Sanctuary was the only home they knew. Not for long though, the darkness was gone and the new mother prayed that soon she could move her daughters into the safety of The Basin. That was all she wanted her daughters to know, safety, warmth and the sense of family. True, most the time The Basin's occupants had hearts as cold as their home, but there was those few rare gems. The ones who Arah wanted daughters to meet, she was sure they would be able to tech the twin much about growing up, love, trust and the true meaning of friendship. Just thinking about them made Arah want to return to The Basin, she had no idea if they had survived the dark night. The doe sent a silent prayer to whichever god that might be listening for the safety of her friends.

A strange sight was in the distance, the doe could not quite make out the figures. At the distance she stood at, it was impossible to even tell what creatures the figures were. Curious and for the moment thoughts turned away from her daughters, Arah began to wonder over to the figures. Finally she stopped before the ancient turtle, it was a soft smile that she offered him before bowing her head in respect. "Wise one." Soft as the sound of the snow flakes that drifted down around them. Her eyes move to the orb nestled beside the turtle, with a knowing and sad smile Arah realises that the egg must have been left behind. "Poor thing." Her whisper was quiet as her gaze lingered over the misplaced egg. Her golden gaze rests on the horned one beside her. "Look closely now dear, that's not a turtle egg."

:: [Companion: Griffin | » Draining Clutch | Pure white body/feathers ]
Previous denials :: Who can sail when the winds won't blow | Last breath of a survivor | Squabbling Squabs | Musical Night | Wishlist :: Here
frozen flowers and other nice quotes here
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

It all comes down to a single moment,

The meadow, a place where she had been many times, a broad field of purple flowers that brought memories to mind with each delicate step she made, no matter how much the world had changed under the troublesome hooves of the dead. It was still formatted essentially the same, though beneath the layer of snow that usually covered golden and withering strands of grass, there was only dark grey foliage so unlike the traditional appearance of the spiked flowers.

All around her, the kingdom was in ruins, and even the splendor of pristine white snow could not hide the fact that darkness had come and devoured all the light it could find.

She shudders away the faint memories she has of the monster she had been. It is unpleasant to know that she had been so helpless, no matter the power her body had been loaned by the disease; it was not worth it.

She discovers a pair of unicorns gazing down upon something not far from the bend of the twin rivers, and recognizes the pale damsel as Arah, of the Basin. Overjoyed to see a familiar face and that not all of her kin had been swallowed by the darkness, she sweeps over to the small meeting with a faint smile on her lips that hides the true enthusiasm she feels over the sight of one she shared a home with.

It grows broader (but quickly slips away) when she notices what it is that they are gathered around; the painted shell of the turtle that was often seen around abandoned eggs. She catches the tail end of Arah’s chastisement of the less experienced unicorn, ignoring their conversational banter after allotting a friendly nod in the direction of them both, a lingering twinkle of her gaze shared with the Impersonator.

Illynx does not know if this one has her knives aimed at her spine, but she surely will not grant her any reason to stick them in by being a bitch to her family.

While the mare is happy to find that not all things were ruined by the shadow blights, it is disheartening to know that so many other young creatures died alongside it. She had passed many ruined nests on her ventures out of the hole from which she had fallen as a wraith, and been healed. It wasn’t that she was particularly fond of others bonded animals (while she did enjoy a few of the little creatures, she had seen little evidence to deign them worth her affections past a friendly glance and a restrained desire to punt out of her business); she simply enjoyed wildlife.

They filled the silence with sound, a thing she had come to appreciate as a lonesome girl.

Not to mention – a companion made one dangerous. She cannot forget the sensation of that damnable dragon’s barbs breaking into her flesh, the way he had made a weak healer much more powerful than she could ever be on her own. ”What assistance do you require, turtle?” she asks.

Illynx was already powerful.

Imagine just how dangerous she could become with such a mighty gift as this.

Wishlist
- Griffon Companion, Zapping Jab, Arabian Sand Cat with Kestral wings, amber toned feathers are gold :3
- No previous denials.

I L L Y N X               

the strong will fight and the weak will run.

image by bunnie.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
The death that had inhabited me has worn me out, and left me feeling so empty inside. I still haven't found my dearest Africa. I suppose I've been looking in all the wrong places.. But at the same time, as much as I want to see her, I don't know if I'm ready. So in the meantime, I'm doing a little soul-searching... Soul-searching and a lot of wandering to accompany it. And that wandering has brought me here to the Thistle Meadow. The frigid air has chilled me to the bone, and I imagine that any other creature out here must be feeling much of the same.

Yet as I wander, I see a gathering before me. Three equines. Not just equines. Unicorns. They're all unicorns. I tilt my head to the side.. well, that would leave me feeling a little left out. But perhaps I can start balancing the numbers. They all seem to be gathering around one area, and I wonder what it is they are looking at. I get closer and I see that it is three female unicorns gathering around one spot. Well, that's interesting. Is it a ladies only party? As I approach, I come up from the side, not wanting to get too close to any of them, being wary of any unfriendliness toward the male sex. I have no desire for that. What I see before me surprises me even more than the gathering of ladies. A turtle, out here in the middle of the meadow, in a nest. Well that's not something I expected at all. I've never known turtles to be nest-goers. And this doesn't look like what I would expect a turtle nest to look like anyway. Little do I know that this is the Earth turtle, a representative of the Earth God. It's not surprising though, there is much that I do not know still about the wonders of Helovia. I approach softly, carefully, cautiously. Quietly I lower my crown, keeping still a small distance between us, and sniff gently, my eyes full of curiosity.

But as I sniff, I catch a scent that is not just the turtle's. I catch the scent of.. well I'm not sure what the scent is. I see with my eyes a small globe, nested next to the turtle. So the nest is for the orb... But I'm not sure what it is. Is it an egg? Maybe.. like a bird or a reptile? I think to myself of Silas, Africa's Roc companion. Maybe it is something like that? I step back, giving the turtle and what I assume to be an egg their space. Maybe.. maybe I could take care of it. Maybe this is what I need to bring me back from my deadened state, to reconnect me with the land of the living. Softly I comment. "Is.. is that an egg, Sir Turtle?" Soft and polite.. my demeanor has changed drastically since my time in the darkness. I glance over at the ladies accompanying me. It would be rude to ignore them, and I feel a little guilty that all my attention went to the turtle and the egg. I nod toward them. "Ladies." My voice is a little louder, so all of them can hear me, but still gentle and still more polite that what once may have been expected of me.

Walking "Talking"
OOC: No previous denials. Wishlist Zephyr :: Phoenix

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Kari Posts: 52
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.0hh :: 3 years Buff: NOVICE
Wanderer

It was good to feel the caress of wind rush over his wings again. The time in those caves had been more constricting than the boy would have imagined, it had reduced him to little more than a receiver for a constant flow of information that never really came to an end. As person after person moved throughout the stony halls the air, the ground, the rocks and grass and the very water permeated with stories; fractions, puzzle pieces thrown up into the air where they had become trapped. Not unlike shimmering droplets of glass dangling from a spiders thin silk thread, multicolored and endlessly more faceted. He walked into it constantly, endlessly, until his vision blurred with visions of the past that was becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish from the present.

He'd had to slip away, even if only for a little while. He knew it was dangerous, he knew he should bring someone with him as he headed out into the strange white world that had transformed everything he knew into something cold and clear and painfully dazzling... But he didn't. The thought of spending even a second longer with horses crammed up against his skin made the colt want to scream and run.

So, instead he simply clambered up the steep pathway and ducked out into a world transformed.

Snow really was a marvelous thing. It was the first time he saw it in person, the very first time he was able to experience first hand how cold the air was, how crisp and clean it tasted. The crunch of ice crystals beneath the hooves, the way powder blew up into the air as he tumbled through it; how could a phenomenon so simple as water frozen in the atmosphere create a material that was so fascinating?

Kari didn't even realize how far from the sanctuary he had gotten until he ran across a peculiar gathering of horses up ahead. It was an anomaly, a peculiar group of individuals circling around something on the ground - and like any child, the little gray hybrid just couldn't resist a good mystery.
Still, he was careful as he approached. The closer he came to the group the more apparent it became that they were all adults. Big, strong, strange mares with impressive horns and a stallion with strange wings and all even had impressive looks of concern on their faces. It was obviously something serious going on, something - he had found, after spending most of his childhood around grownups - he normally would have been excluded from, being of a young age and seemingly fragile appearance. His horns weren't even half-grown yet, brittle and flaying even, and then there was the bulky wings that rested heavy against the slate gray ribcage, clearly setting him aside from the others.

It was with lowered head and caution in the step that he approached, rounding the group from behind while peering between numerous hairy pillars, some pale and some dark. He could see the creature that rested on the ground in the middle of the group of mares, but no matter how he wrecked his brain the kid just couldn't figure out what the thing was. Perplexed, Kari made himself as small as he could and tried to slip in between a pretty white lady with deers antlers and a bay one with gold flecks across the coat, tucking the tail tightly between the legs to avoid getting it trampled. Then he reached out a nose curiously towards the old creature, sniffing and regarding it and the egg beside it with intense interest.

"Hi, I'm Kari, son of Shadow and Carnesîr" he eventually said, introducing himself with that rambling voice and absent gaze one often get when reading something by heart. "Can I know your name, mister? Is that your egg? It's very pretty, what do you think is inside it? I met a horse once who had an egg; it was different than this though, all green and a bit slimy... It's cause he carried it in his mouth, it looked a bit silly but I didn't say anything because that would have been very rude."

"Why are you all standing here, by the way?" he finally asked and looked up to peer between the mares and the stallion with innocent blue eyes, already forgetting how he was supposed to be careful and invisible. It all disappeared in this one great desire that always consumed him in new situations, that itch that made it hard to stand still, that made him ramble and tremble and grow a bit sweaty as he kept looking at the egg and its guardian, just dying to get to touch either - or both! - of them, just once.

ooc: Wishlist [Companion: Rougarou | Electric]

I see your true colors
Larry Wilbourn @ Flikr.com

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:42.5
Helovia Hard Mode
Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kari

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

The snow was still fresh, and in the middle of this season, it seemed that no life was alive. A field, it seemed, was covered in complete, and cold, blanket of crystalized water. She snorted, breath coming in short puffs, extending far from her muzzle. Not far off, a group was gathering. It seemed that the attention was turned towards a tortoise, or turtle (was there really a difference?) that was nestled up next to an egg.

Her memory went back to Oxy, when she had first arrived. The black wisp thing had come out of a shell. Oh! And that weird unicorn, who also seemed a little cooky, had a puppy like creature. She wondered if maybe that had come from an egg too! Although... that didn't really makes sense. Didn't reptiles and birds only come from eggs? Elsa didn't want to wait to find out, more voices and bodies were gathering.

As she moved into the group she was amidst many others. There was a unicorn baby, and another antlered mare, and another unicorn. There were so many dang unicorns! Then there was a dark pegasus stallion, who seemed a little dark, just by his look. Turning, again there was a hybrid stallion. He had a horn and wings just like she had. Curiously, she followed the suit of others, asking if he needed help. But he didn't need help! It was the egg. Elsa knew eggs were not meant for winter! "Hello." She said at first, giving the turtle time to turn his attention to her, if he wished. "What does the egg need? Surely a reptile like you, and an egg without a mother, need help from the cold." She stated, and it was rather oxymoronic, considering she herself was a lover of ice and snow.

"Talketh."
[ No previous denials || Wishlist :: [Zephyr | Arctic]

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

It seems as the days go on I am spending more and more time away from those dark caves. I find myself drawn to the world above, the places that my mother grew up in. In the short time we had together she had told me of the quest the Goddess of the Moon gave her to earn her magic. The Moon Goddess was the patron of the herd she called home, but through the quest she had come to love the God of the Sun more. He even gifted her with a beauty that made her special in my Daddy's eyes. It seems upon entering Helovia I was blessed with that beauty to. My coat gleames no matter if I am I am in the sun or not.

Today's adventure I was trailing along behind Elsa. I guess she has become like a mom of sorts to me. She was the only one I truely trusted so far in Helovia... Although I would need to learn to trust whatever herd we end up in.... But at least I knew that were Elsa went I was welcome too.

I was learning to hate the snow. It was cold and wet.... I get no break from walking in it like the bigger pegasus do... I have yet to learn how to fly... Oh, Momma Elsa is leading us towards a gathering.... I wonder if there are any my age, or even if this is a part of the group she called the Asylam.... I think that was what she called it... Oh well i'll ask her later.

When Elsa speaks however, I realize that these others must not be family. I stick close by her side, still not to sure of those with sticks coming out thier heads.... What did she call them, oh yea, Unicorns! There is two more with wings here, but one of them has a stick coming out of his head too! My eyes flash to Elsa and back again, curious to know more. But the respect in her voice in speaking to the turtle tells me now is not the time. "If you want a break to try and warm up, I can take a turn keeping the egg warm...." After all, even if this egg goes home with someone else, the egg still needs to stay warm in this cold stuff called snow... Right?

"Talk"

Wishlist :: Zephyr | Phoenix

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
azulee
born and raised in rain

The lightning maiden is a symphony; the beat of her heart is the drum, the cascade of her blood the choir voices, the rustle of her wings the reverent silence of the audience. She is an electric warrior, feral in her young beauty, with eyes that boil and blister with the heat of a thousand volts; a fulmination-crowned queen who sizzles and burns through the air like the striking whip of the storm. Tousled tresses are caught by the wind, sashaying dancers in the cool breeze, ebon dresses fluttering in the caress of air-currents; but even the curl and lick of her mane is incomparable to the third pair of appendages she daresay names and thinks of as freedom: wings, magnificent and spanning the sky broad, rise and downstroke, harmonious repetition as she soars from the briny ocean. Even as she glides, uncatchable on the fly, she fondly remembers the whisper of the ocean creeping up the shoreline, the enormous sea which she counts as friend with the hush-hush of its voice, rather than vaguely pretty scenery.

The Fireslayer's grand-daughter is a song, carried by the zephyrs of the sky, she being what could have been a promisingly hopeful silhouette on the horizon to those of the underground- but it would not be so.

Wings tilt and shiver, primaries flushing wide for maximum lift; she rises, effortless, lithe and flexible in the manner of a cat, if only cats could fly; spiralling upwards on a column of warm air beneath her, she looks down. There is no vulnerability in her heart that might send her shrieking in fear at the astounding height she has reached— no, with her hawk eyes she watches below, the world laid out at her nimble hooves. Sinister beasts, ambitious and power-hungry, might laugh, to see the country seemingly small beneath them, but to her it is larger than ever here up in the azure yonder. It is here, in the sky, that Azulee can see it goes on forever, and remembers her insignificance in comparison to it. Down below are horses like Kri and Midas and Onni, once horses like Azzuen and Cassiopeia and Cirrus with her companion, Sitka; she wonders if the world, so big, can remember all those so small.

It is in reverent silence that the progeny of the Ardent and the Star-breather watches, breath stolen by awe at Helovia's majesty, and as she studies the earth in scholarly quiet, she finds a clustering of equine pelts far beneath her. Pitch brows delicately furrow as she makes studious note of silver and gray, black and gold backs; and then she begins to make easy descent, moving in a wide, carefree circle downwards, late to the ball.

Enormous wings back-stroke, tail ruddering and compensating, as she lands at swift canter some distance away; it takes her several strides to slow to a rather more suitable pace. Voltaic blue eyes sparkle with curiosity as she trots towards the group, composed of unicorn and pegasus— ears tilt forward and she gives a thoughtful little hum to herself, drawing herself up tall and queenly, a marvellous picture of confidence and regality, light on her cleft hooves as she approaches. Ahead of her, she sees a little tortoise (surely the commotion cannot be other that?) but as she combs through the scene again, there she sees it— a gleam of white, bright as the surrounding snow.

It falls into place, and so she simply awaits, and while she does, she remembers the hellhound named Sitka.

Wishlist :: Wakiya Companion
background image © riktorsashen

hard mode—HP: 65/65

physical force and magic is permitted to be used on Azulee at any time provided it does not involve powerplay (unless specified otherwise); please contact me before attempting to kill.
please tag me!

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

As soon as I was allowed above ground, I took the chance to be free, I let myself go.

I couldn't handle the underground anymore, the pain of the memories that flashed before my eyes, the crimson blood falling from Father's lips, the screams of Mother, it was all too much. Ever since that time I could barely stand without the help of a wall to support me. I was young, yet all that has happened to me turns me old and sour. There was no happiness in my life, and I've begun to doubt that there ever will be.

With wings outstretched, I stood before the Heart, the heat burning against my dark coat. I felt nothing as I stared deeply into the bubbling, brewing lava. I took a moment to consider letting myself fall into the flames, to let death take me to Father, to watch over Azarel and Mother through someone else's eyes, from a view that was not my own. Would they even miss me? Something told me that no one would care if I threw myself into the Heart, yet Father's voice told me not to, not yet at least. Yet I still felt my hooves teeter, my weight sway as I fold my wings back up, pulling away from the crumbling edge.

Instead I flew, or tried to, at least. After a few months underground, my flight was unsteady. I struggled to stay aloft, the wind of Frostfall too harsh above the clouds for me, forcing me to lower myself back to the ground. For the next several hundred strides, I galloped, suddenly infuriated by how poorly life had been treating me. What had I done to deserve such treatment? Did the Gods think it was funny? Maybe they thought that because of my species it would be amusing to torture me, to harm me emotionally. I shake my crowned head, spotting a gathering group of horses.

Feeling like this I would normally avoid such a big group of horses, but the way they gathered made me wonder what they were so curious about. Walking slowly towards them, I stand with my head high and ears erect as I wiggle in between an opening in the crowd to see what they were gathering around. An old turtle was guarding a pale egg, one that called to me with gentle whispers of great feats, making me want it. I didn't need anyone to tell me what the egg had within it, because I knew.

It was something that would cheer me up, that would allow me to be happy once again. I wouldn't have to be alone ever again if I had what the egg held. A beautiful bird, decorated in stars and lightning, colored just like me. I nod my head gently, agreeing that this is what it is I desired. So I shuffled forward slightly, ruby red hooves pushing aside snow to allow me better footing. I was prepared for anything, as long as I could get what was held within that egg.

A best friend.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: wishlist│Wakiya Zephyr
Denied in who can sail when the winds won't blow
word count: 517

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
I had been scared at first. Others had left, and I stayed in the cave. It did not take me long, though. I put on my big girl pants and I marched myself out of the Sanctuary one night. And then I saw all my stars again and they wrapped me up in them and it was magical, and I knew everything was going to be alright.

Of course Helovia still looked beat down and dreary, but it was making it's comeback. The land was scarred, but recovering. Snow blanketed the Earth and slashed at my face, reminding me all too well why I hate Frostfall. A sigh escapes my lips and I push forward. I decide to head towards the Foothills to see how it had fared against this plague, lifting myself into the sky the wind slices through me, but I grit my teeth and bare through it.

It isn't long before I run across others, and not just a couple, but nine others gathered around, and... is that a turtle? His shell is a stark contrast to the sheet of white that stretched on forever, my golden orbs watch it carefully. I lower myself to the ground softly, the cold snow brushes against my legs and sends a shiver down my spine as I walk up to the group, with a few that I recognized. I smile at Arah, who I have met twice before, both had been when a situation like this; it included an egg. My golden orbs brush over the others and I nod or smile slightly to each before I spot Hotaru, and it's all that I can to not squeal in delight, though a light gasp whispers out of my throat. I hurry up to her, pressing my maw to her own lightly. "I have not seen you since... you left," I say, relief filling my voice, "How have you fared, dear one?" I ask softly, a large smile filling my eyes and turning the corners of my lips up.

My pools glance over at the turtle, and I smile as well at the creature. "Hello," I start "How is the poor thing doing? Do you need any help?" I murmur softly, eyes melting as they watch the egg. If I was cold in this weather, certainly the baby was too and all I wanted right now was to keep it alive.

Wishlist - Zephyr :: Roc
Rejections -
Who can sail when the winds wont blow
Zephyr Drop
Species Specific Companion Drop

venomxbaby | solarka-stock | featherstockimages@ da
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Helovian Ancient

The Earth Turtle watched a few gather and was politely flattered when the egg was initially mistaken as his. He had not found a female turtle like himself in a very long time, but there were eggs... once upon a time. However, another quickly corrected the young pegasus, and he nodded in agreement, indicating that it was not, in fact, a turtle egg but something entirely different.

The Turtle was amused by the young boy who spoke quite a bit and asked his name, and the creature smiled slowly. "My name is old, but you may call me Earth Turtle," he said quietly. Another pegasus spoke then, and his face was sour. "I found this egg abandoned under this tree," he grumbled, glaring at Elsa a little. "I do not have use for it, but it is my duty to find the egg a good caretaker," he said, directing his attention to the group.

The turtle looked at the egg carefully and began to make a straw nest for it, which was completed in a matter of seconds - he was a very efficient creature. "I, on behalf of my mentor, the God of the Earth, need to decide on a good caretaker. In order to determine which of you will best care for this egg, I need you to first take care of Helovia," he said quietly.

"Some remnants of the darkness still remain, and I will split you up to take care of the problems. In doing this, you will prove that you love this world that you and this egg will live in, and that you are of the right mind," he said. Also, this would very much help Birdsong come whenever winter decided to go away.

"There will be two groups of three and one group of four, and you will go around Helovia cleaning up the messes you may find there," he said with a warm, turtle smile.

Group threads will be made for you shortly! You can decide on your group - it's first come first serve in each area. I will link them below once they are made.

Helovian Ancient
Group 1: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=13115
Group 2: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=13117
Group 3: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=13118 (can have 4)

You have to reply to one of these within the next 72 hours!