the Rift

[PRIVATE] Your Crown Has Fallen

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
The Poisoner

The sand was warm in the weak sunlight, pleasant against the frail figure curled up within every particle that formed the nest she had made. All around, the sand was pale and creamy, and she was a black stain across its surface, sapphire and ebony more fitting for a moonlit ocean scene than a high noon picture like the one she painted now. Aodaun was pressed against her spine, her scarred side bared to the sun overhead, allowing warm tendrils to ease the tension in the tissue that tended to spasm so often. She had yet to settle since fleeing the Sanctuary like devils were on her heels, trying to find who she was on a journey she should have partaken in long ago. There was a lot for her to muse over and untangle when it came to herself, and the Poisoner hadn't realized the depth of the job until she was actually thrown into the midst of it. Now, she just wanted a place to rest for a while.

It wasn't long, with the warm sun on her side and the steady, soft breathing of her ice bear beside her before she dozed off into a pleasant, dreamless sleep. If it could be called such, with how delicately she was sleeping, as if ready to awaken at the slightest of noise. Aodaun watched the beaches for her, protectively snuggling closer, wishing she would allow herself more time to rest. The ice bear knew how badly the past seasons had harmed her, but also knew there was little he could do to help her in this time of need. Further, he knew she feared her scar would continue to seize up, that it would prevent her not only from fighting but from protecting those she loved. It would kill her if it ever became a reality, and Aodaun hurt to know she was so terrified.

But there was nothing he could do but let her sleep, and so he watched her with loving lime eyes and did just that.

@[Alleo]

Chunga-Stock

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

It was nearly indescribable just how good the sun felt beating down on his back. Alleo almost didn't mind that it was cold and that there was a dusting of snow on the ground. Almost being the key word. Still, the stallion hated winter and everything that came along with it and even though he had only been out of the caves for a few days (long enough to meander until he'd found he was heading to the beach) he couldn't wait for BirdSong and then TallSun. Of course there was more than just the heat of the days that he was looking forward to, but the fact that Rasta would be getting her voice back so they could actually talk.

He found that he thought about her a lot when she wasn't right there next to him and when she was next to him he wondered what she was thinking. It wasn't just his waking moments that were filled with her, but his dreams as well. Her eyes, her smile, the way he remembered her voice sounding, her tears, the look on her face when he'd spoken the word 'love' and they had both come to the same understanding.

The dusting of snow gradually disappeared and he felt a touch happier but he couldn't be too happy with being so close to the ocean in the bitter heart of winter. His hooves began to sink into the sand as he moved cautiously toward the salty, frothy ocean, his gaze not betraying the dislike he felt for the cold water or the winter. Even on the coast it was bitterly cold and he was actually surprised that the beach was not covered in a layer of snow, but perhaps winter hadn't extended its grasp so far just yet.

Alleo ventured as close as he dared to the water then turned to look down the beach. The stark contrast of the dark body against the pale sand put the stallion on immediate alert. He looked around carefully, taking in his surroundings then shoved his muzzle into the air, nostrils flaring, as he inhaled deeply. The only scent he was able to define besides the salty ocean air was that of a very familiar mare and her bear. "Lakota...?"

His ears tilted back and for the first time ever he debated on turning and leaving to lay where she was because the last time they had talked she had used her magic against him. He frowned, snorted slightly, and shifted his weight in indecision before his duty as an older brother won out and made him decide that he needed to make sure she was, at the very least, alive. So he walked toward her, stopping several feet away should she decide to poison him again. "Lakota?"

"."

Credits

Lakota
The Poisoner

Consciousness comes slowly, for she is tired and wants only to stay curled upon the sand, the blow of the winds unable to reach her past Aodaun's protectively positioned form. Only the heat of the day reaches her, and she basks in it like a stray cat, if only she were capable of purring. But it is Ao's duty to keep watch over her, and when Alleo approaches, he huffs softly in the language native to him, mentally prodding Lakota from her rest. Simultaneously he nudges his jaw against her, urging her up and out of the arms of Morpheus, demanding she awaken in the sweetest way he can manage. She whines under her breath but obeys, deep lilac eyes blinking blearily at the bright expanse that meets her eyes. So much sun, snow, and sand, it nearly hurts to look. What is it, Ao? She murmurs to him where nobody can possibly hear, only for Aodaun's reluctance to answer to waken her faster. What was wrong? Sensing her rising distress, Aodaun calmed her as quickly as he could, murmuring a response rather hesitantly. Fratello, he responds. The Italian strikes her heart so hard it knocks the breath from her in one fell swoop, and her throat convulses nervously as she slowly turns her head to the calling of her name.

Alleo stands far from her, and though it hurts to know he does not trust her, she knows precisely why. She can avoid it no longer. This was a meeting bound to happen. Sighing, she leans against Aodaun and stumbles awkwardly to her hooves, stretching out her left hind leg with a whimper of pain that dissolved quickly into prideful silence. She limps slightly as she strides rather elegantly towards her brother, head high. "Fratello," she calls back. It is a title she hasn't used in seasons, nostalgia echoing inside her bones, memories of a far smaller version of her running on spindly legs calling it out cheerfully as she went crashing into his side. It was more intimate than a simple 'brother', for it is in their native tongue, but she cannot handle saying his name now. Especially not his nickname, not after their last encounter.

"You look well," she says gruffly, for lack of anything else to say. Better than me, at least.

Chunga-Stock

ali
alleo</style>
</style>

He watched as she was roused from her sleep by the polar bear that shielded her from the icy winds coming off of the ocean. As she rose to her feet he took notice of the stiffness of her body and soon his gaze was drawn to the scar that arced across her back. He presumed that to be the source of the stiffness that plagued her and wondered if she knew just how foolish it was to lay around while a scar like that healed, formed scar tissue, and tightened muscles that she would need to use in battle. Had she not learned anything from their training to be warriors?

"Fratello"

Alleo was quiet as she composed herself into the prideful princess she had been raised to be until Hana came along. There is no doubt that she is elegant, despite the limp, and exudes the aura of a princess, but he was unimpressed by her display and the formality that came with it. "Sorellina." His voice was quiet as the word slipped past his lips. "I think its time you dropped the facade." Came moments later in the same quiet voice that he had used to greet his sister. Whether or not she took offense he found that he didn't particularly care. What would she do? Use her magic on him again? She might think that he would continue to stand her ground and do nothing against her but she would be mistaken. As he thought of Rasta he knew he had something to fight for now more than ever, and if the situation called he would knock Lakota off of her high horse and ground her with the rest of the world.

"What happened to you?" He asked, not hiding that he was looking at the scar that marred her side. Had she gone and pissed off the wrong horse or unicorn and paid the price for it? Alleo found that he wouldn't be the least bit surprised knowing his sister's penchant for offending the wrong sort of people with her blunt and often vicious words.

"."

Credits

Lakota
The Poisoner

His words cut her, but she only laughs bitterly, eyes flashing with some unknown emotion. Tail curls around her ankle, and she watches him dully, not having the energy to feel anything stronger. Facade? It makes her laugh. It has to be the farthest from the truth he could ever strike. It is no facade. It is a barrier, a protective shield, because he has wounded her, the one person she never anticipated such pain to come from. Her trust in him is fractured, and this is the only way she can keep herself from looking like a heartbroken wreck. "You don't know me as well as I fooled myself into believing, fratello, if you believe this is a facade." Her eyes are sad but she shakes her head and tries not to think about him. Him believing her to be bratty and spoiled was better than him knowing how hurt she was by him and him not caring. "Whatever you believe, it is here to stay. I don't trust you right now." Her voice breaks mildly but she is quick to cover it up, finding strength in the royalty that had been pounded into her for years. If she cannot rely on herself, she can rely on the porcelain doll she used to be molded into. At least she knew how that carbon copy would react to everything. The Poisoner was unsure if she know how she'd react on a personal level anymore.

Crown turned idly to stare at her scar, and gave a wry smile. "We can't all fall in love with sniveling weaklings that hide from their own shadow, fratello. Wouldn't it be ironic that I would love the one who gave me this? So it's only fitting I let it fester." Vague, perhaps, but she has nothing else to say. Her tone is defeated, but almost scarily nonchalant, as if she feels that she deserved such a hideous thing. Then her face tightens and she turns and limps away from him, pausing only to cast words over her shoulder. "Walk with me if you must, fratello. Surely you would like to condemn me for my behavior. So I give you permission. Go ahead. You never did understand me, I was a fool to think you would understand my actions now or ever. If you find that insulting, you can run back to your pathetic mate," she sneers, but her tone is wounded, because why can't her own love be that simple? But her heart is encased in ice, if only for today, because it is the only way she can handle the misguided words sure to tear her apart. Alleo would never understand her. Perhaps he had fooled her all this time, to be acting like this now. It almost disgusted her, though she wasn't sure who it was directed towards: him, or herself.

Chunga-Stock

ali
alleo</style>
</style>

"You don't know me as well as I fooled myself into believing, fratello, if you believe this is a facade."

"I don't believe I know you at all." Alleo answered back, his head raising slightly. "Not anymore. I knew who you were. I knew a strong mare, not one that wallowed in self pity when life didn't go her way." His tone was biting, but he was in no mood to baby his sister. He had babied her far too much in her young life and look at what it had gotten him. Poisoned when he'd tried to push her from the nest he'd provided her and make her fly on her own, to make her more independent and confident in herself.

His ears flattened against his head and he snorted harshly when Lakota had the gall to say that she didn't trust him. "You don't trust me?" He demanded incredulously. "If there's anyone who's trust should be broken, Sorellina, it should be mine after you poisoned me. Or did you conveniently forget it happened?" His tail lashed against his hind legs and his eyes narrowed into a glare that would make most recoil in fear for their own well being.

A simple question of what had happened to her was thrown in his face laced with insult that made him snort once more. "What room do you have to call anyone sniveling?" His voice was quiet as he threw the question back at Lakota. "You who runs from anyone who shows any kind of caring for you. You who hurts the one who has spent so much time trying to keep you safe and listen to your woes." It had been a long time since he'd felt such a level of anger and exasperation and even longer since he'd had to use the tone he was with Lakota.

He shook his head when she invited him to walk with her then accused him of never understanding her. "That's your problem, Lakota." He murmured quietly. "You hold everyone at a distance, even me. Did you not learn anything from grandmother?" He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "You can't be afraid of love or to love someone. You can't be afraid to take that step and move on instead of being stuck in the same rut. Put yourself out there because that's the only way you'll find the one that's going to stick by you through everything. That's what I was trying to tell you..." Before you poisoned me.

Alleo sighed and shook his head once more. "I'm sorry." He finally said even if she probably should have been the one apologizing first. "I'm sorry I've disappointed you. I should have been a better brother. I should have protected you more. I should have been stronger for you. But I'm not. This is who I am and I accept it. I have flaws. I love too deeply and I get hurt. I forgive too easily and I get hurt. I get angry and I say things I don't mean, I hurt those that I love the most and make them hate me. In the end I would still lay down my life for you even if you hated me."

"."

Credits