the Rift

[OPEN] [Group 2] Moldy blight

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Three of you travel to the forest, deep in the boughs of the bare, winter trees. The snow beneath your hooves is crunchy, but there is an issue in these woods. Some of the trees were starting to rot and nasty, green and black fungus which moved and shifted sucked out the life from the inside. It squirmed and writhed on the bark, killing the trees that would never see Birdsong.

{group 2} for the companion drop! First come first serve!

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Earth Turtle has sent me and the others on missions to help repair Helovia, to assist with the damage done by the darkness. I feel especially obligated, having been swallowed by the evil myself. Perhaps I can do my part to help restore the equilibrium. I have chosen to explore the Deep Forest. As I land in a small clearly, I look around to see that I am the first one here. I tuck my wings in against my body and head toward the nearest tree. Just like Earth Turtle said, the trees are rotting and the fungus that has grown on them is taking over, just as the infection form Sikeax took over me. I do not want these trees that shadow me and protect me from the heat of the day to suffer the way I did, and to die the death I was just barely spared. I stop in front of the large tree and press my forehead against it, wishing I could take its pain and destroy the fungus. But how? I look around me and let out a call for the others whom I'd just seen. Help me... help me figure out how to save this forest.

I walk to another tree, and another, pressing my forehead again and again on the bark, wondering if I can simply send health and protection to Nature's children. I see the fungus that is writhing inside the tree.. it's visible through the rotting bark. I bite it with my teeth, careful to not ingest any, and I pull it out, dropping it to the forest floor and stomping on it violently. PFFT! I blow out the disgusting, rotting taste that manages to sink into my tongue. Like a taste of death. I turn and half-extend my wing, scraping at the inside of the tree, the fungus, with the claw of my wing's elbow. Fuck you fungus, fuck you.

Walking "Talking"

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

There is a certain, determined set to her brow as she sets out on the path the earthen turtle has set her on. Last time she had tried for a companion, she had been too late returning, but today would not be similar. She was older, of longer leg and stronger stamina, and she would not fail again. Or, if she was bested by another, she would humbly bow her head for them with the knowledge she'd at least completed what was asked of her. So when the pegasus slipped away, she followed, not wanting to follow the larger groups as they headed out to their own pre-planned destinations.

The guide she used to discover the path the earth turtle clearly deigned for them was as instinctive as the pull that drew mortals to the gods with no real knowledge of when, where, or why. Keeping away from the stallion that walked the path she too had chosen, she instead kept her eyes on the horizon, already knowing where they were headed by the direction they were moving. Home. Perhaps not the best word for such a dark and disturbing land, but it was true for her. She'd been raised in the depths of this forest, had lived there for the start of her life before the Grey took over the Foothills. Every nook and cranny of this forest she knew by heart, and to know there was a sickness overtaking it hurt her. Made her indignant and angry. This was her home, how dare it try to destroy the few golden memories she had of her childhood?

So she set to work with a vengeance, using the sharp tip of her horn to pry off the disgusting goop that clung to the trees so menacingly. A fierce frown molded her pretty features as she ripped into it, wishing she could save the majestic forest that had housed her as a young, innocent filly.

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

I got seperated from Elsa as everyone moved off to do the Turtle's bidding. Spring cleaning huh? Did that mean BirdSong was coming soon? I could sure hope so! That would mean the warmth of the sun would be overhead longer. That in turn meant I could explore more too! I couldn't wait to learn all about Helovia and the lands within it. After all, my Momma had grown up here. I wanted to be just like her after all didn't I? I had her beauty after all, since I don't seem to ever get dirty no matter what I do. Maybe that's what Momma meant by the God of the Sun blessing her. I wish she was still around to explain things like that.

As I caught up to another pegasus and a unicorn, I watched them carefully. Finally I spoke up.
"Maybe we could work together? If you get all the fungus in a pile, I can make a ball of fire to kill it... I would use it on the trees, but i'm scared the fire would go to deep and kill the tree..." I moved to the nearest infected tree, rearing up and using my hooves to pull the fungus down the tree. I hated how much bark I was taking off in the proccess, but if it meant I saved the tree then maybe it would all be worth wild. After all, we could all get move done if we worked as a team, right?

"Talk"

Helovian Ancient

The mold was not happy about being forcibly dislodged with horn and wing, and as such, it retaliated. A strange, hissing noise emerged from the gunk as it then started to latch on to you! It covered Silk's wing and Hotaru's horn, but sticking onto Laila's hooves proved to be slightly more difficult as it was squished beneath her weight.

At the mention of fire, all of the mold began to tremble, preparing for an assault on the three who showed up to destroy it!

72 hours to respond!

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
I hear the approach of other equines, and turn around to see the approach of two that were present with the Earth Turtle. One he recognized as one of the female unicorns that was present before him. She said nothing and stayed away from me, beginning to attack the fungus in the tree with her horn. She seemed as effective as I was -- a little bit of success, but a little bit of 'fuck you this damn shit'. Another lady showed up, one who I'd recognized as Amani. I nod to her, and agree with her comments. Working together is definitely a good idea, against something dark and evil especially. Attack it with magic? Sure, that might help too.

But before I can respond to her, the fungus seems to take on new life, coming at us with a vengeance. There's a hiss in the air and the fungus that I'd pulled out with my wing claw starts to climb over the claw.. then over the wing, attaching itself to the leathery tarp between my bones. After the madness of the infection that overtook me so recently, I must admit I'm only a little.. a LOT terrified... I flap my wing violently, moving away from the tree. I'm not the only one struggling here, that much is clear.. the unicorn near me now has fungus on her horn, just like my wing.

I snort and stomp my hooves in distress. "How do we deal with this? We can scrape it from the trees but how do we scrape it from ourselves?"

Walking "Talking"

Satanic Silk
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

(I think I waited 48 hours to keep in order, but did not want to risk being over 72 hours)

The reaction of the black fungus stuff is like nothing I have ever seen in my short life. Okay well, it's not like my life even stretches years yet.. But it's freaky okay? It's almost like the gunk was alive! It clung to the stallion's wing and the unicorn's horn. Somehow my hooves did not allow it to take hold... Or maybe the fact I was squishing it into the ground had something to do with it. Either way, I was okay. The hissing sound was scary, but we had to work together to kill this stuff right? Without fully thinking it though, I focused on the black stuff on the unicorn mare's horn. I had played around with my fire balls, time to see if they could be of some help. Right as one appeared I yelled to her "Hold still! I'm not perfect with this yet and I don't want to burn you." I attempted to cover the part of her horn that had the gunk on it with fire, figuring that was her best bet.

At the same time, I slowly moved towards the stallion. I dared not move fast cause I feared i'd lose concentration on the one fire ball. When I got close enough to him I could almost touch him I spoke again. "I'm going to try and use my hooves to scrap it off. If I can and it lands close to your hooves, squish it. If this works i'll try to get the rest." With that I rear up on my hind legs, which will make me so much taller when i'm older, and attempt to scrap off the gunk at his strange claw thing coming out from his wing. I can only hope that this will be enough.... After all, how much can an eight month old do to save two adults?

"Talk"

Helovian Ancient
Even: Silk
Odd: Amani

1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)

Helovian Ancient
5 = Odd, so Amani continues!
Please standby - a thread will be posted for you and the winners of the other two groups shortly. You will be tagged!

While the others struggle, Amani manages to expertly burn the blight off of the trees. The fireballs caught onto the nasty mold which growled and cried as it burned, but the trees were left whole and untouched. Eventually, the entire forest was cleansed in this way, leaving Amani victorious as she went to join the others who were not currently covered in some sort of dead, disgusting mess.